What are we today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IF you read the scriptures for understanding you will see that the "sheep and goat" judgement is on the Gentile nations. It is based on the Abrahamic promise to Abraham where God said "I will bless those who bless you and curse them that curse you.'

People just can't see that the child of God has already been made a child of God and this judgement is not for them. It is to separate the Gentiles who did, or did not, help the nation of Israel when they were in need. The sheep will go into the Jewish kingdom that Jesus will set up for a 1000 years on this earth.
It can be like bashing your head against a brick wall trying to convince a christian, that they have already been judged ! They may not understand that Jesus stood trial for all the sin of the world, and was obviously declared 'Innocent', so If we say we are In Him and He is in us and together we are in the Father then we too, by proxy, are delivered out of judgement and into His righteousness. All they do ( and I catch myself sometimes doing it ) is look at our lives in the flesh and think :" Innocent, us ?" What a joke, and yes ! They would be right, IF we were still outside Christ. We have to be careful that we don't stand opposite to Jesus on so many points, and learn to agree with Him. I have been given advice by Him , NOT to stand together with the accuser, not against myself or others. That was good advice ! Bless you :)

Reactions: Pisteuo

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i'm not buying it, with all due respect; sounds like "belief" to me, not faith. Christ did not command us to "pick up your cross, and follow" for nothing.
Yes, but how do you understand this?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have made an assumption and trying to use it as a truth. Show me where Jesus said His other sheep are the Gentiles. Since Jesus only came to the lost sheep of the House of Israel (He said this in two places) I find it to rule out that He was speaking of the Gentiles.
No, I wasn't assuming anything. I was asking you something. OK, so you do not believe He is talking about the Gentiles there ( another kindly showed me the scripture ).... Do you not believe that we are IN CHRIST ?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sent Saul/Paul into the world preaching a HIDDEN GOSPEL

What is the benefit your hidden gospel teaching. What truth can be found in your teachings that can't be found in the Word of God?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the benefit your hidden gospel teaching. What truth can be found in your teachings that can't be found in the Word of God?
there is no such thing as a hidden gospel, Jesus stated plainly He spoke to the public in public with nothing hidden. those who think that they have the hidden gospel have issues.

Reactions: aspen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said that whatever is hidden will be 'revealed'... Many unfortunately only go by, what in a court of law is called 'hearsay' . One cannot be a 'witness' , without having witnessed or heard something themselves. I love The Bible, but only in hindsight most of the time , although He has taught me a few things via The Bible too.... The thing is....I love Him more, and I found out that I can't rely on my understanding of what John or Paul or James or Peter meant, where they are quoted, or who they were talking to or under which exact circumstances....He, Jesus, taught me that. I didn't even see a Bible until 6 1/2 years after seeing and speaking with Him ( after he saved me from the realm of the dead brrrrrr. NEVER again! ), but as I was shown by others, what He was telling me in plain English, was actually mostly in The Bible. One thing that comes to mind which they didn't find in the Bible, was when He explained to me, that we had it all wrong, when we baptize babies, that it was something each person has to choose for themselves, when they are older... Then lo and behold, I invited some Mormons into my home some time ago ( in my ignorance ), and THEY had THAT written in their little book of Mormon, about not baptizing babies. Go figure ?
So I have always just assumed that each 'group' has some truth and some 'misunderstandings' and even more reason for me to stick like glue to Him and not get ahead of myself, thinking I am smart enough to know and understand all the things God did and why and what He meant by it, as others have written it , so hearsay ! I enjoy your posts and you certainly come across as someone who has received revelation. Am I wrong in that ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I wasn't assuming anything. I was asking you something. OK, so you do not believe He is talking about the Gentiles there ( another kindly showed me the scripture ).... Do you not believe that we are IN CHRIST ?
We need to start looking at ourselves as witnesses for either the defense of mankind ( together with Jesus ) or the prosecution of mankind ( together with the accuser )..We come across to others as either the one or the other, even if they don't necessarily make the connection to Jesus or the enemy. So if we stand proclaiming Christ, we had better be sure we are standing on the right side. He showed me this and added that one is only a legitimate witness ( in order to testify ), when one has heard or seen something oneself....Christians can however 'reflect' His Light and Love in their lives as they live them, even without ever having seen. I think Paul referred to them as 'epistles, read of all men'. but those who want to preach and or Bible bash with nothing but scriptures ( which to an unbeliever are all empty words ) really need to carefully examine themselves and question where their passion is coming from? To defend or accuse ?

Reactions: Pisteuo

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The gospel that Paul preached to the whole world was a gospel of grace that was HIDDEN IN GOD and I gave Paul's scriptures that say it was. HEy! it is okay with me if you don't believe Paul but there is another scripture that says the world will be judged by his (Paul's) gospel. Look it up for yourself I study the scriptures for myself and you can too.
Hello H. Richard. I am fairly new on this forum, and I had a hard time finding a post of yours to send a reply to, as someone else has usually already replied. I actually accidentally sent a reply to my own post ( to you ) just a moment ago. I hope you can find it, sorry about that. I am having a bit of a hard time navigating this. :)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We need to start looking at ourselves as witnesses for either the defense of mankind ( together with Jesus ) or the prosecution of mankind ( together with the accuser )..We come across to others as either the one or the other, even if they don't necessarily make the connection to Jesus or the enemy. So if we stand proclaiming Christ, we had better be sure we are standing on the right side. He showed me this and added that one is only a legitimate witness ( in order to testify ), when one has heard or seen something oneself....Christians can however 'reflect' His Light and Love in their lives as they live them, even without ever having seen. I think Paul referred to them as 'epistles, read of all men'. but those who want to preach and or Bible bash with nothing but scriptures ( which to an unbeliever are all empty words ) really need to carefully examine themselves and question where their passion is coming from? To defend or accuse ?
sorry everyone, I accidentally sent this to the wrong spot. I am still learning..

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That one was a bit beneath you, wasn't it ?

No. I simply noted that there are others who have referred to themselves as Jesus or at least His equal. He did that when he added the word "too".

Did you not know that the religious leaders said Jesus lied too.

He's referring to himself.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. I simply noted that there are others who have referred to themselves as Jesus or at least His equal. He did that when he added the word "too".

He's referring to himself.
LMBO.( in pace of LMAO ).....Thanks, I needed that. I can get stuck on the 'serious button' too long sometimes......Have a great day Pia

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I have always just assumed that each 'group' has some truth and some 'misunderstandings'

That's why the Lord frowns on denominations. Each one is different and separate from the next. It's not supposed to be like that.

1 Corinthians 1
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

That's not what we see when we look at today's church. People like to refer to today's church as the Body of Christ. I think it better resembles the "high places" mentioned in scripture.

I enjoy your posts and you certainly come across as someone who has received revelation. Am I wrong in that ?

I've never seen or heard God. I used to have dreams. I saw the Twin Towers go down in 1989. At the time I had no idea. It wasn't until I saw the first tower collapse...

o

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Today a child of God follows by placing their faith in His work on the cross, not on their works in religion.
Actually that is not true, our faith is Him who saves, not the works of the cross, we are supposed to get past that, but that "cross" is what stops so many christians going forward. this bit

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

I see no cross in front of me Just Jesus, because teh cross is far behind, not going back there.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Job

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since the scripture is not specific and I am not God, your guess is as good as mine. I say it isn't the Gentiles and you say it is. Okay you have your opinion and I have mine. Let it go at that because I am not going to make an assumption.
Actually it is the gentiles

Joh 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Being His sheep has nothing to do with believing and everything to do with Hearing, thats why he said

and they shall hear my voice

God is no respector of persons.

It is by revelation we are taught, if we cannot hear than we cant get revelation, it is from God alone.

Reactions: Job

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, you have it right. To think that an all knowing God could not see that mankind could not earn their salvation by what they do in religion would set up just another religion seem foolish to me.

God's work on the cross accomplished all that is necessary for a person's salvation but only for those that believe (have faith) that it does. The scriptures tell us that without faith it is impossible to please God. A person who does not have faith in God's work on the cross can not please God.
now it seems you are just conflating faith and belief wadr, to express the same point. Iow it seems to me that overcoming is discounted, or if you prefer, that our works are irrelevant? And i don't mean religious altar "works," or public professions, but the IRL stuff.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If it is trying to please Him by what the person does. it negates what Jesus has already done.
so a person might be doing the right things for the wrong reasons then lol, i prolly spent half my life doing that. I am not trying to overcome to please God, at least not anymore. Usually. But i am still trying to overcome. Professing faith in Christ is not overcoming anything though, that i can see.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, but how do you understand this?
as a Spirit that we can either manifest into the world, or not, and recognize in others, or not, without any verbalization needed at all. When one begins seeking Christ--or in our lexicon "gets saved"--they do not suddenly no longer need to eat or sleep, right. Meaning that they are still going to have plenty of opportunity to serve their flesh, or the Spirit, every day, for the rest of their lives.

i read "one who is in Christ no longer sins" too, but imo this is bait for narcissists who believe they were "saved" at the altar, and are now "in Christ" 24/7, which for all i know some people attain, but that certainly does not describe me, and it sure doesn't describe King David, so imo the passage is being read wrong.

If you are in Christ in your next decision, you are not going to sin, and if you are serving yourself, you are going to sin, and if you have been led to believe that some altar works in the past have "saved" you irrevocably for all time, no matter what you do, then don't even bother reading this. "Faith" does not mean "believing really, really hard, no finger-crossies."