• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So, i did look carefully, and revised my post.

As usual you only want to talk about works., and this THREAD is not about that, Johann.
--which is biblical

Eph_2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

"for good works" Believers' lifestyles after they meet Christ are an evidence of their salvation (cf. James and 1 John).

They are saved by grace through faith unto works! They are saved to serve! Faith without works is dead, as are works without faith (cf. Matt. 7:21-23 and James 2:14-26).

Salvation is a gate and a way/road. The goal of the Father's choice is that believers be "holy and blameless" (cf. Eph. 1:4).

Paul was often attacked for his radically free gospel because it seemed to encourage godless living. A gospel so seemingly unconnected to moral performance must lead to abuse.

Paul's gospel was free in the grace of God, but it also demanded an appropriate response, not only in initial repentance, but in ongoing confessing. Godly living is the result, not lawlessness. Good works are not the mechanism of salvation, but the result. This paradox of a completely free salvation and a cost-everything response is difficult to communicate, but the two must be held in a tension-filled balance.

American individualism has distorted the gospel. Humans are not saved because God loves them so much individually, but because God loves fallen mankind, mankind made in His image. He saves and changes individuals to reach more individuals. The ultimate focus of love is primarily corporate (cf. John 3:16), but it is received individually (cf. John 1:12; Romans 10:9-13; 1 Cor. 15:1).

"which God prepared beforehand" This strong term (pro + hetoimos, " to prepare before") relates to the theological concept of predestination (cf. Eph. 1:4-5,11) and is used only here and in Rom. 9:23. God chose a people to reflect His character. Through Christ, the Father has restored His image in fallen mankind (cf. Gen. 1:26-27).

"for good works" Believers' lifestyles after they meet Christ are an evidence of their salvation (cf. James and 1 John). They are saved by grace through faith unto works! They are saved to serve! Faith without works is dead, as are works without faith (cf. Matt. 7:21-23 and James 2:14-26). Salvation is a gate and a way/road. The goal of the Father's choice is that believers be "holy and blameless" (cf. Eph. 1:4).

Paul was often attacked for his radically free gospel because it seemed to encourage godless living. A gospel so seemingly unconnected to moral performance must lead to abuse. Paul's gospel was free in the grace of God, but it also demanded an appropriate response, not only in initial repentance, but in ongoing repentance. Godly living is the result, not lawlessness. Good works are not the mechanism of salvation, but the result. This paradox of a completely free salvation and a cost-everything response is difficult to communicate, but the two must be held in a tension-filled balance.

American individualism has distorted the gospel. Humans are not saved because God loves them so much individually, but because God loves fallen mankind, mankind made in His image. He saves and changes individuals to reach more individuals. The ultimate focus of love is primarily corporate (cf. John 3:16), but it is received individually (cf. John 1:12; Romans 10:9-13; 1 Cor. 15:1).

▣ "which God prepared beforehand" This strong term (pro + hetoimos, " to prepare before") relates to the theological concept of predestination (cf. Eph. 1:4-5,11) and is used only here and in Rom. 9:23. God chose a people to reflect His character. Through Christ, the Father has restored His image in fallen mankind (cf. Gen. 1:26-27).
"for good works" Believers' lifestyles after they meet Christ are an evidence of their salvation (cf. James and 1 John). They are saved by grace through faith unto works! They are saved to serve! Faith without works is dead, as are works without faith (cf. Matt. 7:21-23 and James 2:14-26). Salvation is a gate and a way/road. The goal of the Father's choice is that believers be "holy and blameless" (cf. Eph. 1:4).

Paul was often attacked for his radically free gospel because it seemed to encourage godless living. A gospel so seemingly unconnected to moral performance must lead to abuse. Paul's gospel was free in the grace of God, but it also demanded an appropriate response, not only in initial repentance, but in ongoing repentance. Godly living is the result, not lawlessness. Good works are not the mechanism of salvation, but the result. This paradox of a completely free salvation and a cost-everything response is difficult to communicate, but the two must be held in a tension-filled balance.

▣ "which God prepared beforehand" This strong term (pro + hetoimos, " to prepare before") relates to the theological concept of predestination (cf. Eph. 1:4-5,11) and is used only here and in Rom. 9:23. God chose a people to reflect His character. Through Christ, the Father has restored His image in fallen mankind (cf. Gen. 1:26-27).

John 10:32
Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

1 Timothy 6:18
That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Romans 13:3
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

1 Timothy 2:10
But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Titus 3:8
This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

2 Timothy 3:17
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

1 Timothy 5:10
Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

Titus 3:14
And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Titus 2:7
In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

Isaiah 59:6
Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Timothy 5:25
Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

Psalms 73:28
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

James 3:13
Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

Psalms 145:9
The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

1 Samuel 19:4
And Jonathan spake good of David unto Saul his father, and said unto him, Let not the king sin against his servant, against David; because he hath not sinned against thee, and because his works have been to thee-ward very good:

James 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Acts 9:36
Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

Titus 1:16
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

James 2:22
Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Psalms 14:1chapter context similar meaning copy save
(To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Romans 9:11chapter context similar meaning copy save
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

1 Peter 2:12chapter context similar meaning copy save
Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is not the cross but THE CRUCIFIED ONE who died and who also rose from the dead. That is the heart of the Gospel.

Not according to Paul.

See, "The Cross of Christ' is the SACRIFICE for SIN, that is the BLOOD ATONEMENT, that is the REDEMPTION.

Notice. Paul's doctrine.... that Im showing you, Enoch111
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 CORINTHIANS 2:2

""""For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and HIM Crucified.""""

1 Corinthians 1:23

23 """"But we preach Christ CRUCIFIED..., unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;""

1 Corinthians 1:18​

“For the preaching of the CROSS..... is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.”​

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
--which is biblical

Its biblical for you to come to a Thread that is about Grace as "imputed righteousness"... and post these long posts about works?

Well, i dont know that i can get Rita to ask you to stop, but if you want me to give that a shot, then keep posting these very long cut and paste posts, that are excessively long, and are not dealing with the Thread's Topic..

The next time, im not going to ask you.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is not the cross but THE CRUCIFIED ONE who died and who also rose from the dead. That is the heart of the Gospel.
1Co_1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co_2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

I really believe there is a problem with him.
Johann.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen
Seem as though some only see the tree and not the beloved only begotten Son of God whom died there !

Hate groups use " the cross" as a symbol of their bigotry & prejudices!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Its biblical for you to come to a Thread that is about Grace and post these long posts about works?

Well, i dont know that i can get Rita to ask you to stop, but if you want me to give that a shot, then keep posting these very long cut and paste posts, that are excessively long, and are not dealing with the Thread's Topic..

The next time, im not going to ask you.
On ignore you go @Behold and you won't be missed.
Johann.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1Co_1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co_2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

I really believe there is a problem with him.
Johann.

Perfect.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen
Seem as though some only see the tree and not the beloved only begotten Son of God whom died there !

Hate groups use " the cross" as a symbol of their bigotry & prejudices!
Here's another one-most are just standing BEFORE the empty cross-but are not willing to go THROUGH the cross to be embraced by the living Messiah-the cost is too high.
Shalom
Johann.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another one-most are just standing BEFORE the empty cross-but are not willing to go THROUGH the cross to be embraced by the living Messiah-the cost is too high.
Shalom
Johann.
I agree there is an AFTER the cross of Christ in receiving our salvation. This,before, is where the stunted or dwarfed babies are still standing having NEVER left the principals of....and moving beyond into discipleship & growth !

Last edited:
Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I agree there is an AFTER the cross of Christ in receiving our salvation. This,before, is where the stunted or dwarfed babies are still standing having NEVER left the principals of....and moving beyond into discipleship & growth !
Well said.
Johann.

Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here's another one-most are just standing BEFORE the empty cross-but are not willing to go THROUGH the cross to be embraced by the living Messiah

I can't speak for you, Johann .... but God and Christ met me at the Cross, when i was "yet a sinner".

The reason you and the rest... are on MY Thread, that is part of my "work" on a forum, is literally because God and Christ met me at the Cross, when i was "Yet a sinner".

• Love

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Spiritual Growth, is not "presenting your body as a living sacrifice to God" nor is it "Carrying your Cross", nor is it presenting a Martyr's Complex on a Forum,

Spiritual Growth is not about works of self effort to try to produce it., as that is "faking it".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Spiritual Growth, is not "presenting your body as a living sacrifice to God" nor is it "Carrying your Cross", nor is it presenting a Martyr's Complex on a Forum,

Spiritual Growth is not about works of self effort to try to produce it., as that is "faking it".
Amen!!!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is sad, IMO, to see " old" emm," elder" folks speak foolishness of interpretation, instead of the wisdom of God !
Sad too are the stunted
one-trick pony riders of the word of God, the hobie horserers.

The message of the gospel of Jesus Christ is SALVATION !

The message of the epistles of PAUL, JAMES JOHN, & PETER are the instructions on maturing growth to the DISCIPLES & FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST.

If one has the first but not the latter, they are stunted, babes on the milk of the word & NOT THE MEAT ! These are the true " fakers"

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is sad, IMO, to see " old" emm," elder" folks speak foolishness of interpretation, instead of the wisdom of God !
Sad too are the stunted
one-trick pony riders of the word of God, the hobie horserers.

The message of the gospel of Jesus Christ is SALVATION !

The message of the epistles of PAUL, JAMES JOHN, & PETER are the instructions on maturing growth to the DISCIPLES & FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST.

If one has the first but not the latter, they are stunted, babes on the milk of the word & NOT THE MEAT ! These are the true " fakers"
Guess I will find out one day if I was a "fake" and here to glorify myself-or to glorify the living Christ Jesus.
God bless Keturah
Johann.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess I will find out one day if I was a "fake" and here to glorify myself-or to glorify the living Christ Jesus.
God bless Keturah
Johann.
As so shall we ALL....one day !

The judgements of " little" men mean NOTHING to me but it is the WORD OF GOD on which I stand !

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't speak for you, Johann .... but God and Christ met me at the Cross, when i was "yet a sinner".

The reason you and the rest... are on MY Thread, that is part of my "work" on a forum, is literally because God and Christ met me at the Cross, when i was "Yet a sinner".
EMMMM, this is a PUBLIC forum, I'm not aware that threads belong to "ANY", but the owners of said site.

Nothing I post here is " my" property. I had better be able to back up my speech by "THE WORD OF GOD , not just my
opinion, my belief 100% !

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
EMMMM, this is a PUBLIC forum, I'm not aware that threads belong to "ANY", but the owners of said site.

Nothing I post here is " my" property. I had better be able to back up my speech by "THE WORD OF GOD , not just my
opinion, my belief 100% !
He is on ignore-guess I must be doing something right.
Johann.
Coffee time-and gym.