What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do it because you have issues, that pretending to be spiritual is not going to solve.
That you admit that you feel a personal need to talk to born again males about their sex life in Public, is a shame to you, and is a revelation of your unsound mind's purpose.
That you can't even realize this, and continue to manifest open pride about this personal carnality, is carnally depraved behavior.

Deeply deceived People like you, start false innuendo in a Church, carnal gossip, and it ends up splitting a church and ruining it.
That's what you are, that is the definition of your Christianity.

I am a teacher, not just to women, but to men as well. I'm sorry I offended you.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So do you believe then as Behold that only our spirit is reborn, and not our mind?

The Bible says to renew our minds, So our minds are not perfect, God makes all things new, But its a result of been Given Gods spirit that brings life

John 4:29 John 1:48 are examples of the mind Jesus had, its shows that he was God to be able to hear prayers, you don't have a mind like that

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say, Stop. And return to enjoying your fellowship with God.

And, If I've hurt another by my fleshy works, go and make it right with them. Apologize. Make restitution.

We are already reconciled to God, and if we've already received that reconciliation, then, we are reconciled to Him.

I find I generally want to apologize to God just the same!

Much love!

Ultimately turn and repent of their sin, Mark, although that's sometimes easier to say than do. I have learned that "the way of escape" mentioned in scripture can sometimes be quite long in coming, but it will get there if one just keeps trusting God, praying for it, and believing.

Not sure if you were still discussing this thread, but that would be my answer if I had to give one.

Be blessed!
- H

Reactions: Grailhunter

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says to renew our minds, So our minds are not perfect, God makes all things new, But its a result of been Given Gods spirit that brings life

John 4:29 John 1:48 are examples of the mind Jesus had, its shows that he was God to be able to hear prayers, you don't have a mind like that

We have a new mind that desires to do the wil of God who works in us to both will or reveal, and empower us to perform the good will . If we do not have the mind of Christ then the rest of the armor is made void

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We have a new mind that desires to do the wil of God who works in us to both will or reveal, and empower us to perform the good will . If we do not have the mind of Christ then the rest of the armor is made void

Your mixing a few concepts there, how much does your mind have to work to stand, You can be given a mind to see and ears to hear, But only God is God, your teaching is dangerous you can hide a lot of false concepts behind it, But scripture explains it best

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know, pretend that you didn't?
Twist scripture until it fits one's understanding?
There are 45,000 denominations and instead of at least acknowledging this, people fight tooth and nail to prove what they believe is right.
Right?

Reactions: Gary Urban

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am a teacher, not just to women, but to men as well. I'm sorry I offended you.

Im not offended.

You are a deceiver, pretending to be a teacher.
Your theology isn't Pauline, isn't NT, and in fact much of it is your bizarre invention.

And FYI, questioning someone's marital faithfulness, because you feel like doing it, is not of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those who are born again have been given the mind of Christ.

The born again haven become a new creation.
THe new creation is the Spirit man and a enlightened conscience.
THe Mind, the soul realm, isn't redeemed. In fact its this very mind realm that is the flesh that has to be resolved.
When it isn't, you find the sinning and confessing Christian.
Obviously, if we all had the Mind of Jesus, instantly, we would not need to renew it, and we would never have any issues with wrong desire.
See, Jesus had no issue with WRONG DESIRE< because HIS MIND was not tainted.
What Jesus had to deal with was .

1. Being touched with the feelings of our infirmities.
2. Temptations.
3. Free will

Reactions: Truman

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes a dead spirit that lacks the power of the new mind

Gary,

we are told to "renew" our minds.

Being born again, is an interesting situation(s)
Let me list a few.

We are "In Christ", and "ONE WITH GOD", and we are "As Jesus IS so are the born again IN THIS WORLD".
We are "the righteousness of God in Christ"< we are "Blood Bought", we are "heirs of God and Joint heirs with Jesus", and we are "seated in heavenly places".

YET, here we are, in a dying aging body, with a mind , trying to work out our salvation that is already completed by God, but has to be lived out as our discipleship.

Here is something wonderful about Salvation, tho, it all wonderful.
The born again........we START FINISHED.
We start........>FINISHED.
In other words, we can't become more righteous, or more sanctified, as we are MADE RIGHTEOUS and Jesus has become our sanctification.
All we can do, is live and learn how to exit within what we have become as the Born again.
We dont eventually become a Saint, we are Made ONE the instant we are born again.
We dont have to try to be at peace with God, because the blood of Jesus keeps God at peace with us for eternity.

Discipleship for most Christians is a frequent failure, and a long slow grind, and that is exactly wrong.
It is supposed to be a Joy unspeakable and full of Glory.
And the reason its not for most, is because they have mentally shifted God's mercy off of themselves, and have put the burden of trying to stay accepted by God, on themselves.

Reactions: marks

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gary,

we are told to "renew" our minds.

Being born again, is an interesting situation(s)
Let me list a few.

We are "In Christ", and "ONE WITH GOD", and we are "As Jesus IS so are the born again IN THIS WORLD".
We are "the righteousness of God in Christ"< we are "Blood Bought", we are "heirs of God and Joint heirs with Jesus", and we are "seated in heavenly places".

YET, here we are, in a dying aging body, with a mind , trying to work out our salvation that is already completed by God, but has to be lived out as our discipleship.

Here is something wonderful about Salvation, tho, it all wonderful.
The born again........we START FINISHED.
We start........>FINISHED.
In other words, we can't become more righteous, or more sanctified, as we are MADE RIGHTEOUS and Jesus has become our sanctification.
All we can do, is live and learn how to exit within what we have become as the Born again.
We dont eventually become a Saint, we are Made ONE the instant we are born again.
We dont have to try to be at peace with God, because the blood of Jesus keeps God at peace with us for eternity.

Discipleship for most Christians is a frequent failure, and a long slow grind, and that is exactly wrong.
And the reason its not for most, is because they have mentally shifted God's mercy off of themselves, and have put the burden of trying to stay accepted by God, on themselves.

Yes we are to renew our new born again minds by letting the mind of Christ dwell in us .That is a work he performs with us in us making our load lighter.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your mixing a few concepts there, how much does your mind have to work to stand, You can be given a mind to see and ears to hear, But only God is God, your teaching is dangerous you can hide a lot of false concepts behind it, But scripture explains it best

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Scripture the revealing of God's mind is alway the best it reveals the mysteries hid from them that have no understanding or desire to search out . It would seem that God has purposely wrote the Bible so it would be difficult to discover many truths of His faith as a labor of His love..

What concepts do you think I am mixing? Parables which without the Holy Spirt spoke not they are designed to teach us how to walk by faith as we rightly divide them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes we are to renew our new born again minds by letting the mind of Christ dwell in us .That is a work he performs with us in us making our load lighter.

Salvation is all of God. "The Gift of Salvation". Philippians 1:6 Hebrews 12:12

Whereas, discipleship (working out our salvation)... which does not mean to try not to lose it... it literally means to learn how to function within it.....and this is all of us with God's help.

Salvation puts you HERE = "translated from DARKNESS TO LIGHT." .... So, this means the born again have become a PART of God's Eternal life, or "One with God, and Christ".

We now EXIST THERE....that is our "New Creation in Christ" state of being, state of existence.
We are in THERE, yet we live in a body on earth at the same time.

So, the TRICK, the KEY,....is to learn how to have a MIND that flows with our Oneness with God, while we are stuck down here in an earth suit waiting to get a new body.

When we achieve this MIND.... we are then "walking in the Spirit", and this happens based on RIGHT BELIEVING.

Until a Believer achieves this revelation, they will sin and confess, and fail, and think that this is what they are supposed to do, which is the wrong mind (of the flesh) or the "natural mind"... and its a deceived mind which cannot receive the things of God.

When you meet a "christian" who thinks they can lose their salvation, then you are dealing with someone who has a "natural mind", which is deceived, and can't receive the things of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've come to see this slow grind as me trying to improve my character by sheer force of will, and the joy unspeakable is finding I can walk with God by trusting Him, and I don't have to "improve my character", because He is living through me, and my life is what He makes it.

It's like, spending years learning to walk, compared to Daddy grabbing my hands and swinging me forward as He walks.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not offended.

You are a deceiver, pretending to be a teacher.
Your theology isn't Pauline, isn't NT, and in fact much of it is your bizarre invention.

And FYI, questioning someone's marital faithfulness, because you feel like doing it, is not of God.

I never was unfaithful to my husband. That is why when he divorced me to marry his mistress, he didn't have cause so I am still married in the sight of God. And still after 20 years my husband is the last man I kissed. I am still faithful to him, and most importantly, to GOD.

And you ARE offended, because you see, you haven't let it go, let alone believe the reason why any teacher would question a male teacher about the most powerful drive to make their teaching from the devil and not God. It appears I touched a nerve in yourself, so unlike me who YOU asked, you won't answer the same question.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again haven become a new creation.
THe new creation is the Spirit man and a enlightened conscience.
THe Mind, the soul realm, isn't redeemed. In fact its this very mind realm that is the flesh that has to be resolved.
When it isn't, you find the sinning and confessing Christian.
Obviously, if we all had the Mind of Jesus, instantly, we would not need to renew it, and we would never have any issues with wrong desire.
See, Jesus had no issue with WRONG DESIRE< because HIS MIND was not tainted.
What Jesus had to deal with was .

1. Being touched with the feelings of our infirmities.
2. Temptations.
3. Free will

Well, it appears you cannot be taught as you are not teachable. So I hope not too many itching ears will seek out your teaching. You already have some, as I see your likes. The blind leading the blind. Okay, I'm done trying with you. I'll have to let God judge you later. I'm brushing the dirt off my feet. You are not going on ignore.

Reactions: Grailhunter

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, it appears you cannot be taught as you are not teachable. So I hope not too many itching ears will seek out your teaching. You already have some, as I see your likes. The blind leading the blind. Okay, I'm done trying with you. I'll have to let God judge you later. I'm brushing the dirt off my feet. You are not going on ignore.

Beholds a great teacher, one of the best I have ever seen online a quick view of the threads he makes "
Jesus is : Eternal Security"
Entire Sanctification
Grace : As The Mercy of God
How To See The Light
What does it mean to be born again?
How to live in Victory
Its all of God
Hell
How did God do it all
How to walk = IN The Light.
What is Eternal Life ?
Predestined (THE Born Again) = Elect

You are no longer: the "old man".
Stop Struggling with Sin
What is : The Meat of the word
What is : The Meat of the word

And that is a tiny sample of what he teaches, what a champ, Read some of his posts you might learn something new

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Scripture the revealing of God's mind is alway the best it reveals the mysteries hid from them that have no understanding or desire to search out . It would seem that God has purposely wrote the Bible so it would be difficult to discover many truths of His faith as a labor of His love..

What concepts do you think I am mixing? Parables which without the Holy Spirt spoke not they are designed to teach us how to walk by faith as we rightly divide them.

You have trouble staying on point, it shows in your answer, you offer nothing substantial, read it...I was showing From the Bible how Jesus Mind was different than yours so you present a mystery to hide behind...Don't get confused with the simplicity that is in Christ, The truth is easy to believe, But games aside the bible is spiritually discerned the natural man can't understand it, If you have the holy spirit you don't need man, it rules out the need for false teachers, Jesus real sheep will not follow the voice of another, you are free to teach from the bible tho, which I haven't seen as of yet