• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I detect a sudden "change of the wind" or are we still good?
Johann.
Nope, we are STILL GOOD ! ❤️
This is addressed to another.

Lol some here are like Valdermort of Harry Potter , he who shall NOT be named.

Uht oh, now I'll be labeled a witch since I mentioned " that" movie !............lol

Reactions: Johann

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"Jesus went around doing good"..... So, if we just do that, we are like Jesus, in that regard.

"Jesus came into the world to Save sinners"...... So when we witness, preach, teach, and someone is led to Jesus;, we again have done what Jesus was doing.

"Study to show thyself approved to God"... Is a must do. BIBLE READING...,. God directly to Romans 3:21-28 .. and Hebrews 13:9 and stay a while, Reader.

Reader, let me give you the Short version of Discipleship, in case you are stuck in reverse trying to figure it out.

1.) Do Good

2.) Trust in God

See, if you do those 2, then you will be doing a lot for God, and you will be pleasing God a lot, as "without faith, its impossible to Please God".

Reader, one more...

Watch this...

If you do one good deed per day, for someone, then at the end of your life, you can know you performed a life of good deeds.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
EMMMM, this is a PUBLIC forum, I'm not aware that threads belong to "ANY", but the owners of said site.

Nothing I post here is " my" property. I had better be able to back up my speech by "THE WORD OF GOD , not just my
opinion, my belief 100% !

I was not aware that the posted material (This Thread) is the "intellectual property right" of the Owner of the Forum.

Do you know this, for a fact?

(If a MOD reads this post, maybe they can let us all know.....)

So if the posted Thread is not become the private property of the Forum Owner.... then a posted Thread is similar to a "blog" and is owned by the Creator.

So, as far as i know.... the "Thread", is the posted "intellectual property" created by the person, , and is thereby under the ownership of the Person.

Im the guy.

And you are welcome to my Threads, Keturah.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Lol some here are like Valdermort of Harry Potter , he who shall NOT be named.

Uht oh, now I'll be labeled a witch since I mentioned " that" movie !............lol

God gives us Free Will.

That is a "do what you want to do" license.

Ive not seen the H. Potter series, and i didnt watch the "Game of Thrones".. series.

(Free Will).

If you own both collections on Blu-Ray, did you lose your Salvation when you watched the HP WitchCraft and the Rape and so forth, in GOT?

=Thats a no.

But its also a NO to say that you were walking in the spirit and in the will of God when you were watching that "stuff".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Guess I will find out one day if I was a "fake" and here to glorify myself-or to glorify the living Christ Jesus.
God bless Keturah
Johann.

Living for the Lord is the standard of Discipleship for us all.

However, if a person teaches that you must do that to "stay saved" then this person is teaching : The Gospel of Works., and that is "heresy".

It's Galatians 1:8

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So many times I've questioned
Certain circumstances
Things I could not understand
Many times in trials
Weakness blurs my vision
And my frustration gets so out of hand
It's then I am reminded
I've never been forsaken
I've never had to stand the test alone
So, when I look at all the victories
I'm reminded all that God has done for me
And it's through the fire
My weakness is made strong, oh, yeah

He never promised
That the cross would not get heavy
And the hill would not be hard to climb
(He never)
He never offered
Our victories without fighting
But He said help would always come in time
Just remember when you're standing
In the valley of decision
And the adversary says give in
Just hold on, our Lord will show up
And He will take you through the fire again
You might also like
When He Was On The Cross (I Was On His Mind)
Jason Crabb
Sometimes I Cry
Jason Crabb
YOASOBI - アイドル (Idol) (Romanized)
Genius Romanizations
Yes, I know within myself
That I would surely perish
But if I trust by the hand of God
He'll shield the flames again, again

No, He never promised
That the cross would not get heavy
And the hill would not be hard to climb
(He never)
No, no, He never offered
Our victories without fighting
He said help would always come in time, oh...
Just remember when you're standing
In the valley of decision
And the adversary says give in
You just hold on, our Lord will show up
So, just hold on, our Lord will show up

(Never leave you)
Said He'd never leave me alone, no
(Never leave you)
Said He'd never leave me alone, no, no, no
Said He'd never leave me alone
Jason Crabb

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I have written is my understanding of the policies of this site & CAPTCHA.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Imputed Righteousness.....

Here is another way to see it..

God became one of us, and fulfilled everything, all the law, all the commandments, all the love, all the sinlessness, all the Holiness.

And that is a LIFE of Righteousness, that Jesus LIVED.

That Righteous Life, is "imputed" "charged" to the Believer, as being born again as : "Made Righteous".

Listen now..

This literally means, that the Holy Life that Jesus Lived.. .has been given to you, as the "Gift of Righteousness", and "The Gift of Salvation"....

This Truly means that The Life that Christ Lived... has now become you, as if you did it., and that is your

= Eternal LIFE.

This is what it means to be
"IN Christ"... having become born again, as :

""The Righteousness of God, in Christ".

Now, if you understood that, ... you need to believe it at all times... as that is the "renewed mind".

And here is the verse that shows you what i just taught you.

"As JESUS IS.... so are the born again.... in
This WORLD"

• Love

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See how simple it is?

Salvation is so simple......and men turn it into incomprehensible doctrine that confuses scholars.

Paul told us that SALVATION is the "simplicity that is IN Christ.""

Here is Salvation..

YOU Take Christ
God Takes You

That's it.
Done.

The rest, is DISCIPLESHIP that follows Salvation, and that is where the heretics come in and try to put The CROSS of CHRIST in the Background, while they try to prove that Works are required .

Its this that the HERETICS teach...

The CROSS + Works = Salvation

The Cross + Water Baptism

The Cross + Enduring to the End

The Cross + Commandment keeping

The Cross + Confessing sin

See the ADD ON Reader?

Its the
+. +++++++

Listen :

= Salvation is JESUS and that CROSS. + NOTHING.
I doubt you guys are even convinced of your own position because you go round and round and round in never ending ejaculations.
Consider a 'babylonian' reading your stuff? ....what reference point do you give them for any hope?.....your hoops?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never use the term "imparted righteousness".

That's your commentary talking to you again, Enoch111

And in not a "cult of mary" member.

Listen,

Paul teaches "The Gift of Righteousness"..

""""""For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the Gift of Righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.:"""

Romans 5:17

Thats what i teach... Just that.

Paul teaches this as "Made Righteous".
Imparted righteousness is a gift. It is the righteousness of Christ. As we receive Christ, we receive His righteousness.

• Love

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still trying to teach instead of trying to learn? You are failing miserably. You are confusing (a) REGENERATION (b) THE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE and (c) IMPARTED RIGHTEOUSNESS (a false Catholic concept) with imputed righteous. And the fact that you failed to provide the actual relevant Scriptures regarding imputed righteousness means that you are manufacturing your own theology.

According to the Bible when a sinner repents and puts his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ, God IMPUTES or RECKONS or COUNTS to that believer the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST. In other words, the believer is deemed to be as righteous as Christ because of his faith. Just as Abraham BELIEVED GOD and it was imputed to him for righteousness.

This is NOT imparted righteousness but imputed righteousness. Big difference. This is also not regeneration, nor justification, nor sanctification, nor the gift of eternal life. They are all related to salvation but they are all distinct from each other.

ROMANS 4: IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS BASED UPON GENUINE FAITH
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
9Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was
reckonedto Abraham for righteousness.
10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
13For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:
20He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
21And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

NOTICE THAT THE WORDS "IMPUTED", "RECKONED" AND "COUNTED" ARE USED OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
Enoch, don't you believe that after a sinner repents, their life doesn't change? They continue to sin and must repent in a vicious cycle of sin, repent, sin, repent ad infinitum?

But when Jesus makes us righteous, that cycle ends. I think that is what @Behold believes too, don't you? What would you call that? Imparted, or imputed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes.

We become "made Righteous" by that imputed Gift.
We remain "made righteous" by that Gift of Righteousness.
The question I don't see you addressing, is the question related to character. Does the righteousness we receive actually forensically change who we are and how we behave? Does it affect character?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What would you call that? Imparted, or imputed?
I think there's both. We will never attain to the perfect holiness of deity, so we will always need that imputed righteousness through being justified by faith in the blood of Christ. But as we are, unless we are made into new creatures, by the impartation of Christ's righteousness into our minds and hearts affecting who we are and how we relate to God and neighbor, we will never be for candidates for the fellowship of heavenly beings.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The question I don't see you addressing, is the question related to character. Does the righteousness we receive actually forensically change who we are and how we behave? Does it affect character?

"I will put a new heart within you".

God imputs into us His Divine Nature

2 Peter 1:4​

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,..​

The "promises" are that when we give God our faith in Christ, God gives to us this..​

You become a "new Creation, in Christ".​

Our Spirit is born again into spiritual union with God. Our sin is forgiven.​

Our conscience is remodeled and right there is where the "character" begins to change, as we begin immediately to see "wrong vs right" in a brand new Light.​

So, this revelation, that is to have this new sensitivity in our conscience, becomes a very prominent guide that teaches us "don't go there". "dont do that", and as that remakes our behavior, .. this is our character being remodeled.​

There is also the indwelling Spirit of Christ , that is the "divine nature", and this has the effect of empowering us into that change of nature and character. Do we get up from our knees having just been born again and are seriously different? That happened to me, and to a lot of other believers. They were stunningly changed... and their family knew it, and their friends all left because they didnt want to be around someone who didn't love to sin anymore.​

Milage varies on that situation.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there's both. We will never attain to the perfect holiness of deity, so we will always need that imputed righteousness through being justified by faith in the blood of Christ. But as we are, unless we are made into new creatures, by the impartation of Christ's righteousness into our minds and hearts affecting who we are and how we relate to God and neighbor, we will never be for candidates for the fellowship of heavenly beings.

I agree. Mankind is born a sinner and must be born again of the Spirit.

But I disagree that through the power of Jesus as not only the Author of our faith, but also the Finisher we can never be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect just as Jesus said. I believe Him. When Jesus takes away the sin out of our nature we are sinless, and therefore, RIGHTEOUS. But when we have finally matured ALL the fruit of the Spirit also, that is when we are HOLY. Don't forget Jesus not only takes away our sin, but is the vine-keeper of our fruit.

Revelation 22:11
11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Peter 1:4​

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,..​

The "promises" are that when we give God our faith in Christ, God gives to us this..​

You become a "new Creation, in Christ".​

Our Spirit is born again into spiritual union with God. Our sin is forgiven.​

Our conscience is remodeled and right there is where the "character" begins to change, as we begin immediately to see "wrong vs right" in a brand new Light.​

So, this revelation, that is to have this new sensitivity in our conscience, becomes a very prominent guide that teaches us "don't go there". "dont do that", and as that remakes our behavior, .. this is our character being remodeled.​

There is also the indwelling Spirit of Christ , that is the "divine nature", and this has the effect of empowering us into that change of nature and character. Do we get up from our knees having just been born again and are seriously different? That happened to me, and to a lot of other believers. They were stunningly changed... and their family knew it, and their friends all left because they didnt want to be around someone who didn't love to sin anymore.​

Milage varies on that situation.
I think we are finally on the same page! Love you brother! I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

...and what does it look like? Does it look like we can burn the wicked just like you say God does, if they don't jump through our hoops?