What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many Jews converted to Christ...the early church was Jewish at the outset. I have personally led a few Jews to the Lord. One was orthodox...and he opted to become Catholic. He liked the structure...since he was used to structure. What he didn't like was either a mixture of religion (7th day adventist...whom he visited for awhile) or evangelical (too much hype and emotionalism).

When we start putting limitations on what God can do...we tend to bear out the lack of faith we have...so we see little to no miraculous interventions. To the pure everything is pure. To the impure...there is nothing pure. To the unbeliever, there is no reason for faith in God.
You missed the point. Or maybe you just won't acknowledge it.

Reactions: Keturah and marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:10-13 KJV
[10] As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: [11] There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. [12] They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. [13] Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean they think i am a monster , yet i dont bring all those mocking videos .
It is indubitably far superior 1678255750494.gifto mock in ways that are passive aggressive and “hidden” and that you perceive make you look very wise. Everyone knows It’s ever so uncouth to be open and plain with people. Only peasants and unlearned fishermen do that! And true wisdom knows you must always leave room for plausible deniability regarding what you do. And that last, most especially, if you perceive yourself to be an anointed and gifted praise and worship leader. :jest:
(It also helps with the spiffy image you are trying to create to walk around with a cup of tea in your hand. A monocle can round and further flesh out the character you wish to portray.)
…Can someone tell me, is this top hat a bit too over the top? I want to adeptly emote but not be seen as a ham…

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s truly sad that the 7 nth psalm has had been slandered, once again in an attempt at the vilification of God.

How can it not be seen among a group of Christian men and women. The whole of the chapter is actors playing a role of the coming Christ. David standing in the role of Christ and his persecutors standing on the role of apostate first century Israel.

I would encourage you all to take another look.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
First is to understand what it means .

John 3:3 "Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

This is a very interesting statement, and in most King James Bibles the margin reads "again" as being "from above". In Strong's Greek dictionary, # 509, the word is "Anothen", "from above". You will never understand this statement that Jesus made unless you understand what it means to be "born from above." In a later verse, it is documented that you must be "born from above", or your soul will be lost for eternity.

John 3:4 "Nicodemus saith unto Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"

Nicodemus still just did not understand what Jesus was saying, because he could only see the flesh realm and the law. He was looking only at the flesh.

John 3:5 "Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

"Verily, verily" is "truly, truly". Jesus is telling him that there must be two births necessary; the birth of the water and of the spirit. Many people teach that this "born of the water", means to be baptized, and this is not what is being talked about. To be born from above is to be born of the womb of your mother. Every child is born in a bag of water, in fact the normal birth is announced by the breaking of the waters with in the birthing bag. So we see in this that one must be born of woman, in innocence, and then "be born of the spirit".

Born of the spirit means to accept the Spirit of Christ. That soul choosing by free will the Spirit of Christ into their spirit. That is what the marriage of Christ is all about; to become one in Christ.

This is why most people simply do not know what being "born from above means", when they disregard what happened in the book of Genesis, and in that first earth age. They overlook all of Satan's attempts to destroy the womb of woman, and God's plan to send us His Son that we might have redemption. God intervened in Satan attempt, as He always will do. This is why the book of Jude is so important.

John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

To understand this, lets go to I Corinthians 15:50; "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

No soul in its flesh and blood body can enter the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of Heaven is where ever God is, and for the soul to enter that kingdom, it must first die or be changed. The soul must be separated from the flesh first before that soul returns to the Father that created it. This is the basic principle of the plan of our heavenly Father.

Remember back in Ecclesiastes 12:7; God told us what happens to the soul and the flesh when the flesh body dies. "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God Who gave it."

Our flesh bodies are the accumulation of all the elements from the earth that we consume by eating. Upon death of ones body, the process then returns the decaying flesh body back to those elements. The soul's spirit came from God, and it will return to God when this flesh body dies. All will return to the Father, for He is the judge of your soul; whether for destruction or eternal life.

Jesus is teaching Nicodemus here, and Jesus knew that Nicodemus should have understand, but didn't.

John 3:7 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

"Ye must be born again", as we have see, "ye must be born from above." If you are not born from above, that is to say, "born of woman", then you would be either a demonic spirit, or from a fallen angel. This is against God's law and the plan of God.

John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but He That came down from heaven, even the Son of man Which is in heaven."

Here now is the second witness to those things given, as to how you must be born from above. There is no way that you can make baptism out of this verse. It sums up the whole matter of being born from above.

No man, no one goes to heaven, but that he first was born from above. That soul must first be born of women, where the soul entered the womb at conception, and when the flesh body dies, it is returned to the father. There is not a living being on this earth, that did not come down from the Father first, and at death shall return to the Father. That is just plain common sense.

This doesn't mean that they are all going to have eternal life, but heaven is where the Father is, and that is where the judgment takes place. But what is meant here is in reference to obtaining salvation for their soul, or eternal life. All souls return to the Father, and many of those that do return will be condemned to destruction. The judgment takes place at the time of the great white throne judgment. Until that time, those sinning souls will stay right there in paradise where there is a great gulf between God and the sinning soul This is stated in the parable of the rich man, in Luke 16. There has been no soul destroyed to this date, that has passed on after death.

So what this thirteenth verse is saying, is about being born again. It means that you must be born from above. You can't be as those fallen angels, and take short-cuts, but it must be done according to God's plan of salvation.​

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listening again. I’m stopped at the 6 minute mark and wondering about Galatians 3:13 - He became a curse for us. How does it read in Hebrew? It seems good to look at it too. (As concerns thoughts that God took out His anger at us on Jesus.)

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm not interested in the state of your ego. But you don't seem to be registering an understanding of your own translating. Is Jesus justifying the righteous? or not? can you read it? A non-Hebrew reader can't see it...but can you? (here comes the honesty part)

יַצְדִּיק צַדִּיק
still testing my Hebrew skills Epi?

Word Parsed:
יַצְדִּיק
Parts of Speech: Verb Hiphil Imperfect 3rd Mas. Sing.
Root:
צדק
Strong's Number: H6663
Infinitive Definition: 1. to be just, be righteous
a. (Qal) 1. to
have a just...
Transliteration:

Here, let me help you..............and don't forget the Qal, Hiphel, Piel etc.

מֵעֲמַל נַפְשֹׁו יִרְאֶה יִשְׂבָּע בְּדַעְתֹּו יַצְדִּיק צַדִּיק עַבְדִּי לָֽרַבִּים וַעֲוֹנֹתָם הוּא יִסְבֹּֽל׃

אֵלֶּה תּוֹלְדֹת נֹחַ נֹחַ אִישׁ צַדִּיק תָּמִים הָיָה בְּדֹרֹתָי

You are way out of your depth here Epi, and it is really laughable that you want to debate a rabbi! Maybe I should forward this to Dr. Brown and Shabir.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi couldn't tell the difference from Jews for Judaism and Jews for Jesus, and who is spearheading who.
Just saying.
Well, as I said before, Wikipedia is not the best source to be using as an accurate source for who birthed Jews For Judaism. (Factchecking Wikipedia is most always wise.) I’ve read elsewhere that it was not Tovia who began it, but I forget the rabbis name who did. Bentzion something maybe…?

And I have no idea what you’re going on about that Epi meant to say Jews For Jesus. Jews For Judaism, (to my understanding) was begun as a…counter TO Jews For Jesus. Epi said what he meant to say. Obviously.

Reactions: Episkopos

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
2 TIMOTHY 3 KJV

4 Traitors, heady,  highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of THIS SORT are they which creep into houses, and lead captive SILLY WOMEN laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the TRUTH.

Deceived when drawn away of our own lust to have our ears tickled or our ego flattered. This happens when God is not our Lord & master but instead we place a man in the throne of idolatry!

Cultic false messengers spread their false messages when folks are NOT where they need to be in/with G
From the little I have read or heard, modern day rabbis would be more familiar with the Talmud, not Torah.
Much more than you realize @Brakelite the rabbinical writings have superseded the Torah.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not wrestling with flesh and blood. Good luck dealing with those religious spirits, they are very smart and ya just can't win an argument with the devil. Narcissists are like that too, can never win an argument with a narcissist either, because the devil helps them, lol.

Debating with the carnal mind will not generally get a Jewish person to convert to Yeshua. You would just be butting heads and accomplishing nothing. The Jews require a sign. Only the Holy Spirit is able to bypass those spirits and objections of the carnal mind....to touch them or show them a sign and wonder, or miracle.
Remember dear sister, there is a remnant--Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Listening again. I’m stopped at the 6 minute mark and wondering about Galatians 3:13 - He became a curse for us. How does it read in Hebrew? It seems good to look at it too. (As concerns thoughts that God took out His anger at us on Jesus.)
It's Greek...He became a curse for us. The curse of the law is to be told to uphold something that can't be done...in one's own strength.

From the OT... Deut. 21:22,23 "If someone guilty of a capital offense is put to death and their body is exposed on a pole
23 you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.

The curse itself is the capital offense being attributed to someone. That person was not to be left on display.

Jesus was exposed as if He was cursed...and He was...by men...but He took on the curse of the law by having victory over the flesh. It was given to men to get it very wrong. However, what men got wrong, God got right...His body on the cross was a marker of victory over the flesh...so that we too could have victory and overcome the curse of the law on ourselves by joining Him on the cross.

For us, the cross is not a symbol of shame and a curse....no...it is the symbol of victory as the POWER that crucifies our outer man ....giving our inner man access to God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's Greek
Why yes it is! Lol at myself. I’m having some struggles with Galatians this morning.

Also listening to your vid again and imagining I am seeing some connection between “Jerusalem which is above is free“ and…the child of the free woman getting the inheritance versus child of the slave woman.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
still testing my Hebrew skills Epi?

Word Parsed:
יַצְדִּיק
Parts of Speech: Verb Hiphil Imperfect 3rd Mas. Sing.
Root:
צדק
Strong's Number: H6663
Infinitive Definition: 1. to be just, be righteous
a. (Qal) 1. to
have a just...
Transliteration:

Here, let me help you..............and don't forget the Qal, Hiphel, Piel etc.

מֵעֲמַל נַפְשֹׁו יִרְאֶה יִשְׂבָּע בְּדַעְתֹּו יַצְדִּיק צַדִּיק עַבְדִּי לָֽרַבִּים וַעֲוֹנֹתָם הוּא יִסְבֹּֽל׃

אֵלֶּה תּוֹלְדֹת נֹחַ נֹחַ אִישׁ צַדִּיק תָּמִים הָיָה בְּדֹרֹתָי

You are way out of your depth here Epi, and it is really laughable that you want to debate a rabbi! Maybe I should forward this to Dr. Brown and Shabir.
You seem drunk on your own ego....but you are saying nothing but copy pasting a cover-up to your lack of understanding and/or honesty. You were asked...by more than one member ...to confirm that the MSS and the Septuagint were in agreement...but that the translators (they do this a lot) obscured the text.

I need to consult a grown-up I see.

But nobody is looking to you to do anything but puff yourself up...and for no reason whatsoever.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh that’s good. I always assumed the curse of the law was “must die.” But the way you say it is good!
...but then the soul that sins...it must die. Why? It must die in order to fufill the purpose of our creation...which is fellowship with God. It's the same death as Adam experienced in the garden when he sinned against God.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Most bible "eisegetes" negate one side of the equation to get to the other. But both and true and necessary to have eternal life. We sin...therefore we need to die in the part of us that sins. When we go to the cross to be dealt with in the outer man, the inner man is translated into eternal life IN Christ.

The evil that we are being tempted with is to say that the wages of sin are no longer death! Why? Grace? NO, grace is the power of the cross given to us to destroy sin. No, a hatred of the truth causes people to preserve their flesh in the error in thinking they have eternal life without passing through death. So they deny the power of the cross to kill the sin factory in our flesh. Or they claim to have received something they haven't as if they had.

Status
Not open for further replies.