What Do You Picture Heaven to Be Like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man became a NEPHESH - even breathing animals are/have a NEPHESH.

The LOGOS became flesh/human - did not UNBECOME HUMAN at death.

But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake. (Philippians 1:21–24)

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 6:9

And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Rev 6:10

And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Martyred souls are pictured CRYING WITH A LOUD VOICE - are they TALKING IN THEIR SLEEP?

No. Another piece of the preponderance of the evidence showing that Soul Sleep is a CROCK

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 21:25

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD CALLING and JESUS CALLING contain alleged words of Jesus in first person. But though the thoughts may be beautiful - CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't prove that Jesus DID NOT SAY that Tampa Bay would win the SuperBowl this year - but I would find it unlikely.

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say your quote was unlikely to be the words of Jesus - I said it would be unlikely that Jesus predicted Tampa Bay to win the SuperBowl this year.

The only thing I remember saying about your quote was asking if it was from GOD CALLING - which I subsequently found it to be.

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no opinion, soul, whether the words in your signature are unlikely to be the words of Jesus, or are likely to be the words of Jesus. I don't know and I don't care.

I know they are from GOD CALLING - which contains many alleged words of Jesus that are not in the Bible, as does the much later book JESUS CALLING.

I simply asked the source of the sentence in your signature - now I know it is indeed from GOD CALLING.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
soul said:

"On the cross, Jesus said the following to another being crucified: "Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise." (Lk. 23:43)"

Very true - the repentant thief on the Cross was that day with Christ in paradise - not unconscious and not knowing anything.
Christ Himself was in the grave for another day and a bit. He said to Mary that morning of the Resurrection, I have not yet ascended to My Father.

And you have a little work to do on your other answers as well. You could do with a little more research and not be so confident of your 'rightness'. Just saying

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(Q) What Do You Picture Heaven to Be Like?

Hello there,@April_Rose,

If you look at passages of Scripture in the book of Revelation, heaven can be a noisy place. In Revelation 8:1 the silence which lasted for 30 mins was remarked upon. The events recorded in that book are to take place at a specific time, a future time, in 'The Day of the Lord', and 'The Day of God' that follows.

A new heaven and a new earth will ultimately be formed and inhabited, and the Heavenly Jerusalem descend to the new earth, which itself will be beautiful. But multitudes of people will inhabit these spheres out of all the nations of the earth, as well as the angels of God.

Then there is an area far above all heavens, where God the Father dwells, and where Christ now sits at God's right hand, as our Mediator and Intercessor.

There will be righteousness, and love in the spirit, and worship and praise and joy. There will be beauty which transcends that of this present earth, which in itself is so very beautiful and diverse. There will be the tree of life, and healing for the nations, and a peace which passes our understanding.

We will know even as we ourselves are known, and we will see Christ and be in His presence, and receive of the lovingkindness of God through Him. Yet it cannot be entered until fully prepared and made ready, and until all enemies are placed under our Lord's feet, and God be all in all.

We who believe will awake in resurrection glory, as though we had just fallen asleep the night before, even though years may have passed, and we will be in the presence of God: whether we inhabit the new earth, the new heaven, or the heaven above all heavens. God knows.

We will all stand before God, even believers, although without fear of condemnation, for we are clothed with the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. However what has been built upon the foundation of Christ will be assessed, faithfulness and endurance will be rewarded, and there will be those who will reign with Christ and others who will be denied that privilege: but all who have placed their trust in God, in Christ Jesus will live, as promised.

No sin, no sickness, nothing to mar the new creation, it will be amazingly wonderful. To live in the presence of love, which is unmerited and unconditional, in an atmosphere of peace, of grace, without fear or accusation, just acceptation and mutual love and respect. How wonderful that will be.

I realise that my thoughts are a little jumbled, but I hope you will forgive that.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

(Just thoughts) :)

Last edited: