What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda like this?

2 Corinthians 6:8-12 KJV
[8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. [12] Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome question.

Here is your Biblical answer....

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

There are 2 Truthers!!!

The spirit Truther is saved and the flesh Truther is not.

LOL You did it again! I recognize those verses from Romans 7, but go further a couple verses into the next chapter to find that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2. So, T, The Spirit has freed Paul from the verses you quoted, which is the LAW. Christians are under the SPIRIT, not the old LAW. The Spirit has written God's laws on our heart now, and we are freed from the sin nature that those under the law had to attempt to keep the laws with - a constant struggle. Walking in the Spirit is no struggle at all.

I have found that invariably, those who mistake 1 John 1:8 to be about a Christian, believes that Romans 7:14-25 is about a Christian too. LOL Make sure you start to read in context, even if the rest of the Church doesn't. I find it hilarious. Always test the spirits to see if what is being preached is actually true. You'll find Jesus is not a liar. But false teachers are! I've been in a number of denominations, and have now given them all up. It is the blind leading the blind. Go to church for fellowship, but be a Berean and see if the pastor is teaching the truth. Study on your own, and pray for the Spirit to teach you.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL You did it again! I recognize those verses from Romans 7, but go further a couple verses into the next chapter to find that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2. So, T, The Spirit has freed Paul from the verses you quoted, which is the LAW. Christians are under the SPIRIT, not the old LAW. The Spirit has written God's laws on our heart now, and we are freed from the sin nature that those under the law had to attempt to keep the laws with - a constant struggle. Walking in the Spirit is no struggle at all.

I have found that invariably, those who mistake 1 John 1:8 to be about a Christian, believes that Romans 7:14-25 is about a Christian too. LOL Make sure you start to read in context, even if the rest of the Church doesn't. I find it hilarious. Always test the spirits to see if what is being preached is actually true. You'll find Jesus is not a liar. But false teachers are! I've been in a number of denominations, and have now given them all up. It is the blind leading the blind. Go to church for fellowship, but be a Berean and see if the pastor is teaching the truth. Study on your own, and pray for the Spirit to teach you.
Romans 8 does not negate Romans 7.

Is your flesh or spirit saved?

Does your flesh(carnality) fully cooperate with your spirit?

Does our flesh age and die?

Does our spirit age and die?

Do we get a new flesh body and nature to house our existing spirit person upon the resurrection?

Did the sinner in Corinth have his flesh turned over to satan so the spirit could be saved?

Do you and all Christians(including me) find some personal fleshly carnal resistance towards holiness and the things of God?

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8 does not negate Romans 7.

Is your flesh or spirit saved?

Does your flesh(carnality) fully cooperate with your spirit?

Does our flesh age and die?

Does our spirit age and die?

Do we get a new flesh body and nature to house our existing spirit person upon the resurrection?

Did the sinner in Corinth have his flesh turned over to satan so the spirit could be saved?

Do you and all Christians(including me) find some personal fleshly carnal resistance towards holiness and the things of God?

T, my friend, when Paul uses "flesh" he is speaking of our nature. Those who are born again of the Spirit partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4. In Romans 8:9 how are we not in our body when in the Spirit? No, we are not in the carnal nature when the Spirit of God indwells us.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T, my friend, when Paul uses "flesh" he is speaking of our nature. Those who are born again of the Spirit partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4. In Romans 8:9 how are we not in our body when in the Spirit? No, we are not in the carnal nature when the Spirit of God indwells us.
Right, but our carnal nature does not go away until we die or are caught up.

It just gets crucified and hung on the cross of self denial until we stop denying self.

This is why Paul says the only stipulation to be free from the Law(which judges human carnality and carnal nature) is to walk and be led of the Spirit....Gal 5.

Yes, there is a way to walk, minimizing our carnality, but it takes alot of work.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there is a way to walk, minimizing our carnality, but it takes alot of work.

I don't find it takes a lot of work. In fact, it is harder to sin than it is to be righteous. When you go against your new nature, your conscience would be sounding a huge alarm. But obeying your conscience is peaceful silence. There is no struggle at all to just be righteous. And the assurance that you are pleasing God is all I ever wanted, even when I wasn't saved, and couldn't please Him because I was a slave to sin and just studied the Law of Moses. Finally, I just asked God to be righteous for me, and THAT is when I was finally filled with His Spirit, and the carnal nature disappeared. It was a "supernatural religious experience" on 2/9/77. If the carnal nature is still there as you say, it must have starved to death from lack of feeding. Besides which it hasn't said a peep for 44 years.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't find it takes a lot of work. In fact, it is harder to sin than it is to be righteous. When you go against your new nature, your conscience would be sounding a huge alarm. But obeying your conscience is peaceful silence. There is no struggle at all to just be righteous. And the assurance that you are pleasing God is all I ever wanted, even when I wasn't saved, and couldn't please Him because I was a slave to sin and just studied the Law of Moses. Finally, I just asked God to be righteous for me, and THAT is when I was finally filled with His Spirit, and the carnal nature disappeared. It was a "supernatural religious experience" on 2/9/77. If the carnal nature is still there as you say, it must have starved to death from lack of feeding. Besides which it hasn't said a peep for 44 years.
I bet you just love fasting etc.

Your carnal man can't wait, right?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a good day to deny myself
It is a good day to take up my cross
It is a good day to follow Christ
And count it all as loss. - Truman Coates

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would say, Stop. And return to enjoying your fellowship with God.

And, If I've hurt another by my fleshy works, go and make it right with them. Apologize. Make restitution.

We are already reconciled to God, and if we've already received that reconciliation, then, we are reconciled to Him.

I find I generally want to apologize to God just the same!

Much love!
I think all we need to do is talk about it. To God. Honestly. Lying to God is just stupid
Tell Him why you did it. He knows already, but He wants you to be open. Honest. No excuses. . No reasoning. Doing that is humbling. Sometimes gut wrenching. But you'll never be closer to God...or He'll never be closer to you, than in this times when you need Him most, and He lives you most. Like your 3 year old grand daughter coming to you with tears in her eyes... Sorry poppy. Makes no difference what she did. You can't turn her away. You just want to take her up in your arms and love her to bits. God would do no less.

Reactions: marks

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't a clue what this has to do with my post. Did you understand it? All I know is it is suppose to be some kind of ugly slur. Feel better???
No slur.

I am saying that an active inner part of us does not like the things of God, correct?

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
This frequently quoted verse comes courtesy of the apostle Paul in his letters to the Roman church. The statement makes a grand declaration about all of humankind, a statement that has been true since Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Every person in every civilization on Earth has sinned. And with sin has come various consequences: separation from God, and a restricted ability to glorify His name.

Today, when this verse is evoked within sermons, the message is intended to communicate to believers that no one of us is perfect. Everyone has sins that they are facing, have faced, and others they will deal with in the future. This means that people are sinners from childhood up until the point of death. Adam and Eve fell short in their ability to glorify God. Believers today have their own struggles, which at times prohibit them from glorifying God. Paul’s words then echo a truth that is as accurate as it is timeless.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes perfect sense.

Of course it makes sense. It is Jesus' Spirit, the Spirit of Christ. He said the truth would set us free. Free from what? The old carnal nature that produced sin. John 8:32-36. The law of the SPIRIT of life in CHRIST, shall set me FREE from the law of SIN AND DEATH.

Reactions: Truther

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think all we need to do is talk about it. To God. Honestly. Lying to God is just stupid
Tell Him why you did it. He knows already, but He wants you to be open. Honest. No excuses. . No reasoning. Doing that is humbling. Sometimes gut wrenching. But you'll never be closer to God...or He'll never be closer to you, than in this times when you need Him most, and He lives you most. Like your 3 year old grand daughter coming to you with tears in her eyes... Sorry poppy. Makes no difference what she did. You can't turn her away. You just want to take her up in your arms and love her to bits. God would do no less.
Amen!

He is so good!

Reactions: Brakelite