What do you think of long hair and beards?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
On men, of course :)

Some say men should be well groomed and clean shaven to better reflect Christ. Others say that Jesus had long hair and a beard, and for us to do so honors Him. What do you think of uncut hair for men?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

Some say men should be well groomed and clean shaven to better reflect Christ. Others say that Jesus had long hair and a beard, and for us to do so honors Him. What do you think of uncut hair for men?

This is a stand alone truth that Christ taught.

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Long hair, short hair, much hair, no hair. It is all meaningless. What is profitable for everyone is to ask God for His Spirit.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BL_HORIZONTAL_LOGO_lifetime_sm.jpg

And, everybody knows, Jesus didn't watch Lifetime Network.

So, there.

Axehead

May 9, 2012

I always thought "reflecting Christ" was more a matter of character and the fruit of the Holy Spirit than how we present our flesh. I have had beards and have been clean shaven and can testify that neither made me more loving or less loving as the case may be.

Axehead

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
As a Guitar slinging rock and roller i had long hair for years and thanks to genetics i could still have it but choose not to,its an uneccesary burden to be judged by...as far as beards are concerned i think it is just a way for men to completley seperate and distinquish themselves from women...men and women can grow hair on their heads but only men can grow it on their face....as far as being a reflection of Christ i think it matters at least as much as your shoe size

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
It has been pointed out that the roman soldiers had short hair during the time of Jesus.

It has also been pointed out that the roman soldiers sometimes had a hard time identifying Jesus when he was amongst them

For that reason it has been suggested that at least part of the time Jesus must have had short hair.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
It has been pointed out that the roman soldiers had short hair during the time of Jesus.

It has also been pointed out that the roman soldiers sometimes had a hard time identifying Jesus when he was amongst them

For that reason it has been suggested that at least part of the time Jesus must have had short hair.
That would have been highly unlikely,Jesus was a nazerene,and nazerenes were not supposed to cut their hair.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I wonder how we can even assume Jesus had long hair and a beard like in our pictures. Are there any reliable witnesses from back then. ? Interesting that (as far as i know) there is no physical description of him when he was on earth.

Every once in a while some christian types will claim to have seen Jesus , supposedly in a vision or a dream or in their living room.

I always ask them what He looked like.

I have never received an answer.

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Same thing he belonged to the same denomination of judaism as samson.

A Nazarene was a person from the town of Nazareth.

A Nazirite was a person who took a vow, or in the case of John the Baptist and Sampson, the mother took a vow to consecrate (set apart) the person to the Lord. Samuel was also a Nazirite. Some would take the vow for a period of time during which they drank no wine, did not cut their hair, etc.

Jesus was not a Nazirite as he drank wine.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
A Nazarene was a person from the town of Nazareth.

A Nazirite was a person who took a vow, or in the case of John the Baptist and Sampson, the mother took a vow to consecrate (set apart) the person to the Lord. Samuel was also a Nazirite. Some would take the vow for a period of time during which they drank no wine, did not cut their hair, etc.

Jesus was not a Nazirite as he drank wine.
I looked it up ,you are correct,.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
You should not shave your whiskers or your head.
God gave men the whiskers, so why should one rebel against it and shave them off.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seriously?!

Well, I guess it is not a controversial topic.....