What If Real Religious Persecution Came To The U.S.?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not sure so read it again. The first time I assumed he was fighting for Sunday worship and asking what will happen if that is taken. The second time I read it slower and he seems to be instead saying what if they force you worship on Sunday? What does the OP say to you?
In the scenario of the OP the underlying element is that God has been angered by the breaking of his laws which is acknowledged by the rulers and subsequently men have created laws that insist on keeping Sunday sacred in the hope that the unfolding disasters are stayed.....those who don't keep Sunday sacred get flack. They refuse to comply because conscience tells them it is the 7th day that God set aside and sanctified, not the first day.

the question is then asked.....Upon what side of the issue would you find yourself?
so yes, your second conclusion was right. Now to ask the question again...Upon what side of the issue would you find yourself?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church may begin to grow because their will be a reason for the church members to be fully committed to God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the scenario of the OP the underlying element is that God has been angered by the breaking of his laws which is acknowledged by the rulers and subsequently men have created laws that insist on keeping Sunday sacred in the hope that the unfolding disasters are stayed.....those who don't keep Sunday sacred get flack. They refuse to comply because conscience tells them it is the 7th day that God set aside and sanctified, not the first day.

the question is then asked.....Upon what side of the issue would you find yourself?
so yes, your second conclusion was right. Now to ask the question again...Upon what side of the issue would you find yourself?

I find the emphasis on the wrong thing, a day over a person. The Antichrist and his followers are going to demand we worship him, and we want to worship Jesus Christ. Do you really think the followers of the Antichrist will care what day we worship Jesus on? Honestly, will we be beheaded for a battle over a Christian issue of days, or WHO we worship between the Antichrist and Jesus?

cc: @BarnyFife , @Jay Ross, and @Backlit

Reactions: Nancy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I was disappointed in your response .....I thought you had enough Spiritual Insight to understand what Jesus was saying....
As ALWAYS, Jesus was correct....we “DO” have to have a “ Righteousness” that exceeds the Pharisees... Later, Jesus just finally reveals the entire Bad News that we have to be “ PERFECT— even as our Father in Heaven is Perfect if you want to merit Heaven.How’s THAT workin’ for you ?
Thank God, in His mercy, He threw out a “ life -saver” for all of Mankind.....There is “ Good News” for anyone and everyone who will simply “Turn To Him” ( the true type of Repentance that will Save) and Believe in The Gospel Of Pure Grace That Paul said would Save Anybody that truly believed it to the point of RESTING in it, NEVER Adding to it with Anything, no matter how “good” it sounds.....
I hope you and others can see the utter folly of trying to be” Righteous” by being a good little Christian— trying and failing to obey 613 commandments that were never “ meant “ to be kept, and on top of that, trying to live by the impossible Standards set by Jesus in His Sermon on the Mount ( where even an impure “ thought” makes you as guilty as an Adulterer!)
The only kind if “ Righteousness” —- the only type of “Perfection” that “exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees “ that we will EVER receive is one that is “IMPUTED” To is as a Free Gift—- Given to those that do not WORK for it....Given to those that REST in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace, Given to Him personally by Jesus——-Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the Grave....1Cor15:1-4.....We can NEVER become “ Worthy Enough” to Earn Heaven ...
We CAN be “ MADE” Worthy by the Blood Of The Lamb, if you will give God what He has been wanting for Millenia—- TRUST.
God will save Anybody that is TRUSTING to be Saved ..... He will damn those TRYING to be Saved....Never forget that .....Heaven or Hell is the difference here.... God bless....

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, as believers we are delivered from the law as the standard of righteousness which is to be kept (Romans 7:6).

Now it has to do with being obedient to the leadings and promptings of the Holy Spirit, and not walking according to the flesh.

I do think that there is a practical righteousness that is required of us if we are going to enter the kingdom...

But that the Lord provided this righteousness (even practically, 1 John 3:7, Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7) through His shed blood.

"The impression of many seems to be, that grace will pardon what it cannot prevent; in other words, that if the grace of the Gospel fails to save people from the commission of sin in this life; it will nevertheless pardon them and save them in sin, if it cannot save them from sin. Now, really, I understand the Gospel as teaching that men are saved from sin first, and as a consequence, from hell; and not that they are saved from hell while they are not saved from sin. Christ sanctifies when he saves. And this is the very first element or idea of salvation, saving from sin. "Thou shall call his name Jesus," said the angel, "for he shall save his people from their sins." "Having raised up his Son Jesus," says the apostle, "he hath sent him to bless you in turning every one of you from his iniquities." Let no one expect to saved from hell, unless the grace of the Gospel saves him first from sin."--Charles Finney

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find the emphasis on the wrong thing, a day over a person. The Antichrist and his followers are going to demand we worship him, and we want to worship Jesus Christ. Do you really think the followers of the Antichrist will care what day we worship Jesus on? Honestly, will we be beheaded for a battle over a Christian issue of days, or WHO we worship between the Antichrist and Jesus?

you will find out

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was disappointed in your response .....I thought you had enough Spiritual Insight to understand what Jesus was saying....
As ALWAYS, Jesus was correct....we “DO” have to have a “ Righteousness” that exceeds the Pharisees... Later, Jesus just finally reveals the entire Bad News that we have to be “ PERFECT— even as our Father in Heaven is Perfect if you want to merit Heaven.How’s THAT workin’ for you ?
Thank God, in His mercy, He threw out a “ life -saver” for all of Mankind.....There is “ Good News” for anyone and everyone who will simply “Turn To Him” ( the true type of Repentance that will Save) and Believe in The Gospel Of Pure Grace That Paul said would Save Anybody that truly believed it to the point of RESTING in it, NEVER Adding to it with Anything, no matter how “good” it sounds.....
I hope you and others can see the utter folly of trying to be” Righteous” by being a good little Christian— trying and failing to obey 613 commandments that were never “ meant “ to be kept, and on top of that, trying to live by the impossible Standards set by Jesus in His Sermon on the Mount ( where even an impure “ thought” makes you as guilty as an Adulterer!)
The only kind if “ Righteousness” —- the only type of “Perfection” that “exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees “ that we will EVER receive is one that is “IMPUTED” To is as a Free Gift—- Given to those that do not WORK for it....Given to those that REST in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace, Given to Him personally by Jesus——-Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the Grave....1Cor15:1-4.....We can NEVER become “ Worthy Enough” to Earn Heaven ...
We CAN be “ MADE” Worthy by the Blood Of The Lamb, if you will give God what He has been wanting for Millenia—- TRUST.
God will save Anybody that is TRUSTING to be Saved ..... He will damn those TRYING to be Saved....Never forget that .....Heaven or Hell is the difference here.... God bless....

Be careful you don't use Romans 4 and 5 out of context of Romans 6 and 8.

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Who one worships is determined by who and what one obeys.....not who one says they worship.

'Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:22-23

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who one worships is determined by who and what one obeys.....not who one says they worship.

'Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7:22-23

So do you believe the Antichrist will demand Sunday worship of Jesus?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you honestly believe the Sabbath is more important than Jesus, that a day of the week will matter to Muslims, Hindus, Buddists, etc?
Claiming allegiance to Jesus while disobeying him has no value....Jesus claims being Lord of the Sabbath ... it is his day...we are asked to remember it. Now, thats not that difficult is it?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming allegiance to Jesus while disobeying him has no value....Jesus claims being Lord of the Sabbath ... it is his day...we are asked to remember it. Now, thats not that difficult is it?

You miss the point. The Antichrist is NOT going to want us to worship Jesus on ANY day of the week.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You will see the movement for Sunday sacredness become more prominent and as in the scenario it will ratchet up in importance.
Whether you see it now or not, you will see it at some stage.....In it is God's seal (I'm not sure if you understand what I mean by that)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You miss the point. The Antichrist is NOT going to want us to worship Jesus on ANY day of the week.
my dear....I have not missed the point as much as you think.
Antichrist is peddling a counterfeit Jesus....as he is peddling a counterfeit day of rest.....as he is peddling a counterfeit spirit

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will see the movement for Sunday sacredness become more prominent and as in the scenario it will ratchet up in importance.
Whether you see it now or not, you will see it at some stage.....In it is God's seal (I'm not sure if you understand what I mean by that)

I understand what you believe, but you are wrong. It is JESUS that is key, not a day of the week!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The call is to 'come out of her my people'....out of a false (counterfeit) system of worship....out of Babylon.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I understand what you believe, but you are wrong. It is JESUS that is key, not a day of the week!
and when you see the issue of Sunday worship become prominent and legislation is enacted against those who refuse to comply...'upon what side of the issue will you find yourself'?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and when you see the issue of Sunday worship become prominent and legislation is enacted against those who refuse to comply...'upon what side of the issue will you find yourself'?

I will be on the side of Christ, because that is what it will be about, not Sunday. Show me in the Bible your proof.