What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RIGHT THERE is the problem, I said nothing about being deceived

I know, the scriptures did!

see how decieving your answer was.

My answer came straight from the Bible, using the same words. And you say there was deceit in my answer?! Are you kidding me?!

Calm down and sober up from what ever teaching corrupted you and try to hear the Bible.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say, Stop. And return to enjoying your fellowship with God.

And, If I've hurt another by my fleshy works, go and make it right with them. Apologize. Make restitution.

We are already reconciled to God, and if we've already received that reconciliation, then, we are reconciled to Him.

I find I generally want to apologize to God just the same!

Much love!

Here is what God says:

1 John 1:9
King James Version

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Reactions: April_Rose and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, the scriptures did!
So?, was that what I asked? ... no. so reproved again.
My answer came straight from the Bible, using the same words. And you say there was deceit in my answer?! Are you kidding me?!
the devil quote scripture, so that's nothing new. Job 21:27 "Behold, I know your thoughts, and the devices which ye wrongfully imagine against me."
:D

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So?, was that what I asked? ... no. so reproved again.

the devil quote scripture, so that's nothing new. Job 21:27 "Behold, I know your thoughts, and the devices which ye wrongfully imagine against me."
:D

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

You’re funny.

I’m starting to find humor in your posts.

Reactions: marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The scriptures do not teach this. The scriptures exhort the believers over and over again TO BE perfect. Not once is it written that we wear some badge labeled “perfect” while not actually being perfect.

For someone who brags of caring about the truth of the scriptures so much you sure do err in them a lot.

Anyway, peace be unto. This ‘going back and forth’ has long run it’s course. I wish you well in faith and pray that which ever one of us is erring in the word it be revealed to them in Jesus name.

God bless!
Hebrews 10:14
For by one sacrifice he has made perfect for ever those who are being made holy.

Reactions: April_Rose and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, to the topic at hand, "What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?"

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" ok fine, but what about a Christian, ..... "BORN AGAIN".
A. "Confession". ok, fine, but what if a christian sinned and did not repent of it, and did not confess it, and maybe forgot it? good question......
#1. the Holy Spirit in you will, (excuse my expression), will worry the hell out of you, untill you do repent, and confess. or #2. Hebrews 12:8 "But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.". well chastisement comes because of disobedience, meaning we did something wrong. and since we haven't corrected it, then God will. God do not have Bébé's Kids just running wild.

B. now if none of the "committed" crimes... (smile), sins, do not meet a certian criteria as for measurement take above, well then this, 1 Peter 4:8 "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."

THANK GOD for the NEW TESTAMENT. for God is not unjust, but he apply the RIGHT correction for the crime/SIN... :rolleyes: YIKES!.

PICJAG

Reactions: April_Rose

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For by one sacrifice he has made perfect for ever those who are being made holy.

The context in Hebrews 10 is that the worshippers are made perfectly cleansed from sin. However, we are still told to BE perfect in scripture; which shows there’s a difference in our being made perfect by being cleansed from sin, and behaving yourself in a perfect manner to match your sinless status; which is your reasonable service.

As the scripture says:

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Reactions: marks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks Pearl, that was the "PERFECT" scripture...

it also confirm the topice of salvation, "those who are being made holy". so HOW is God going to make you "holy", if you're not saved? is God wasting his time... no. as you said, Hebrews 10:14 "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."
Hebrews 10:15 "Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,"
Hebrews 10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;"
Hebrews 10:17 "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." BINGO, we have a witness, "the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us".

again thanks Pearl. this is why God have so many TRUE BELIEVERS. Pearl nailed it when 101G forgot about that scripture, but Pearl didn't.... thank God for his people. this shows us we are all human, and to be human we, I know at lest me, I make mistakes, but i have Sister and Brothers in Christ to be there for you in time of need.

instead of hindering one another, we should be encourghing one another, and as the scriptures states

PICJAG

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MARK, MARK, you're missing it. sins THAT ARE PAST IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOU COME TO CHRIST. understand, as I said, if CONFESSING SINS was the requirement to be saved, then none of us would qualify. because we would have to confess every sin we have committed. and some of us cannot remember what we was doing three weeks ago, and say if we were sinning? see the dilemma. this is why Jesus died on the cross, where you want have to confess all the sins you have done in your life before you came to Christ. my God Marks you should have know this.
OK, what I'm asking you is about your changing the words of the passage to make is say something that it doesn't, except that you change it.

The Apostle speaks of sins that are past, or, "bygone sins". And he goes on to say in contrast, "in the present time". God is making a statement here about an historical change.

Romans 3:25-26 YLT
25) whom God did set forth a mercy seat, through the faith in his blood, for the shewing forth of His righteousness, because of the passing over of the bygone sins in the forbearance of God
26) for the shewing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for His being righteous, and declaring him righteous who is of the faith of Jesus.

Let's back up a bit . . .

Romans 3:21-24 YLT
21) And now apart from law hath the righteousness of God been manifested, testified to by the law and the prophets,
22) and the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, —for there is no difference,
23) for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God—
24) being declared righteous freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25) whom God did set forth a mercy seat, through the faith in his blood, for the shewing forth of His righteousness, because of the passing over of the bygone sins in the forbearance of God—
26) for the shewing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for His being righteous, and declaring him righteous who is of the faith of Jesus.

God set Jesus as the Mercy Seat, or, propitiation.

In Jesus, all those believing are declared righteous by God's grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

It is through Jesus, through the faith in His blood, for the shewing forth of His righteousness:

Because He passed over the sins of times gone by.
Because He in the present time IS righteous, and declares righteous the one who "is of the faith of Jesus".

This is describing how God has demonstrated His righteousness towards humanity.

Acts 17:29-31 YLT
29) 'Being, therefore, offspring of God, we ought not to think the Godhead to be like to gold, or silver, or stone, graving of art and device of man;
30) the times, indeed, therefore, of the ignorance God having overlooked, doth now command all men everywhere to reform,
31) because He did set a day in which He is about to judge the world in righteousness, by a man whom He did ordain, having given assurance to all, having raised him out of the dead.'

Once God overlooked, but now He commands all to repent.
Once God passed over men's sins, now He declares men righteous through the faith of Christ.

This is building on Paul's earlier statements, that while the wrath of God is revealed from heaven, the righteousness of God is revealed through faith, as it is written, the just shall live by faith.

From Romans 5, before the Law, sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no Law.

In the times of men's ignorance, God overlooked their sin. But in the present time, God declares the believing righteous, and commands all to repent.

In the present time, Jesus is crucified, is risen, and imparts new life to those who believe.

This is, again, speaking of an historical time, not parsing the times of my life, and your life.

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need only one part of your whole statement, you said,
In Jesus, all those believing are declared righteous by God's grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.
listen,Romans 2:12 "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;"
NOW LISTEN GOOD,
Romans 2:13 "(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."

see Mark, you are, "righteous by God's grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus". but you do something also. for the "doers" are justified. and what are you to do about your sins? let the bible answer you.... 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." BINGO.

hope that helped.

PICJAG

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously this is referring to past sins based on the context that born again believers “do not commit sin”.
HUH??
That's
your answer?? James is writing about the PAST??

James's Epistle is in the PRESENT tense.
James 5:13-16
IS anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. IS anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. IS anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

IS = the Present tense.
He is telling his Born Again readers to CONFESS THEIR SINS.
And obviously Paul is referring to his past life as a Pharisee persecuting the church based on the context that he says elsewhere in scripture “God forbid that we should sin”. How in the world could you even glean your perverse meaning of Paul continuing to be a Chief sinner?! That would make him the biggest hypocrite of all and worthy to be ignored! But thank God that one who knows the complete context of scripture wouldn’t come up with such a foolish interpretation.
WRONG.

Paul doesn't say: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I WAS the foremost" (1 Tim. 1:15).
He said: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I AM the foremost.

Granted, he is using hyperbole - but He writes in the PRESENT tense and not the past tense.
Like I said before - Context is NOT your friend . . .

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a beef for the TRUTH. and no, perfection, it don't make the scriptures a lie, but it makes you. because you try to make it, the scriptures, out that you never sin, after being born again. and the scriptures are clear, yes, right there in the same BOOK, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.". you have no clue what the scripture is actually is saying. THAT'S MY BEEF, if it's any. look, perfection, do not mean no errors. Understand, I'm about edifying, and not destruction. example about perfection. in baseball, the player, Reggie Jackson, he was called, Mr. October, because he hit the most home runs in that month. but did you know, he struck out more time than he hit the home runs. see that old adage, "PRACTICE", makes perfect, TRUE. see, if one is Born of God, they want "PRACTICE" sin, and we are a work of God, and he's not finish with us ... yet. because he's the author and ... "Finisher" of our Faith, and we must LIVE by his FAITH.
I might not be "PERFECT" ..... yet, but IN CHRIST JESUS I'm still in the RACE. and while in this race, speaking of PAST, Philippians 3:9 "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" ..... Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"
Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

You see, my "PERFECTION" is in Christ Jesus, not my own, but his righteousness this is what makes me PERFECT with God.

see this is my BEEF, Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." (READ THAT AGAIN).
Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe."
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

PICJAG

Really good post 101,
You hit on allot and, it just plain makes sense!

Reactions: 101G

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context in Hebrews 10 is that the worshippers are made perfectly cleansed from sin. However, we are still told to BE perfect in scripture; which shows there’s a difference in our being made perfect by being cleansed from sin, and behaving yourself in a perfect manner to match your sinless status; which is your reasonable service.

As the scripture says:

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Well stated!

:)

And instead of being configured by the pattern of this world, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. When we come to believe we are entirely cleansed of sin - through the faith of Christ - we don't close ourselves off from the sanctification that is from Christ, and we live sanctified.

By trusting that Jesus gives us that life.

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well stated!

And instead of being configured by the pattern of this world, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. When we come to believe we are entirely cleansed of sin - through the faith of Christ - we don't close ourselves off from the sanctification that is from Christ, and we live sanctified.

By trusting that Jesus gives us that life.

Much love!
well, well well, Ephesians 4:11 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;"
Ephesians 4:12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"
Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

question mark, was the apostle Paul Perfect? remember you said, "And instead of being configured by the pattern of this world, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. When we come to believe we are entirely cleansed of sin - through the faith of Christ - we don't close ourselves off from the sanctification that is from Christ, and we live sanctified".

well? was the apostle Perfect? sinless, I mean as an apostle.... your answer please... :)

PICJAG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need only one part of your whole statement, you said,

listen,Romans 2:12 "For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;"
NOW LISTEN GOOD,
Romans 2:13 "(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."

see Mark, you are, "righteous by God's grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus". but you do something also. for the "doers" are justified. and what are you to do about your sins? let the bible answer you.... 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." BINGO.

hope that helped.

PICJAG

You are replying to me, but you are not responding to my content.

You've changed the meaning of a verse. Doesn't that concern you? Do you disagree that you've added words?

NOW LISTEN GOOD,

see Mark, you are, "righteous by God's grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus". but you do something also. for the "doers" are justified.

Let's get more context.

Romans 2:12-13 KJV
12) For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13) (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

You have to keep the Law if you expect to be judged by it and survive.

Are you really desirous that you would be justified according to the Law? You've already disqualified yourself. Break one law, and you are a lawbreaker. Don't expect the Law to justify, because you have to DO it for that to happen. 100%.

and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." BINGO.

You are thinking you need to be forgiven again? Didn't Jesus cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness? Or are you thinking that we move in and out of righteousness, to condemnation, righteous, then condemned, then righteous, then condemned, like that?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, well well, Ephesians 4:11 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;"
Ephesians 4:12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"
Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

question mark, was the apostle Paul Perfect? remember you said, "And instead of being configured by the pattern of this world, be transformed by the renewing of your mind. When we come to believe we are entirely cleansed of sin - through the faith of Christ - we don't close ourselves off from the sanctification that is from Christ, and we live sanctified".

well? was the apostle Perfect? sinless, I mean as an apostle.... your answer please... :)

PICJAG
Did Jesus cleanse him from all unrighteousness? What he recreated a new creature, sharing God's nature? Was he born of God, therefore not doing any sin?

You don't need answers from me, you need answers from the Bible.

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if you were to answer some of my questions first.

Bingo?

I been answering them, but you just keep on missing the mark... (smile). but no problem, example,
You are thinking you need to be forgiven again? Didn't Jesus cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness? Or are you thinking that we move in and out of righteousness, to condemnation, righteous, then condemned, then righteous, then condemned, like that?
see, you're not understand me. all my past sins before coming to Christ are forgiven. but in him if i sin, I confess, understand now.

AGAIN, you miss understood what I was saying in making an example of Law and Grace, listen to yourself,
Romans 2:12-13 KJV
12) For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13) (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

You have to keep the Law if you expect to be judged by it and survive.

Are you really desirous that you would be justified according to the Law? You've already disqualified yourself. Break one law, and you are a lawbreaker. Don't expect the Law to justify, because you have to DO it for that to happen. 100%.
DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I WROTE? 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,"1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

are you really reading my posts? did you hear what I said, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man", NOW ONCE MORE,
my .... righteousness ... is .... Christ Jesus ...... and ..... not .... the .... Law. ...... Got it now?.

NOW, what about my question, was the apostle Paul Perfect? sinless, I mean as an apostle.... your answer please...

PICJAG

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[weed cracklings sounds]

If you commit a sin as a believer, in willful defiance of God, confession isn’t going to help you

For the scripture says:

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

The only confessions of sin that will avail God’s mercy and Grace are those sins committed in ignorance (Luke 23:24; 1 Timothy 1:13) for both the unsaved and the babe in Christ (who has not Christ formed in him yet; Galatians 4:19).

Wrong! Again that isn't what scripture is saying. Of course being God's children we shouldn't sin, but we will be forgiven of all and any sin as long as we repent and ask for it.

This is a lie. You are trusting in unscriptural doctrine. Otherwise show the scripture supporting this assertion.

Thanks!

I am not a liar and don't take it up with me take it up with God. This is one of the few times I actually know what I'm talking about when it comes to the scripture that you are quoting and I do not believe for a second that you never sin so it appears that you are the one who is the liar. If you were sinless you could have been our sacrifice on the cross but since all have fallen short Jesus was and is the only way.

Reactions: Nancy