What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus and the NT writers weren’t trinitarians. Reading scripture as if it is transmitting 4th century concepts results in a story that would be unrecognizable to 1st century Christians.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and the NT writers weren’t trinitarians. Reading scripture as if it is transmitting 4th century concepts results in a story that would be unrecognizable to 1st century Christians.
Jhn 1:18

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jhn 1:18

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[fn] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

What would that mean to a 1st century Jew who believed that another 1st century Jew was the Messiah promised by their God?

Connection with 4th century trinitarian theology? None.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would that mean to a 1st century Jew who believed that another 1st century Jew was the Messiah promised by their God?

Connection with 4th century trinitarian theology? None.
I'm just defending his deity right now, that's what the thread is about.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many Nicene Creed affirming Christians were running around Jerusalem (or anywhere in the world) in the 1st century?
I wasn't talking about a creed just the divinity of Christ. Paul and John wrote about it.(The Apostles, not The Beatles).

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about a creed just the divinity of Christ. Paul and John wrote about it.(The Apostles, not The Beatles).

lol!

The only deity Paul and John wrote about is the Messiah’s God. Everything else is idols.

The Messiah is divine / godlike.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How many Nicene Creed affirming Christians were running around Jerusalem (or anywhere in the world) in the 1st century?

Nicene Creed - 325 A.D.

Conclusion of 1st century - 100 A.D.

Number of Nicene Creed affirming Christians running around the Middle East in the interim? 0

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Nicene Creed is an important step in the post-biblical formulation of the doctrine of the Trinity.

Church history documents that even many Nicene Creed affirming Christians in the 4th century were unsure about the Holy Spirit.

Binitarians have no problem affirming the Nicene Creed.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Nicene Creed is an important step in the post-biblical formulation of the doctrine of the Trinity.

Church history documents that even many Nicene Creed affirming Christians in the 4th century were unsure about the Holy Spirit.

I didn't know much about what the Nicene Creed said until recently

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I didn't know much about what the Nicene Creed said until recently

Baptists, as you know, aren’t creedal. I never even heard of the Nicene Creed until attending a Bible study lead by my Baptist pastor. He never mentioned it from the pulpit and, of course, we didn’t recite it in Church.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptists, as you know, aren’t creedal. I never even heard of the Nicene Creed until attending a Bible study lead by my Baptist pastor.
They usually have a statement of faith. But if people accept Jesus as Lord and Savior that's usually enough. Statements of Faith were rarely mentioned before the internet.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
They usually have a statement of faith. But if people accept Jesus as Lord and Savior that's usually enough. Statements of Faith were rarely mentioned before the internet.

I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. My pastor consigned me to the fire of Gehenna after I rejected trinitarianism. The Church said Amen and we parted ways amicably.

I was allowed to officiate at my grandmother’s funeral at her request - graveside only. The Baptist pastor and his assistant were there, also at my grandmother’s request, but only one member of the Church attended.

One of my relatives later told me, “No one wants to hear the devil preach.”

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. My pastor consigned me to the fire of Gehenna after I rejected trinitarianism. The Church said Amen and we parted ways amicably.

I was allowed to officiate at my grandmother’s funeral at her request - graveside only. The Baptist pastor and his assistant were there, also at my grandmother’s request, but only one member of the Church attended.

One of my relatives later told me, “No one wants to hear the devil preach.”
The Church where I was Youth Pastor was non denominational. The Pastor mainly got his sermons from preachers like John Hagee, TD Jakes and Rod Parsley and put his own spin on them. I knew a lot more about the Bible than he did. But he was charismatic and successful. We had people who had come from many different denominations and no one was rejected like that if they believed in Jesus as their Savior. I got too busy with my job on the Drug Task Force and had to give up the ministry job.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jhn 14:16

“And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—
Jhn 14:17

“the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador
Status
Not open for further replies.