What is Mariology?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mungo @Illuminator @Marymog

John 2:12

Why did Mary and her children only stay with Jesus a few days?

It must have been “Uncomfortable” with his spiritual and natural family together “Not many days - AV” - Obviously did not work out - his family perhaps returned to Nazareth.

What is Mariology?

It says next verse why
They went up to Jerusalem for the feast

mare you ready to take on the perpetual virginity now?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mare you ready to take on the perpetual virginity now?
Nothing to take on we have already shown Mary to be fallible, certainly not a Mother of God. Scripture is super clear Jesus had brothers and sisters so :cool: what is there to prove?

Look at it this way theefaith - if we applied Catholic dogma to Mary we would need to rewrite Scripture and that's not going to happen. Mary made mistakes, got things wrong and sinned just like the rest of us. She went on to have a family with Joseph and lived a normal life. She died and is buried to this day just like David.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It says next verse why
They went up to Jerusalem for the feast
You didn't answer the question...why did Mary and Jesus' brothers not continue on in his ministry? They went home and resumed their normal lives?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Placed by the grace of God, as God's Mother, next to her Son, and exalted above all angels and men, Mary intervened in the mysteries of Christ

None of that is true.

When anyone builds shrines to Mary, prays to Mary, and worse yet, prays to her and venerates her while on their knees, that’s idol worship.

When the pope was shot, he said later that he prayed to Mary on the way to the hospital, and when he recovered, he thanked Mary, and not God.

That’s Maryolatry.

Mary was not translated alive to heaven without dying, is not co-ruling with Jesus in heaven as the queen, is not a mediatrix - we don’t need Mary to meditate between us and Jesus - there’s one mediator between man and God, not two.

And we don’t need a middleman to pray to, to reach God - we pray straight to the Father in Jesus’ name.

We pray wholesale, not retail. We avoid the middleman, or in this case, middlewoman.

Maranatha

Last edited:
Reactions: face2face

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
FACE2FACE will be ignored for ignoring all my posts.

4387243-red-ignore-button.jpg

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to take on we have already shown Mary to be fallible, certainly not a Mother of God. Scripture is super clear Jesus had brothers and sisters so :cool: what is there to prove?

Look at it this way theefaith - if we applied Catholic dogma to Mary we would need to rewrite Scripture and that's not going to happen. Mary made mistakes, got things wrong and sinned just like the rest of us. She went on to have a family with Joseph and lived a normal life. She died and is buried to this day just like David.

first you can’t use scripture against the church cos the church wrote the New Testament

second the scripture says Mary is mother of God Lk 1:43
Third if Jesus is divine mary as his mother must be mother of God
Fourth if Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33 then Mary is queen
If Jesus is our salvation Lk 2:30 then Mary is the mother of our salvation
And cos she consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

just cos it says brothers does not make it brothers
Just cos it says brothers does not make them children of Mary

the Bible says they are children of other parents

Brothers and sisters of Jesus?

They are not the children of Mary!

Is 7:14 a virgin shall conceive and bear a son!
(One son, singular)

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

The 12 sons of Jacob are brothers but all are not the children of Leah and all are not the children of Rachel! They had 4 mother’s, These may be brothers but they are simply not the children of One mother and the brothers of Jesus are not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Is Mary the mother of James?
If you mean the Blessed Virgin Mary then no. Her sister-in-law, Mary of Clopas, was the wife of Alphaeus (St. Joseph's brother), and mother of Simon, Joseph, and the apostles Judas Thaddeus, and James (the Less, brother of the Lord): Jesus' cousins.

The "sisters" of Jesus refer to women disciples

Salome, or Mary Salome, was the wife of Zebedee, and mother of apostles John (the beloved), and James (the greater).

Regarding Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3, two of the four "brethren" are James and Judas of Alphaeus (cf. Mat. 10:2-3, Lk. 6:15-16, Act. 1:13). The third, Joseph, is identified in Mk. 15:40 as the brother of James of Alphaeus. The fourth, Simon, is identified in Mat. 13:55 and Mk. 6:3 as the brother of Joseph, James, and Judas of Alphaeus. Therefore, all four are were the sons of Alphaeus, not St. Joseph and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

When Jesus was twelve they went up to Jerusalem, the holy family, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus. Where are the brothers and sisters?

Jesus on the cross gives His mother to John, why? Why not James or a brother? Perhaps the law of Moses requires a mother to be given to the next oldest son? Because he was an only Son!
Only begotten of the Father, only begotten of the Mother.

Only God can be born of a Virgin-mother!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer the question...why did Mary and Jesus' brothers not continue on in his ministry? They went home and resumed their normal lives?

they have not even started yet
It’s early and Jesus is still gathering and teaching his apostles
His hour has not come yet
Why do you think they are rejecting Christ and his ministry that’s silly

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
they have not even started yet
It’s early and Jesus is still gathering and teaching his apostles
His hour has not come yet
Why do you think they are rejecting Christ and his ministry that’s silly

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32

I didn't say reject, did I.
Why do you think Mary and Jesus's brothers didn't become his disciples?
It's a valid question?
Also the moment John's disciples became Jesus's disciples and he performed his first miracle (as recorded) his ministry had began.
Jesus was alluding to his death when he said his time had not yet come ;)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
FACE2FACE will be ignored for ignoring all my posts.
Are you referring to those posts where you are trying to justify idol worship. Its such poor use of Scripture I honestly don't know what to say.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@theefaith credit goes to you trying to understand the Word and I can see you have the ability to get behind it...just need to ask the right questions!
@Mungo is lost
@Marymog has gone missing
@Illuminator quotes Scripture assuming he understands it - not teachable yet

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say reject, did I.
Why do you think Mary and Jesus's brothers didn't become his disciples?
It's a valid question?
Also the moment John's disciples became Jesus's disciples and he performed his first miracle (as recorded) his ministry had began.
Jesus was alluding to his death when he said his time had not yet come ;)

they did become his apostles

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1:17 ministry
Acts 1:20 bishoprick
Acts 1:26 Mathias succeeded judas as apostle

Jesus said otherwise Peter has the jurisdictional keys of authority

do these bishops and presbyters (priests) have authority from Christ to forgive sins?

Do you’re pastors and elders have authority from Christ to forgive sins?

In Acts 20:28 the Apostle Paul declares to the Ephesus Elders :
"Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood."

Elders oversee and shepherd.

There is no Apostolic Succession.

Reactions: face2face

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Acts 20:28 the Apostle Paul declares to the Ephesus Elders :
"Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood."

Elders oversee and shepherd.

There is no Apostolic Succession.
Explain the successors of Moses please matt 23 remember Jesus commanded obedience to them!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also tell me how Matt 28:19-20 is going to be fulfilled?
Only the apostles are commissioned to teach all nations (without error jn 16:13) baptize disciples and bring the salvation of Jesus Christ and Jesus says he is with his apostles till the end so the apostles remain till the end or until he returns

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Also tell me how Matt 28:19-20 is going to be fulfilled?
Only the apostles are commissioned to teach all nations (without error jn 16:13) baptize disciples and bring the salvation of Jesus Christ and Jesus says he is with his apostles till the end so the apostles remain till the end or until he returns

Isn't it nice to read the end of that section where Jesus promises to be with each of us till the end of the age (until his return)

i.e the eleven disciples went....

Jesus is with all his disciples when proclaiming the Good news of the Kingdom of God on Earth and the name of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-12

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it nice to read the end of that section where Jesus promises to be with each of us till the end of the age (until his return)

i.e the eleven disciples went....

Jesus is with all his disciples when proclaiming the Good news of the Kingdom of God on Earth and the name of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:11-12

matt 28 only applies to the apostles

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith credit goes to you trying to understand the Word and I can see you have the ability to get behind it...just need to ask the right questions!
@Mungo is lost
@Marymog has gone missing
@Illuminator quotes Scripture assuming he understands it - not teachable yet
You crack me up.

YOU have decided that @theefaith is trying to understand the Word and YOU can see he has ability but he just needs to ask the right questions
YOU have decided that @Mungo is lost
YOU have decided that @Illuminator assumes he understands Scripture but is not teachable yet

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Just to let you know I have not gone missing. I just know there is NOTHING that can be said to you because YOU are not lost YOU understand the Word and YOU know the right questions to ask and YOU understand Scripture and there is nothing that us unteachable peons can teach you....So why should I continue to engage with you since YOU know it all and nothing will change your mind

Keeping it real