What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can cherry pick verses too...AND I understand their context. :)

For the umpteenth time.....you have to see the difference between holiness and righteousness. The people of Israel (Judea) saw Jesus do His mighty works....they will be judged against holiness. Wrath comes on those who hate Jesus. That 's the severity of God....which you like to quote for some reason.

But look at the goodness of God and His mercy. (you could learn a lot about that)

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that fears him, and works righteousness, is accepted with him.

Do you deny the truth that Peter is speaking? Would you disavow God's mercy for your sense of justice?

Job 40:8 “Will you also disannul my judgment? will you condemn me, that you may be righteous?”
You're not rightly dividing the word at all. Peter is talking about the nations as opposed to just Israel. The gospel going to the nations, not only Israel.

And who does God show his goodness to? Who does He show severity towards? The Lord has amply shown His mercy through the gospel, by the sacrifice of His Son....that whosoever believes in Him should have eternal life, not whosoever doesn't believe.

You are teaching deception.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're not rightly dividing the word at all. Peter is talking about the nations as opposed to just Israel. The gospel going to the nations, not only Israel.

And who does God show his goodness to? Who does He show severity towards? The Lord has amply shown His mercy through the gospel, by the sacrifice of His Son....that whosoever believes in Him should have eternal life, not whosoever doesn't believe.

Obviously playing to your audience. I post scriptures that show a mercy side of God...and you will have nothing of it. Talk to Peter, Jesus, and all the other writers of the bible you have issue with. if you want to be a fundamentalist and be stubborn about it...fine! But don't expect for those whom God has shown mercy to to agree with you. And stop trying to slander me on my own thread...start your own thread about how saved you are and such...and how condemned everyone is that doesn't agree with you. You will get some likes.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will answer you one time and then if you persist in your degradation I will add you in with the attention seekers I have vowed not to please.
It was not her heart that I read. It was the words from her own mouth that I read.
Attention seekers? So now you think you know my heart? I'll accept your explanation re the above, I'm not going to argue over your perception of another.

Reactions: marks

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow @Lizbeth, @amigo de christo, @marks , @mailmandan , @Johann & @ect..... those that speak the TRUTHS OF GOD'S WORD ; proudly! Screenshot_20230130-124715~3.png

The heretics, cultists, fools, agnostic, atheist, followers of the traditions of men ,self appointed false messengers, all those who reject the truth as it is written well..............not so much.

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Epi, I’ve thought about this off and on for a few years but…I don’t think I ever spoke with you about it.
You know the tree that has a…crop every month and leaves for the healing of the nations? Why would people with eternal life need to eat monthly from the tree? Does that strike you as odd? I remember once thinking, oh well it must be during the millennium, but I read it again and it appeared to me to be on the new heaven and earth, therefore after the millennium. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Episkopos

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey Epi, I’ve thought about this off and on for a few years but…I don’t think I ever spoke with you about it.
You know the tree that has a…crop every month and leaves for the healing of the nations? Why would people with eternal life need to eat monthly from the tree? Does that strike you as odd? I remember once thinking, oh well it must be during the millennium, but I read it again and it appeared to me to be on the new heaven and earth, therefore after the millennium. Any thoughts?
I will dare to offer a response. Have you considered that the life we receive is conditional? That eternal life, the very same life that the Father gave Jesus as His inheritance, is conditional in the same way Jesus' life was conditional?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you considered that the life we receive is conditional?
It’s after the new heaven and earth, after the last battle, after the Last enemy of death is done away with.

But since I believe as Epi does that some from the second resurrection will be welcomed into eternal habitations for giving so much as a drink of water to Christs body - hmm…

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Never considered that. You got me there! Have to think on it some... :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I follow @Lizbeth, @amigo de christo, @marks , @mailmandan , @Johann & @ect..... those that speak the TRUTHS OF GOD'S WORD ; proudly! View attachment 30168

The heretics, cultists, fools, agnostic, atheist, followers of the traditions of men ,self appointed false messengers, all those who reject the truth as it is written well..............not so much.
Proudly is right! Doesn't God resist the proud? Doesn't He give grace to the humble? So then I'll stick with the humble. And the humble ones don't need to be called out...because it's just the ones who are not proud. And I will follow only Christ.

Pride aside....what are you doing on this thread? Do you have any questions you've always wanted to ask about the new birth?

Last edited:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proudly is right! Doesn't God resist the proud? Doesn't He give grace to the humble? So then I'll stick with the humble. And the humble ones don't need to be called out...because it's just the ones who are not proud. And I will follow only Christ.

Pride aside....what are you doing on this thread? Do you have any questions you've always wanted to ask about the new birth?
NO QUESTIONS YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME.
I SEEK MY COUNCIL FROM GOD AND HIS FAITHFUL !

WHY DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO MY POST? I SENSE IT IS TO GOAD!

HUMILITY LOL YEAH RIGHT !

SOMEDAY THE LIGHT WILL SHINE & THE ....TRUTH WILL DAWN ON THOSE WHO IDOLIZE....THEN YEP LEFT ALONE.....NO ADORING CHEERLEADERS TO HANG ON EVERY WORD !

ps: open forum, free to post except in the locked or forbidden.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NO QUESTIONS YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME.
I SEEK MY COUNCIL FROM GOD AND HIS FAITHFUL !

WHY DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO MY POST? I SENSE IT IS TO GOAD!

HUMILITY LOL YEAH RIGHT !

SOMEDAY THE LIGHT WILL SHINE & THE ....TRUTH WILL DAWN ON THOSE WHO IDOLIZE....THEN YEP LEFT ALONE.....NO ADORING CHEERLEADERS TO HANG ON EVERY WORD !

ps: open forum, free to post except in the locked or forbidden.
You take all the "fun" out of fundamentalism. :rolleyes: Judge not lest you be judged. Show a little wisdom. Less hostility and more love.

Why do you direct your attention to my thread? Inside you are crying out for something...something pure, something without all the hate and hostility. Take all the undealt with flesh you are displaying and go to God...He will crucify it for you. Seek the Lord and live! It's God-praising time!

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The religious outer man seeks to justify himself and condemn others. "Truth" is used by him (the outer man) as an artifice to justify the hatred and vitriol that has its source in the sin nature. We are to speak actual truth in actual love. Condemnation is of the devil. Pharisees now, as then, are not under God's mercy. God is only merciful with the merciful, Those who judge from their own understanding are under judgment.

What is obviously carnal and religious for the humble is not so obvious to the one who has never known the power of the cross. There is no love in a whipped up religious fervour. Just hatred and murder. Jesus was put to death in such a fervour. There is no room in the church for such things.

There is a great need for repentance in the church today. Enough of the flesh and hate. God is love. Those who walk in Him, walk in an eternal love. I think many forget that...or tragically, have never known that love.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Pharisees, who were lovers of gain for self, were listening to all these things and were ridiculing Him. And He said to them, You are the ones who justify yourselves in the sight of people, but God knows your hearts; because that which is highly esteemed among people is detestable in the sight of God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi, I have been thinking this morning about something you said to me that has never quite left me. It was maybe…two years ago, three at the most. You said, do you think you could have a visitation from God today? After I thought for a moment I said, I think I could, yes, but I don’t think it’s extremely likely that I will. Then you said, why not? To which I had absolutely no reply. And Ive remembered that many times over the last few years and thought, my faith is not yet the size of a mustard seed, although I have thought it was a huge tree! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.