What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

You said you always include yourself as well. As do I, as I said.

I owe you an apology. When I first arrived I was very aggressive and angry and unfair toward you and your pov.
I apologize and ask your forgiveness for my behavior.

I had set you to ignore for awhile to take that sabbatical.;)

I'm back now. And reading you, obviously.

May there be peace between us.:blush:

All is forgiven. Yes I remember.......lol

I want to obtain my goal of being bowed before God more than anything. I refuse to allow myself to be overcome by our own pettiness, mine included.

We must stand before him without a church, without family, without friends beside us. Just us alone. The accuser is at it every day, every minute to turn God against us, we must hold fast to our faith letting NOTHING come before God !

All the squabbles over the words used such as OSAS, leagalists, workers, Pharisees, deniers ECT. ECT are meaningless in the end of it all !

May we ALL meet at the throne of God, as we went to the cross of Jesus, humbly and in love !

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You never in your life exclaimed “oh my God” at something shocking happing around you?

Never?

:IDK:
Wow! Thomas said to Jesus "My Lord and my God"! He knew Jesus personally. Have you met Jesus in person?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Nice
love
.....so you have no response to any of the scriptures I presented to you....10 direct statements rather than obscure verses open to manipulation...but I am from the devil because I dared to bring them to your attention?

Why can't you allow the scriptures by direct statements to explain themselves?
dunno
There is a word that describes belief beyond direct evidence, and its not "faith".....it is denial in the face of what is presented as direct evidence.....that is pure “indoctrination”.

The belief (indoctrination) itself, despite the fact that it is not specifically or clearly stated, is stronger than the evidence for its error. No one can get through that barrier.
It’s a certain kind of blindness that I find sad tbh.

If the Jews had no trinity, and the Christians had no trinity until it was officially declared by the Catholic church in the 4th century, don’t you have to wonder where it came from? If it was formulated by the same church that brought you "Mary Mother of God", "immortality of the soul", "purgatory and hellfire", don't you wonder just a little bit?

The Catholic church itself admits that it is not scriptural.....so, do you trust a church that teaches so much error to dictate such an important doctrine. That of course is your choice and indeed the choice of all who decide that Jesus is not who he says he is....and his Father then becomes someone other than what his own word says he is....but indoctrination works like that....you know....
unsure
Those who know Jesus was divine aren't obligated to be Trinitarian too.

Those who deny Jesus shall be denied by him.
1 John 4
2 John 1:7

Hebrews 10

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are playing with words.

Scripture does not say this exactly.

But Jesus’ special connection with God is strongly stated in scripture. That’s as far as I will go…

I try to maintain transparency and never lie or fudge where I stand.
My faith in God is ALL I have !

We all are but individual vapours here one second, gone the next. If I leave a legacy may it be " She truly loved God in ALL things!"

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My Lord and my God"
"You know everything"
Jesus is God!

Yes, you are totally evasive avoiding the Scriptures.

As he said, this was already thoroughly addressed. How many laps do you need to get it?

To summarize, there are 2 basic problems with relying on Thomas statement.
  1. It is not a declarative statement but an exclamation. When I drop my toast, butter side down, I am not actually claiming the toast is feces. ;). (People make this exclamation statement today. They see a shocking scene, like someone getting hit by a car. They exclaim, "My God." They are not actually stating he driver or the victim are actually God.
  2. A character's statement is not the narrator's statement. When Obi-Wan Kenobi told Luke that his father was betrayed and murdered by Darth Vader, it was a statement he made. But as the story unfolds, we learn from the narration the actual truth of the matter is different. For instance, Nebuchanzeer was worshipped as a God as were Roman Emperors. Relying on people saying this is NOT the same as the narration story line of Scripture. IF you rely on who people say is God, you'll discover much more than a trinity of gods in Scripture.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As he said, this was already thoroughly addressed. How many laps do you need to get it?

To summarize, there are 2 basic problems with relying on Thomas statement.
  1. It is not a declarative statement but an exclamation. When I drop my toast, butter side down, I am not actually claiming the toast is feces. ;). (People make this exclamation statement today. They see a shocking scene, like someone getting hit by a car. They exclaim, "My God." They are not actually stating he driver or the victim are actually God.
  2. A character's statement is not the narrator's statement. When Obi-Wan Kenobi told Luke that his father was betrayed and murdered by Darth Vader, it was a statement he made. But as the story unfolds, we learn from the narration the actual truth of the matter is different. For instance, Nebuchanzeer was worshipped as a God as were Roman Emperors. Relying on people saying this is NOT the same as the narration story line of Scripture. IF you rely on who people say is God, you'll discover much more than a trinity of gods in Scripture.
JW TWIST!!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
All is forgiven. Yes I remember.......lol

I want to obtain my goal of being bowed before God more than anything. I refuse to allow myself to be overcome by our own pettiness, mine included.

We must stand before him without a church, without family, without friends beside us. Just us alone. The accuser is at it every day, every minute to turn God against us, we must hold fast to our faith letting NOTHING come before God !

All the squabbles over the words used such as OSAS, leagalists, workers, Pharisees, deniers ECT. ECT are meaningless in the end of it all !

May we ALL meet at the throne of God, as we went to the cross of Jesus, humbly and in love !
(Hugs)

I don't think the adversary can turn God against us. He knows God very well.

Rather, I think he works to turn us against one another. War of words waged ''defending'' The Word himself.
As if God can't take care of himself.

And he works I think to turn us away from God. Or lead us to feel insecure in him.

Satan knows his fate. I think he is invested in his game with us now, just as he played with Job.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.
Status
Not open for further replies.