we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I did. That's when you went all like this. You can't get enough of putting me down, and I'm just letting you dig, hoping you will find a bottom.

You never proved me wrong, and in fact only strengthened my views on the matter, therefore you failed to prove me wrong.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I challenge you . . . put into your own words, accurately and fairly, what I believe about the born again person's maturing in the faith?

Can you?

If not, what gives you any right to speak against it?

My Posts are not about you, but about the general condition of the church. the fact that you internalize them as being about you shows that they are convicting you. what you do about that is between you and the LORD.

As for your view of Spiritual maturation, You view it as merely a renewing of the mind I view it as that and more than just that as a renewing of our very desires unto holiness.... that we from our inner man desire to do the will of God from a transformed heart.... the renewing of the mind merely being one step in that process.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are waiting for what the Bible says you already have been given.

No, According to the Bible this is still to come

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. (James 5:7)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to have a real and honest discussion? Stop trying to make me look bad. That will go a long way. I don't say false things about you. You should stop saying false things about me.

You make yourself "look bad" by your responses. I do not have to say anything.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, According to the Bible this is still to come

Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. (James 5:7)

This is to the coming of the Lord, not a "second pentacost".

This is a great example. This passage you provide makes no mention whatsoever about an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, or that there is a "second pentacost", "second benefit", whatever you want to call it.

It mentions the words "latter rain", but in an exortation to patiently await Jesus' return.

This passage, however, explicitly states that God has already given us everything we need for live and godliness. Everything!

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is to the coming of the Lord, not a "second pentacost".

This is the harvest before the coming of the LORD.

The fields have to ripen before the harvest and the latter rain does that. The wheat and tares grow together till the harvest. Without the latter rain the wheat does not ripen and then what?

A branch that does not bare fruit is cutoff and cast into the fire..... I do not want you to be one of those branches.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty thin, wouldn't you say?

And do you really think I'd use the words "merely a renewing if the mind"?

That is all you point to in your comments to refute what i say, so yes, your view is pretty thin.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But according to what Jesus taught....
Not according to that verse.

You quote a passage to support you doctrine, and that passage you quote does not.

No second pentacost here;

Accept the truth of this, don't just change the subject.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But according to what Jesus taught....

Acts 1:4-5 KJV
4) And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5) For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all you point to in your comments to refute what i say, so yes, your view is pretty thin.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Colossians 3:8-10 KJV
8) But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9) Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10) And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Titus 3:4-6 KJV
4) But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6) Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

This last one . . . the washing of regeneration . . . regeneration is the reviving . . . bringing to new life. And there is the renewing of the Holy Spirit.

This is the Scriptural terminology.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you don't know my heart, but then you go on as if you do.

Could it be that I don't actually feel the emotional state you suggest?

Much love!
To be able to see things a person does isn’t looking at their heart. It’s just observation. You are so vested in protecting yourself against all the bad people out to get you that you aren’t even making rational sense right now.

if someone observes that someone else is very defensive and ready to lash out defensively, it’s observing their behavior, not their heart.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So then why does the Bible speak in terms of renewing the mind? Not more?

Romans 6:6-11 KJV
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

These are our marching orders. "Reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God".

What is it about the mind?

Reckon ye . . . Account in your mind that this is true . . .

2 Corinthians 5:17-18 KJV
17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Ephesians 4:21-24 KJV
21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Our new creation . . . the new you . . . is now like God Himself.

But we have to reckon this true. It IS true, but we don't think of it as being true, and feel enslaved to this world, or to our flesh, or to sin. We've been freed from sin, IF we are born again.

So then why does the Bible speak in terms of renewing the mind? Not more?

Because we've already been made new in Christ. The new creation is are real and true thing. We aren't going to become "more born again". But we need to come to think this way. To realize in our mind . . . where we make our choices, where we form our opinions and perceptions, to realize that our hearts are no longer desparately wicked and incurably sick, to realize, we've been born again, recreated in God's pattern, righteous and holy.

And if we will think that way, believing this to be true, we will live that way, according to what we believe.

Talk about renewing the heart, sure, sounds good, but what does that really mean?

Do you have a new "inner man"?

Romans 7:22-25 KJV
22) For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24) O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25) I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think that it's good to understand what a person means?

Would you like to know the real reason I asked that? Or would you rather just make your own personal dig?

Can a person be aware of someone's comment, can a person point out someone's comment, without having taken it personally?

But you've got me all figured out.

Much love!

You’re acting nuts marks. You’re the one who began attacking a man for his words, and I could tell by some of your comments that you’ve attacked him before in other threads, even though I haven’t run across them. You have a problem with this man and you’ve brought your problem in here.

I’ve watched you do this with various people over the years. You are offended by someone and you begin a nuisance campaign against them.

That’s noting your outward behaviors. It’s not being able to see your heart.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, you always think people are getting in personal digs against you. You’re always on the defense. You always think people have a bad opinion of you. You always think people are trying to make you look bad. I grew up with a woman like that.

You never know what a burden your reputation is until you have no reputation to defend. (I Forget who said that)

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re always
These kinds of statements . . . You always . . . You never . . . they are reflective of the speaker more than of others.

This kind of statement represents a view founded in generalizations, and are hardly ever accurate.

Now you can tell me I'm offended yet again, and dismiss what I say accordingly.

And lest you now accuse me of starting my nuisance campaign against you, I'll just say bye at this point.

Much love!