What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Hugs)

I don't think the adversary can turn God against us. He knows God very well.

Rather, I think he works to turn us against one another. War of words waged ''defending'' The Word himself.
As if God can't take care of himself.

And he works I think to turn us away from God. Or lead us to feel insecure in him.

Satan knows his fate. I think he is invested in his game with us now, just as he played with Job.

I do agree, yet we fall into his trap many times bc we do not take it in prayer before we let the flesh rule.

I too apologize if I ever get wadded up in the weeds also, we are only human after all. May peace & love reign in our hearts.
((((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))))))

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those who know Jesus was divine aren't obligated to be Trinitarian too.

Those who deny Jesus shall be denied by him.
1 John 4
2 John 1:7

Hebrews 10
You know what's strange...you don't really listen.....we do not deny that Jesus was "divine"...he clearly was as "the son of God", a designation that he always applied to himself.......but never did he ever suggest that he was somehow his Father's equal or part of a godhead......we deny that he was deity on the same level as his superior Father......do you know the difference between deity and divinity when applied to Jesus?
Have you done word studies and understand that by calling Jesus "theos" it doesn't mean that he is Yahweh, or indeed any part of a threesome.

You put such store by what was formulated by an apostate church almost 400 years after Jesus was executed.....and it was foretold by Christ himself what's more....satan sowed the "weeds" of counterfeit Christianity in the world, and very few seem to see the difference between what was believed and practiced by the first Christians and how far they have strayed from what Christ and his apostles taught. These weeds were not sown recently....the apostles themselves were trying to keep them at bay in the closing years of the first century. When the apostles died, the weeds took over....and this disunited sham is what so many believe Christianity is.....

The primary definition of "theos" according to Strong's Concordance is..."a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities."
Jesus can be a divinity without being a deity. What did Jesus call himself? Never "God".

Reactions: Peterlag and Mr E

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now come the personal insults

It’s not an insult.

I never made that statement that you accused me of earlier (a false accusation on your part) so where did you hear it? I was just trying to make an educated guess with the head voices comment, that’s all.

when you have ZERO Scripture to back you!

:jest:

I showed quite a few scriptures.

YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not an insult.

I never made that statement that you accused me of earlier (a false accusation on your part) so where did you hear it? I was just trying to make an educated guess with the head voices comment, that’s all.
You do the JW TWIST quite well!
I showed quite a few scriptures.

YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!
Where are they?

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You know what's strange...you don't really listen.....we do not deny that Jesus was "divine"...he clearly was as "the son of God", a designation that he always applied to himself.......but never did he ever suggest that he was somehow his Father's equal or part of a godhead......we deny that he was deity on the same level as his superior Father......do you know the difference between deity and divinity when applied to Jesus?
Have you done word studies and understand that by calling Jesus "theos" it doesn't mean that he is Yahweh, or indeed any part of a threesome.

You put such store by what was formulated by an apostate church almost 400 years after Jesus was executed.....and it was foretold by Christ himself what's more....satan sowed the "weeds" of counterfeit Christianity in the world, and very few seem to see the difference between what was believed and practiced by the first Christians and how far they have strayed from what Christ and his apostles taught. These weeds were not sown recently....the apostles themselves were trying to keep them at bay in the closing years of the first century. When the apostles died, the weeds took over....and this disunited sham is what so many believe Christianity is.....

The primary definition of "theos" according to Strong's Concordance is..."a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities."
Jesus can be a divinity without being a deity. What did Jesus call himself? Never "God".
Oh, I do read. Scripture.
Which is why I cannot read it your way.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How wicked are JW's leading their own families to "everlasting fire"!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still didn't quote Scripture. It's not that difficult!

“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God” (1 John 5:1)

“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.” (Mark 13:32)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, I do read. Scripture.
Which is why I cannot read it your way.
Its not about "reading scripture"....anyone can do that....its about understanding scripture as it relates to the entirety of God's word.
It does not contradict itself. The scriptures I shared with you are undeniable and plainly written.....and yet because it fights with your indoctrination, you choose to deny it and ignore it.....I can only ask....why?
what

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God” (1 John 5:1)
Amen!
“But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.” (Mark 13:32)
And if you had time to read the rest of the NT you would have read:
"The wages of sin is DEATH".
Are you calling Jesus a sinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.