What about Inaugaration day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A bit late I know, I didn't watch the inaugaration as I was at work, but was happy to hear that Garth Brooks performed at Biden's inauguration. He sang Amazing Grace

And what about the young poet Amanda Gorman who overcame a speech impediment. She did a wonderful job and is an inspiration to many.

And what about that Bernie Sanders meme? That has been trending on social media ever since the inaugaration.

images

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hi Josho,

From his speech:

. A once in a century virus that silently stalks the country has taken as many lives in one year as in all of World War Two.

Which is, of course, dwarfed by the tems of millions murdered through abortion, which his party whole heartedly endorses... No hypocrisy there eh?

I think its nice that you found something to be happy about in his speech... But no country, no civilization that sacrifices its own children can stand...

Peace be with you!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow guys, you aren't being told this haha.

There was an Inaugaral Gospel Celebration Concert

Reactions: Pearl

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt. 7:21 “Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’

... and there is no shortage of these which promote the Democratic Party ...
Bobby Jo

Reactions: April_Rose

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Josho,
Thanks for the tag, might of guessed that someone would post a negative after you posted. Sorry we have now lost 8 residents in two weeks, all as a result of the covid outbreak , more will follow, so It’s hard going here. Gospel music can reach the hearts of many, it connects, and I hope the Lord will use it xx
Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Josho

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think I would rather put my hope in the Lord, and actually believe that he is still calling people to himself , in all kinds of ways and through many things, he isn’t bound by what we think he will do or how we consider he will work or what he will work through. Gospel music is still proclaiming scriptural truths , still singing it out.
ALL countries are ‘ going through it ‘. Paul was able to praise the Lord in ALL circumstances.
Just saying xx
Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think I would rather put my hope in the Lord, and actually believe that he is still calling people to himself , in all kinds of ways and through many things, he isn’t bound by what we think he will do or how we consider he will work or what he will work through. Gospel music is still proclaiming scriptural truths , still singing it out.
ALL countries are ‘ going through it ‘. Paul was able to praise the Lord in ALL circumstances.
Just saying xx
Rita

Amen to that. I am appalled by the negativity and name calling in the political threads. It is not a Christian thing and it is disgusting to hear somebody who appears to call themselves a Christian using such derogatory terms. I wish admin would put a stop to it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to that. I am appalled by the negativity and name calling in the political threads. It is not a Christian thing and it is disgusting to hear somebody who appears to call themselves a Christian using such derogatory terms.

I wish admin would put a stop to it.

Not everyone is in favor of censorship.

•Do you not understand Open Free speech Clearly establishes A Division?
•Do you not understand it is the individuals RIGHT to Listen or Not to other individuals?
•Why should your inability to Exercise your Right "to scroll"...infringe on an others RIGHT to freely Speak?

Are you unaware...it was Jesus Himself who came to Earth to CAUSE DIVISION...not Silence?

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish admin would put a stop to it.

That's not going to happen because just like @Taken said, we have the right to free speech,.. and besides,.. out of all the staff members here, Josho is the only one who supports Biden. The rest of him think he's trash.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's not going to happen because just like @Taken said, we have the right to free speech,.. and besides,.. out of all the staff members here, Josho is the only one who supports Biden. The rest of him think he's trash.

Sorry April Rose, you do not have the "right to free speech," but the liberty laws allow you to speak freely within certain boundary conditions. These boundary do allow a level of artistic expression, but they do not allow speech which incites people to act inappropriately, which is what the Democrats are attempting to impeach the Ex President Trump on. That is and of itself is a two edged sword for the democrats because the language that they are using to incriminate President Trump with is doing the very same thing that they are accusing Trump of. The language that they are using to condemn Trump can also be considered to be inciteful.

There is no "free speech," as we are responsible for the consequences of what we say and how we say it within the Liberty laws that surround our "free speech's" liberties.

As an outsider to the politics occurring in the USA, the Hypocrisy of the politic is appalling and the election of the new president was a choice between what was bad and bad for the country.

Sadly the historical story being told of the recent election is very biased and only those "facts" that were wanted to be told, were told. The truth has been for the moment has been swept under the rug so to speak.

What is even sadder is the lack of understanding of the people, both in your country and mine to what is really happening in our respective lands.

Shalom

Reactions: amadeus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You may be surprised :p

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My earlier comments were about what God could do through music / gospel singing - that’s all. It wasn’t about ‘ who’s ‘ inauguration concert it was. It’s was about not putting God in a box and saying he can’t use something.
Just a note about freedom of speech within the forum, so many think that it’s okay to say what they want, when they want, ect ect.
Scripture has many verses about the use of our words, taming of the tongue. This implies that we need to consider the implications of the words we speak and write down, especially between believers. Maybe that needs to be a separate thread, I was studying something the other day and it made me consider how we talk to one another.
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol , I just checked the forum and amedaus has already started a thread on the subject xx
Rita