What are we today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and hypocritical.

I'm gonna go ahead and call this what it is, a lie.

"Rightly dividing the word" doesn't mean throwing half of it away.

I can't believe you actually expect people to buy this.

c
A hidden gospel a lie!!!! Better read your Bible. It does not lie.

Eph 3:8-13 -- Purpose of the Mystery
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.

13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
NKJV

Col 1:24-27
Sacrificial Service for Christ 24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,
25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,
26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
NKJV

Deut 29:29
29 "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
NKJV

I did not say throw half of it away --- you said that -- All scripture is profitable for our learning but not all of it is to us under grace which is the gospel for the whole world today as clearly stated in the two scriptures above that were hidden in God.

You can say all you wish about me but my posts are not about me. Did you not know that the religious leaders said Jesus lied too. You are just following in their footsteps. You don't have to say what I write and believe is a lie, Just say you disagree. your attitude will not make many friends.

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not even close to what Christ commands us imo.
You don't seem to understand that It was Jesus who gave Paul the gospel of grace for the whole world.

It was necessary for God to send Paul because the 12 were not able to get the Jews (Israel to accept Jesus as their Messiah and King. That was their mission. They could not go to the Gentiles if they could not get Israel to accept Jesus.

Jesus had this to say about Israel not accepting Him.

The Barren Fig Tree:

Luke 13:6-9
6 He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.
7 Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?'
8 But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
9 And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'" NKJV

Jesus spent 3 years in His ministry to the nation of Israel (the fig tree) and they did not accept Him as their king. After His crucifixion His apostles had about 40 years (to dig around it). But it never happened so God concluded that all had sinned, destroyed the Jewish Temple, and therefore He now offered salvation by grace to all. Up until this time the only way a Gentile could be saved was through a saved Jew. Now everyone is on a level playing field.

Reactions: FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have made an assumption and trying to use it as a truth. Show me where Jesus said His other sheep are the Gentiles. Since Jesus only came to the lost sheep of the House of Israel (He said this in two places) I find it to rule out that He was speaking of the Gentiles.
I asked you the same question. If it isn't the gentiles, then who is it? There is Israel, Judah, the linage of Ishmael (todays Muslims) or the mutts known as the gentiles.

So who are the other sheep who are not of the Jewish flock that the (then) 12 disciples didn't know?

Seeing as Jesus sent Paul to the gentiles, and Peter as well to a lesser extent... I'm sorry but its a pretty good assumption!

So who's the other sheep, H Richard, if not the gentiles?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong!

We are "IN CHRST" who is sitting at the right hand of. Only Paul penned the words that we are "IN CHRIST" and the Holy Spirit is IN US.

Baaaaaaa

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeez Richard - a hidden gospel? When are you going to mention the part of your private interpretation, which 'clearly' states that Satan is actually God?

Last edited:
Reactions: Job

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you the same question. If it isn't the gentiles, then who is it? There is Israel, Judah, the linage of Ishmael (todays Muslims) or the mutts known as the gentiles.

So who are the other sheep who are not of the Jewish flock that the (then) 12 disciples didn't know?

Seeing as Jesus sent Paul to the gentiles, and Peter as well to a lesser extent... I'm sorry but its a pretty good assumption!

So who's the other sheep, H Richard, if not the gentiles?

Since the scripture is not specific and I am not God, your guess is as good as mine. I say it isn't the Gentiles and you say it is. Okay you have your opinion and I have mine. Let it go at that because I am not going to make an assumption.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeez Richard - a hidden gospel? When are you going to get the part that tells us that Satan is actually God?
Don't have any idea that Satan is actually God. Nothing in my writing have said this.

However he is the god of this world. When Satan understood the Gospel of Grace it left him with no other choice but to say it was the same as under the Law of Moses and thereby saying that the hidden gospel was the same old same old. He had no power over those under grace. That is how Jesus defeated Satan on the cross.

Tone it down unless you wish to argue. In which case I will ignore you.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since the scripture is not specific and I am not God, your guess is as good as mine. I say it isn't the Gentiles and you say it is. Okay you have your opinion and I have mine. Let it go at that because I am not going to make an assumption.
No Richard, my guess isn't as good as yours because I am not guessing. I am using history and reasoning to draw a conclusion.

I have reasoning for saying it was the gentiles, now where is your reaso ing for sayong it isn't? There is one other catagory of people it could be, but do you know who they are?

You haven't given your opinion. You just shot down my opinion and you did it without any scriptural or historical evidence.

I will indeed make an assumption that Jesus was speaking of the gentiles. Its not a blind assumption because it happened. Square peg in square hole. It fits! If it isn't right, please tell me why!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on Richard, you act as if you've never heard that before.
The gospel that Paul preached to the whole world was a gospel of grace that was HIDDEN IN GOD and I gave Paul's scriptures that say it was. HEy! it is okay with me if you don't believe Paul but there is another scripture that says the world will be judged by his (Paul's) gospel. Look it up for yourself I study the scriptures for myself and you can too.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Richard, my guess isn't as good as yours because I am not guessing. I am using history and reasoning to draw a conclusion.

I have reasoning for saying it was the gentiles, now where is your reaso ing for sayong it isn't? There is one other catagory of people it could be, but do you know who they are?

You haven't given your opinion. You just shot down my opinion and you did it without any scriptural or historical evidence.

I will indeed make an assumption that Jesus was speaking of the gentiles. Its not a blind assumption because it happened. Square peg in square hole. It fits! If it isn't right, please tell me why!
Show me where Jesus said it was the Gentiles and you win. Have you ever considered that it might be the Jews who had passed away or those who God showed mercy to before Abraham or before the Law was given? Or it could be, and to me is my guess, it is those Gentiles who are allowed into the 1000 year reign of Jesus on this earth. But it to me it certainly was not the people saved under the HIDDEN grace gospel.

FHLL, I have considered you to be a friend. Don't ruin it by foolish arguments. It is still opinions and assumptions.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on Richard, you act as if you've never heard that before.
Yes I hear it a lot, especially from the RCC and Protestant religions. They base their theology on the Jewish model of religion and I am a threat to them just as I am to you. Jesus did not like the religious very much so I am in good company.

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's

"the cross which accomplished all that is necessary for a person to be saved"

that i am mostly objecting to; but maybe i am just misunderstanding you.
No, you have it right. To think that an all knowing God could not see that mankind could not earn their salvation by what they do in religion would set up just another religion seem foolish to me.

God's work on the cross accomplished all that is necessary for a person's salvation but only for those that believe (have faith) that it does. The scriptures tell us that without faith it is impossible to please God. A person who does not have faith in God's work on the cross can not please God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tone it down unless you wish to argue. In which case I will ignore you.

Well, I see heresy is found on the high road, today. I accept your offer to ignore me and I thank you

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where Jesus said it was the Gentiles and you win. Have you ever considered that it might be the Jews who had passed away or those who God showed mercy to before Abraham or before the Law was given? Or it could be, and to me is my guess, it is those Gentiles who are allowed into the 1000 year reign of Jesus on this earth. But it to me it certainly was not the people saved under the HIDDEN grace gospel.

FHLL, I have considered you to be a friend. Don't ruin it by foolish arguments. It is still opinions and assumptions.
No, YOU show me where it says it wasn't the gentiles. Because it seems like the most obvious candidate!

I absolutely have considered it might be those who have passed away. Especially those beginning with and before Abraham... Now you prove it! I don't think it is because Jesus said they didn't know that particular flock. They knew Abe!

" Or it could be, and to me is my guess, it is those Gentiles who are allowed into the 1000 year reign of Jesus on this earth."
You haven't a clue, do you? Oh, the sheep in John 10:16 are gentiles.... Just not the gentiles today... Yea... Sure...
. But it to me it certainly was not the people saved under the HIDDEN grace gospel.

It WAS hidden. Its now revealefd and was under the preaching of Paul. Or don't you believe your own teaching?
FHLL, I have considered you to be a friend. Don't ruin it by foolish arguments. It is still opinions and assumptions

And I still consider you a friend and my closest ally in truth.

We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Paul said that! What do you have to say?

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I hear it a lot, especially from the RCC and Protestant religions. They base their theology on the Jewish model of religion and I am a threat to them just as I am to you. Jesus did not like the religious very much so I am in good company.

Why do you assume I'm either catholic or protestant?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is HOW a person is following after Him that matters. If it is trying to please Him by what the person does. it negates what Jesus has already done.

Today a child of God follows by placing their faith in His work on the cross, not on their works in religion.

I don't know if you have seen the movie "FURY" about a tank crew in WW11 but in it there was a conversation between one of the original crew and a new person. The original asked the new person "are you saved?" and the new person said "I have been baptized". Another of the crew said that was not the question. Then the new guy said "I go to church."

This seems to be what many in religions would say today because they are taught these thing will save them. It is all about what they do in religion. Not much about the work of God on the cross which accomplished all that is necessary for a person to be saved.
I am with you 100%. Been trying for decades to show the love of Jesus apart from 'churches' and or religious people ( as opposed to Christians). I did see "Fury" , very powerful movie, I saw a similar scene ( not war though ) but where after a few people answer the question about being saved, saying the same that they go to church or they sometimes read the Bible, and the person goes on to saying:" That's all very nice, but ARE you saved? It isn't easy for some to understand that a person can be baptized as a child, get 'confirmed' at adolescence, go on to attending church every Sunday and even read their Bible now and again, to find out later that not ONE of those things counts for anything.
I completely believe that we are Joint Heirs with Christ, He has confirmed this to me many times, both by Word and by deed, but I have also met a group of Christians who thought that meant they could put all other believers down, as they ( the others ) just didn't know what they had in Him, and therefore not as important to Jesus as they thought they were. It is always a fine line we need to walk between the authority we have been given and to still remember to serve in and with that authority In Him, and in His Love. Bless you :)