What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
the carnal nature disappeared. It was a "supernatural religious experience" on 2/9/77. If the carnal nature is still there as you say, it must have starved to death from lack of feeding. Besides which it hasn't said a peep for 44 years.

Do you recall asking me about my sex life, here on the Forum?
Do you recall accusing me of being a Gnostic, without any proof?
So, take it from me, your carnal nature is alive and well, as ive witnessed it on this Forum.
And if you deny it, you just proved it again.

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, take it from me, your carnal nature is alive and well, as ive witnessed it on this Forum.

Just like everything else I imagine, we all have varying degrees of self-awareness.

I always go back to Paul in 1 Corinthians 4, that even though he's not aware of any sin, that didn't mean, in his mind, that he thought he was sinless. He realized that he doesn't know himself well enough to make that declaration.

He realized that Jesus was fit to judge him, as Jesus knows what's really in the heart.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I asked you that, because it is the strongest drive of the carnal nature. If you are born again, that drive is pure. So you are not the first I've asked to test themselves, nor the last. It seems I touched a nerve...

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't find it takes a lot of work. In fact, it is harder to sin than it is to be righteous. When you go against your new nature, your conscience would be sounding a huge alarm. But obeying your conscience is peaceful silence. There is no struggle at all to just be righteous. And the assurance that you are pleasing God is all I ever wanted, even when I wasn't saved, and couldn't please Him because I was a slave to sin and just studied the Law of Moses. Finally, I just asked God to be righteous for me, and THAT is when I was finally filled with His Spirit, and the carnal nature disappeared. It was a "supernatural religious experience" on 2/9/77. If the carnal nature is still there as you say, it must have starved to death from lack of feeding. Besides which it hasn't said a peep for 44 years.

Yes our supernatural God without nature as a beginning (without mother or father beginning of Spirit life or end thereof.) You speak of some supernatural experience and being filled with the Holy Spirit as some sort of idea called Charismatic. sign gift?

Is that rather than walking by faith?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, I asked you that, because it is the strongest drive of the carnal nature. If you are born again, that drive is pure. So you are not the first I've asked to test themselves, nor the last. It seems I touched a nerve...

Oh, i have no nerve about it, but, you asked me 2x, in different posts.
And its fascinating that you actually think you should be doing this on a Public Christian Forum.
So, Did you want to ask me again?
Why do you feel its necessary to ask a male forum member about his sex life?
What is wrong with you, is the question im asking?
This type of behavior does not reflect a sound mind.

Also, you stated for weeks that im a "gnostic" and never did you post any gnositic material.
So, you tried to impugn me with your carnal opinion, because you had no way to state your argument that wasn't an obvious deceit, and you were angry.
This is carnal behavior.
Carnal behavior does not reflect your so called sinlessness.
Just wanted you to know.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I always go back to Paul in 1 Corinthians 4, that even though he's not aware of any sin, that didn't mean, in his mind, that he thought he was sinless.

Paul came to this conclusion.

"Christ always gives me the Victory".

Paul said..>"as many as be PERFECT"......

So, that is not anything less than to be so.

Christ was TEMPTED, as we are..
This means He had THOUGHTS that were temptations........
This didnt keep Him from being sinless.

So, there is our mind that has to be renewed, and in this mind can be found all sorts of devilment.
Your spirit is born again, but your mind isn't.
You have to RENEW it.

We are not our mind, we are our SPIRIT.....which is become a "New Creation", and this is as sinless as God, as its His Righteousness that we have become.
How can we be "ONE WITH GOD" and be a "sinner"?
How can we be "in Christ" and be a sinner?
If you are taught you are a sinner and you are born again, then you are listening to a heretic.

We are not what we use to be, we are become what God has recreated us to become.....which is a New Creation.
If a believer has thinking issues, or has self control issues, then that is all it is........its not who they are, its only the artifacts and the sin consciousness that is found when a person does not have a renewed mind and is walking in the Spirit.

You probably recall that Satan was cast out of Heaven, because INIQUITY was found IN HIM.

So, if we have sin IN US, as justbyfaith teaches, and Satan was cast out of heaven for having sin in him, then what does that tell you?

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not our mind, we are our SPIRIT.....which is become a "New Creation", and this is as sinless as God, as its His Righteousness that we have become.
How can we be "ONE WITH GOD" and be a "sinner"?
How can we be "in Christ" and be a sinner?
If you are taught you are a sinner and you are born again, then you are listening to a heretic.
Don't ignore what scripture says about the flesh....
Our New Born Spirit which is born of Him faces a challenge in daily living...the flesh...
Gal 5 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁴ For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
¹⁵ But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
¹⁶ I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
¹⁷ For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

1Cor 15 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴² So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
⁴³ It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
⁴⁴ It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
⁴⁵ And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

⁵² in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
⁵³ For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
⁵⁴ So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Don't ignore what scripture says about the flesh....
Our New Born Spirit which is born of Him faces a challenge in daily living...the flesh...
Gal 5 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁴ For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
¹⁵ But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
¹⁶ I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
¹⁷ For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

Go here :

The cause of discipleship failure

If you will continue to read.
Dont stop there, as that is what many do....but keep on reading until you come to the place where Paul tells you...

"Christ always Gives ME the Victory".

Not sometimes.
Not after you confess again.

So, yes, the flesh, which is your MIND, if its not renewed, is going to be a real issue for you.
Renewing your mind, is first and foremost to understand that God is always at peace with you, no matter how you behave, because the BLood of Jesus, established this when you were born again.
You have to live HERE..... Hebrews 13:9
"heart established" = Grace

A sinning and confessing and struggling Christian, is not the "Christ always gives me the Victory", perfected that Paul teaches that you are to become.
The sin confessing christian is a baby christian....Is a carnal believer.
The sinning confessing are walking in the wrong mind, that is wrong believing, and in that state of mind, God's Grace can't perfect you.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will continue to read.
Dont stop there, as that is what many do....but keep on reading until you come to the place where Paul tells you...

"Christ always Gives ME the Victory".

Not sometimes.
Not after you confess again.

So, yes, the flesh, which is your MIND, if its not renewed, is going to be a real issue for you.
Renewing your mind, is first and foremost to understand that God is always at peace with you, no matter how you behave, because the BLood of Jesus, established this when you were born again.
You have to live HERE..... Hebrews 13:9
"heart established" = Grace

A sinning and confessing and struggling Christian, is not the "Christ always gives me the Victory", perfected that Paul teaches that you are to become.
The sin confessing christian is a baby christian....Is a carnal believer.
The sinning confessing are walking in the wrong mind, that is wrong believing, and in that state of mind, God's Grace can't perfect you.
The flesh is not our mind....
We are Body, Mind (soul) and Spirit and according to medical professionals all 3 must be addressed to achieve the best outcome.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well said, St. Patricia.
StPatricia.jpg

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The flesh is not our mind....
We are Body, Mind (soul) and Spirit and according to medical professionals all 3 must be addressed to achieve the best outcome.

When you read of "controlling your flesh" or "reckoning it dead", Paul is talking about your mind.
He's not talking about your stomach or your neck or your hair.
You are told that your flesh is crucified with Christ.
So, if that is your body, how could you still be breathing?

You are to renew you MIND, which is the other part of you that is not born again.
Your body and your mind are not born again. You get a new body later, and you are to renew your mind, every day.
Your Spirit is "One with God", which is perfected.

The soul realm, is the mind..this is the "flesh", and you are to "reckon it dead". and not walk in it.
Temptations occur in your mind. (soul realm)
Its the mind that HEARS the gospel...
IF you are "fallen from Grace" you are "in the FLESH". or, in a wrong belief system that is in your head. ( deceived mind). (mind blinded by the devil).
2nd Corinthians 4:4

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, I asked you that, because it is the strongest drive of the carnal nature. If you are born again, that drive is pure.

You think the sex drive is purified by being born again?
Not hardly.
The only thing that is purified is the born again spirit.
The SEX DRIVE, is connected to the mind, which is not born again, and its connected to the body, which is not born again.
You have very bizarre theology.
It defies logic, nature, and the New Testament.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you read of "controlling your flesh" or "reckoning it dead", Paul is talking about your mind.
He's not talking about your stomach or your neck or your hair.
You are told that your flesh is crucified with Christ.
So, if that is your body, how could you still be breathing?

You are to renew you MIND, which is the other part of you that is not born again.
Your body and your mind are not born again. You get a new body later, and you are to renew your mind, every day.
Your Spirit is "One with God", which is perfected.

The soul realm, is the mind..this is the "flesh", and you are to "reckon it dead". and not walk in it.
Temptations occur in your mind. (soul realm)
Its the mind that HEARS the gospel...
IF you are "fallen from Grace" you are "in the FLESH". or, in a wrong belief system that is in your head. ( deceived mind). (mind blinded by the devil).
2nd Corinthians 4:4
My mind has been renewed...be not conformed to the world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind....
The flesh is what Satan tempts with worldly things....what feels good, looks good, smells good, taste good, and sounds good....
Satan also enters our mind and puts negative thoughts contrary to His Word causing us to fear and doubt...
Satan also tempts our spiritual being by subtly getting us distracted and eventually worshipping worldly idols...getting some so spiritually weak they can't even pray anymore.

Jesus was tempted 3 times in the wilderness.
Flesh: he had fasted 40 days and nights and Satan tried to tempt him to eat knowing he was hungry.

Mind: Satan took Jesus and sat him on the highest point of the temple and said IF you are the Son of God,
throw yourself down. For it is written
“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”
Spirit: Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

So whether you fully understand how the enemy works or not is between you and God...
As for myself, I stay alert to every tactic Satan tries to use against me...whether through my flesh, my mind, or my spirit.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was going to play some Johnny Winter, but I've got to remember, "First things first." Lol

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think the sex drive is purified by being born again?
Not hardly.
The only thing that is purified is the born again spirit.
The SEX DRIVE, is connected to the mind, which is not born again, and its connected to the body, which is not born again.
You have very bizarre theology.
It defies logic, nature, and the New Testament.

You are wrong as usual...

We are given the mind of Christ.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes our supernatural God without nature as a beginning (without mother or father beginning of Spirit life or end thereof.) You speak of some supernatural experience and being filled with the Holy Spirit as some sort of idea called Charismatic. sign gift?

Is that rather than walking by faith?

God is Spirit, so of course Him dwelling inside us is supernatural. If you are against the gifts of the Spirit, you must have a holey Bible.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Spirit, so of course Him dwelling inside us is supernatural. If you are against the gifts of the Spirit, you must have a holey Bible.

I am not against the spiritual unseen gifts of the Holy Spirit . Can't see a spirit . The bible does not teach of sign gifts . We walk by faith the unseen gift.

'You will not find the two words "sign and gift" working as one doctrine

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are wrong as usual...

We are given the mind of Christ.

If we are ALL given the mind of Christ, then there would never be any theological dispute, or any confusion among believers, or 4000 denominations.
We'd all automatically have the same MIND.
But we don't....So your theology is error, as usual.

Think of it like this, Charismatic.....If we all had the MIND of Christ, then would we ALL be be told by Paul to "renew our minds"? Why would we need to renew Christ's mind.
So, try not to let that reality check leave you in a stupor.
So, you are theologicaly clueless, pretending to be an authority.
Also, as i reminded you yesterday, if a person over 60 yrs old has a sound mind, a woman, then she is not going to be asking a male believer about his sex life, on a Christian forum.
Keep that in your mind.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'You will not find the two words "sign and gift" working as one doctrine
I Corinthians 14, if memory serves, prophecy and tongues are given as signs.

1 Corinthians 14:21-25 KJV
21) In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
22) Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
23) If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
24) But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
25) And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Here, the gift is a sign, but for who? The unbeliever.

But to what you are saying, I agree, our walk is by faith and NOT by sight.

Much love!