What do you do when God doesn't answer prayer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I were better with studying on my own, I believe there are tons of His mysteries woven within His Word. ♥

I also believe that to be true.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well then my friend, we are then without hope!!! No man can be "good enough" to become righteous...:eek:
Not even Abraham known as " the friend of God" was not righteous ...righteousness was imputed to him "by faith"...

Rom 1.17
For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

Romans 3 .13
"For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith."

Just saying... :)

As is your right but it is important to me and those who exegete scripture that the whole verse is taken into consideration, not just part of it, the bit that will confirm my bias.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are "righteous", I would say is precisely effected at the moment the Lord Quickens a mans "spirit".

Pertaining to the individual; (in brief)
becoming "Righteous" has a Preparation,
the mans Confession;
the Lords Response.

What men SEE/Observe concerning the behavior of the individual may not be according to "our standards" / "our understanding"...

However, the Relationship between the Individual having heartfully called on the Lord and having received the quickening of his spirit...Seals the Righteous Relationship between the Individual "and the Lord."
Done deal.

You may be moreso speaking of "Preceipts".
(Behaviors between men, that do not always appear to measure up), rather than "righteousness" (that is between an Individual and the Lord), that is an act, the Lord Seals, once and forever.

Glory to God,
Taken

Preceipts??

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But it doesn't mean I'm unrighteous. I think I'm as righteous as I try to be, and I try hard.

That is the problem. Too many Christians are try-hards which means they are trying to do what Christ has already done for us. Since I stopped striving to be..whatever, my life has taken a whole new dimension that allows me to enter into rest.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.'

(1 Corinthians 15:19-21)
The eternal dimension is so vitally important, yes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preceipts??

Sorry. Misspelled. Should be precepts.

Neh 9
[14] And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

2 Tim 2
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Glory to God,
Taken

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry. Misspelled. Should be precepts.

Neh 9
[14] And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

2 Tim 2
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Glory to God,
Taken

Sorry but the verses you quote do not have any meaning for me in the context of the scripture. You will need to elaborate.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but the verses you quote do not have any meaning for me in the context of the scripture. You will need to elaborate.

Scripture reveals:
Laws, Statutes, Precepts.

Scripture reveals:
WHO establishes the Laws, Statutes, Precepts.

Scripture reveals:
WHO is subject to the Laws, Statutes, Precepts.

The Precepts (ie Acceptable BEHAVIOR of men BETWEEN men ) is Established BY God....and also by earthly kings, governments, religions, schools, families, society, etc.

Individual men can OBEY the acceptable BEHAVIOR (precepts), according to God, or not...(and the same according to laws, rules of governments, religions, schools, families, society, or not).

Many Statutes/Laws IN Scripture "apply" to "some" people, and not others.
Regardless of "IF" a Statute/Law "applies" to and "Individual"....the "BeHAVIOr" (precepts) BETWEEN men, DOES APPLY.

OLD Covenant (agreement) between God and Man had specific Statutes/Laws that APPLIED to THEM, as well as PRECEPTS of HOW to TREAT, their (Like Godly Believing Brethren),
AND "other" men (NOT of their Like Godly Beliefs).

NEW Covenant (agreement) between thee Lord God and man has specific Statutes/Laws that APPLY to THEM, as well as PRECEPTS of HOW to TREAT, their (Like Lord Godly Believing Brethren) AND "other" men (NOT of their Lord Godly Belief).

Jesus summed it up by teaching for men to Love the Lord God first and Above ALL...and Secondly to Love All other men, EVEN their ENEMIES. <---- THAT encompasses, the TREATMENT, PRECEPTS, of Behavior of a man IN Christ, Toward "ALL" other men; Friend or Foe.......REGARDLESS, or what LAWS APPLY to the Individual, or what an other BELIEVES.

Glory to God,
Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understanding what is in man, helps us to have compassion on the wicked, despite what they do to us. They truly know not what they do. We all walked in darkness at one time. There is much suffering involved when one walks in darkness. What it looks like on the outside(for the wicked) is not as it truly is when they are alone. Take for a moment and imagine being completely about self(as there father is), everything, and everyone fails them. They heap up treasures of this world and yet have gained nothing. Nothing but misory and want. Let us focus on a closer walk with Him, and in time we will see them, and what they do through His eyes.Let us be The Light, in the darkness, that overcomes the evil with good.This, I face thiseveryday, and it can be hard, but He strengthens me and comforts me through it all.

It's hard to maintain that belief when someone has done something very evil to you that causes lifelong suffering. I do believe that Satan tempts some people and motivates them to rise up against you. I saw it when a sister I had been close to for years was named Executrix and tried to tamper with the will so that money was taken from my share. I was really blindsided. I had gone through severe medical trials and a friend was shocked that my own sister could be that hateful. I came to believe that Satan directed her to do that since it was so out of character. It still destroyed the relationship. But I've also seen where some people are just prideful, sinful and ignorant and don't care who they hurt; they don't need the evil one to tempt them.

I couldn't sleep last night and sometimes I see that as from God (as in Esther). The things I had been praying about for a long time were on my heart and I felt God face to face as I prayed for a number of hours. I then had a spiritual attack - something that happens when I grow close to God and the evil one attempts to stop it. But I pushed through it and had a sense that something was going to happen; that God let me know He's heard me. I don't know if sharing my struggle had any power or whether it's a coincidence or just that the time is nearing for the prayers to be answered but something is happening. I'd appreciate anyone's prayers as I work through this. I do think I'm on the cusp of an answer. I sensed God so close and I had a deep sense that He let me know that He's heard my prayers and He's going to move.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thief on the cross also brings me comfort Taken. I was blessed to be by my mothers bedside holding her hand as she took her last breath. The Lord also blessed me as my father, on his death bed was just gone, mentally. Would not speak to or look at anyone once the cancer reached his brain but...one day after work, I had gone to the VA hospital to see him. He was the same...no acknowledgement. Now, I never told my father that I loved him as I actually hated him as a child...reasons I will not get into here. That day in the hospital, right before I left, I said "dad, I love you" and his eyes actually slowly turned to mine. I was not saved at that time but I have no doubt God was working that day. I never said that to him before and it just came out of nowhere! I am now very blessed to have been able to say those words to him and him actually responding. He died only days later. I know both of my parents were saved, my dad was anointed by the pastor at our Church after he gave his heart to The Lord. I am blessed.
Amen.
Just got News my mother-in-Law passed away this afternoon. Praise the Lord, He is Faithful and True and she is with Him now.

God Bless,
Taken

As Christians we can be thankful when a loved one passes because we know their destination.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, interpreting the Scriptures properly is very important.

I would say, individuals are to determine what applies to them, according to What they Believe and What Scripture reveals about that Belief...
and thereafter the interpreting of Scripture is By God Himself Of His Word, given the man, Via the Holy Spirit.

Important? Yes.
Properly? Yes

Glory to God,
Taken

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hard to maintain that belief when someone has done something very evil to you that causes lifelong suffering. I do believe that Satan tempts some people and motivates them to rise up against you. I saw it when a sister I had been close to for years was named Executrix and tried to tamper with the will so that money was taken from my share. I was really blindsided. I had gone through severe medical trials and a friend was shocked that my own sister could be that hateful. I came to believe that Satan directed her to do that since it was so out of character. It still destroyed the relationship. But I've also seen where some people are just prideful, sinful and ignorant and don't care who they hurt; they don't need the evil one to tempt them.

I couldn't sleep last night and sometimes I see that as from God (as in Esther). The things I had been praying about for a long time were on my heart and I felt God face to face as I prayed for a number of hours. I then had a spiritual attack - something that happens when I grow close to God and the evil one attempts to stop it. But I pushed through it and had a sense that something was going to happen; that God let me know He's heard me. I don't know if sharing my struggle had any power or whether it's a coincidence or just that the time is nearing for the prayers to be answered but something is happening. I'd appreciate anyone's prayers as I work through this. I do think I'm on the cusp of an answer. I sensed God so close and I had a deep sense that He let me know that He's heard my prayers and He's going to move.

Blessings in Christ Jesus! You need to draw a line in the sand (so to speak) that the enemy is not allowed to cross. Where you live is not just yours but is also The Lords. Stand up, using The Power and Authority, given to us as sons and daughter and speak out loud, claiming where you live is off limits to the enemy. In other words, kick him out. Why should we allow the enemy to run a muck when we have The Power in Him to change that. That little shadow that we catch in the corner of our eye sometimes, is responsible for many of our ailments. "Kick them out" and peace will reign in your heart and in your home. Healing will also begin. Sometimes The Lord allows these things to perfect us, and draw us nearer unto Himself. But there will come a time that we are to stand up and then to walk. And to give you hope, I tell you this; I am a man that has suffered more than a man can suffer at the hands of the enemy, but know this, The Lord has healed me of all of it, He is that good. He replaced all that suffering with unspeakable joy and a peace that only He can give. I hope that this encourages you. Have a Blessed day!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes it would, so why don't you start one! I am like @"ByGrace" when it comes to starting threads...mine pretty much deflate before long, lol.

Your track record is better than mine though ...mine remind me of when Dave was trying to fly a kite and teach the kids how to......he ran across the field like a mad man..and the kite just bounced along the grass behind him!! :D
Now, 50 years later, they still tease him about it!!

Well , that is a good picture of my "thread starting" success !! :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your track record is better than mine though ...mine remind me of when Dave was trying to fly a kite and teach the kids how to......he ran across the field like a mad man..and the kite just bounced along the grass behind him!! :D
Now, 50 years later, they still tease him about it!!

Well , that is a good picture of my "thread starting" success !! :D

Hahaha! Dave probably thought that kite was high up in the air!!! :D

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! You need to draw a line in the sand (so to speak) that the enemy is not allowed to cross. Where you live is not just yours but is also The Lords. Stand up, using The Power and Authority, given to us as sons and daughter and speak out loud, claiming where you live is off limits to the enemy. In other words, kick him out. Why should we allow the enemy to run a muck when we have The Power in Him to change that. That little shadow that we catch in the corner of our eye sometimes, is responsible for many of our ailments. "Kick them out" and peace will reign in your heart and in your home. Healing will also begin. Sometimes The Lord allows these things to perfect us, and draw us nearer unto Himself. But there will come a time that we are to stand up and then to walk. And to give you hope, I tell you this; I am a man that has suffered more than a man can suffer at the hands of the enemy, but know this, The Lord has healed me of all of it, He is that good. He replaced all that suffering with unspeakable joy and a peace that only He can give. I hope that this encourages you. Have a Blessed day!

What encouraging thoughts! I smiled as I read your words. I identify with you because I too have suffered quite a lot in my life. I don't understand it and have questioned God many times.

'I read in the book 'War on the Saints' that Satan moves in the spiritual arena where we meet God and when we grow spiritually the evil one is right there to try to stop it. Today I received one answer. An evil woman had stolen a lot of money from a loved one who worked very hard for it. It really hurt me because my family member is a very good-hearted person. We couldn't get anyone to act on it but I wrote another office and said that we pay a lot of taxes and that something should be done. Today I heard back from the person handling it that the thief was going to be charged. So that was such a relief. I think it's what will pressure the thief to return the money she stole. It was encouragement that my family member needed because they had been discouraged at working long hours and not having their business succeed as they had hoped. So this was an encouragement that they needed.

So that showed me that God heard my prayers. I felt something happening as I couldn't sleep and stayed awake praying. I'm awaiting answers to other prayers but this was encouragement that I needed.

Reactions: GTW27 and Nancy