What does Our Savior consider Idolatry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well for what it is worth the Apostle Paul, who has said that we are to have the mind of Christ,the one who died on a cross for the forgiveness of sins, stated in Romans1 that idolatory is the worship of the creation as opposed to the Creator. He pointed to a certain group of persons who were doing just that and angered God so much that God took these heterosexual human beings and changed them into extremely deviant homosexuals. So this tells me that Our Savior sees this as idolatory also, if indeed Paul had the mind of Jesus Christ when he spoke those words. Nor if this is the case then what God did in Romans 1 He can do again today. So there are many heterosexual Born Again Christians who are at risk of becoming the very same kind of homosexuals as those heterosexual idolitors in Roman1 became. Because when there is a conflict between Bible teachings and the teachings contained in manmade teachings called Family Values family Values are the teachings many Born Again Christians choose to follow. It seems like .many are those, who insist on taking flecks out of the eyes of others while ignoring the log in their own eyes. That does not sound smart since we are talking about idolatry, because God is watching!

Reactions: EndTimeWine

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well for what it is worth the Apostle Paul, who has said that we are to have the mind of Christ,the one who died on a cross for the forgiveness of sins, stated in Romans1 that idolatory is the worship of the creation as opposed to the Creator. He pointed to a certain group of persons who were doing just that and angered God so much that God took these heterosexual human beings and changed them into extremely deviant homosexuals. So this tells me that Our Savior sees this as idolatory also, if indeed Paul had the mind of Jesus Christ when he spoke those words. Nor if this is the case then what God did in Romans 1 He can do again today. So there are many heterosexual Born Again Christians who are at risk of becoming the very same kind of homosexuals as those heterosexual idolitors in Roman1 became. Because when there is a conflict between Bible teachings and the teachings contained in manmade teachings called Family Values family Values are the teachings many Born Again Christians choose to follow. It seems like .many are those, who insist on taking flecks out of the eyes of others while ignoring the log in their own eyes. That does not sound smart since we are talking about idolatry, because God is watching!
And all creation should give glory to Him ONLY. I agree! God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but we are assured that we are each building a temple, whether on sand or a firm foundation, BoL.
So I say?
NO - what Scripture says (Matt. 16:18, John 17:20-23, Eph. 4:5).

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And one other thing. I am a Christian. Perhaps Messianic, not Gentile, but not caught up in man-made festivals that are not biblical. If you want to hit hard at people for not obeying other scriptures they don't observe, then you batter be following them yourself. That's only commonsense.

The sad part about everyone is that they only consider, what these holi-days mean to themselves! God commanded that, Do Not Inquire How they Serve, and Worship their Deity's, and then say I will use their Rituals, go through the motions of their worship, and I will declare it a Festival to God and Savior, God said it is an Abomination! We as believers need to consider what God Thinks__ It is Written what God Thinks, kinda takes the guessing out of IT.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So I say?
NO - what Scripture says (Matt. 16:18, John 17:20-23, Eph. 4:5).
Scripture says the other too though, right, whether you are prepared to admit that or not.

See, we would first have to agree upon the Scriptural definition of "Church,"
and wadr i don't believe yours is currently "Living Stones."

Reactions: BreadOfLife

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said: "If there is sin in that, then I repent"
Wouldn't repentance involve turning away from the sin, and not going to any more graduations? You still celebrate Christmas, which you think is sinful.

Tolerating is not the same as celebrating. LOL I said the rest of the family deals with it, yes, gifts and all. If I was alone I would not. But be patient. The pressures are strong and we're working on it together. Still, I don't believe the Lord approves of this holiday supposedly in His name.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it's unity.

I often hear Protestants talking about "the Church" meaning ALL Protestant denominations. Many of them exclude the Catholic Church from that group.

That's unity in rebellion.

I admire your speculation based on your excellent source material....referencing, ‘i often hear...’

Your scholarship is unmatched

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - it's unity.

I often hear Protestants talking about "the Church" meaning ALL Protestant denominations. Many of them exclude the Catholic Church from that group.

That's unity in rebellion.

Keep doubling down when you are exposed - in the age of Trump, you will go far

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admire your speculation based on your excellent source material....referencing, ‘i often hear...’
Your scholarship is unmatched
Most Protestant s DO refer to ALL Christians as being "the Church".
Are you saying that you disagree with that?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says the other too though, right, whether you are prepared to admit that or not.
Where does Scripture say that Jesus built MORE than ONE Church??
See, we would first have to agree upon the Scriptural definition of "Church,"
and wadr i don't believe yours is currently "Living Stones."
This is the Scriptural definition of Church - not yours or mine:

- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
- Jesus gave the Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most Protestant s DO refer to ALL Christians as being "the Church".
Are you saying that you disagree with that?

I would agree with that. We would say that everyone who is a believer and follower is indeed a member of the wider body...and the Church of Jesus Christ.. Not all like me...believe there are many levels of this..ie
" In My Father House are many mansions..." = meaning.." Many levels" mansions is not a good rendition.

Reactions: bbyrd009

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know that God considered worshiping an Idol, equal to Adultery Between the people and Him!
At Mount Sinai, the Israelite s had Aaron make a golden calf, which was something that they had learned in Egypt, the Bull & Cow gods. Then Aaron declared, tomorrow is a Feast to the Lord, God was so Angry that He wanted to French-Fry everyone. Let My Wrath Wax Hot against them!
Then God goes to the extent of telling them through Moses, Do Not!, Do Not learn by Inquiring how they, [the people in the land, Canaanites] serve and worship their gods. Do not learn what they do, do not learn their rituals, and Do the Same! And say you are using these same rituals as a Worship to ME , It is an Abomination, For everything they do, even burning their sons and daughters in the fires to their gods, I Hate!!
Acts 15:20
Douay Rheims Version- An English translation of the Latin Vulgate, Sept 1st 1899
20- But that we write unto them, that they refrain themselves from pollutions of Idols.
KJV
20- But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of Idols.
NKJV
20- But we write to them to abstain from things polluted by Idols.
I know that in 1st Corinthians, chapt 8:1 Paul exhorts about[ things offered to Idols] concerning foods or meats! Also in !0: 25-30 again! foods and or meats! I am not talking Kosher, although I keep Kosher! That is not my point!!! If someone offered me B B Q lamb it would be hard to turn down, offered to Idols or not, But for conscience sake I would!
My point! Is there anything besides food that can be polluted by Idols?
@Truth @"ByGrace" @Job @Angelina @bbyrd009 @DPMartin @ScottA @BreadOfLife @Stranger @FHII @kepha31 @tabletalk @Richard_oti @Marymog @aspen @mjrhealth @Frank Lee @liafailrock @EndTimeWine

* Some time ago, on a forum, I read the experience of someone who had married a woman who had travelled extensively in Asia, and had bought many metal items wrought with designs and imagery depicting the gods of the lands she visited: this all came with her into his home. However, when they both, some time later, came to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ: they became convicted that these items would have to go. For the artists who carved and engraved these items, dedicated them to the worship of the gods they depicted, their very work was an act of worship: and they now felt like an alien, even hostile presence within the home. So she and her husband searched out every one and had them destroyed. An idol has no power in itself, but the evil spirit it represents is another matter.

Just another thought to add.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is the Scriptural definition of Church - not yours or mine:
yes, ok, so then we just go and debate the meanings of some other terms, then, i mean what is the point, if we are speaking in tongues right. Living Stones is a perfectly good def imo--that i notice is absent from your list?--chiefly because there are so few definitions to be manipulated. Not to be unkind, but i'm not surprised it doesn't suit you. Right now anyway.

this is for someone else, i guess, don't feel obligated to react

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Idolatry is an act of believing in the things of this world (which is under the rule of Satan). It is Satanic worship.

Hello @ScottA

Your words reminded me of the words of Paul in 2 Corinthians 11:2-4.

'For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy:
for I have espoused you to one husband,
that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
But I fear, lest by any means,
as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty,
so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus,
whom we have not preached,
or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received,
or another gospel, which ye have not accepted,
ye might well bear with him.'

* The things of this world are obvious: but the subtlety of religion is far more deceptive; and more destructive to the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus. We are made, 'complete' in Him, and 'accepted in the Beloved' by God's grace: anything which would add to this, which would require anything other than simple trust in the efficacy of His finished sacrificial work, is equal to idolatry in it's evil, I believe. (1 Cor.11:14)

'For such are false apostles, deceitful workers,
transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
And no marvel;
for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also
be transformed as the ministers of righteousness;
whose end shall be according to their works.'

(2 Cor. 11:13-15)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God was so Angry that He wanted to French-Fry everyone. Let My Wrath Wax Hot against them!
hmm, other perspectives there; testing Moses, iow. Imo if He had wanted to, He coulda, right

Is there anything besides food that can be polluted by Idols?

is food really even in perspective there, in light of "silly human! don't you know that whatever you eat passes through the body, and is eliminated?" (para)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The things of this world are obvious
are they?
but the subtlety of religion is far more deceptive; and equally destructive to the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus.
ah ok
We are made, 'complete' in Him, and 'accepted in the Beloved':
ok, not being funny here, could you define this "we?"
anything which would add to this, which would require anything other than simple trust in the efficacy of His finished sacrificial work
hmm
is equal to idolatry in it's evil
prolly just a semantics issue for me i guess

Last edited: