What does Our Savior consider Idolatry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
hmm, i got tagged for #382, but not #381, hmm.

anyway,
"but the subtlety of religion is far more deceptive; and equally destructive to the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus."
"ah ok" (back there)

kind of cleared that up for me; but then it started talking about the "saved," which is a...religious belief to me, so it is my problem lol, not yours. But you might see that some "definition" of the saved is being intimated, right? (the point being who does this except "the religious?" the ones being outed earlier)

this is what autism looks like lol, never mind

Hello @bbyrd009.

The saved, are those who have been made alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:1-5). They are those who have acknowledged their need of a Saviour, and believed what God has said concerning His Son, The Lord Jesus Christ; and are trusting in the all-sufficiency of His sacrifice for sin, on their behalf, to save them from the penalty of sin, which is death. For they have received the promise of life in Christ Jesus, which they will receive through the resurrection out from among the dead, on the day of God's choosing.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hello @bbyrd009.

The saved, are those who have been made alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:1-5). They are those who have acknowledged their need of a Saviour, and believed what God has said concerning His Son, The Lord Jesus Christ; and are trusting in the all-sufficiency of His sacrifice for sin, on their behalf, to save them from the penalty of sin, which is death. For they have received the promise of life in Christ Jesus, which they will receive through the resurrection out from among the dead, on the day of God's choosing.
sounds really good, but i can't help but hear the Good Samaritan laughing, and saying "Get away from me with all that, please, ty and goodbye." while nonetheless fulfilling pretty much every phrase up there.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would like to try posting some "sense" from Scripture, i guess we could see
does this man not have a single trusted friend here?
I already did in post #372, remember?? I gave the Scriptural definition of Christ's Church.
YOU said that I needed to include the term "Living stones" - yet YOU couldn't define it.

Getting a little confused, are you?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could you rephrase this? Not sure which "food" we are talking about here, ty.

Its Like Kosher, God already said what was except-able for food, and what was not, In the OT, Do you think that Jesus would have eaten Pork Chops, Lizards, Frogs, Grubs, or would He have kept His Fathers commandments about Food. When you see the word food in the New Testament I believe that it was what god had already Imposed. Jews already knew what was food according to Gods declaration!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I already did in post #372, remember?? I gave the Scriptural definition of Christ's Church.
YOU said that I needed to include the term "Living stones" - yet YOU couldn't define it.

well, hmm...imo you missed the most important part, where i asked for an interpreter, but as long as you understand now, i guess we all understand then. hey, i just said 'mama' again lol, cool. Anyway, why do you think there is no OT analogue for our NT speaking in tongues, do you think?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Its Like Kosher, God already said what was except-able for food, and what was not, In the OT, Do you think that Jesus would have eaten Pork Chops, Lizards, Frogs, Grubs, or would He have kept His Fathers commandments about Food.
well, i would have to ask you to examine your sentence here, and decide whether...Jesus was in the old disp or the new? first. Because as it sits, it makes a Freudian case for the truth of the matter all by itself, imo, being as how we have a perfectly accomplished new dispensation, but we pretty much all live under the old one anyway, i guess. So, the rest of these replies may not make much sense to you then; from that perspective.

anyway, Christ broke the OT Law about food too, in eating with Gentiles, that was punishable by death i think? stoning?
When you see the word food in the New Testament I believe that it was what god had already Imposed.
hmm, another fReudian interpretation, hmm
Jews already knew what was food according to Gods declaration!
ha, you are seriously rolling here Truth, i tell you what. How do you work the NT into your perspective here?
Jews already knew what was food according to Gods declaration!
so hard to try and convince someone who already knew there, huh, prolly just better to let them keep believing it i guess. Of course we have the benefit of hindsight there, we know why Jews were proscribed from pork etc, right, "hardness of heart."
27Don't work for food is also valid in here i guess

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, hmm...imo you missed the most important part, where i asked for an interpreter, but as long as you understand now, i guess we all understand then. hey, i just said 'mama' again lol, cool. Anyway, why do you think there is no OT analogue for our NT speaking in tongues, do you think?
Another evasive dodge.
Either present your definition of "Living Stones" or admit that you stuck your foot in your mouth again . . .

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Our Savior consider Idolatry:

If I may share another perspective. Maybe it will help someone. It begins with truth. Sometimes truth is the hardest thing to give when truth is what sets free. Sometimes it is the lie that holds us captive to idols we just can't bear to part with. An example: to three young boys, their father is their idol. For them, their Father is set on a pedestal of high expectation. He is a Christian man. Head of the home and leader and the only example they have, but still, he is a man and a dangerous thing is looking toward any man as being perfect in the flesh. One of the boys catches his father in an adulterous affair. Catches him in the act of it. The father denies the truth when it comes out. For more than a decade the entire family shuns the one son considering the son a liar when he is actually the only one in the family willing to stare into the truth. When the son becomes a man, he is an alcoholic, a thief, a homeless wanderer of the streets; consumed with anger and bitterness. The family rally's around their son in support, pleading for his wellness and sobriety. Yet, when the son brings up the affair referring to his father as a hypocrite...the truth is the one thing that is rejected. The father is willing to take the truth to his grave, even if the truth could save his sons life. One spoken sentence could set multiple people free: "I did it." The confession of a lie could break light into a hopeless situation and then God could go to work and heal the damage.

What does this have to do with idols?

The boys idol is his father. A mere man that has failed miserably. Like we all do. When that idol is exposed for what it truly is; the boy has no where else to look. His fathers image is destroyed. All Christians becomes hypocrites in the boys eyes. Where does he turn then?

The father's idol is himself. A narcissist that is willing to destroy his entire family to maintain his perfect "Christian" image. A narcissist that had no one to look toward growing up other than self, therefore becoming his own idol.

The Pharisees had father Abraham. They missed God in the flesh.

Some have Peter. But Peter failed three times. Probably more.

People and our expectations can be idols. When the one we should look toward and put our trust in, is God.

Just a thought...

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth @"ByGrace" @Job @Angelina @bbyrd009 @DPMartin @ScottA @BreadOfLife @Stranger @FHII @kepha31 @tabletalk @Richard_oti @Marymog @aspen @mjrhealth @Frank Lee @liafailrock @EndTimeWine

* Some time ago, on a forum, I read the experience of someone who had married a woman who had travelled extensively in Asia, and had bought many metal items wrought with designs and imagery depicting the gods of the lands she visited: this all came with her into his home. However, when they both, some time later, came to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ: they became convicted that these items would have to go. For the artists who carved and engraved these items, dedicated them to the worship of the gods they depicted, their very work was an act of worship: and they now felt like an alien, even hostile presence within the home. So she and her husband searched out every one and had them destroyed. An idol has no power in itself, but the evil spirit it represents is another matter.

Just another thought to add.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

well you have a point there for sure, even Abraham's father was an idol maker, and there are two stories one in the book of Jasher, and one in the book of jubilees that tell of how it was that then Abram's brother was killed, Lot's father. the stories are conflicting but both stories in this case have something to do with a building that was used for housing the idols of the people then that Abram's father made and maintained.( and thing is during this time Noah was still alive. what does that tell you about human nature.)

and both stories do tell of Abram's involvement in the destruction of that building and or the idols therein. the Muslims claim (note false claim) that the building that houses the idol that was the god of Mahammad the prophet of Islam in mecca that the Muslims parade around is that same building.

though idols represent in the cases you speak of, it is the men and women who do so. today and back in Ezekial's day:

Eze_14:3 Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?

many carry in their hearts idols that are in their own likeness and image, of what their god ought to be, in their own judgement. and most of them call themselves Christians.

hence that is where the idols truly are. consider, man is God's place in the earth, the place for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit according to scripture and it is man who carries idols made up of their own imaginations, loving them, and worshiping them, and honoring them, arguing for them, in the place that belongs to the Almighty.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

no he's not, he's just keeping you in play for whatever reason. on some sites its called flaming, were someone just keeps making remarks that basically peeve you off, so you keep responding. web sites like this one like his kind. they generate traffic. he really doesn't care about what you say, why you are saying it, nor what it means. either that or he's smoking something that can be used for rope.

I say this because I get the same from him also.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no he's not, he's just keeping you in play for whatever reason. on some sites its called flaming, were someone just keeps making remarks that basically peeve you off, so you keep responding. web sites like this one like his kind. they generate traffic. he really doesn't care about what you say, why you are saying it, nor what it means. either that or he's smoking something that can be used for rope.

I never get angry when I post reading and posting on a forum.
From my point of view - people who do this just make my job easier.

As for bbyrd - most of his posts are nonsensical anyway . . .

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never get angry when I post reading and posting on a forum.
From my point of view - people who do this just make my job easier.

As for bbyrd - most of his posts are nonsensical anyway . . .

this would be true, as far as flaming though most people can get caught on a bad day.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

i am no Oracle, it is not for me to define Living Stones for anyone else--which btw was strictly a deflection away from the fact that Living Stones was not even considered anyway; by an Oracle, no less.

If you want to give orders, get a dog or a minion, wadr, or bam go try that crap on someone who seeks oracles and will respond, they certainly abound. if you want to know what i think Living Stones are, then just ask.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am no Oracle, it is not for me to define Living Stones for anyone else, which was strictly a deflection away from the fact that Living Stones was not even considered anyway--by an Oracle, no less.

If you want to give orders, get a dog or a minion, wadr, or bam go try that crap on someone who seeks oracles and will respond, they certainly abound. if you want to know what i think Living Stones are, then just ask.

oracle? is that some kind of drug? I always thought Oracle was a commercial grade database software.

see there breadoflife, this guy thinks this is just some kind of game, either that or maybe he should be wearing aluminum foil so everyone knows who he is.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oracle? is that some kind of drug? I always thought Oracle was a commercial grade database software.

see there breadoflife, this guy thinks this is just some kind of game, either that or maybe he should be wearing aluminum foil so everyone knows who he is.
Agreed.
I gave him a Biblical definition of what the Church is. He countered with "Living Stones" - yet he couldn't define it.

Exposing people who cannot defend their positions makes MY job that much easier . . .