What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(kriss;2855)
What does the Bible teach about the Trinity?"
The Godhead consists of three entities. The term God (divine) is applied to the Father (Rom. 1: 7), the Son (Heb. 1: 8), and the Holy Spirit (Acts 5: 3, 4). While three entities comprise the Godhead (state of being God), they are one in nature, purpose, and thinking (cf. Jn. 14: 8-11). The scriptures never refer to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Godhead) as gods. When "gods" is used, it refers to idols or pagan pantheons (Ex. 12: 12). Moreover, it is significant that the Hebrew adjective of singularity (one) is used with the plural noun God (Elohim). "Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord" (Deut. 6: 4). Notwithstanding, the scriptures clearly present three separate and distinct entities or personalities: 2 Cor. 13: 14, Eph. 4: 4-6, Matt. 3: 13-17. The scriptures reveal no degrees of deity. Hence, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-existent, co-eternal, and co-equal. A careful study of the nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit reveals a nature, properties, and characteristics which can only be found concerning God (theios). While there are circumstantial variations (i.e. the incarnation), such a study reveals no variations in the essential nature of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. If there had been any varying degrees and gradations of deity (such is really impossible, God is either God or not God, Isa. 46: 5-10), the incarnation would have been the opportunity. However, Jesus, in the flesh, remained God, modernism and some of my brethren to the contrary notwithstanding. Jesus did not "leave his essential nature in heaven (deity, dm) when he came to earth" (2 Cor. 8: 9). He simply disrobed himself of all the grandeur of deity which he enjoyed in heaven (Phili. 2: 6-10)

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
Jesus Himself claimed the personality of all three. We can also claim to be made of three. Flesh, soul and spirit. God said He made us in His image and as Paul said we can understand God by witnessing what has been created.

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(kriss;2871)
The Godhead consists of three entities.
So there are three Gods, not one.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
(servant_of_the_end;2889)
Jesus Himself claimed the personality of all three. We can also claim to be made of three. Flesh, soul and spirit. God said He made us in His image and as Paul said we can understand God by witnessing what has been created.
I agree with your first statement and I agree with Kriss; it could be either way. Jesus said when you see him; you see the father. And I've heard it Kriss's way. We don't know; now do we? Yet there are characters running around the internet yelling heresy every time someone disagrees with their point of view ever so slightly. How many church denominations do we have? Apostle Paul said, is Christ divided?Apostle John said the antichrist is one that says Christ did not come in the flesh.