What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark I want to ask you a plain question, who is confessing sins here. read verse 9 above again.... and then tell me who is confessing their sins. will be looking for your answer.
I think it would be the sinner who confesses sins. And then they are born again. And that which is born of God does not do sin.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, Mark I answered your question... but that's ok...let me deal with Michiah-Imla, and I'll get back to you... ok.

101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Whatever color you like!

You keep saying you've answered, but I can't find those answers. Maybe if you were to simplify?

For instance, a simple yes or no is fine on this,

As a born again child of God, are your sins unforgiven until you confess them and ask forgiveness?

Much love!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I would say, Stop. And return to enjoying your fellowship with God.

And, If I've hurt another by my fleshy works, go and make it right with them. Apologize. Make restitution.

We are already reconciled to God, and if we've already received that reconciliation, then, we are reconciled to Him.

I find I generally want to apologize to God just the same!

Much love!

A real born again Christian does not sin:
1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin
Nor does he do “fleshly works”, for:
Galatians 5:24
...they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
And furthermore, There is no future re-reconciliation.
Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

Well Michiah-Imla..... you started off with flying colors.... then took a sharp left, flew off the chain, and ended up theologically underwater in the heretical ditch.

But that first verse you posted hit the bullseye head on.

So, Saint..... what is the confusion most believers have about this "sinning and confessing" situation?
Its simply that they do not realize or do not believe that Jesus became their sin, and bore it all.

A.) ALL

Here is what the average Pulpit Heretic teaches today.

"Jesus saved you, and all your sins are gone, from the first one, till TODAY,..... but tomorrow, you are responsible, and so, what you do, is forget the blood of Christ and start to believe that you keep yourself sin free and SAVED.... in fellowship with God by confessing your sin"....

How many are in that group?
How many preach that heresy?

This group actually thinks like this.....>"im saved till i sin, then im kinda lost, or my fellowship with God is broken, and so what I DO, is I I I I. I I I I I me, me , me.........confess so that MY confession, gets God's Grace back on me and im SAVED AGAIN, till my next sin".

So, really?
REALLY ? !

Listen...
Is Salvation The Cross + Confession ???
Is The Blood Atonement .....the Blood + Your remembering to confess all you sin?
Is Salvation what Jesus did, plus what you do next?

Thats a NO.

Saint,
What does confessing your sin, do?
= It makes you feel better.
Thats it.
And why is that it?
Its because God has already accepted the BLood of His SON, on your behalf to keep you always in peace with Him and always righteous.

Now think.....ready....???

1.) What has the power to redeem...Christ's Blood or your confession of the same sin, 87 times?

2.) What has the power to keep you saved ? Is it the Power of the Blood of Jesus, or is it YOU. ???

If its YOU< then keep on confessing, and believe that your confession has more power than the Blood of Jesus, as that is what you think now.

But if you realize that your confession has no POWER at all, and all power is in the BLOOD of JESUS that Keeps you CLEAN, keeps you PURE, keeps you RIGHTEOUS, and Keeps you SAVED.......then if you ever realize this, then you'll have found the REVELATION of = the GRACE of GOD.

Thats the revelation, and that is how you "walk in the Light". That is how you Believe Right.
Not many find it.
And to find it, you have to get your eyes off of YOU, and keep them on CHRIST.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if you realize that your confession has no POWER at all,
Confession is a product of surrender. We simply give in to God. Having surrendered to God, we now agree with Him, and so we confess - homologia, say the same thing as - our sin. God says we've sinned. So now, by confess, we say the same thing, we've sinned.

Now that we are in agreement with Him, He removes are sin, and fully cleanses us.

@101G asked me, who confesses sin? The sinner does. And then they stop being a sinner, being cleansed.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

Puzzling OP.

Are you calling a "Christian"...
Someone who simply attends a Christian Church...
Or
A Converted Saved and Born Again person?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prior to salvation, we have only one nature—the sin nature. But once we come to Christ, we are new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), but we still abide in the old flesh which has the remains of the sinful nature within it. These two natures war constantly with one another, continually pulling the believer in opposite directions.

The desires of the believer’s spiritual nature pull him in the direction of good while the flesh in which he lives pulls him in the other. He wants to do one thing but has something within him that does the opposite. So how do these evil desires differ from those of an unbeliever? Simply put, the believer hates the evil flesh in which he lives and desires to be freed from it, whereas unbelievers have no such desire.

:)

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we first repented to God and received Jesus Christ as our Savior, we were forgiven of all our sins, and peace flooded our hearts. And God’s Word assures us that our salvation is for all eternity and can never be undone.

But although we’re saved, we know from our personal experience this doesn’t mean we’re immune to sin. We still sin after experiencing salvation, despite our best efforts. So what should we do when we sin after being saved? The Word of God tells us that we should confess our sins to the Lord.

Confessing to God the sins we commit after we’re saved is absolutely critical for our life as a Christian.

Why we need to confess: Sin breaks our fellowship with the Lord

What it means to confess: To admit, to acknowledge our sin

How to confess: Praying to the Lord as soon as we realize we’ve sinned

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was brought up at the feet of Gamaliel - it does not make sense for him to be speaking AUTOBIOGRAPHICALLY about "I was alive without the law once"

Come on - he is speaking as an unregenerate man

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It does?

How could that be? Considering that we were reconciled to God while we were still His enemies, and now we are His children, how would sin break our fellowship?

Are you thinking that "alive unto God" is an on and off thing?

Romans 6:10-11 KJV
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What's been done, I don't think we have the ability to undo.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will leave that between me and God. I have a good conscience in this regard.

I’ll leave it at that.
that's very Good, because you don't want to compound it with a "LIE". scripture, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
here "HAVE: is present tense, not "HAD" sin, past tense, but "HAVE" sin, present tense... understand something, as long as we're in these fleshly bodies we will sin, for sin was condemned sin in the flesh. Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:", this is why Baptism is so important.

see Michiah-Imla, when you said that you will keep it between you and the Lord, I knew that you have sinned after being in Christ. (I knew it all the time, per 1 John 1:8 above). see if you had not sinned after coming to christ you would have never made that statement. for if you didn't have anything to hid, you woulf have said so. no, it's not that 101G is a prophet or something like that, no, just common sense, by reading the Word of God.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What it means to confess: To admit, to acknowledge our sin

How to confess: Praying to the Lord as soon as we realize we’ve sinned
Correct and on point.
sin only break FELLOWSHIP, but not our RELATIONSHIP with God. see, once we're born of God we are his, end of story, no going BACK. as Nicodemus saith, "John 3:4 "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" answer NO. just as a married man and woman have a child, (and the child cannot go back into the womb to born again), and the child grow up, and maybe go anti-social, and kill. guess what, that RELATIONSHIP is never broken, that child is still those Parents offspring/Child, nothing can change that. but the parent don't like what the child did, that's broken FELLOWSHIP. christian need to understand this. FELLOWSHIP and RELATIONSHIP.

now some edifying... scripture, Romans 8:38 "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,"
Romans 8:39 "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." christian all over the world should be jumping for joy after hearing this verse.

I'm like the apostle Paul, "For I am persuaded", yes, 101G is fully persuaded. now just because we know this, do this give us a license. to sin, let hear what God say. Romans 6:1 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?"
Romans 6:2 "God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" (READ THAT AGAIN).
Romans 6:3 "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?"
Romans 6:4 "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."
Romans 6:5 "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"
Romans 6:6 "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (BINGO, should, should, should, not..... serve sin, one might want to read that again also)
Romans 6:7 "For he that is dead is freed from sin." (BINGO, that the answer to the sin problem, I have said it before, God in nature have given us the answer, play possun, as in opossum. and here is the scriptures to back this up with... Romans 6:11-14 if christian can grasp these scriptures, their sin problem will vanish over a short period of time. practice, make perfect.

again this is why Baptism is so important. ACT LIKE YOU'RE DEAD INDEED TO SIN, but Alive to God in Christ.... :D YEA! AMEN.

thanks tsr, those were good points,

PICJAG

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's very Good, because you don't want to compound it with a "LIE"

You are not wise to make assumptions like this. Beware of false accusations before God.

see Michiah-Imla, when you said that you will keep it between you and the Lord, I knew that you have sinned after being in Christ.

You know nothing as yet you ought to know (1 Corinthians 8:2). Don’t mistake my silence as an admission of guilt.

In the end my answer would not have made a difference in this discussion so I decided not to answer. You, being a proud pretentious person (as most of your kind are), you will do what you will do. And so be it. In the end God is the judge and every one of us will give an account of his actions. The judge stands before the door (James 5:9)!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's about Paul himself - I looked it up.

Taking the entire “epistle to the Romans” as a whole, it is obvious that Romans “chapter 7” is describing the struggles of men in the flesh (Paul using the first person perspective as he himself has experienced these things before) for he states at “Romans 7:5” when we were in the flesh; then he moves on to describe the man in the Spirit at “Romans 8:9” writing, but ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit. And at “Galatians 5:24” Paul writes that they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

“Romans 7” is a portion of scripture, along with portions of 1 John, that are perverted by many “Christians” in the flesh.

And this is because:

1 Corinthians 2:14
...the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Taking the entire “epistle to the Romans” as a whole, it is obvious that Romans “chapter 7” is describing the struggles of men in the flesh (Paul using the first person perspective as he himself has experienced these things before) for he states at “Romans 7:5” when we were in the flesh; then he moves on to describe the man in the Spirit at “Romans 8:9” writing, but ye are not in the flesh. And at “Galatians 5:24” Paul writes that they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

“Romans 7” is a portion of scripture, along with portions of 1 John, that are perverted by many “Christians” in the flesh.

And this is because:

1 Corinthians 2:14
...the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Thanks for your reply but I'm out of this argument now. See you around.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, maybe I realize the problem here . . .

Please, allow me,

Am I, you, anyone really desirous that we would be justified according to the Law? We've all already disqualified ourselves. Break one law, and that makes one a lawbreaker. No one should expect the Law to justify them, because they have to DO it for that to happen. 100%.

Is that better?

Much love!
I’m only desirous of one law, the law of Christ. Not saying I’ve achieved it, but what a glorious thing to strive for.

Reactions: marks