What If Real Religious Persecution Came To The U.S.?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ruptured 3 discs in my lower back while at work back in 2005 and my employer wouldn't do anything about it, even though I would nearly fall down sometimes from the pain. It finally got so bad that I couldn't get out of bed for work every day so, in 2009, he quite unceremoniously fired me. He fought my unemployment claim tooth and nail. It's a family business and I've always loved the whole family (including him). I went back to see him and he said he was sorry and that I could come back to work any time I felt ready. By then I was on an oxygen concentrator at night and my wife and her co-workers had finally bullied me into applying for SSDI, which I thought I would never get but it was a slam dunk. I could talk aches and pains forever so I guess I'll stop now.

If you paid for unemployment insurance, which he had to have supplied to you, and you reported the incident, it wasn't up to him.

I broke my low back in a one car accident when I took my eyes off the road and ran into a phone pole. It also affected my neck where a vertebrae was pressing into my spinal cord. A very good chiropractor adjusted my neck and fixed that problem.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't feel like I've been persecuted at all. I don't feel I should count verbal stuff as persecution.

not sure I’d agree about verbal abuse since the power of Life and death is in the tongue. Scary to think, what comes out from the mouth discloses what is in the heart.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not sure I’d agree about verbal abuse since the power of Life and death is in the tongue. Scary to think, what comes out from the mouth discloses what is in the heart.

or maybe not. Matthew 15:7-8 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, [8] This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Tecarta Bible

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Myself I would blame. But for others I would have to give the benefit of the doubt.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you paid for unemployment insurance, which he had to have supplied to you, and you reported the incident, it wasn't up to him.

I broke my low back in a one car accident when I took my eyes off the road and ran into a phone pole. It also affected my neck where a vertebrae was pressing into my spinal cord. A very good chiropractor adjusted my neck and fixed that problem.
Employers can do whatever you let them get away with, unfortunately. I needed the job. And I've been fortunate enough to have good health insurance that didn't ask many questions.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't meant to be a defense. I was merely observing your shining example of the xenophobic tribalism that is taking over the western world (especially the U.S.). IOW, you're acting like a bigoted jerk and should probably be next on my <ignore> list, since all you have to offer is negative and insulting tripe.

Quit stealing my words! Lol....I talk about “ tripe” one day and now here you are using it...great word, isn’t it? The best word for those like you that preach a false, perverted Gospel Of Works would be “ Hogwash” ...... I won’t be surprised to see “ that” word crop up in your posts soon! After all, “ imitation is the sincerest firm if flattery! “. Lol..... just kidding .....I don’t care about any of that stuff...

Ya know .....you sure use big words ! Words like “ xenophobic tribalism” .....I guess I should be flattered —- I didn’t know I was a “ shining example “ of Anything!

Except this..... I try to be an example of a “ FREE MAN” in Christ who does what he WANTS to do all of the time because God has given me a New Heart and He changes my “ Wants” so that they line up with His.....please note that I am NOT saying that I can “ do whatever I want to do” and GET AWAY WITH IT!! Please make sure you catch that LAST PART , Blind Man.
Since being blessed by God to Understand and Live a Life that RESTS in the Gospel Of PURE GRACE plus NOTHING for SALVATION ( 1 Cor15:1-4 ) , after being blessed to know that all I had to do was simply RECEIVE a FREE GIFT, after actually BELIEVING that God would “ Save me to the UTTERMOST” if I simply “ came to Him through Faith in Christ Jesus”, I was able to be Unshackled from Legalistic and Performance- Based “ Salvation”, Sin has just about as much appeal to me as gargling with Drano...
Understanding and Resting in Grace and getting that terrible Burden Of trying to “ be worthy” and lying that burden aside —- seeing that I was “ MADE WORTHY “ by the BLOOD of the LAMB” plus NOTHING spurred within me a Love for God that brings about a True Obedience That comes so Naturlly....I don’t even have to think about it, much less “Worry” about it......when I mess up, which I do every day, I am covered by Grace.....that same Amazing Grace That Saved me has me “ Sealed” within the “ Body Of Christ” where me and ALL others within that Body are UNTOUCHABLE....Saved Forever in a place where we are “ already Saved and shall NEVER come under Condemnation” If I am damned, for whatever “ reason” , God does not keep His Word and THAT is an Impossibility !
There is an “ Abundant Life” out there that God longs for you to live —— it all starts with Believing the Gospel to the Point that you REST in it.....one is either Fretting and Working to try and earn their Salvation or they are Resting and TRUSTING for their Salvation.....Guess which group God will Save? If you said the Second one, go to the Head Of the Class! “ The man who finds LIFE will find it by TRUSTING God”..... We do the “ Trusting”—- God will take care of the rest of the stuff that some obsess about . Such as Obedience. Some never understand the Truth Of how to obtain it.....if it ain’t flowing naturally from within, that Obedience is Wise ( Obedience is ALWAYS better that DISobedience) and it will make you “ Moral” , Perhaps . The Bad News is that God is not looking for “ moral” people to make them better—— He is looking for those who are “ Dead” and know it ! He wants to take Spiritually Dead people and make them ALIVE!
Newbies to the Faith —- pray that God grant you Wisdom in these Vital matters .....don’t be like the “ stiff- necked” religionists here that can “ Ape” Christianity, but never LIVE it to its Truthfulness and Fullness because they lack the Faith to “ Let go and Let God”.......THAT is what SAVING FAITH is! Accept no Substitutes .......God Bless....

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Quit stealing my words! Lol....I talk about “ tripe” one day and now here you are using it...great word, isn’t it? The best word for those like you that preach a false, perverted Gospel Of Works would be “ Hogwash” ...... I won’t be surprised to see “ that” word crop up in your posts soon! After all, “ imitation is the sincerest firm if flattery! “. Lol..... just kidding .....I don’t care about any of that stuff...

Ya know .....you sure use big words ! Words like “ xenophobic tribalism” .....I guess I should be flattered —- I didn’t know I was a “ shining example “ of Anything!

Except this..... I try to be an example of a “ FREE MAN” in Christ who does what he WANTS to do all of the time because God has given me a New Heart and He changes my “ Wants” so that they line up with His.....please note that I am NOT saying that I can “ do whatever I want to do” and GET AWAY WITH IT!! Please make sure you catch that LAST PART , Blind Man.
Since being blessed by God to Understand and Live a Life that RESTS in the Gospel Of PURE GRACE plus NOTHING for SALVATION ( 1 Cor15:1-4 ) , after being blessed to know that all I had to do was simply RECEIVE a FREE GIFT, after actually BELIEVING that God would “ Save me to the UTTERMOST” if I simply “ came to Him through Faith in Christ Jesus”, I was able to be Unshackled from Legalistic and Performance- Based “ Salvation”, Sin has just about as much appeal to me as gargling with Drano...
Understanding and Resting in Grace and getting that terrible Burden Of trying to “ be worthy” and lying that burden aside —- seeing that I was “ MADE WORTHY “ by the BLOOD of the LAMB” plus NOTHING spurred within me a Love for God that brings about a True Obedience That comes so Naturlly....I don’t even have to think about it, much less “Worry” about it......when I mess up, which I do every day, I am covered by Grace.....that same Amazing Grace That Saved me has me “ Sealed” within the “ Body Of Christ” where me and ALL others within that Body are UNTOUCHABLE....Saved Forever in a place where we are “ already Saved and shall NEVER come under Condemnation” If I am damned, for whatever “ reason” , God does not keep His Word and THAT is an Impossibility !
There is an “ Abundant Life” out there that God longs for you to live —— it all starts with Believing the Gospel to the Point that you REST in it.....one is either Fretting and Working to try and earn their Salvation or they are Resting and TRUSTING for their Salvation.....Guess which group God will Save? If you said the Second one, go to the Head Of the Class! “ The man who finds LIFE will find it by TRUSTING God”..... We do the “ Trusting”—- God will take care of the rest of the stuff that some obsess about . Such as Obedience. Some never understand the Truth Of how to obtain it.....if it ain’t flowing naturally from within, that Obedience is Wise ( Obedience is ALWAYS better that DISobedience) and it will make you “ Moral” , Perhaps . The Bad News is that God is not looking for “ moral” people to make them better—— He is looking for those who are “ Dead” and know it ! He wants to take Spiritually Dead people and make them ALIVE!
Newbies to the Faith —- pray that God grant you Wisdom in these Vital matters .....don’t be like the “ stiff- necked” religionists here that can “ Ape” Christianity, but never LIVE it to its Truthfulness and Fullness because they lack the Faith to “ Let go and Let God”.......THAT is what SAVING FAITH is! Accept no Substitutes .......God Bless....
A person that has no interest in being obedient to God, not withstanding the great theories of salvation they put forward, will, to take the spotlight off their own disobedience charge those who desire to do God's will, who desire to be obedient, with a 'false perverted Gospel Of Works'.

Theirs is as Jesus describes ...'seeing they may not perceive, and hearing they may hear and not understand; lest they should turn, and their sins be forgiven them.' Mark 4:12

and the Apostle Peter has this to say...'For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.' 2 Peter 2:18

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I don't know you personally, but if your confession of faith in Christ is genuine, then praise God. I will take your confession at face value and let others who know you better judge whether your works reflect a genuine faith.
With the above said, what I am having difficulty with is why such a person who confesses faith and a God of grace and mercy such as yourself could so easily condemn others and twist their confessions of faith to mean something completely different in order to harmonise with your opinion of them. You sound like the Democrat media spinning Trump's rebuttals to "peacefully handing over power" questions into declarations of revolution. I give you the benefit of doubt, but your attitude and aggression needs to be addressed. And your presuppositions on other's faith needs to be revised in light of God's grace in your own faith.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yy1
That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry you can't enjoy life. I can sit or lie down with no pain. But when I stand up and stay still, or walk for more than a couple minutes, my back starts to spasm and the pain gets worse and worse, so I'm hyperventilating so hard I have to sit down again, and then immediately it eases away. That is what the angioplasty didn't fix.

You and Barney are both in my prayers....like it or not....lol

Reactions: CharismaticLady

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scenario:

A massive, catastrophic disaster brought about by natural causes has struck the earth. Hundreds of millions have been killed or severely injured and every part of the world has been impacted to no small degree. The powers that be are now united, as will often happen under these circumstances, and have reached the consensus that we have angered God to an amount we never thought possible, and that some gesture of repentance must be made to Him. Since it has been suggested before by the religious figures of the west so many times and is practical enough to be feasible a national Sunday law is urged and passed, but the disaster and suffering continue, so the rest of the world decides to follow the lead of the U.S. and now the observance of Sunday as a day of rest and worship is world-wide. This "revival" produces very little real reformation. Hearts are not truly changed. It is very quickly apparent that some religious minorities will not cooperate with the new laws and continue to keep a different day of rest and worship. Some people have reported miracles in response to the new laws and a few have even been caught on camera. Yet the minorities remain stubborn in their positions. A call goes out to prescribe severe penalties against the offenders who refuse to violate their consciences, while the dead and dying steadily increase.

Upon what side of the issue would you find yourself?

Sounds like you are talking about the jews when the prophets brought the message to repent or else which they did but not for long. One thing that causes that is wealth. As it says the LOVE of money is the root of ALL evil. One reason the New Testament church was so dynamic was because they did not love money. All they wanted was enough to meet their needs and some over to meet other people's needs. There were no millionaires in the NTC. If they had spare they gave it to the church to feed those that were without. Did someone say, Kenneth Copeland?

To truly live by the word of God is to have your needs met and some left over for others and no more because God never runs out of money. Once I have paid my bills at the end of the month I always give something to those without and it has nothing at all to do with tithing.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person that has no interest in being obedient to God, not withstanding the great theories of salvation they put forward, will, to take the spotlight off their own disobedience charge those who desire to do God's will, who desire to be obedient, with a 'false perverted Gospel Of Works'.

Theirs is as Jesus describes ...'seeing they may not perceive, and hearing they may hear and not understand; lest they should turn, and their sins be forgiven them.' Mark 4:12

and the Apostle Peter has this to say...'For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.' 2 Peter 2:18

Your first eleven words show that you do not know what you are talking about.....so why proceed.....people whose intelligence is not limited know where I am coming from...I use people like you and a few others here as “ Springboards” to get the Lost Message Of Paul out to those that will never hear it in their churches or in most Forums..... That “ Lost Message” is this, one would think it would not be necessary on a place that called itself “ Christian”, yes, that message would be “ Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus”.NOTHING. People sing it mindlessly week after week from their Church Pews , not for ONE SECOND actually Believing it......I am in favor of getting it torn out of most church’s hymnals.....It must be a real stench in God’s Ears to have to hear such hypocrisy every Sunday....
Btw...I am “ All In” when it comes to obedience ....obedience is Great......It is just not the way to GET Saved, and it is not the Way to STAY saved....Faith in Jesus gets THAT accomplished

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

not sure so read it again. The first time I assumed he was fighting for Sunday worship and asking what will happen if that is taken. The second time I read it slower and he seems to be instead saying what if they force you worship on Sunday? What does the OP say to you?

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what 300,000,000 people (especially) thought could never happen.

It's not the I do not believe religious persecution could not come to America, but I do not believe that it would come because of the Sabbath (that's silly, no one cares about what day to worship except religionists; the atheists would just sit back and laugh at us - they wouldn't persecute us for the day of worship). Persecution is more likely to arise because religion may become viewed as immoral. Like, not wearing masks is considered by some to be immoral. Religionists tend to be against LGBTQs, which can be considered an immoral persecution against LGBTQs. I believe those inspired by Lucifer will turn the table upon us and begin to persecute us for being immoral in the sense that we persecute those who appear to be innocent of wrong-doing. Like the LGBTQs are persecuted by some for merely their choice of 'gender' - it appears to harm no one, but is opposed by religionists. The same can be said of climate change/global warming; if Christians do not get on board with helping to prevent global warming, that can be construed as evil by those inspired by Lucifer. The same with abortion - religionists will be defined as immoral for opposing abortion rights. I believe religionists will be deemed to be backwards, primitive thinkers, and harmful to progress, and that will inspire persecution of Christians in America. Once they get into power they will be free to make laws that hinder freedom of thought and freedom of worship.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe that it would come because of the Sabbath (that's silly, no one cares about what day to worship except religionists; the atheists would just sit back and laugh at us - they wouldn't persecute us for the day of worship)
You seem to think things would be basically the same and that everyone would have the same views and priorities as before. It wouldn't be because of the Sabbath. It would be because people will do anything for self-preservation. It wouldn't matter whether it was the Sabbath or a ban on Twinkies. If people didn't cooperate with the plan to survive, they would be in trouble.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people didn't cooperate with the plan to survive, they would be in trouble.

So, if I understand your hypothetical scenario: if there is a natural disaster that destroys our infrastructure and many people die, would worship on a particular day be the focus of persecution? I still disagree that the day of the week would become so important. However, I do agree that people would focus on basic survival needs. Stealing food would become more commonplace, for instance. Killing to defend oneself would also become much more prevalent. The basic instincts to survive would be exhibited by all, including the vast majority of Christians. Christians would regularly become violent to protect their home and their children, for instance. Real Christians, of course, would not be stealing food to feed their families - they would trust God, like the "birds of the air." Real Christians would not become violent to protect their homes and their children - real Christians would not "resist evil". In your scenario, I do not see how Christians become the focus of persecution. Unless, the worldly people blamed the Christians for the catastrophes.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am damned, for whatever “ reason” , God does not keep His Word and THAT is an Impossibility !

Take all of His word into account. Jesus said,

Mat 5:20, For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

He also said,

Mat 5:27, Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28, But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
Mat 5:29, And if thy right eye causeth thee to sin, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Mat 5:30, And if thy right hand causeth the to sin, thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.