What does the Bible say about Sexual Immorality?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Darling, you just gave me three benevolences!" :D

I better stop it. This is a serious thread.
Well, I did a quick search and what I’m reading says that the withholding of sex in a marriage is sexual immorality. It’s linked to one of the Ten Commandments, theft, and can lead to incontinency.
1 Corinthians 7:5 KJV
[5] Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I did a quick search and what I’m reading says that the withholding of sex in a marriage is sexual immorality. It’s linked to one of the Ten Commandments, theft, and can lead to incontinency.
1 Corinthians 7:5 KJV
[5] Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
I was listening to John MacArthur expound on that passage, and he noted that "Not tonight, dear; I'm praying and fasting" should not replace "Not tonight; I have a headache" as the go-to excuse, and I thought, "Y'know, that's the closest I've ever heard John MacArthur come to making a dirty joke".

Reactions: Waiting on him

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is actually about one or both of the two being married. If a single man looks with lust at a married woman, he is committing adultery. Or if a married woman looks at a single man with lust in her heart, she is committing adultery. Or if both of the parties are married to someone else and they look at each other with lust in their hearts, they are committing adultery. It is the foreplay of the actual act.

If single people looked at other single people without lust, nobody would get married. Now if they acted on that lust before getting married or just casual dating like the world, that is the sin of fornication.

1 Corinthians 7:
8 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; 9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Then there are the depraved. Those who burn with lust for the same gender, or an animal. They will not inherit the kingdom of God, UNLESS they get Spirit-filled and exhibit the spiritual fruit of self-control. But no practicing homosexual, even one who accepts Christ, will be saved, anymore than a practicing adulterer or fornicator.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If single people looked at other single people without lust, nobody would get married. Now if they acted on that lust before getting married or just casual dating like the world, that is the sin of fornication.
Doesn't that merely change the sin from "Adultery in the heart" to "fornication in the heart"?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please feel free to share Bible scripture, or your testimony when it pertains to Sexual Immorality.

In the Bible there are scriptures that pertain to sexual immorality. A good question to answer would be, what does the Bible say about sexual immorality?

Also what does the Bible say about the husband and the wife when it comes to being together with one another? If there are some biblical narratives one can point at to be able to look and see about it.

Jesus said if you look up a woman with lust in your heart you committed adultery, i believe. What do you think about when Jesus says this? Some relate it as spiritual adultery having choose something other than God to love first instead.

If anyone would like to share, please feel free to do so.
When Jesus said:

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

He was warning not to allow yourself to lust after a woman as it opens the door to acting in sin. In other words, it is a cocked pistol which is not wise. I don't think having lust in your heart is necessarily sinning although it's unwise. We will all be tempted by Satan with lust. Does that mean when we have lust thru temptation we have sinned? No it does not. But Jesus was teaching us to reject the lust so we are less tempted to act in sin.

Reactions: MatthewG

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural. (Romans 1:26)

Do vibrators and such toys fall in this category? Is it okay for a husband to use a vibrator to help him fulfill his 1 Corinthians 7:3 obligation to render due benevolence(s) unto his wife?

Just asking.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious if a woman is considered a harlot and no daughter of God…would that make the man joined in sexual immortality to that harlot the same as her ‘one flesh’.
Yes. But God declares her and the children they have clean for the man (and vice versa for the woman as applies).

"14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified (made clean for contact) through his believing wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified (made clean for contact) through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy." 1 Corinthians 7:14

Should he not flee from her then? ‘What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.’
1 Corinthians 6:13-16
I believe Paul makes it clear that we should not marry an unbeliever to begin with, but we do have the precedent in scripture of God commanding Hosea to marry a woman of harlotry. Jesus married a woman of harlotry...us (no need to get in the technicalities of whether or not we're actually married to him yet, or just betrothed). Jesus has this distinct supernatural quality about him that whatever touches him becomes holy. He's the good apple in the basket of apples that turns all the rotten ones good, instead of the bad apples corrupting the good one as we are accustomed to.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious if a woman is considered a harlot and no daughter of God…would that make the man joined in sexual immortality to that harlot the same as her ‘one flesh’. Should he not flee from her then? ‘What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.’
1 Corinthians 6:13-16
In another forum, a woman told the story about her brother who fell in love with the hooker he was patronizing. That oxytocin bonding hormone can be pretty powerful.

Anyway, we men are supposed to avoid patronizing prostitutes, period.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was listening to John MacArthur expound on that passage, and he noted that "Not tonight, dear; I'm praying and fasting" should not replace "Not tonight; I have a headache" as the go-to excuse, and I thought, "Y'know, that's the closest I've ever heard John MacArthur come to making a dirty joke".
Paul says that both are to consent to this period of abstinence.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That oxytocin bonding hormone can be pretty powerful.
That's why once you open the Pandora's box of sexual activity you can not close it. That is by God's design to illustrate the bond between Christ and the church. But in the natural that addiction to sex can be more of a distress in life than a pleasure.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example, if a single man fantasizes about sex with multiple different women (hopefully separately, not at the same time), he can't marry them all.

Paul said if you can't control yourself... That is a fruit of the Spirit that needs to become mature. Paul recommendation is for that man to MARRY.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In another forum, a woman told the story about her brother who fell in love with the hooker he was patronizing. That oxytocin bonding hormone can be pretty powerful.

Anyway, we men are supposed to avoid patronizing prostitutes, period.
I was beginning to wonder when someone would bring up the oxytocin.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why once you open the Pandora's box of sexual activity you can not close it. That is by God's design to illustrate the bond between Christ and the church. But in the natural that addiction to sex can be more of a distress in life than a pleasure.
So is it possible to be intimate without oxytocin, in the flesh that is?

In other words let’s say a man and a woman are married over 30 years, then the woman decides I don’t have sex any longer, no touching, no kissing, nothing. How does a man of God manage a relationship of this type?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still equate this to working a job. Imagine going to work faithfully 250 days a year if not more, and at the end of each week boss man hands out the checks but not for you. Only waves it in your face and says. If only you’d have tried a little harder. Lol. This is theft, defrauding!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created sex for us to multiply.

It is healthy for a husband to say to his wife, hey I’m gonna go and have sex with other women and I’ll come tend to you later?

Is that healthy or a good marriage which involves loving God and loving others first?

Is it healthy for a couple, to go ahead and have more in their couple as in open relationship, having multiple relationship and both parties are actually okay with it?

It seems to each of you this is a very subjective subject in how you may view the subject Sexually Immorality.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is healthy for a husband to say to his wife, hey I’m gonna go and have sex with other women and I’ll come tend to you later?

Is that healthy or a good marriage which involves loving God and loving others first?

Is it healthy for a couple, to go ahead and have more in their couple as in open relationship, having multiple relationship and both parties are actually okay with it?

It seems to each of you this is a very subjective subject in how you may view the subject Sexually Immorality.
Lol I’m still looking for true words sexual immorality in the scripture.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol I’m still looking for true words sexual immorality in the scripture.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t understand. Okay though.

Thanks you all who were curious about this bible topic.

If anyone else would like to share testimony or any other scriptures or thoughts, on the subject Sexual immorality. Please feel free to do so if you desire.

I believe it is good to be open and talk about these subjects, for the - sexual part of us can be fed dark things - illicit sex to the point of child abuse, spouse abuse (through rage and anger), Rape cases, sexual exploitation, sex trafficking, anything that dwells in the deep dark waters of the sea. You can see Innumerable evidences for these via crime interrogations.

Therefore is sexual immorality a good thing? That depends on your subjective thinking. We know God created sex for procreation, he made man and woman.

He said it was not good for man to be alone, so he made a woman who was deemed as a helper, support, comforter, and the one who would be the mother. The man would work and till the land. Of course in society today, both men and women work.