What if everyone on this board…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Uhmmmmmm yea, i dont think thats how it is. The Bible consistently tells us that majority of mankind will end up in hell, that only a few in comparison will be saved.

It does!!! Maybe yours does.

what a glorious victory Jesus bought a paid for! …..to you it seems that His “victory “ is as it were =
“ we win…..a handful saved , and all the rest lost “

I think not.
Victory means VICTORY …And GOD ALWAYS WINS.

Reactions: Rita

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is saved?? Would we still argue over different doctrines, or whether its ok to perform baby baptisms? Or would we stop arguing, and start talking about what Heaven will be like, or whats the first question we’ll ask Jesus when we see Him?

i’d like to think this would overall be a much happier forum to be on, if this were true. I’d also like to think there would be more friendly chats and topics. But, its late and i’m not making any sense. :D
what if no one was saved ;)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is saved?? Would we still argue over different doctrines, or whether its ok to perform baby baptisms? Or would we stop arguing, and start talking about what Heaven will be like, or whats the first question we’ll ask Jesus when we see Him?

i’d like to think this would overall be a much happier forum to be on, if this were true. I’d also like to think there would be more friendly chats and topics. But, its late and i’m not making any sense. :D

Question

Is anyone on here “saved”?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im sure a few are.

not according to scripture

Matt 24:13 endures to the end.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not according to scripture

Matt 24:13 endures to the end.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

dude, the catholic AKA unorthodox section is that way.
<<<<<<<<

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If the good you are imagining happened a generation ago, or ten, or a hundred generations ago--what would have been the result for us? One should think it would be better for us.

However that is not God's plan for us. There is a reason that "there is nothing new under the sun."

The reason that all of this goes on--not just here, but in all the world and in every generation...is because God has arranged a very similar experience for every individual and generation throughout all time and history. This is the reason that when the Messiah came Israel came under a type of blindness (Romans 11:25)...which was "until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in." And we who have come into the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ have also come under a similar blindness, which is to carry us to the end--that each person has the opportunity to look at the world in the same light and darkness and confirm their choice of life or death. That is what has been put before us all.

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live. Deuteronomy 30:19

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner ...

In and from my heart and according to words of God I know that I have salvation from, and of God today. I'm sealed, credited with a down payment by and for my Father for his new ownership, with righteousness today because of him, of his work and his Spirit upon my life and my very soul.

I could never reach salvation by my own means and actions. That would be futile indeed. Salvation is purely of the spiritual realm that we can not fully know today and must be accepted by 'faith.' It is the Father's domain and he has brought us back to it once again because of his plan of restoration through his Son.

This miracle and touch from God, my Father, on my heart years ago, to believe in him and his Son's works, as I accepted his grace and its terms, attached his blessed gift of saving faith in me, many years ago - never to be lost. Of a faith I could never muster up by myself and ever maintain. I was then a fallen spirit/soul, and now, today, I live with Christ, the Son of God. Not perfect or sinless at all, although seen as a true son and his child, along with Christ, through the Father's 'eyes.'- his divine and Holy Spirit (it is his and only his).

I'm today and for the rest of my mortal life, still being sanctified, made holy and growing to perfection in the spirit of Christ. I am sealed and programmed for resurrection and immortality in the future, at the Parousia of Christ. Amen.

I'm glad, joyful and peaceful that I am in Christ, and he in me. This is salvation today for me. It's as real as looking at the letters upon my keyboard as I write this post.

Yes, I'm an active member and citizen of the Kingdom of the Father where his Son is King, today. And it is yet to be fully realized for all those who love him.