What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either that or the devil has succeeded in making God into someone he never was....Even the Catholic church who formulated the doctrine admits that it is NOT scriptural.
The New Catholic Encyclopedia states: “The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title the Trinitarian dogma. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.” (1967), Vol. XIV, p. 299. Do you believe them?

Again with the "its-a-mystery" routine.....that is getting seriously "old".
God tells us who he is and who his son is....and Jesus tells us who he is, and who his Father is... but the holy spirit is strangely silent....and he is MIA in most mentions of Father and son together, such as in John 17:3 where Jesus identifies his Father as "the only true God" without including himself......so we apparently do not need the "know" the holy spirit in order to gain eternal life......what does that mean? Where is the co-equality? Or co-eternity?

Why? If I have a son, is that son me? Or was he produced by me, making us both humans? The Bible says that "God is a spirit" and so was his son who was "with" his Father in heaven "in the beginning"....a realm inhabited by many other spirit beings. When did the spirit realm come into existence? How long have angels existed? Who created them?

No sorry, that is incorrect. Who did Jesus preach to? His fellow Jews...and they did not believe in a trinity in any manner shape or form...Their God was ONE, not three. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

If trinitarians have "God the Father"..."God the Son" and "God the Holy Spirit"...that is three gods....that is the trinity formulated by the RCC.....just because people change the concept to be three persons in one godhead, doesn't mean that it is supported by the Bible or any statement from Jesus that he is God....since he never once said he was.

Oh but there is! The third option is what is stated in John 1:1 in the original Greek......the "Word was with the God and the Word was divine".

You don't even realize what was "made up" of "excerpts from the Bible" hundreds of years after Jesus died, by an apostate church just as Jesus foretold......the NT does not contain one single direct statement from either God or his son that they are equal 'gods' in a 'godhead' with the holy spirit.....to assert that as truth, makes Jesus a liar.....because Jesus never said it.
Colossians 2:8-9

Reactions: dhh712

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good advice, for someone who adheres to the idea that the Bible is partly a work of fallible man. Of course, it's only those parts that don't agree with the false teachings.
These conversations are being run in the ground here. The Trinity and the deity of Christ seem to be the top subjects here.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Trinity and the deity of Christ seem to be the top subjects here.

Do you object to that?

They’ve been the top subjects on all of the online religious discussion forums I’ve ever been on. I think those forums probably wouldn’t fare well without them.

One forum owner I spoke with privately told me he didn’t have much interest in them himself but they were “the bread and butter” that kept his forum active.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
If I’m a trinitarian, I want “the subjects of the Trinity and the deity of Christ” to be discussed as much as possible. The last thing I would want is for them to be seldom discussed or not discussed at all.

But maybe that’s just me.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Does anyone besides me remember the days when trinitarians went door knocking to take the message of trinitarianism to the non-trinitarian populace?

Now the non-trinitarian populace comes knocking on the internet door of the trinitarian.

“Go away,” is now heard from the trinitarian, when previously that is what non-trinitarians said to the trinitarian who came knocking on their door.

I love irony.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you object to that?

They’ve been the top subjects on all of the online religious discussion forums I’ve ever been on. I think those forums probably wouldn’t fare well without them.

One forum owner I spoke with privately told me he didn’t have much interest in them himself but they were “the bread and butter” that kept his forum active.
The other "Christian " forum I was on I was defending just being a Christian. They seem to worship science and evolution there

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you can't see it I can't help you there. Since transgressions are against God, only God can forgive them. Maybe one day you'll understand. But, I'm not able to help you any further along that route. Best wishes.

You say "only God can forgive them (sins)." But there's not even one verse that says that. Do you not see what I'm looking for? Not what you think, but what does the Bible say.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The other "Christian " forum I was on I was defending just being a Christian.

What a splendid opportunity you had there.

Did they silence your voice? (Internet martyrdom.)

In college we had courses on evangelism. How do we get our Christian voice into “the marketplace” of ideas?

They seem to worship science and evolution there

The world of the non-Christian.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think it means?

The context is clear even starting back in chapter 3 that there are false Prophets who do not confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. Those are the wrong spirits. The right spirit will confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“There is rest for the weary,
There is rest for the weary,
There is rest for the weary,
There is rest for you.
On the other side of Jordan,
In the sweet fields of Eden,
Where the tree of life is blooming,
There is rest for you.”

Rest for the Weary (Chorus)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
These conversations are being run in the ground here.

There is other ground here.

Spending time on that other ground, at least for a while, might refresh you.

Keep in mind also that discussion forums are toxic environments. We all need to take breaks from them from time to time.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave 2 verses that say why Jesus had to be a man. Can you give 2 verses that say why Jesus had to be God?

The following paragraphs with links illustrate your folly based on your writings.

It is necessary to believe that Jesus is God in order to enter Heaven because Lord Jesus says "unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24) - and there's more about "I AM" and much Apostolic testimony that Jesus is God in this linked post. Jesus is YHWH God according to consistent Apostolic testimony, yet you deny Jesus because you deny consistent Apostolic testimony about Jesus being God.

You're question deceitfully starts with a non-sequitor because NO scripture states Jesus was "made". God says Jesus is God, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom" (Hebrews 1:8). THE WORD OF GOD DECLARES THAT JESUS IS TRULY MAN AND THAT JESUS IS TRULY GOD! You are a deceiver who thinks Jesus is not God, so you are a disbeliever preaching everlasting punishment unto yourself and your followers (Matthew 25:46).

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RLT63: How can there be Subordination Of The Trinity?
1) Easy, It's Called "The Son Humbled Himself To The Father, To
Be Sent" To Become A "Son Of man, for our Ransom," Correct?

2) The Holy Spirit Was DOUBLY Humble "To Be Sent By BOTH
The Father AND The Son!" Amen?

@Peterlag: 2 verses for "Jesus Is God"? Yes, and Many More! Amen?

GRACE, Peace, And JOY...

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
These conversations are being run in the ground here. The Trinity and the deity of Christ seem to be the top subjects here.

Are you tired of the subjects or are you tired of the people discussing them?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think they can be discussed infinitely without either side giving an inch.

I’ve been doing this for most of my life. I think so too.

Do you think they can be discussed - infinitely or finitely - with either side giving an inch?

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Peterlag Two verses...

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 20
26 Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Two verses...

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 20
26 Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Does this tell you that Jesus is God? Does this tell you that Jesus is the Father? Does this tell you that Jesus is your God? Does this tell you that Jesus is the Trinity? What does this tell you?

What does it tell a Jew?

Status
Not open for further replies.