What constitutes the Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imagine how we feel lol--the ones who do not follow earthly kings. no offense, i mean, do what you like. i'm not condemning you; you are condemning me
I'm not "condemning" anybody.
That's God's job - not mine.

Try being honest, for a change . . .
nice. I don't find any condemnation of Cephas here, until one tries to stand on him; and we can perceive that many hide in him. Beautifully hidden, right in plain sight. Of course we should not expect anyone who accepts an earthly mediator to agree; but then that is not Christian anyway right.
Nobody is "standing on" or "hiding in" Peter.
Just recognizing the authority that Jesus gave him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BezJm8gCIAEpVRS.jpg:large
And thousands more will die from self-imposed blindness . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you insist your church that rapes children is teh Lords. i doubt He would ever agree with you.
The "Church" doesn't rape anybody. Bad men do.
Believe me - there are plenty of sinners in EVERY congregation . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/06/24/sexual-abuse-minors-in-protestant-churches.html
"The fact that this number (in the Catholic Church) includes all credible accusations, not just those that have involved insurance companies, and still is less than the number of cases in Protestant churches reported by just three insurance companies, should be making front page of The New York Times and the network evening news. It’s not."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/the-protestant-clergy-sex_b_740853.html
"The Catholic Church has taken a well deserved beating in the courts and in the court of public opinion as former altar boys, orphans and ordinary parishioners come forward with appalling stories of sex abuse. Yet equally egregious violations by Protestant clergy fail to generate the same level of outrage. Why?"

http://shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/
"There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic.
When are evangelicals going to wake up and say we have a massive problem in our own churches?"

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
  1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
    synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity;

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Nobody is "standing on" or "hiding in" Peter.
ok
Just recognizing the authority that Jesus gave him.
hey, it isn't the Christian understanding, but neither do i seek to disabuse you of it either, ok
the RCC provides an essential function imo, and i don't see any Pent churches open on Monday, when ppl might need them the most!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The "Church" doesn't rape anybody. Bad men do.
Believe me - there are plenty of sinners in EVERY congregation . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/06/24/sexual-abuse-minors-in-protestant-churches.html
"The fact that this number (in the Catholic Church) includes all credible accusations, not just those that have involved insurance companies, and still is less than the number of cases in Protestant churches reported by just three insurance companies, should be making front page of The New York Times and the network evening news. It’s not."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-tarico/the-protestant-clergy-sex_b_740853.html
"The Catholic Church has taken a well deserved beating in the courts and in the court of public opinion as former altar boys, orphans and ordinary parishioners come forward with appalling stories of sex abuse. Yet equally egregious violations by Protestant clergy fail to generate the same level of outrage. Why?"

http://shoebat.com/2014/05/06/sexual-abuse-protestant-churches-catholic/
"There Is More Sexual Abuse In The Protestant Churches Than Catholic.
When are evangelicals going to wake up and say we have a massive problem in our own churches?"

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
  1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
    synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity;
Love it when you get angry defending the lie,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tbh imo you don't have to go there, as we know that Prot "churches" are no less so, right. The contrast of ecclesia and pneumaticos oikos is in the DRB too, i am sure, whether BoL wants to read it or not
1 Peter 2:5 Lexicon: you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
YEs that we all know, what has God got to do with a harlot, none of mens religions , churches are from God.

Act_7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act_17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

we are His temple we are His Ecclesia His called out ones.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

Before I began this thread my attention was drawn to Proverbs 6:19b, where among the six things that God hates were the words, '... he that soweth discord among brethren'.

* Forgive me for not taking heed.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

PS: Is it possible to lock this thread, please?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello there,

Before I began this thread my attention was drawn to Proverbs 6:19b, where among the six things that God hates were the words, '... he that soweth discord among brethren'.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

We don't often get too many Mod's or Admins floating by. Maybe Inbox Ifforest...he is on here more than most...but don't hold your breath :)

The boys sound like they are angry...but in fact they seem to thrive on arguments...they are enjoying themselves. Honest.
( just turn away to a different thread. x )

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We don't often get too many Mod's or Admins floating by. Maybe Inbox Ifforest...he is on here more than most...but don't hold your breath :)

The boys sound like they are angry...but in fact they seem to thrive on arguments...they are enjoying themselves. Honest.
( just turn away to a different thread. x )
Enjoying ones self, you gotta be kidding, would rather have people turn to Jesus, but He knew it wouldnt happen.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Why lock it? If you don't want discord among who you believe is your "brethren", then agree to disagree, or better yet, just agree with them and be done with it.......and don't say anything negative about the catholic church........As for me though, I don't consider people I never met my "brethren". I don't know you, so you cannot possibly call me your "brethren".

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Locked by request of the author of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.