What is Faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What Is Faith.

we’ve Only just had that thread last week. Post yours there , we don’t need two threads called “ What is Faith”

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don’t see it. Is it under this forum? There was one that said what is a Christian?

hi, just click on the link on post #2 that I put up…( says What Is Faith )
it will take you straight to it…and you can post your thoughts there :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just click on the link on post #2 that I put up…( says What Is Faith )
it will take you straight to it…and you can post your thoughts there :)
I looked and couldn't find the other thread.

Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Reactions: Helen

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is a supernatural virtue or help from God!

it is an intellectual assent to a truth revealed by Christ and proposed by His holy church for our belief!

My God I believe, hope, adore and love Thee, and ask pardon for those who do not!

“Faith is the virtue by which we firmly believe all the truths God has revealed, on the word of God revealing them, who can neither deceive nor be deceived (John 20:29)”

“Hope is the virtue by which we firmly trust that God, who is all-powerful and faithful to His promises, will in His mercy give us eternal happiness and the means to obtain it (Romans 8:24-25)”

“Charity is the virtue by which we love God above all things for His own sake, and our neighbor as ourselves for the love of God (1 Corinthians 13:1-2)”

Act of Faith
O my God, I firmly believe that Thou art one God in three Divine Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Thy Divine Son became man and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches, because Thou hast revealed them, Who canst neither deceive nor be deceived. Amen.

Act of Hope
O my God, relying on Thy almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of Thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer. Amen.

Act of Charity (Love)
O my God, I love Thee above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because Thou art all good and worthy of all my love. I love my neighbor as myself for the love of Thee. I forgive all who have injured me, and ask pardon of all whom I have injured. Amen.