What prophecy do you hold, that you would be prepared to die for? (many?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I just wanted to get a feel for your faith, out there: there should be some kind of prophecy, that you would hold greater than all the others - it gives an example of what kind of strength God has given you, right? Like is the whole hot/cold thing when it comes to Churches, going to be something that you continue to think about; what about works? does surviving the fire play a big part in your life; maybe its the whole male/female thing, being one in the end (as is the Bridegroom coming for His Bride prophecy? Can you see where I am going with this?

The mystery of the faith, is a big thing for me, it keeps me sane, but I'm not so sure I am going to dwell on being sane, when I get to Heaven. I would die for it, yes, as I would die for many of the prophecies, but on the other hand, I would want to be rewarded with something more than the bare necessity of faith and prophecy. I mean if you came to me in Heaven and you said "Wow, I had faith too", I'd be appealing to God pretty quick, to show you something other than just more faith, at my expense - I've worked for my faith, I have asked dozens of times for wisdom, I don't just cast my pearls before swine or give what is holy to the dogs. You might think your faith is worth something, and that's great, but do me a favour and give me a sense of where your faith is based, not just in what ways you have exhausted it?

This is important, right? That Jesus have a sense of what you like about Him, why you trust Him, what other contexts you would like to see Him in? I mean this is real stuff, the stuff of relationships. As Jesus said "blessed are you to see the things you see and to hear the things you hear, for many prophets and kings desired to see what you see and did not see it and to hear what you hear and did not hear it" (from memory, Matthew 13:17), these are the Days of the Holy Spirit - the One who came alongside on the Way to the Cross. If we are not trusting the Word now what good is all our reading the Bible? That we put nothing on the line? That we just read page to page, without something impacting us, again and again and again? Surely we have to commit to the idea that there will be truths that last with us, more and more as the Day approaches (I am asking you, as I asked myself, "where is your faith?")

I think if I have a failing, it is that I may indeed be condemned, by something I say, but I still expect the Lord to be propounded more and more. Like if I overlook repentance, and still proclaim the Lord, the Word of the Lord won't suffer - well, it might not suffer as much, but it will still suffer: you can't be a slave to sin, and not increase suffering. I guess I have to remind myself to be humble, is what I am saying. I want what I say, to get easier and easier to understand, not just because it is convenient (to forget sin with). There's probably a tonne of things the Lord could say about my trust in Him, I guess I am going to be asking for Wisdom, more than I think, if I can get through this.

But I suppose if you said "what verse is it, that you would quote at your death?" That's a tough one: I think I would quote "Let your yes, be yes and your no, be no" that says everything you need to know about death right there. If you can resist the evil one, and you die that way, there is nothing that Heaven will hold back from you. I even think, that God would concur, its not for anyone to be the judge of another's death, but that we all must answer yes or no to everything that happens in Heaven - for Glory or Greater Of God. This is supposed to stretch your faith, that's why I am asking it. I need to know what is coming, where you stand, what you stand on. Make sense? I trust God will make up the difference between your faith and mine, some time soon!

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

Reactions: MatthewG

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOT... a Christian subject dude.

The Christian is to hold ALL... of The Word of God as most important in their lives, not just parts of it.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I just wanted to get a feel for your faith, out there: there should be some kind of prophecy, that you would hold greater than all the others - it gives an example of what kind of strength God has given you, right? Like is the whole hot/cold thing when it comes to Churches, going to be something that you continue to think about; what about works? does surviving the fire play a big part in your life; maybe its the whole male/female thing, being one in the end (as is the Bridegroom coming for His Bride prophecy? Can you see where I am going with this?

The mystery of the faith, is a big thing for me, it keeps me sane, but I'm not so sure I am going to dwell on being sane, when I get to Heaven. I would die for it, yes, as I would die for many of the prophecies, but on the other hand, I would want to be rewarded with something more than the bare necessity of faith and prophecy. I mean if you came to me in Heaven and you said "Wow, I had faith too", I'd be appealing to God pretty quick, to show you something other than just more faith, at my expense - I've worked for my faith, I have asked dozens of times for wisdom, I don't just cast my pearls before swine or give what is holy to the dogs. You might think your faith is worth something, and that's great, but do me a favour and give me a sense of where your faith is based, not just in what ways you have exhausted it?

This is important, right? That Jesus have a sense of what you like about Him, why you trust Him, what other contexts you would like to see Him in? I mean this is real stuff, the stuff of relationships. As Jesus said "blessed are you to see the things you see and to hear the things you hear, for many prophets and kings desired to see what you see and did not see it and to hear what you hear and did not hear it" (from memory, Matthew 13:17), these are the Days of the Holy Spirit - the One who came alongside on the Way to the Cross. If we are not trusting the Word now what good is all our reading the Bible? That we put nothing on the line? That we just read page to page, without something impacting us, again and again and again? Surely we have to commit to the idea that there will be truths that last with us, more and more as the Day approaches (I am asking you, as I asked myself, "where is your faith?")

I think if I have a failing, it is that I may indeed be condemned, by something I say, but I still expect the Lord to be propounded more and more. Like if I overlook repentance, and still proclaim the Lord, the Word of the Lord won't suffer - well, it might not suffer as much, but it will still suffer: you can't be a slave to sin, and not increase suffering. I guess I have to remind myself to be humble, is what I am saying. I want what I say, to get easier and easier to understand, not just because it is convenient (to forget sin with). There's probably a tonne of things the Lord could say about my trust in Him, I guess I am going to be asking for Wisdom, more than I think, if I can get through this.

But I suppose if you said "what verse is it, that you would quote at your death?" That's a tough one: I think I would quote "Let your yes, be yes and your no, be no" that says everything you need to know about death right there. If you can resist the evil one, and you die that way, there is nothing that Heaven will hold back from you. I even think, that God would concur, its not for anyone to be the judge of another's death, but that we all must answer yes or no to everything that happens in Heaven - for Glory or Greater Of God. This is supposed to stretch your faith, that's why I am asking it. I need to know what is coming, where you stand, what you stand on. Make sense? I trust God will make up the difference between your faith and mine, some time soon!

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.
Hello @Gottservant
A lot to read, may come back on this.

Reactions: Gottservant

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I just wanted to get a feel for your faith, out there: there should be some kind of prophecy, that you would hold greater than all the others - it gives an example of what kind of strength God has given you, right?
Well, off the top of my head I'd say "Jesus is Coming" is a huge prophecy I stake my life on. The prophecy indicating we should not take the mark of the Beast is another one I would die for. But there are a lot of truths wrapped up in our faith in Christ that together is something we would all die for. We put our trust solely in one who has been raised from the dead by his own power.

The assurance of my Salvation came when God revealed to me that I should stop doubting and accept that I am a child of God, predestined from the beginning. The proof of that is in my extreme worry that I will lose Him and His favor.

It helps when we persevere in living a righteous life. It gives us confidence when we ask things of God that as much as He wishes to bless us He will do so more abundantly towards those who please Him. And we can then accept the negative things that come into our lives as an expression of His good will regardless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder how what you would die for, differs from what the Lord would die for?

I think the Lord would say "You shall not tempt the Lord your God" was a favourite verse of His.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not to twist your ear, about being ready to die: but do you realise that the faith will be there (on Earth), long after you have been resurrected? After you have faced death, and been resurrected?

I wonder what the last death, will be like!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I've ever been given a prophecy I would be ready to die for. Prophecy is not as important as charity though. The scriptures make that clear.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how what you would die for, differs from what the Lord would die for?

I think the Lord would say "You shall not tempt the Lord your God" was a favourite verse of His.
Well, it depends on our faith, I suppose. We're supposed to be getting our virtue from him. But I don't think anybody can hold a candle to him, you think?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like what Paul wrote to the People in Philippians.

“For I have known that this shall fall out to me for salvation, through your supplication, and the supply of the Spirit of Christ Jesus, according to my earnest expectation and hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, and in all freedom, as always, also now Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether through life or through death, for to me to live [is] Christ, and to die gain.

And if to live in the flesh [is] to me a fruit of work, then what shall I choose? I know not; for I am pressed by the two, having the desire to depart, and to be with Christ, for it is far better, and to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account, and of this being persuaded, I have known that I shall remain and continue with you all, to your advancement and joy of the faith, that your boasting may abound in Christ Jesus in me through my presence again to you.

Only worthily of the good news of the Christ conduct ye yourselves, that, whether having come and seen you, whether being absent I may hear of the things concerning you, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one soul, striving together for the faith of the good news, and not terrified in anything by those opposing, which to them indeed is a token of destruction, and to you of salvation, and that from God; because to you it was granted, on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in him, but also on behalf of him to suffer; the same conflict having, such as ye saw in me, and now hear of in me.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1‬:‭19‬-‭30‬ ‭YLT98‬‬