What good books are you currently reading?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
When Christians Were Jews: The First Generation by Paula Fredriksen.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What good books are you currently reading?

The book of Acts in the King James Bible.

I don’t got time to waste on chaff…

Thats a good one.

Some Highlights...

In Acts 2:38, Peter does not know the "Gospel of the Grace of God", as this was Given to PAUL< years later, and Paul calls it "my Gospel" 3x.
So, that is why in Acts 10:9-15, .. God has to teach PETER that the Cross of Christ, Salvation, is not just for the Jews.
Peter didnt know this, 10 yrs after Jesus is Back in HEAVEN.
When did Peter learn """ THE GOSPEL of the Grace of God""? He learned it in Acts 15, when Paul taught him, and all the other apostles as well.

Another Highlight, is Acts Chapter 8.
You find the "cult of mary" being shown to be a : CULT of WATER,....as they teach that Water causes the new Birth, and in Acts 8, Phillip does not let the Eunuch, get in the water, until after they He has ""believed with all his HEART"= and is born again.

And one more...

In Acts 28,.... Paul, is again preaching the Cross to unsaved HEBREWS, who are rejecting it.
He did the same in Hebrews 10:26.
But this time, he lost patience and was called away from them, and told them...>"i'll take this Gospel, that you are rejecting, to the GENTILES, and they will have it, they will BELIEVE IT".
Result? Paul is your "gentile Apostle". = follow his teaching and learn His doctrine, first and foremost.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 2:38, Peter does not know the "Gospel of the Grace of God

Dispensational Theology garbage!

The foundation of the gospel of the grace of God are:

“…the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20)

“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Paul followed Christ.

The 12 disciples followed Christ.

Following Paul is following Christ!

Paul is your "gentile Apostle". = follow his teaching and learn His doctrine, first and foremost.

Rubbish!!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16)

How anyone falls for Dispensational Theology is beyond me. All those fancy charts and alluring illustrations are perfect tools to distract away from the plain written truth!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensational Theology garbage!

The foundation of the gospel of the grace of God are:

“…the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20)

“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Paul followed Christ.

The 12 disciples followed Christ.

Following Paul is following Christ!

Rubbish!!

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16)

How anyone falls for Dispensational Theology is beyond me. All those fancy charts and alluring illustrations are perfect tools to distract away from the plain written truth!

reformed covenant theology is not dispensational theology. Rc sproul was about as reformed as john calvin.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner I found this on Wikipedia. Is this true?

“Reformed theologians teach that sin so affects human nature that they are unable even to exercise faith in Christ by their own will”

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God indeed knows who’s are his.

And predestination is true.

But we are not God.

We simply do not know as God does.

“Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” (Psalms 139:6)

“…neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.” (Psalms 131:1)

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God indeed knows who’s are his.

And predestination is true.

But we are not God.

We simply do not know as God does.

“Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” (Psalms 139:6)

“…neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.” (Psalms 131:1)

salvation is conditional