What Is Found At Grandma's house?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My grandma was very stern and not cuddly at all. I had to be so prim and proper when visiting and a bit scared of her but I loved my grandpa who would sing to me. He had a nice little garden with some pink flowers that we call London Pride.
OIP.HmvTz5x9L8glFwyr0PeFWwHaLH

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think @Nancy is going to post a new game for us with name, place and occupaion.
So I thought I'd start a new one too...

As @Pearl mentioned in the older game...these boards are at least a happy place with no arguments ..a nice break after posting in the 'heavy' threads :)

At Grandma's house = a button box ...we kids were allowed to tip them out and sort into colours etc...

@farouk @Taken @Sabertooth @Grams
Not sure if @charity will find time for this :) @Heart2Soul @mjrhealth
@amadeus

Green jelly mints. Her organ. Parcheesi!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grandma was very stern and not cuddly at all. I had to be so prim and proper when visiting and a bit scared of her but I loved my grandpa who would sing to me. He had a nice little garden with some pink flowers that we call London Pride.

I can relate to that.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grandma loved daffodils, they still shoulder their way through every spring.
It’s like a part of her is still here.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
My grandmother had one of those washing machines down in the spring house. Which was a room under the house through which a spring flowed to provide them water.

During Sunday lunches, there may have been a watermelon chilling in the spring house that we would enjoy. These were the long watermelons full of black seeds, that can no longer be found in supermarkets. The worse tasting seedless watermelons have taken over.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My grandmother had one of those washing machines down in the spring house. Which was a room under the house through which a spring flowed to provide them water.

During Sunday lunches, there may have been a watermelon chilling in the spring house that we would enjoy. These were the long watermelons full of black seeds, that can no longer be found in supermarkets. The worse tasting seedless watermelons have taken over.
My grandfathers garden was full of these and turtles lol, he had his picture in the paper one year for growing a 25lb cantaloupe.

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A pair of very large and hideous Victorian vases and greyscale reproduction of a stag.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A hook and a metal hand on top of his dresser

...my grandad lost half his arm in the Boar War...so he wore a hook during the week and his metal hand (which he hated) on Sundays for church.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A hook and a metal hand on top of his dresser

...my grandad lost half his arm in the Boar War...so he wore a hook during the week and his metal hand (which he hated) on Sundays for church.
Interesting my grandfather had the polio as a child and wore a brace on his left leg and a special shoe that had a sole about 2 inches higher than the right too level him out.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen