• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is most who THINK they are born again , ARE NOT BORN AGAIN .
No lamb would omit the teachings of Christ in favor of the teachings of men .
Born again . To worship GOD in SPIRIT and IN TRUTH .
Any lamb who is born again would take all the warnings and the reminders of Christ and of the apostels as SAID TRUTH .
They would heed every warning , KNOWING by the SPIRIT that all words are for the good of our souls .
But this church age says JUDGE NOT to those who do correct . And when one says YE can know them by their fruits
THEY HOLLER NO YE CANT , YE JUDGE , YE JUDGE you hater you .
THOSE ARE LOST and BLIND . No matter how much they holler the name of JESUS , THEY KNOW HIM NOT .
A GOOD TREE produces GOOD FRUIT . Thus those of the GOOD tree would produce good fruit . AND SIN aint good fruit .
THEY would not justify any sin . And if they do err they would be heavily convicted and repent .
What they would not do is say things like HEY WE ALL SINNERS , SO lets just sit with gays and those who justify sin
AND DONT JUDGE , DONT DARE WARN OR CORRECT YOU SINNER YOU . YET i see many who do just that .
They accuse like a pit bull those who do correct . SPECIALLY if its PC SIN .
PAUL would have told these churches to GET THOSE WHO SIN CORRECTED and if they heed not , cast them , NOW PAY ATTENTION
CAST THEM OUT OF THE CHURCH lest leaven fills the place full .
YET today , IF CERTAIN SINS are seen in a church , not even the leaders would correct . IN fact even the leaders
KICK OUT those who would correct , calling them haters and not loving .
I SUGGEST WE READ BIBLES and stop learning BIBLE DOCTRINE through the lens of todays men and rather read it for ourselves .

Start a thread on this. "What does born again look like?"
I really mean it, this could be a worth while discussion.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is not something we do, it is a gift.
Faith is a noun. It's something you possess. You can either keep it, believing, and be saved, or discard it and be lost.

Also your theological position needs to account for a prodigal's return.
The Prodigal Son is Israel. Israel was never saved in the sense that we understand saved in the time of the full revelation of Christ.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you can’t Un meet Jesus. You’ve either met him or not. And you cannot un-meet someone.
The point is this is a worthless contention. It's not a hill worth dying for. What counts and what we should focus on and exhort each other on is having a genuine faith and having it to the very end.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Faith is a noun. It's something you possess. You can either keep it, believing, and be saved, or discard it and be lost.

The Prodigal Son is Israel. Israel was never saved in the sense that we understand saved in the time of the full revelation of Christ.

So you give no hope for a believer who has fallen in to deception. Paul did in Galatians 5.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are some thoughts, regarding "Losing your Faith"
Simply stated, having trusted in Jesus, and being born again, should we at some future time we find we are not continuing in that daily trusting Jesus, maybe we've concluded we aren't saved, I'm just tossing out some possible circumstances here,

IF we have been reborn, born from above, and we stop altogether living according to faith, then this is what will happen:

Hebrews 12:5-13 KJV
5) And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10) For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12) Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13) And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

If you are a son, this is what God will do, and you will be corrected by it. If He does not, it's because you weren't His son.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse is talking about those under the New Covenant who are capable of sinning but are kept from it by His indwelling presence.

I cant understand why folks choose to ignore the verse.
Well, perhaps, If I believe that I have the power to not sin, and yet I do sin, what does that say about me? To me it means I'm still maturing. I don't mind. Facts are facts. Maybe some mind, maybe some aren't willing to face the fact that they could actually resist a favorite temptation?

Just being that kind of committed against sin is a work of the Spirit, not to mention the self-control to not sin. But are we pressing into that kind of freedom? Or are we saying, No use, can't do it, just give up?

It's a difficult thing. I think where we lack that maturity, we're going to fall into fleshy works, but I also think that we take ahold of that power when we want it, and when we believe Jesus gives us that freedom.

All reticence towards trusting God, all hiding from Him, anything besides openness to our Creator is fleshy. Its in that openness towards God that I find the power to walk in His ways.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it seems your God has a big stick.

My God leaves the 99 and goes after the one who strayed.

Apples and oranges
Christ loves us, those who loves Him. People waiver and go astray and He embraces them when they come back.

And there is also the concept of justice and punishment and it can seem pretty cruel for those that think there is no ramifications for what they do.

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. Hosea 13:16

If you think that Christ does not carry a big stick....you need to read the Book of Revelation.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Simply stated, having trusted in Jesus, and being born again, should we at some future time we find we are not continuing in that daily trusting Jesus, maybe we've concluded we aren't saved, I'm just tossing out some possible circumstances here,

IF we have been reborn, born from above, and we stop altogether living according to faith, then this is what will happen:

Hebrews 12:5-13 KJV
5) And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6) For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7) If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8) But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10) For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12) Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13) And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

If you are a son, this is what God will do, and you will be corrected by it. If He does not, it's because you weren't His son.

Much love!

Yes this ties in with my offering that the Spirit of the Fear of the Lord indwells those truely born again as recorded in Jer 32:40
as He allows them to stray, but only so far at which time He goes out after them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Maybe, maybe not. The important thing is to do what the Bible says: Have faith of a quality that works, and continue to have that faith to the very end. .

You're only saved if you are born again.
Ferris Buellier.....I notice that in over 30 posts to me, in this Thread alone, the term "born again" is never in your post, as its never in your Religion.
(feel free to go and edit 10 or 20 and add the words), as that would be your "type".
And "the Cross" was in one post you sent me, after i reminded you that you never ever talk about the Cross of Jesus.

So, you never talk about "born again", and you have ONCE, in this Thread, talked about The Cross, and that was after i pointed out that you never do.
You haven't since.
But you do rant your rant about your WORKS, and holding onto your Savior, "your faith".
Your theology, is missing The Cross and Born again.
Mine isn't. Need proof? Look at my 260 Threads...and you'll find the Cross and the blood of Jesus, and BORN AGAIN, in 98%.
No doubt you'll come and talk about them now....
You'll probably even write :"The Cross" and "Born again" in an upcoming post... just before you run back to your enduring to the end Galatians 1:8 gospel of WORKS.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes this ties in with my offering that the Spirit of the Fear of the Lord indwells those truely born again as recorded in Jer 32:40
as He allows them to stray, but only so far at which time He goes out after them.

It is an utopian concept. The things that dreams are made of.

2nd Corinthians :5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, maybe not. The important thing is to do what the Bible says: Have faith of a quality that works, and continue to have that faith to the very end. Then you will indeed be saved and remain saved with no worries about the coming judgement. This is what the Bible says.

Amen.
Do ppl really not understand it doesn't matter what they think or believe. IF you can't back it up with the word,comparing spiritual with spiritual.........you've got nothing !

IT IS WHAT GOD SAYS IS SO. IF YOU LACK UNDERSTANDING THEN GET KNOWLEDGE ( STUDY THE WOG EVERY DAY) ,FOR FROM KNOWLEDGE COMES UNDERSTANDING IN THE LIGHT OF THE HS. IF YOU GET THESE THEN YOU GATHER WISDOM !

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Apples and oranges
Christ loves us, those who loves Him. People waiver and go astray and He embraces them when they come back.

A Son of God, can be a "DEMAS", or a "PAUL".
But a Son of God is always a Son of God.
Once you are born again, you are always born again.
You CAN stop being a Good Disciple, and most have had these days or even these years, but you can't stop being born again.
Being BORN AGAIN, which is to become a Son of God, happens the instant God gives you the new Birth.
That is before you have even been a Christian for 5 mins., and you are already "Seated in Heavenly Places"....."As Christ IS...so are the born again in THIS world".

So, if a born again, isn't perfect, 3 yrs after they are born again, then that is just how it goes., as they can never stop being born again by their BEHAVIOR or "faith crisis", as God didnt save YOU because you promised to always be good.
He SAVED YOU< because you gave Him your FAITH, ONCE, and He gave you the new Birth., that is ETERNAL, as Jesus is the ETERNAL LIFE that is IN YOU< and you are born again "in Christ".
Its done., and how you behave later does not effect this SONSHIP Status.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Status
Not open for further replies.