What If Real Religious Persecution Came To The U.S.?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it's quite common to see entire generations leave the church. There's a vicious anti-Adventist over at CF who managed to round up all but one of his adult children and leave. He goes by Bob S. :(

I remember him. Was your name BarnyFife there, or something else?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady Have you been in for your angiogram yet? I'd be interested to know how that turns/turned out. I've been praying for you.

Yes, Thursday morning. Out of three of the major arteries, one was blocked 70 to 80 percent, so he put a stint in. He has a strong accent and talks very soft so I couldn't hear him properly. I'm glad I asked for this test, because there was something they could fix. But I still have all the problems I had before, so don't know what the main cause of my symptoms are.

Reactions: Nancy

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember him. Was your name BarnyFife there, or something else?
I can't remember what my name was; Brother Dave or something like that. I was banned a long time ago. I still visit once in a while. Bob S is still going strong. He parks in threads about the Sabbath and the law and just blasts away. I don't know how he gets away with it. I was banned for calling him out.
Yes, Thursday morning. Out of three of the major arteries, one was blocked 70 to 80 percent, so he put a stint in. He has a strong accent and talks very soft so I couldn't hear him properly. I'm glad I asked for this test, because there was something they could fix. But I still have all the problems I had before, so don't know what the main cause of my symptoms are.
I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble, but I'm glad you were able to get your arterial problems repaired. I have a life-long heart condition and I know it's no fun. One of the medications I have to take for it makes it nearly impossible to exercise. That's the worst. Have you tried fresh vegetable and fruit juicing at all? That helps me a lot.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't remember what my name was; Brother Dave or something like that. I was banned a long time ago. I still visit once in a while. Bob S is still going strong. He parks in threads about the Sabbath and the law and just blasts away. I don't know how he gets away with it. I was banned for calling him out.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble, but I'm glad you were able to get your arterial problems repaired. I have a life-long heart condition and I know it's no fun. One of the medications I have to take for it makes it nearly impossible to exercise. That's the worst. Have you tried fresh vegetable and fruit juicing at all? That helps me a lot.

I like juicing and fresh everything. If you can swim, it is easier to exercise in the deep end. I'm a good swimmer so that's the only exercise I can do for any length of time, like an hour. Take me out of the water, and gravity hits like a ton of bricks!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting reconstruction. I get that a lot. The answers to all of your questions are in the OP.

didn’t mean to reconstruct anything. I’m genuinely confused as I’m not sure I’ve seen this (not in myself) of being persecuted for that which is good and blessed are they.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like juicing and fresh everything. If you can swim, it is easier to exercise in the deep end. I'm a good swimmer so that's the only exercise I can do for any length of time, like an hour. Take me out of the water, and gravity hits like a ton of bricks!
Yeah, me, too (on the pool exercise). Only trouble is, the last few years have seen my fibromyalgia get much worse, and I can't stand water under 85 degrees for any length of time. I've got so much stuff wrong with me, I feel like a hypochondriac when I talk about it. But I feel pretty healthy overall. Strange. And I'm actually grateful that things aren't worse. God is good. Very good to me.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
didn’t mean to reconstruct anything. I’m genuinely confused as I’m not sure I’ve seen this (not in myself) of being persecuted for that which is good and blessed are they.
I don't feel like I've been persecuted at all. I don't feel I should count verbal stuff as persecution.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, me, too (on the pool exercise). Only trouble is, the last few years have seen my fibromyalgia get much worse, and I can't stand water under 85 degrees for any length of time. I've got so much stuff wrong with me, I feel like a hypochondriac when I talk about it. But I feel pretty healthy overall. Strange. And I'm actually grateful that things aren't worse. God is good. Very good to me.

I don't like it too cold either. Do you feel your fibromyalgia even when you are lying down or sitting? I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with me, seeing as I seem to have to tell the doctor what tests to run. ;)

By the way, because of your avatars of Barny Fife, I looked up how many seasons Don Knotts did the show (5). So I went onto ebay and looked up Andy Griffith seasons 1-5 in a set and ordered it. I just got a notification that it was delivered. So I have every episode that I loved. It wasn't the same after he left. The reason he left was that Andy only contracted to do five seasons, so that was all Don Knotts contracted for too. During the last season Don started looking for work and before he found out that Andy decided to continue, he had already contracted to do movies. But he guest stared occasionally, when he wasn't contracted to do something else.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you feel your fibromyalgia even when you are lying down or sitting?
Sometimes. They switch meds on me all the time, so I couldn't say for sure. The med that worked best for my fibro was OTC Dextromethorphan, but it was ruining my nerves so I had to stop. I was swinging my arms and legs around in my sleep. Had some pretty bad mood swings too. I think they used Dextro as general anesthesia in the early 1900s so it makes sense that it would deaden pain at higher doses. But then there are always side effects to deal with. I'm on Gabapentin right now. It's okay, but it makes me wheeze a bit. I'm just generally messed up. lol :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For me it is politics. I have friends from childhood I can hardly stand to be around anymore who are Democrats. Our two parties are so far apart now, we will never become one nation undivided again.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes. They switch meds on me all the time, so I couldn't say for sure. The med that worked best for my fibro was OTC Dextromethorphan, but it was ruining my nerves so I had to stop. I was swinging my arms and legs around in my sleep. Had some pretty bad mood swings too. I think they used Dextro as general anesthesia in the early 1900s so it makes sense that it would deaden pain at higher doses. But then there are always side effects to deal with. I'm on Gabapentin right now. It's okay, but it makes me wheeze a bit. I'm just generally messed up. lol :)

That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry you can't enjoy life. I can sit or lie down with no pain. But when I stand up and stay still, or walk for more than a couple minutes, my back starts to spasm and the pain gets worse and worse, so I'm hyperventilating so hard I have to sit down again, and then immediately it eases away. That is what the angioplasty didn't fix.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which goes out the window under martial law, which would certainly be declared in such a scenario which, in turn, is becoming more feasible every day. Please don't spam the thread with your argumentative, near-sighted judgments.

I thought the same thing...martial law is being ushered in more and more with all these riots...I believe the majority of these riots are being instigated and people are being hired to incite them. What better way TO bring about martial law?? "Peace and safety..."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What If Real Religious Persecution Came To The U.S.?

one more question is what do you mean by ‘if real religious persecution came’ ..’real persecutions’

There was a poster some time ago who came and was so offended, cursing the whole forum and its members because they were not following all the laws and ideas he laid out and the more others posted, the more puffed up riled he became saying ‘you are just persecuting me.’ So we have this idea everyone is persecuting us for our beliefs, like God said they would which validates us as doing what is right yeah? Interesting you used the word ‘real persecution’. Do not know if I’ve ever been persecuted for doing what is right and good. Been persecuted plenty for doing what is wrong and evil. Reaping what I sow.

so do you mean ‘real persecution’ for doing good and that which is right? Or persecution we bring on ourselves by doing that which is evil? Malice 1. (n.) Enmity of heart; malevolence; ill will; a spirit delighting in harm or
misfortune to another; a disposition to injure another; a malignant design of evil.

Romans 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. [8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
what would you think (guess) he means ViJ ?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
are you over weight CL?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, ever since I started having these back spasms. It isn't when I get in the pool that I have a problem exercising, it is the walk getting to the pool. I do it, but tend to procrastinate thinking about the pain.
I suppose making a continuing effort to loose weight is a path to living easier in your skin.
Please check this link.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds horrible. I'm so sorry you can't enjoy life. I can sit or lie down with no pain. But when I stand up and stay still, or walk for more than a couple minutes, my back starts to spasm and the pain gets worse and worse, so I'm hyperventilating so hard I have to sit down again, and then immediately it eases away. That is what the angioplasty didn't fix.
I ruptured 3 discs in my lower back while at work back in 2005 and my employer wouldn't do anything about it, even though I would nearly fall down sometimes from the pain. It finally got so bad that I couldn't get out of bed for work every day so, in 2009, he quite unceremoniously fired me. He fought my unemployment claim tooth and nail. It's a family business and I've always loved the whole family (including him). I went back to see him and he said he was sorry and that I could come back to work any time I felt ready. By then I was on an oxygen concentrator at night and my wife and her co-workers had finally bullied me into applying for SSDI, which I thought I would never get but it was a slam dunk. I could talk aches and pains forever so I guess I'll stop now.