We are judged by works, not by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shoot when yoh find out what Jesus,

Being spit in his face, beat in the head, bashed with a staff, put a crown a thorns on him, beat also by a bunch of brute men, told to carry his own cross, then nailed to it, given sour vinagrr or whatever it was. Being mocked and ridivulded as they wagged there heads back and forth.

And did all that for you to have newness of life @mailmandan

You would wanna do your best to not go against the one who offers you eternal life…

I dont think we can personally hurt Jesus, i dont think we can personally hurt God,

I do believe you can hurt your relationship even though God can prune you back, and you make a choice to keep going.

But if you have a King you do your best to serve him? And the only way people serve him is by the spirit.

People forget to carry around this death in their minds and hearts. Though he did die resurrection by God was given three days later. Amazing work of God and all are sinners and our sins did put him there though he paid the price for all already even before they are born.

All the best, Love, in Christ,
Matthew

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shoot when yoh find out what Jesus,

Being spit in his face, beat in the head, bashed with a staff, put a crown a thorns on him, beat also by a bunch of brute men, told to carry his own cross, then nailed to it, given sour vinagrr or whatever it was. Being mocked and ridivulded as they wagged there heads back and forth.

And did all that for you to have newness of life @mailmandan

You would wanna do your best to not go against the one who offers you eternal life…

I dont think we can personally hurt Jesus, i dont think we can personally hurt God,

I do believe you can hurt your relationship even though God can prune you back, and you make a choice to keep going.

But if you have a King you do your best to serve him? And the only way people serve him is by the spirit.

People forget to carry around this death in their minds and hearts. Though he did die resurrection by God was given three days later. Amazing work of God and all are sinners and our sins did put him there though he paid the price for all already even before they are born.

All the best, Love, in Christ,
Matthew

Not directed to anyone in particular.

People try to make everything so simple cause its easier than going and looking at the bigger reality and picture of the complete life.

Just say jesus and your saved…

Your heart has to have the same intention as the confess…

If you believe in Jesus your gonna have a renewed life from the older one and you will be able to love God and love others, remaining humble before God, and not so proud.

And not everyone starts out just being thankful, there is ups and downs and trials and challenges. Some people come to God mad, some people vome to God out of curiosity, and people make their choice.

Pick up your cross,
Die with Jesus, (dying and puttting of the memembers of the flesh)
Be buried with Jesus (old life in the grave),
And raised with Him, (new life by the spirit though you habe your flesh which will give you issues and troubles)

All the best and may you the individual be encouraged to read and seek after truth.

In Christ,
Matthew

Last edited:

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are saved by grace, period..

this ios recieved in faith... period

our justification is through faith... period

those who have true faith will work..period

so if someone claims they have faith, but has zero works, and lives like the world. we can most likely consider they real;ly did not have faith to begin with, it was dead.

Again, we are saved by grace THROUGH faith.

if there is no living faith, there is no salvation.

Hence why there are no works.. the person has never repented.
You mean we have the element of grace available to us the reason to become born again by...repentance, baptism and committed to a righteous life.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean we have the element of grace available to us the reason to become born again by...repentance, baptism and committed to a righteous life.
Your last two works make it a salvation not of grace but of works.

Romans 4:4

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Romans 11:6

And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your last two works make it a salvation not of grace but of works.

Romans 4:4

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Romans 11:6

And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
Works-salvationists typically redefine repentance to mean "moral self-reformation" instead of a "change of mind" and then righteous actions/works (which are the fruit of repentance) end up becoming meritorious for receiving eternal life. That coupled with water baptism clearly culminates in salvation by works, which gpresdo clearly teaches.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works-salvationists typically redefine repentance to mean "moral self-reformation" instead of a "change of mind" and then righteous actions/works (which are the fruit of repentance) end up becoming meritorious for receiving eternal life. That coupled with water baptism clearly culminates in salvation by works, which gpresdo clearly teaches.
what saddens me is they are just like the jews. they just have different works they add to the gospel. and they think their works are better

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what saddens me is they are just like the jews. they just have different works they add to the gospel. and they think their works are better
Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Difference in style with these folks but same in substance and the end result is still works-righteousness.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:1 - Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Difference in style with these folks but same in substance and the end result is still works-righteousness.
Satan duped Israel

Now he has duped the so called church

Shows how weak we as humans are that we fall into the same trap over and over

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Yes, I do understand this, when we say something "comes naturally" to us, it is like saying something is common and well known. Not as in the "natural flesh". So sorry, lost in translation, lol.
This is true. By the new divine nature we walk in purity of life naturally.

The 'natural progression' of works becoming less and less filthy, is Christianized progressive humanism. It's the same as the natural man seeking to 'become better' by religion, philosophy, meditation, or works of law.

They are never newborn wholly pure and clean with all things being of God. The 'progressive gradual growth' is the same of all man's efforts to reform himself by his own will, which is by his own faith alone. Always seeking to do more good and less evil in this life, but never doing good only and not evil.

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Faith without works Christians teaching a partial spiritual conversion only, that does not include a blameless daily walk, do not believe the Bible that speaks of it, and Jesus commanding us to go and sin no more once perfectly forgiven, washed, and reconciled to the Father in all things.

Like all natural men working by their own will and power and faith alone, they seek the completeness in Christ as an ideal only, but never as a commandment to be fulfilled in this life.

They do not preach a conversion that begins that way, and they do not preach a growth that continues that way.

Instead they preach by unbelief, that doing righteousness at all times and walking blameless in the Lord with a perfect heart, is not at all possible. They do not believe it is possible in this life to walk as Jesus walked.

And indeed it's not possible for themselves, because of their own unbelief of heart. By unbelief they do not ever seek to repent of all sinning, because they do not believe it is possible. And since that is the repentance commanded by God, then they can never believe the gospel to do it at all times. By their partial repentance only, God cannot convert and translate them wholly into His kingdom of holy living without blame before Him in love. (Eph 1)

The only problem in the churches of God, is that they then go on to declare it impossible for any Christian to walk as Jesus walked, because they now judge all other people by their own unbelief, and filthy rags lifestyle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Faith is not the end goal, but it shapes the end goal.

This I believe is well said, because according to our faith, so be it unto us. (Matthew 8:13) This applies to all things in our lives, because the just shall live by their faith. And also the unjust.

The end goal is our works and living, because the Father judges every man by our works. That is how every man is either justified or condemned by His works, and not by his own faith and beliefs.

I think what the Bible says is that we will be known by our fruit.
Exactly what Jesus says.

The point is to move away from judgment, not towards it.

This is half true in the Bible. We must remove ourselves from the judgment of condemnation by repenting from dead works. We must seek the righteous judgement of God, that our works may be justified by Him.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The Christian faith without works gospel seeks to rid us of God's judgement altogether. That of course only lasts in this life, because the Bible says the Father will certainly judge every man works.

The problem with trusting in our own faith alone to justify us, is that we think we can be rid of God's judgement for our works, and also resurrect ourselves from the dead unto life.

It's the kind of promise the serpent gave to Adam and Eve, that by our own knowledge, faith, and doctrine alone, we can become as immortal gods in our own right.

If in the end, we have made way for greater works, our works will be judged more effective and fit for the purpose for which we have been given them - its just that that does not change that we are known by our fruit.
True again. By the faith of Jesus from a pure heart of God's grace, we can be made to walk as He walked in this life, and so be found worthy of walk with Jesus in white forever. (1 John 2)(Rev 3)

I find this topic interesting, because the point (the idea, as opposed to knowing or judging) is that we find inspiration for our walk with God. The Holy Spirit does not just wait to tell us what to do next, He encourages us to think for ourselves and be daring - this inspires great works for God, not merely the first ones that come to mind.
I have not heard this before, and I believe it is inspiring and accurate. Jesus showed the same kind of 'daring' by healing the Syrophoenician woman's child, then His ministry was to the Jews first.

The point is that such daring is born of greater love to do well. It's not the daring of Lucifer to make himself equal to God in power and rule.

It will be at some future point, that we realise which works got the most praise from God and which ones were most well received by the Body of Christ -

The Bible does show us how to seek God's honor, whether men honor our works or not.

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

It's a simple matter of the heart: whose honor do we seek when we do well?

Being honored by men for our good works is not wrong, unless it is the honor we seek.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

I just think we need to involve the Holy Spirit more, before we reach that point, so that our inspiration grows (and does not become dormant).

What are your thoughts about this?
This is exactly true. Jesus reporved the Ephesian church in Rev 2. They had ceased doing the 'first works', though they remained outwardly full of good works and righteousness, which Jesus Himself honored.

They were ceasing to trust in the Spirit to guide them in their works, so that they were becoming 'dormant' to God, while alive to works. They were becoming Pharisees with outward righteousness only, but inward uncleanness without the Spirit.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

This is where Paul condemns works alone as a means to salvation and justification with God. The opposite is true with James, who condemns faith alone as any means to be saved and justified with God.

The one does righteousness with the body only, and the other does no righteousness at all.

Thanks much.

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Well you are preaching another gospel.
Exactly True. We do not at all preach the same gospel. Since we part ways on James 2, then every verse we preach after that is from opposites of the aisle.

I don't want anything to do with being justified by my own faith alone, and you don't want anything to do with God judging you by your works.

Not Peter, but your complete misunderstanding of what Peter wrote, just like your reinterpreting the passages in Hebrews.
You have a knack of saying others do not understand certain parts of the Bible, just because they disagree with you. You do so without showing how your reading is correct, and theirs is not. It's a common device used by those that have no answer to challenges to your teaching.

Your gospel preaches against adding works to saving faith at any time, and 2 Peter commands us to diligently do so, in order to ensure our calling unto salvation unto the end.

Your gospel also preaches unbelief in ever being able to ensure we never fall in this life. Your faith alone gospel instead preaches it is assured we will fall from time to time unto the end.

Your gospel is from an heart of unbelief in doing the righteousness of God at all times, and the Bible gospel of Jesus Christ is with a heart full of faith in doing the righteousness of God as He is righteous.

YOu keep adding words and moving the goalpost- I do not think even you know what you are talking about. Never mind those you are trying to write to. You are a trumpet blowing an unitelligible sound
My words from the Bible are unintelligible to you by your own will to not understand.

I understand your words perfectly, and simply show how they are not Bible words.

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title of the OP is correct.

We will be judged by our works for God, for the believing.

The fact of reading, studying, praying, loving God only, being kind to our fellow man, not just those with whom we fellowship, helping spread the word, making other disciples ect. all the word says of God will be used as the yardstick to measure the life we lived here!

There is only one way to the Father, and that is by believing on the gift of salvation purchased by the Son !

Praying on a shawl toward the east 3 times a day, counting beads in repetitive prayers, building churches, traditions or religious works, ect. deemed necessary by man means NOTHING in the kingdom.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The judgement of the Bible is not of faith nor beliefs nor salvation. The judgement is of our works. Our works justify us as worthy of life or death.
Not after we already have life. For the saved, the judgment seat of Christ involves rewards. For the wicked facing judgment, it involves their eternal fate.
In the Bible, our 'cost' for Him paying the price of death, is to take up our own cross and be crucified to sinning with Him. (2 Sam 24:24)(Luke 14:28)(Matthew 10:38)

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
For that matter, who is worthy? Those who accept Jesus! That is what makes us worthy, not our own works. That verse was in the context of some people in a family believing and others not believing. So for those believing, taking up their cross seems to involve standing up and being counted as a Christian. Not some idea of being nailed to a cross in the Philippines or some works trip that we think saves us. If some believer in a family of non believers can't stand up and confess Jesus, of course we and Him will be ashamed of you. That did not say those pitiful sort of believers would be damned. It says they are unworthy. Sorry if you thought that verse meant that they were damned to hell due to not carrying a cross just right or not.
Not without walking in the light. No one has fellowship with Jesus by faith alone, without walking with Him.
Jesus is the light. If we come to Him then we are in the light.
Absolutely true. The problem is while fallen, we are not walking with Jesus in the light, nor have reconciliation with God.
Says who? If we are saved we are reconciled. If some do not walk as they should, well watch out. He watches and chastises us. (as opposed to casts us into hell)
Not being utterly cast down means we can still come to the Advocate of the world like all fallen sinners. We are not utterly forbidden from coming to the Advocate,
It means what it says. If we already CAME to Jesus and then sometimes fall, it means we cannot be completely down.
The Bible says the devils also accept the truth of the Bible.
Too bad they are not saved. We are.

It's not up to us to accept God, but God to accept us.
No. Look at Adam and Eve. They had the choice. They chose to believe Satan. Whoever comes to Jesus IS accepted! Those who won't are not. He will cast no one away that comes to Him. You are basically pre accepted if you choose Jesus!

God is not looking for our acceptance of His truth, but we must seek His acceptance by doing His truth.
Says who? Of course He likes it when we accept the truth! The way we are able to 'do truth' is by Him being in us. Abide in the vine. You do not 'do truth' so well that you graft yourself into the vine!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the Bible only those doing His righteousness are made just and righteous with Him.

His work is that we believe.

John 6:29

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent
He works on us our whole life. He is not in us because of any work we do.
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Justified does not mean saved.

Being made just and righteous without and apart from doing His word, is the Christian religion of being justified by faith alone. It's not the pure religion of the Bible.
It is BY doing His word, which is to receive Jesus' free gift of eternal life, that He makes us righteous. That act of faith that results in eternal life alone doesn't justify us. Our lives are not over and complete usually just by getting saved. To have rewards from God, we need some obedience and work.
Some obey as we ought in all things. Others don't.
Really? I never met one of those. A perfect person? Sinless? Now I have met some that truly pretended they were!
There is no better or worse obedience to God. Our works are either justified with a whole pure heart, or condemned with double heartedness.
False. Even in hell punishments differ. For believers, rewards differ also. Some will shine as the sun. Others as stars, others, apparently will be ashamed of their lives to some degree.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True. I believe the Bible teaches only newborn Christians, whether Gentile or Jew, will enter into His heavenly kingdom on earth.
Newborn sounds like freshly saved, brand new believers. I take it you had some other meaning in mind.

Faith only without works, is not believing in Jesus only as the true God and Christ.
If you love me, keep my commandments. Paul spoke of some believer that had a sin so bad, he was to be killed so that his spirit would still live. Others have their works all shown to be garbage and wasted time. Nevertheless they are saved, though it involves a lot of fiery trouble.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not so long as we are walking as He walked hand in hand with Him.
No, not so long as anything ever.

Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Romans 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It is double hearted man that casts off God and His word.

Nevertheless they were disobedient, and rebelled against thee, and cast thy law behind their backs, and slew thy prophets which testified against them to turn them to thee, and they wrought great provocations.

That is a nation. Was Peter double minded, or Thomas?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is true for the Christian gospel of being justified by faith alone without works. It only produces continued filthy rags of their own righteousness, and not the pure hearted works of faith in Christ Jesus.
Saved by faith. That is the gospel. There are no pure works unless we have Him in us.

They think they are showing humility by acknowledging they still live filthy.
Strawman. People who know the heart of God and the bible, would probably not be preaching that we should 'live filthy'. However, the prodigal son, when in with the swine was still a son.
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Absolutely. Let's try. However, let's also remember we are saved sinners and a work in progress and that nothing will ver separate us from Him. Period.
The Christian gospel of an impure conversion while still sinning, is not the pure gospel of Jesus Christ.
Never heard of that. But we all have sinned, and when we came to Jesus, were still sinning and then we got saved. Even then we have a long way to go. No work keeps us saved any more that any work saved us in the first place!
I've heard this Christian doctrine of God killing ungodly believers in order to save them. I call it the Mai Lai massacre of unclean religion.

The God of the Bible does not destroy souls in order to save them.
Paul said the body of that stinker needed to die so that the spirit would live, regardless of what you call it. Try not to misrepresent what the bible or other posters say here. Your claim that He destroys souls to save them, or your allusion to others claiming that is made up and dishonest.
Jesus Christ destroys the works of the devil to save the soul from sinning.
Verse?
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

He that is committing sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

By saving us we are saved from our sins. Even when Peter sinned, or (any person in the bible) that did not damn them again! Peter was chastened with a rebuke from which he learned his lesson and tried again! The sin unto death is before we are saved not after! To reject Jesus is the sin unto death. That verse does not mean that Peter was of the devil!

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Exactly. Believers not doing the word have a dead faith of hearing only, that cannot save any man.
Being a believer means we are saved already! No need for works to then save us!
This is what Paul calls playing word games. (1 Tim 6:4) It's trying to make difference between being dead and being useless.

A dead faith that is useful to being saved and justified, is not the faith of Jesus in the Bible.
1 tim 6:4 is about folks arguing about how a Christian worker/slave should try to do a good job actually

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The chastisement of God upon the world for sinning, is death and separation from God, beginning with Adam and continuing with all men that are sinning. (Gen 2) (Ezek 18:4)(Rom 5:12, 6:23)
That is not us. That is the world. We are not of this world. Nothing shall separate us from the love of God.
Only those that once tasted of Christ within, now know the difference.

The wages of sin is death of the soul, without respect of persons by the Father.
There seems to be a difference between tasting of what it is like and actually diving in and getting wet. In this case it seems like those who just get a little taste were not saved. They ran off. Did not come to Him
The Bible teaches to first repent and believe the gospel and come to Him, to be saved from sinning against Him.
Verse? Was Peter saved from ever making mistakes? No. He was saved from death and hell.
The Christian gospel of faith without works, that bypasses repenting for believing and coming only, is not the Bible.
Believing is the work of God! Then when we abide in Him, we bear fruit. Repenting does not mean some magical transformation into instant perfection! It means we choose Jesus and accept His gift. Any little works we may do after that fact result in rewards. That way the works are in their right place. After the horse, not before it. Otherwise though we give our body to be burned, and all our money to the poor etc..it profits nothing.
In the Bible, only those doing the will of the Father are His family.
Verse?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. By the new divine nature we walk in purity of life naturally.

The 'natural progression' of works becoming less and less filthy, is Christianized progressive humanism. It's the same as the natural man seeking to 'become better' by religion, philosophy, meditation, or works of law.

They are never newborn wholly pure and clean with all things being of God. The 'progressive gradual growth' is the same of all man's efforts to reform himself by his own will, which is by his own faith alone. Always seeking to do more good and less evil in this life, but never doing good only and not evil.

I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Faith without works Christians teaching a partial spiritual conversion only, that does not include a blameless daily walk, do not believe the Bible that speaks of it, and Jesus commanding us to go and sin no more once perfectly forgiven, washed, and reconciled to the Father in all things.

Like all natural men working by their own will and power and faith alone, they seek the completeness in Christ as an ideal only, but never as a commandment to be fulfilled in this life.

They do not preach a conversion that begins that way, and they do not preach a growth that continues that way.

Instead they preach by unbelief, that doing righteousness at all times and walking blameless in the Lord with a perfect heart, is not at all possible. They do not believe it is possible in this life to walk as Jesus walked.

And indeed it's not possible for themselves, because of their own unbelief of heart. By unbelief they do not ever seek to repent of all sinning, because they do not believe it is possible. And since that is the repentance commanded by God, then they can never believe the gospel to do it at all times. By their partial repentance only, God cannot convert and translate them wholly into His kingdom of holy living without blame before Him in love. (Eph 1)

The only problem in the churches of God, is that they then go on to declare it impossible for any Christian to walk as Jesus walked, because they now judge all other people by their own unbelief, and filthy rags lifestyle.
The churches have failed big time, they dropped the ball more and more as time has passed. I am not a perfect human being, and do not ever in this horrid, carnal world, see myself ever reaching those heights. But still, I reach more and more everyday, Amen!
God bless and keep you.

Reactions: Ghada

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not without walking in the light. No one has fellowship with Jesus by faith alone, without walking with Him.
1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. *Walking in darkness is descriptive of children of the devil. *Walking in the light is descriptive of children of God. *Only those who are saved/believers are in the light.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Children of the devil walk in darkness, not in the light. Children of God walk in the light, not in darkness. IF confirms these positions in verses 6 and 7. It's one or the other.

In 1 John 2:9, we read - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. In verse 11 - But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

*Compare with 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, (compare with 1 John 1:6 - does not practice the truth) nor is he who does not love his brother. *Notice that walks in darkness, hates his brother is connected with children of the devil.

Reactions: Rapture Bound