What is an antichrist?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them."

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

"The beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

Here are the Scriptures, who can tie them together to show what kind of antichrists God warns us of?

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber."

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them."

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Here are the Scriptures, who can tie them together to show what kind of an antichrists God warns us of?
An Antichrist is any man that sits on the throne of his own heart In opposition to everything that is God, pretty much proclaiming that he himself is God. This would include all those who do not have faith in Christ in which He does not dwell.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jesuits implanted a doctrine in the 1500s that the Antichrist would be one futuristic man who holds this title. Since then the lie has evolved into all types of lies including a Pretrib rapture of the church.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
There's your answer. Everyone who attacks the Holy Trinity and the deity of Christ is an antichrist.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did they also come up with the name 'rapture
The jesuits implanted a doctrine in the 1500s that the Antichrist would be one futuristic man who holds this title. Since then the lie has evolved into all types of lies including a Pretrib rapture of the church.
Are they the ones who also made up the term 'rapture'?

"When the whole world has an idea about something, then you can be sure they are wrong..."(Anonymous)

Tell me more, please.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An Antichrist is any man that sits on the throne of his own heart In opposition to everything that is God, pretty much proclaiming that he himself is God. This would include all those who do not have faith in Christ in which He does not dwell.
Uh oh. We have found a winner here.

A sleight tweak: "his would include all those who do not have the faith of Christ, in who's heart He did dwell..."

He that was and is not....

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's your answer. Everyone who attacks the Holy Trinity and the deity of Christ is an antichrist.
Attacks? I don't read of an 'attack' on the name of Jesus Christ. They do make war with the saints though.

Here's an answer:

" And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist"

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."

With the mouth we speak, but with the heart we confess. We can speak the name of Jesus, without confessing Him as Christ come in the flesh.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet is.
Ah yes, and yet is...

He that was a preacher of the righteousness of God, and is not preaching the righteousness of God, and yet is preaching his own righteousness as God.

An antichrist is any minister of the faith of Jesus, who departs from the apostles' doctrine, to establish his own doctrine of Christ, and so proselytize believers unto himself. He preaches Jesus in name only, and then proceeds to convert them to his own headship.

As King Saul, his heart was no longer for the Lord to help His people, but became a hardened heart of personal dominion over them.

The mystery of iniquity and that man of sin is this: And yet while they preach the name of Jesus with their lips, the thoughts and intents of their hearts are far from Him, and far from helping His believers, but rather are set and purposed to make merchandise of them. (Rev 18:13)

"Now there was long war between the house of Saul and the house of David: but David waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker." (2 Sam 3)

"And they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And it was given unto him to make war with the saints..." (Rev 13)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah yes, and yet is...

He that was a preacher of the righteousness of God, and is not preaching the righteousness of God, and yet is preaching his own righteousness as God.

An antichrist is any minister of the faith of Jesus, who departs from the apostles' doctrine, to establish his own doctrine of Christ, and so proselytize believers unto himself. He preaches Jesus in name only, and then proceeds to convert them to his own headship.

As King Saul, his heart was no longer for the Lord to help His people, but became a hardened heart of personal dominion over them.

The mystery of iniquity and that man of sin is this: And yet while they preach the name of Jesus with their lips, the thoughts and intents of their hearts are far from Him, and far from helping His believers, but rather are set and purposed to make merchandise of them. (Rev 18:13)

"Now there was long war between the house of Saul and the house of David: but David waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker." (2 Sam 3)

"And they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And it was given unto him to make war with the saints..." (Rev 13)
Interesting!

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, believing there won't come a physical, living, breathing, blaspheming, son of perdition, man of lawlessness, is not believing the warnings given us in the scriptures. His spirit is with us today and I have no doubt he's going to be revealed very soon.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, believing there won't come a physical, living, breathing, blaspheming, son of perdition, man of lawlessness, is not believing the warnings given us in the scriptures. His spirit is with us today and I have no doubt he's going to be revealed very soon.
I didn't say there wouldn't be another one such. In fact, so long as Christians are on earth, there will be antichrists coming out on earth, even as there have been since Christians began to be on earth, after Jesus resurrection.

They are the devil's spoilers to counteract the true ministry of Christ, and seduce Christians back into his kingdom of darkness. An obvious countermove on his part.

I am not denying a last antichrist on a world-wide level. What I am looking at is what is an antichrist according to Scripture. Of which there have already been many in the days of John the apostle.

This understanding will of course better inform us of that last one to come riding in on his whited horse to tell us we need him, just like we need Jesus, if not even more...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Antichrist is he/she who misrepresents God. Misrepresentation has been Lucifer's game from the start.....he duplicates himself in all misrepresentation.....particularly when it comes to God's revelation in Jesus.

Now I would ask, how is the Jesus represented in Cathedrals built at massive expense and the targeted pursuit of worldly riches with pride and opulent display.....hootin' tooting' holy rollers.....judgemental attitudes of those who claim to be his followers.....the list goes on.

The comparisons between the man who had nowhere to lay his head and the stuff above mentioned leave only the blind unable to identify AntiChrist

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The first paragraph of that links displays two giant falsehoods.

1. Attributed to the Protestant Reformation - "Civil and religious liberty were inaugurated".
What about the 150 years of persecution and murder of Catholics in England? Not much religious liberty there.
What about the penal laws against Catholics in Ireland and the near genocide of Catholics by Protestant Oliver Cromwell? Not much religious liberty there.

2. "Rome (meaning the Vatican) was shaken on her seven hills."
The Vatican does not sit on nay of the seven hills of Rome. Originally it was not even in Rome. Rome expanded around it.

Read on and there are more falsehoods. Its claims bear no relation to reality.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here are the Scriptures, who can tie them together to show what kind of antichrists God warns us of?

An antichrist is one who either stands in opposition to, or misrepresents Jesus. As John penned they were quite on the scene in his lifetime as the great apostasy was getting under way. Many people are awaiting an appearance of THE antichrist, but will be disappointed on that as you pointed out, there is no such thing coming, they are many and well established. That is why it is important to learn the Bible's message so as not to be deceived by them.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antichrist is he/she who misrepresents God. Misrepresentation has been Lucifer's game from the start.....he duplicates himself in all misrepresentation.....particularly when it comes to God's revelation in Jesus.

Now I would ask, how is the Jesus represented in Cathedrals built at massive expense and the targeted pursuit of worldly riches with pride and opulent display.....hootin' tooting' holy rollers.....judgemental attitudes of those who claim to be his followers.....the list goes on.

The comparisons between the man who had nowhere to lay his head and the stuff above mentioned leave only the blind unable to identify AntiChrist
2 Thessalonians 2:4 KJV
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
This seems to be the go to verse for all the one man Antichrist promoters.

The Apostle Paul Spent the majority of his ministry revealing to the body that we are the temple. He himself was even present at the stoning of Steven after he had said to the religious leaders that the most high doesn’t dwell in houses made with hands.

I cannot see Paul at this time in his life having any reverence for that structure that was standing there in Israel.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An antichrist is one who either stands in opposition to, or misrepresents Jesus. As John penned they were quite on the scene in his lifetime as the great apostasy was getting under way. Many people are awaiting an appearance of THE antichrist, but will be disappointed on that as you pointed out, there is no such thing coming, they are many and well established. That is why it is important to learn the Bible's message so as not to be deceived by them.
Yes, at John’s time they were called judaizers.