What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one can * not* say with their mouth that “ Jesus is Lord” they are “ none of His” so I will leave it to you to figure it out....
I'll let Scripture spell that thought out for us ... Romans 10:9-10 CEV 9 So you will be saved, if you honestly say, “Jesus is Lord,” and if you believe with all your heart that God raised him from death. 10 God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this and tell it to others.

See that? God - in his unitarian nature - raised Jesus from the dead. And, not Jesus, but God - in his unitarian nature will save us. See that? That's the other part of the Scripture you referenced. In the opinion of non-trinitarians, it is just as important as the first part.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes (nations) of the earth will mourn over Him [realizing their sin and guilt, and anticipating the coming wrath]. So it is to be. Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega [the Beginning and the End],” says the Lord God, “Who is [existing forever] and Who was [continually existing in the past] and Who is to come, the Almighty [the Omnipotent, the Ruler of all].”

9 I, John, your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patient endurance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos, [exiled there] because of [my preaching of] the word of God [regarding eternal salvation] and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit [in special communication with the Holy Spirit and empowered to receive and record the revelation from Jesus Christ] on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, 11 saying, “Write on a scroll what you see [in this revelation], and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And after turning I saw seven golden lampstands; 13 and in the midst of the lampstands I saw someone like the Son of Man, dressed in a robe reaching to His feet, and with a golden sash wrapped around His chest. 14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, [glistening white] like snow; and His [all-seeing] eyes were [flashing] like a flame of fire [piercing into my being]. 15 His feet were like burnished [white-hot] bronze, refined in a furnace, and His voice was [powerful] like the sound of many waters. 16 In His right hand He held seven stars, and from His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword [of judgment]; and His face [reflecting His majesty and the [r]Shekinah glory] was like the sun shining in [all] its power [at midday].

17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. And He placed His right hand on me and said, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last [absolute Deity, the Son of God], 18 and the Ever-living One [living in and beyond all time and space]. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of [absolute control and victory over] death and of Hades (the realm of the dead).

Who do you say I am guys.? He is the one to come the almighty v8

15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, You are the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the Son of the living God. 17 Then Jesus answered him, “Blessed [happy, spiritually secure, favored by God] are you, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood (mortal man) did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades (death) will not overpower it [by preventing the resurrection of the Christ].

Rev 22

12 “Behold, I (Jesus) am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to the merit of his deeds (earthly works, faithfulness). 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End [the Eternal One].”

Reactions: GEN2REV

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12 “Behold, I (Jesus) am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to the merit of his deeds (earthly works, faithfulness). 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End [the Eternal One].”
A little short of ‘Jesus is God.’ The speaker of these words said a few verses earlier, at verse 9 that he is not God. (If not, it is at least ambiguous and not definite)

I noticed you inserted the word in parentheses ‘Jesus’ because it is not there and contradicts God saying these words in Rev 1:5 and contradicts Jesus referring to his God 4 times in Rev 3:12.

More to the point, the question of this thread is not ‘is Jesus God?’ The question is what benefit is there to making Jesus God when the explicit words of Scripture say he is the son of God, that has a God who is the only true God?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega [the Beginning and the End],” says the Lord God, “Who is [existing forever] and Who was [continually existing in the past] and Who is to come, the Almighty [the Omnipotent, the Ruler of all].”
Amen!

Years ago, I showed the zealot at my door:

Rev 1:8 "I AM Alpha and Omega, The Beginning and The Ending, Saith
The LORD, Which Is, and Which Was, and Which Is to come, The Almighty."

I asked: Jehovah God, Correct? He agreed: "Yes"

Then:
Rev 1:11 "Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, The First and The Last..."

Still Jehovah God, Correct? "Yes"

Rev 1:17-18
"And when I saw Him, I fell at His Feet as dead. And He laid His Right Hand upon me, Saying unto me, Fear not; I AM The First and The Last: I AM He that liveth, and WAS DEAD; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
+
Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things
Saith The First and The Last, Which Was Dead, and Is Alive;

Final question: When Did Jehovah God, The First And The Last, DIE?

A: "Well there must be TWO firstS And lastS!" me: ok - have a good day.
-------------------------------
✔ ✔ God's Simple Will here:

Grace, Peace, And JOY In The LORD God Jesus Christ,
And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided!

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffweeder

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Wrangler

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The logos is the expression of God and is His communication of Himself just as a "word" is an outward expression of a person's thoughts. This outward expression of God has now occurred through His Son and thus it's perfectly understandable why Jesus is called the "Word." Jesus is an outward expression of God's reason, wisdom, purpose and plan. For the same reason we call revelation "a word from God" and the Bible "the Word of God."

If we understand that the logos is God's expression... His plan, purpose, reason and wisdom. Then it is clear they were with Him "in the beginning." Scripture says God's wisdom was "from the beginning" and it was common in Hebrew writing to personify a concept such as wisdom. No ancient Jew reading Proverbs would think that God's wisdom was a separate person, even though it's portrayed as one in verses like Proverbs 8:29 and 30: "...when He marked out the foundations of the earth... I [wisdom]was the craftsman at his side..."

Most Jewish readers of the gospel of John would have been familiar with the concept of God's "word" being with God as He worked to bring His creation into existence. There is an obvious working of God's power in Genesis 1 as He brings His plan into concretion by speaking things into being. The Targums are well known for describing the wisdom and action of God as His "word." This is especially important to note because the Targums are the Aramaic translations and paraphrases of the Old Testament, and Aramaic was the spoken language of many Jews at the time of Christ. Remembering that a Targum is usually a paraphrase of what the Hebrew text says, note how the following examples attribute action to the word:

And the word of the Lord was Joseph's helper (Genesis 39:2).
And Moses brought the people to meet the word of the Lord (Exodus 19:17).
And the word of the Lord accepted the face of Job (Job 42:9).
And the word of the Lord shall laugh them to scorn (Psalms 2:4).
They believed in the name of His word (Psalms 106:12).

The above examples demonstrate that the Jews were familiar with the idea of God's Word referring to His wisdom and action. This is especially important to note because these Jews were fiercely monotheistic, and did not in any way believe in a "Triune God." They were familiar with the idioms of their own language, and understood that the wisdom and power of God were being personified as "word."

The Greek-speaking Jews were also familiar with God's creative force being called "the word." J.H. Bernard writes, "When we turn from Palestine to Alexandria [Egypt], from Hebrew sapiential [wisdom] literature to that which was written in Greek, we find this creative wisdom identified with the Divine logos, Hebraism and Hellenism thus coming into contact." One example of this is in the Apocryphal book known as the Wisdom of Solomon, which says, "O God of my fathers and Lord of mercy who hast made all things by thy word (logos), and by thy wisdom hast formed man..." In this verse, the "word" and wisdom" are seen as the creative force of God, but without being a "person."

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll let Scripture spell that thought out for us ... Romans 10:9-10 CEV 9 So you will be saved, if you honestly say, “Jesus is Lord,” and if you believe with all your heart that God raised him from death. 10 God will accept you and save you, if you truly believe this and tell it to others.

See that? God - in his unitarian nature - raised Jesus from the dead. And, not Jesus, but God - in his unitarian nature will save us. See that? That's the other part of the Scripture you referenced. In the opinion of non-trinitarians, it is just as important as the first part.

I do not enter debates about the Trinity......the only way to truly understand the Trinity is to be one of the three parts of it...I am not one of those three....

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The logos, that is, the plan, purpose and wisdom of God, "became flesh" (came into concretion or physical existence) in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the "...image of the invisible God..." (Colossians 1:15) and His chief emissary, representative and agent. Because Jesus perfectly obeyed the Father, he represents everything that God could communicate about Himself in a human person. As such, Jesus could say, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father (John 14:9). The fact that the logos "became" flesh shows it did not exist that way before. There is no pre-existence for Jesus in this verse other than his figurative "existence" as the plan, purpose or wisdom of God for the salvation of man. The same is true with the "word" in writing. It had no literal pre-existence as a "spirit-book" somehow in eternity past, but came into being as God gave the revelation to people and they wrote it down.

The last phrase in the verse, which most versions translate as "and the Word was God" should not be translated that way. The Greek language uses the word "God" (Greek = theos) to refer to the Father as well as to other authorities. These include the Devil (2 Corinthians 4:4) lesser gods (1 Corinthians 8:5) and men with great authority (John 10:34 and 35; Acts 12:22). At the time the New Testament was written, Greek manuscripts were written in all capital letters. The upper and lower case letters were not blended as we do today. Thus, the distinction that we today make "God" and "god" could not be made, and the context became the judge in determining to whom "THEOS" referred.

Although context is the final arbiter, it's almost always the case in the New Testament that when "God" refers to the Father, the definite article appears in the Greek text (this article can be seen only in the Greek text, it's never translated into English). Translators are normally very sensitive to this (see John 10:33). The difference between theos with and without the article occurs in John 1:1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the "theos" and the Word was "theos." Since the definite article is missing from the second occurrence of "theos" (God) the usual meaning would be "god" or "divine." The New English Bible gets the sense of this phrase by translating it "What God was, the Word was." James Moffatt, who was a professor of Greek and New Testament Exegesis at Mansfield College in Oxford, England and author of the well-known Moffatt Bible, translated the phrase "the logos was divine."

A very clear explanation of how to translate theos without the definite article can be found in Jesus AS They Knew Him, by William Barclay, a professor at Trinity College in Glasgow:

In a case like this we cannot do anything other than go to the Greek, which is theos en ho logos. Ho is the definite article, the, and it can be seen that there is a definite article with logos, but not with theos. When in Greek two nouns are joined by the verb "to be" and when both have the definite article, then the one is fully intended to be identified with the other; but when one of them is without the article, it becomes more an adjective than a noun, and describes rather the class or sphere to which the other belongs.

An illustration from English will make this clear. If I say "The preacher is the man" I use the definite article before both preacher and man, and I thereby identify the preacher with some quite definite individual man whom I have in mind. But if I say "The preacher is man" I have omitted the definite article before man, and what I mean is that the preacher must be classified as a man, he is in the sphere of manhood, he is a human being.

[In the last clause of John 1:1] John has no article before theos, God. The logos therefore, is not identified as God or with God; the word theos has become an adjectival and describes the sphere to which the logos belongs. We would therefore have to say that this means that the logos belongs to the same sphere as God; without being identified with God, the logos has the same kind of life and being as God. Here the NEB [New English Bible] finds the perfect translation: "What God was, the Word was."

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I say "The preacher is the man" I use the definite article before both preacher and man, and I thereby identify the preacher with some quite definite individual man whom I have in mind. But if I say "The preacher is man" I have omitted the definite article before man, and what I mean is that the preacher must be classified as a man, he is in the sphere of manhood, he is a human being.
Agree: The LORD Jesus Christ Is The LORD God Almighty! is no problem with:

The LORD Jesus Christ Is LORD God Almighty!! Amen.

Now, IF only we could humbly trust Him As Such, we might be forgiven, eh?

Grace, Peace, And JOY!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although context is the final arbiter, it's almost always the case in the New Testament that when "God" refers to the Father, the definite article appears in the Greek text (this article can be seen only in the Greek text, it's never translated into English). Translators are normally very sensitive to this (see John 10:33). The difference between theos with and without the article occurs in John 1:1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the "theos" and the Word was "theos." Since the definite article is missing from the second occurrence of "theos" (God) the usual meaning would be "god" or "divine."
Succinct and undeniable analysis.

Agree: The LORD Jesus Christ Is The LORD God Almighty!
Then, there is the willfully ignorant who have no problem altering the word of God to falsely support their doctrine.

Surely Grace ambassador know Jesus is never referred to using capital-LORD and he full knows the implications. Rather than alter his doctrine to fit God’s word, he alters God’s word. Very sad.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all the definitions and ways logos can be translated, how can we decide which meaning of logos to choose for any one verse? How can it be determined what the logos in John 1:1 is? Any occurrence of logos has to be carefully studied in its context in order to get the proper meaning. We assert that the logos in John 1:1 cannot be Jesus. Please notice that "Jesus Christ" is not a lexical definition of logos. The verse does not say "In the beginning was Jesus." The "Word" is not synonymous with Jesus, or even the "Messiah." The word logos in John 1:1 refers to God's creative self-expression... His reason, purpose and plans, especially as they are brought into action. It refers to God's self-expression or communication of Himself. This has come to pass through His creation and especially the heavens. It has come through the spoken word of the prophets and through Scripture. Most notably it has come into being through His Son.

The renowned Trinitarian scholar, John Lightfoot, writes...

The word logos then, denoting both: "reason" and "speech," was a philosophical term adopted by Alexandrian Judaism before St. Paul wrote, to express the manifestation of the Unseen God in the creation and government of the World. It included all modes by which God makes Himself known to man. As His reason, it denoted His purpose or design; as His speech, it implied His revelation. Christian teachers, when they adopted this term, exalted and fixed its meaning by attaching to it two precise and definite ideas: (1) "The Word is a Divine Person," (2) "The Word became incarnate in Jesus Christ." It is obvious that these two propositions must have altered materially the significance of all the subordinate terms connected with the idea of the logos.

It is important to note that it was "Christian teachers" who attached the idea of a "divine person" to the word logos. It's certainly true that when the word logos came to be understood as being Jesus Christ, the understanding of John 1:1 was altered substantially. Lightfoot correctly understands that the early meaning of logos concerned reason and speech, not "Jesus Christ." Morton develops the concept of logos as "reason" and writes:

There is no word in English answering to the Greek word logos, as used here [in John 1:1]. It was employed to denote a mode of conception concerning the Deity, familiar at the time when St. John wrote and intimately blended with the philosophy of his age, but long since obsolete, and so foreign from our habits of thinking that it is not easy for us to conform our minds to its apprehension. The Greek word logos, in one of its primary senses, answered nearly to our word Reason. The logos of God was regarded, not in its strictest sense, as merely the Reason of God; but, under certain aspects, as the Wisdom, the Mind, the Intellect of God.

Norton postulates that perhaps "the power of God" would be a good translation for logos. Buzzard sets forth "plan," "purpose" or "promise" as three acceptable translations. Broughton and Southgate say "thoughts, plan or purpose of God, particularly in action." Many scholars identify logos with God's wisdom and reason.

In John chapter 1, people like you do not establish the meaning of the word "logos" (Greek for "word"), but truly God has the Apostle John establish the meaning of the word "logos".

Jesus is the Word as illuminated in John 1:1-5, John 1:14, and Luke 1:1-2 - The word "Word" defined in scripture.

It is written "Your Word, O YHWH, is everlasting" (Psalm 119:89), so the "Word" mentioned in John 1:1 is eternal, thus uncreated.

"Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the Word" (Luke 1:1-2).

Luke wrote "eyewitnesses" "of the Word" (Luke 1:2), and the "eyewitnesses" includes people like the Apostle Thomas who humbly acknowledged "My Lord and my God" to to TO Jesus (John 20:28).

Not just "earwitnesses" of the Word, but they were also "eyewitnesses" "of the Word" (Luke 1:2). Luke does specifically declare that they SAW the Word - they saw Jesus for Jesus is the Word of God!

They were "eyewitnesses" of Lord Jesus Christ the Word.

In Luke 1:1-2, the word "Word" is translated from the Greek word "Logos".

Luke further elaborates that the "eyewitnesses" "of the Word" (Luke 1:2) are also "servants of the Word" (Luke 1:2), so the "eyewitnesses" see and hear and serve the Word of God.

The "eyewitnesses" includes people like the Apostle John who illuminates the Word is Jesus with "the Word manifested flesh" (John 1:14).

In John 1:14, the word "Word" is translated from the Greek word "Logos".

Both the Apostle John and Luke illuminate that Jesus is the Word.

Thus John refers to Jesus in John 1:1-5 as the "Word" and "He" and "Him" and "Life" and "Light":

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the Life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

In John 1:1-5, the word "Word" is translated from the Greek word "Logos".

The following describes how "Word", "He", "Him", "Life", and "Light" all refer to Jesus.

The first word of John 1:2 is "He", and that "He" is the "Word" in John 1:1, and that "He" in John 1:2 is the "Him" in John 1:3 and John 1:4; moreover, the "Him" in John 1:3 is the "Life" in John 1:4, and the "Him" in John 1:3 is the "Light" in John 1:4 and John 1:5.

Truly, we have a Spiritually accurate linguistic linkage from "Light" in John 1:5 back to "Word" in John 1:1.

Jesus says "While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world" (John 9:5), so we have Jesus being the Light in John 1:4-5 and John 9:5.

God is Light (1 John 1:5), so, clearly, since Jesus is Light, then Jesus is YHWH God.

Jesus says "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6), so we have Jesus being the Life in in John 1:4 and John 14:6.

John witnesses that Jesus is the Word with "the Word manifested flesh" (John 1:14), so we have John further identifying Jesus as the Word (Logos).

John knew of the commandant "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3), and John would not violate the commandment.

Lord Jesus Christ is the Word of God (John 1:1-5, John 1:14), a.k.a. the Logos of Theos, and the Word of God is God for the Apostle proclaims "the Word was God" (John 1:1) which means the Word is the One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4) because John has no other gods before YHWH God - not even "a god" which is your antichrist label for Jesus.

Jesus, truly God, is the God of Jesus, truly Man; moreover, Jesus, truly God, is God with the Father.

Jesus reveals Himself as truly God and truly Man at His discretion because Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28, John 5:18, John 10:30-31) - the Son of God.

THERE IS NO DISPUTING THAT THE APOSTLE JOHN DECLARES THAT JESUS THE WORD IN JOHN CHAPTER ONE.

Since your heart contends that Jesus is not the Word, then YOU call the Apostle John a LIAR when John wrote "the Word manifested flesh" (John 1:14).

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Word of God proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58) and the Word of God says "I will settle him in My house and in My kingdom forever, and his throne shall be established forever" (1 Chronicles 17:14), so according to the Word, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past and will exist in eternity future which means the Word is uncreated thus the Word proclaims that the Word is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past and future (Isaiah 45:5).

Jesus is God with us per the Apostle (Matthew 1:23), so Jesus is truly Almighty God, YHWH, with us (Revelation 1:8)!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one can * not* say with their mouth that “ Jesus is Lord” they are “ none of His” so I will leave it to you to figure it out....

Hello Gospel Believer,

@Peterlag does not believe that Jesus is I AM.

All people, such as you Peterlag, that deny the Spiritually true bond between the Word of God "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58) and "I AM Who I AM" (Exodus 3:14) passages effectively deny Jesus Christ thus all such people are under the wrath of God for the Word of God says "unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24).

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God?​

Uh well, it produces perfect cohesion with what the Bible plainly teaches - and it also falls in line with the foundational prerequisite for actually being a Christian to begin with.

If you do not accept that, and cannot embrace that concept, then you are not a Christian - and you are of an entirely different religion altogether.

God Almighty made Jesus God when He came down to earth and humbled Himself, entering into a flesh and blood body.

What benefit did that produce?

Only the benefit of God's entire plan of Salvation coming to fruition.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Gospel Believer,

@Peterlag does not believe that Jesus is I AM.

All people, such as you Peterlag, that deny the Spiritually true bond between the Word of God "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58) and "I AM Who I AM" (Exodus 3:14) passages effectively deny Jesus Christ thus all such people are under the wrath of God for the Word of God says "unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24).
Of course you are absolutely right, Kermos.

Please cast your vote:
Should CB allow Anti-Christ threads?

God bless.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes (nations) of the earth will mourn over Him [realizing their sin and guilt, and anticipating the coming wrath]. So it is to be. Amen.

9 I, John, your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patient endurance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos, [exiled there] because of [my preaching of] the word of God [regarding eternal salvation] and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit [in special communication with the Holy Spirit and empowered to receive and record the revelation from Jesus Christ] on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, 11 saying, “Write on a scroll what you see [in this revelation], and send it to the seven churches—to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And after turning I saw seven golden lampstands; 13 and in the midst of the lampstands I saw someone like the Son of Man, dressed in a robe reaching to His feet, and with a golden sash wrapped around His chest. 14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, [glistening white] like snow; and His [all-seeing] eyes were [flashing] like a flame of fire [piercing into my being]. 15 His feet were like burnished [white-hot] bronze, refined in a furnace, and His voice was [powerful] like the sound of many waters. 16 In His right hand He held seven stars, and from His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword [of judgment]; and His face [reflecting His majesty and the [r]Shekinah glory] was like the sun shining in [all] its power [at midday].

17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. And He placed His right hand on me and said, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last [absolute Deity, the Son of God], 18 and the Ever-living One [living in and beyond all time and space]. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of [absolute control and victory over] death and of Hades (the realm of the dead).

Who do you say I am guys.? He is the one to come the almighty v8

15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, You are the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the Son of the living God. 17 Then Jesus answered him, “Blessed [happy, spiritually secure, favored by God] are you, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood (mortal man) did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades (death) will not overpower it [by preventing the resurrection of the Christ].

Rev 22

Dead-on, Jeff.

If you have a moment, please cast your vote:
Should CB allow Anti-Christ threads?

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.