What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that man done threw the baby out
all that is left is the dung and wee the baby left in the water .
that water was kept but the baby was long ago thrown out .
THROW OUT THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
and all that is left is DIRTY WATERS that ought not to have once been sipped on . THAT IS ALL EPI preaches now .
THIS WILL MERGE all not in the lambs book of life to rise , to rise as ONE .
Even budda taught concepts that mimic the golden rule
even muhammed taught concepts that can mimic the golden rule
EVEN in boy scouts i was taught the golden rule .
BUT what was not taught in all those religoins and mindsets , THE DIRE NEED TO HAVE TO BELIEVE ON
HE WHO SAID THAT GOLDEN RULE . KEEP that in mind .
Because through those concepts the religions and all are now merging to be as one
AND YET the DIRE NEED TO HAVE TO BELEIVE ON CHRIST JESUS , GETS DENIED .
go to and behold the churches and false religoins and athiest and politicians and their inclusive message .
IT DO SAY LOVE THY NEIGHBOR
and among all religoins it do say LOVE GOD , LOVE THY NEIGHBOR
but guess what it dont say , BELEIVE ON HE WHO SAID THEM WORDS . THE DEVIL IS SLICK SISTER .
HE HAS THEM ALL . HE HAS THEM ALL BELIEVING A LIE and most of christendom and even those who profess
to believe on JESUS THE CHRIST are now GOING UNDER ITS INFLUENCE .
TRUTH IS , IT SPRANG FROM WITHIN CHRISTENDOM . the utlimate lie that would gather all not in the lambs book of life
TO MERGE AS ONE and BUILD IN ITS TOWER , CAME FROM WITHIN CHRISTENDOM itself .
THIS IS NOT LOOKING GOOD SISTER . NOT AT ALL .
Amen brother....you keep exposing it. It's coming from Christendom infected with the spirit of the world (Babylon)....as well as Judaism is infected with the same too, sadly.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TO BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST and to love one another .
TO LOVE GOD to love one another .
But don't you see--this is what is missing.
Folks come in here all six guns passing judgement and talking about casting unbelievers out.
Well, that's fine. Then what? Onward to the next one?
Nope. You are to bring the wanderers to Jesus, not pat yourself on the back for kicking them out.
Your posts have fire, but they contain no love or concern that I have seen. so sad.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Folks come in here all six guns passing judgement and talking about casting unbelievers out.
Nope. You are to bring the wanderers to Jesus, not pat yourself on the back for kicking them out.
Your posts have fire, but they contain no love or concern that I have seen. so sad.
Love destroys the doctrines of the pretenders. You will know them by their fruit.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen brother....you keep exposing it. It's coming from Christendom infected with the spirit of the world (Babylon)....as well as Judaism is infected with the same too, sadly.
You are just exposing yourself...so sad.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sister, we need ears to hear what the Spirit is saying with these things......friendship with the world is enmity with God. This means born again believers are in the world but not OF it.....because we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit of God....the spirit of the world is the god of this world, Satan who is the enemy of God and of our souls. We are told also to not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers but come out from among them and be separate in order that the Lord receive us. That means we do not "unite" our hearts and lives in common causes with people of the world. We are here for God's purposes, not the world's.......we march to the beat of a different drum than the world does......we are no longer our own but have been bought with a price.

BUT this does not mean we are to judge and condemn the world and unbelievers...because we are not God and that is certainly not our place, and we were once lost as they are. Nor does it mean we are not to love them. Of course not....we are to love even our enemies and minster the grace and mercy of Christ to them and share the gospel with them......but this is talking about being separated from the world and set apart to the Lord. AKA....holy. Like Abraham was called to come out from among his people and seek the Lord and His promises.

Who we ARE to judge (but not in the sense of condemning) are believers, or who claim to be- those inside the church, not outside it.....that means sometimes it might be necessary to part ways with some if they are in sin and refusing to turn from it, or those who have a form of godliness but deny the power, and those who are false teachers etc. Until and unless they do repent. That is what the scriptures teach, for the good of both the church as a whole and the one offending. Godly discipline to try and restore the one in sin. "Handing such a one over to Satan" is handing them over to God to chastise/discipline and deal with their flesh in hopes that they will repent and turn from their sin. This is all new testament teaching......which the church unfortunately is largely ignoring to her peril.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are just exposing yourself...so sad.
I'm afraid it is sad for any who are in agreement with the co-exist movement.....because it is a way that seemeth right to man but leads to death. This is the spirit of the world infecting the church.....and it's deceptive.

Don't expect utopia on this earth at any time Epi....Jesus said the kingdom of God comes not with our careful observation but is within/among the people of God (and not the unbelieving, people of the world). His kingdom is above, not here below. Here below gets burned up with fervent heat at the coming of the Lord. Everything that can be shaken (ie, is temporal) will be shaken until only what cannot be shaken will remain (ie, what is from above, and is therefore not temporal but eternal) . And man trying to make utopia is rebellion against God and HIS Way and never turns out well.....we should have learned that lesson by now.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love destroys the doctrines of the pretenders. You will know them by their fruit.
It depends on what kind of love we are talking about. Human fleshly love (which is a fleshly emotion) and often nothing more than human self-righteousness and pretense in itself........or God's love which is not of the flesh because it is not of our own, but is of His Spirit.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is missing amongst many now . For many now believe in a sensual love
which implies lies that will not save them , no matter how caring and kind it might seem .
There is a love which seemeth right unto humanity and yet i warn us all the end of it is but the second death .
For though its love did holler to do certain good works
and though its love did seem kind and caring , its love supported sins
its love supported other religoins as fine so long as they had this works love .
Any love that wont correct
any love that allows SIN upon its neighbor ,
any love that negates in any way the dire need to Beleive ON JESUS THE CHRIST
it aint love , its hate and the end thereof is the second death .
We have become far too concerned with what offends man but NOT what offends GOD .
and that is a problem .
We have become far tooo concerned with trying to make JESUS into a minstir of certain sins .
This must be corrected . and we ought to continously stir one another up with
all reminders . both warnings and all .
And allowing the same ones to preach the same ideals , that will save none but damn all ,
IS NOT SAFE . Doctrine must again be at the center .
For no matter what we may try and tell ourselves , If the holy doctrine of GOD , of CHRIST
if that gospel is not embraced , THEN no matter if we holler i love GOD , i love CHRIST all the day long
I TELL US ALL WE DONT LOVE GOD , CHRIST .
for if one loveth GOD , they would have LOVED the truth HE inspired , not tried to find ways around
things HE taught . Just a friendly reminder to and for us all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on what kind of love we are talking about. Human fleshly love (which is a fleshly emotion) and often nothing more than human self-righteousness and pretense in itself........or God's love which is not of the flesh because it is not of our own, but is of His Spirit.
BINGO sister .
many are now and have been under the influence of this other love that cometh of the flesh , of the world , of men and of the dragon
who seduces men by this wordly love .
The dragon aint been asleep , sleeping or taking rest .
He and his followers have long invaded even the christain realm
and specially as of late has done all to bring in this other version of love
and try and make it seem as though IT IS the LOVE of GOD when in truth IT MAKES VOID
the TRUTH of GOD and the LOVE of GOD .
IT puts humanity first .
IT focused on what offends humanity and makes it seem loving to overlook the errors and sins
of the people , even within the very church .
This love allows leaven to take over and completely destroy , FROM WITHIN , the churches that embrace it .
This love honors NOT the SON , NOT GOD who sent the SON
but rather humanity and he who has always desired to be as GOD
and through the lustful conversation of the flesh , ITS HOW HE GETS the worship .
All i hear from many today is GOD IS LOVE .
WHICH is TRUE , but when they use that phrase to justify sin to justify and overlook error and correction
REST ASSURED its not coming FROM GOD WHO IS LOVE . It panders to the emotions of men .
IT is a man pleaser and this is why so many embrace it . IT pleases the flesh .
This love they use actually attacks the very doctrine of GOD .
example . Try and correct sins , specially certain sins within the church .
DO SO with biblical doctrine . THEN watch how they treat the DOCTRINE .
watch how they say , OH BUT GOD IS LOVE . they use this love to JUSTIFY their sin
and the sin of UNBELIEF IN CHRIST too . YOU hit the nail right in sister .
many now embrace the love of the world and not the LOVE OF GOD .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, we need ears to hear what the Spirit is saying with these things......friendship with the world is enmity with God. This means born again believers are in the world but not OF it.....because we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit of God....the spirit of the world is the god of this world, Satan who is the enemy of God and of our souls. We are told also to not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers but come out from among them and be separate in order that the Lord receive us. That means we do not "unite" our hearts and lives in common causes with people of the world. We are here for God's purposes, not the world's.......we march to the beat of a different drum than the world does......we are no longer our own but have been bought with a price.

BUT this does not mean we are to judge and condemn the world and unbelievers...because we are not God and that is certainly not our place, and we were once lost as they are. Nor does it mean we are not to love them. Of course not....we are to love even our enemies and minster the grace and mercy of Christ to them and share the gospel with them......but this is talking about being separated from the world and set apart to the Lord. AKA....holy. Like Abraham was called to come out from among his people and seek the Lord and His promises.

Who we ARE to judge (but not in the sense of condemning) are believers, or who claim to be- those inside the church, not outside it.....that means sometimes it might be necessary to part ways with some if they are in sin and refusing to turn from it, or those who have a form of godliness but deny the power, and those who are false teachers etc. Until and unless they do repent. That is what the scriptures teach, for the good of both the church as a whole and the one offending. Godly discipline to try and restore the one in sin. "Handing such a one over to Satan" is handing them over to God to chastise/discipline and deal with their flesh in hopes that they will repent and turn from their sin. This is all new testament teaching......which the church unfortunately is largely ignoring to her peril.
I am not saying what you think I am.
I am saying that to preach justice and wrath without giving a hang about the person afterward is not the way we should be.
Restore someone is not yelling at them. It is a soft answer.
What I have a problem with is someone who professes to be christian and cant see that they themselves are not loving.
Remember the wheat and tares grow together---there are among us, tares, and we need to make sure they ain't us.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am saying that to preach justice and wrath without giving a hang about the person afterward is not the way we should be.
What I have a problem with is someone who professes to be christian and cant see that they themselves are not loving.
Remember the wheat and tares grow together---there are among us, tares, and we need to make sure they ain't us.
I'm glad to see that you don't have a religious spirit. :) That spirit spins the worst possible scenario on others in order to support a self-righteous best possible spin on oneself. VERY prevalent among those who pretend to be able to judge for God.

Reactions: Laurina

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If it wasn't so sad and foolish it would be funny.

A bully checks out his fists and thinks...who can I pound with these?

A religious hypocrite reads about there being false teachers and thinks...anybody who doesn't believe what I do is obviously a false teacher.

Same carnal mind at work. VERY superficial.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
“He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”
When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. (1 Peter 2:21–23 NIV)

How do you respond when you are insulted? Especially when insulted for being a follower of Jesus? Our natural tendency is to insult back. And all too often, we give in to that desire, responding to an insult with an insult. But Peter tells us that there is a better way to respond.

Jesus suffered on my behalf. And as he did so, he left me an example. An example that I should follow. When he was insulted, he did not respond with insult. Nor did he threaten those who beat him and hung him on a cross. There was no fault to be found in anything he said or did in response to insults and suffering.

Instead, he entrusted himself to God, the one who judges justly. He chose to allow the Father to respond for him.

When someone insults me because of my faith in the Lord, I have a choice. I can insult them back. But when I do, I am failing to follow Jesus’ example. And I demonstrate to the one insulting me that I am no different than they are, justifying their rejection of the God I serve.

Or I can follow Jesus’ example and not retaliate. I can respond to insult with blessing (1 Pet. 3:9). That will confuse the one insulting me, demonstrating to them that I am different and maybe there is something to the God I claim to serve.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
“He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth.”
When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. (1 Peter 2:21–23 NIV)

How do you respond when you are insulted? Especially when insulted for being a follower of Jesus? Our natural tendency is to insult back. And all too often, we give in to that desire, responding to an insult with an insult. But Peter tells us that there is a better way to respond.

Jesus suffered on my behalf. And as he did so, he left me an example. An example that I should follow. When he was insulted, he did not respond with insult. Nor did he threaten those who beat him and hung him on a cross. There was no fault to be found in anything he said or did in response to insults and suffering.

Instead, he entrusted himself to God, the one who judges justly. He chose to allow the Father to respond for him.

When someone insults me because of my faith in the Lord, I have a choice. I can insult them back. But when I do, I am failing to follow Jesus’ example. And I demonstrate to the one insulting me that I am no different than they are, justifying their rejection of the God I serve.

Or I can follow Jesus’ example and not retaliate. I can respond to insult with blessing (1 Pet. 3:9). That will confuse the one insulting me, demonstrating to them that I am different and maybe there is something to the God I claim to serve.
Indeed. When rivaled He opened up not his mouth.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it wasn't so sad and foolish it would be funny.

A bully checks out his fists and thinks...who can I pound with these?

A religious hypocrite reads about there being false teachers and thinks...anybody who doesn't believe what I do is obviously a false teacher.

Same carnal mind at work. VERY superficial.
We do need to test things according to the Bible, and there are false preachers--we are told this, and it is demonstrated in the Word.There are beliefs that are not unto death, and those which are unto death. Those are not the ones I speak of.It is those who manifest self righteousness.
God knows whose are His. Praise His Holy Name.
Psalms 87:1-6
His foundation is in the holy mountains.
2 The Lord loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
3 Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.
4 I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
5 And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.
6 The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.

His people are everywhere--in different places, with different religions-they will come, they are coming.

He calls them out.

Psalm 87:1-6
Rev 18: 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed. When rivaled He opened up not his mouth.
And yet...he called out the hypocrites in public, in order to warn others to not follow their example. We in the rich spoiled West need rebukes, corrections, instructions AND after that edification. Without these many will be rejected from the kingdom. So then to keep silent when it is time to speak is as bad as speaking when it is time to keep silent. There is a balance.

Personally I allow a LOT of abuse and false accusations to go by...until I see a way to bring light to the situation. The state of people is not my responsibility. Speaking the truth in love...is.

Most people here hide their true identity. Why? Is there something to hide? To me, a true disciple is transparent ...nothing to hide.

Reactions: Laurina

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.....I'm sure nobody is advocating yelling at folks or abandoning them. In 2 Corinthians Paul even wrote about restoring to the fold the one who he had earlier instructed needed to be disfellowshipped. I imagine there would have to be enough contact or checking in with such to know their state and whether they have repented and are ready to come back or not....? Does that address the concern you are expressing...? And it is not unloving for the elders of a church body to exert discipline on an erring soul.....parents who discipline their children when they need it are not unloving........quite the opposite is true....it would be unloving and uncaring to withhold discipline when it is needful.

Jesus drove the money changers out of the temple.....was He being self-righteous or manifesting a religious spirit? Normally I expect the offending person would be spoken to and counselled in private, and then if no change was forthcoming, then they would have to be put out of fellowship if need be. It's not to be done with any kind of malicious intent, but with the spiritual good of everyone in mind...both the church as well as the erring person.

Sorry for yet another edit/addition....but just in case there is misunderstanding on this point....church congregation is a body of believers, not unbelievers...that is what a church is. But as you mentioned there may be tares among the wheat...however they are to be treated the same as the wheat.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm glad to see that you don't have a religious spirit. :) That spirit spins the worst possible scenario on others in order to support a self-righteous best possible spin on oneself. VERY prevalent among those who pretend to be able to judge for God.
Churches don't typically deal with sin in the camp....and that is very detrimental to the church and its' members.

Let me give you an example of a religious spirit. A woman goes to the elders of the church and confides that her husband beats and terrorizes her at home. Instead of dealing with the sin of the husband they tell her to go home and submit to her husband. Yep. That's what typically happens. Now that is a religious spirit.

But what they should do is speak with that husband and try to get him to stop beating his wife. If he doesn't, they need to put him out of fellowship to be disciplined by the Lord until/unless he repents. In the meantime that wife will probably need protection and shelter, which the church should provide or help her arrange.

Several years ago I was in conversation with a couple of people I used to go to church with, and they were telling me about this woman at the church who was a serial adulteress.....she was seducing the men in the church, one after the other. And these folks were kind of chuckling as if it were cute and they were proud of their "tolerance" . I was shocked and could hardly believe what I was hearing...it was exactly and precisely according to the situation in 1 Corinthians where Paul confronted them about taking pride in their tolerance of the man having his father's wife instead of dealing with the situation and putting him of the church until he repented.

What happens when there is gross sin in the camp? Should we not learn from Israel's example? Why was God so pleased with that one who ran that fornicating couple through with a spear? Not that we should kill, no, we are in a new order of things under the new covenant obviously - and that was to show the result of sin is judgment and spiritual death if not dealt with and repented of - but our take-away from that story is that our zeal for the Father's house and taking sin seriously should be the same! If sin in the camp isn't dealt with it puts the whole camp in danger of judgment!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Churches don't typically deal with sin in the camp....and that is very detrimental to the church and its' members.

Let me give you an example of a religious spirit. A woman goes to the elders of the church and confides that her husband beats and terrorizes her at home. Instead of dealing with the sin of the husband they tell her to go home and submit to her husband. Yep. That's what typically happens. Now that is a religious spirit.

But what they should do is speak with that husband and try to get him to stop beating his wife. If he doesn't, they need to put him out of fellowship to be disciplined by the Lord until/unless he repents. In the meantime that wife will probably need protection and shelter, which the church should provide or help her arrange.

Several years ago I was in conversation with a couple of people I used to go to church with, and they were telling me about this woman at the church who was a serial adulteress.....she was seducing the men in the church, one after the other. And these folks were kind of chuckling as if it were cute and they were proud of their "tolerance" . I was shocked and could hardly believe what I was hearing...it was exactly and precisely according to the situation in 1 Corinthians where Paul confronted them about taking pride in their tolerance of the man having his father's wife instead of dealing with the situation and putting him of the church until he repented.

What happens when there is gross sin in the camp? Should we not learn from Israel's example? Why was God so pleased with that one who ran that fornicating couple through with a spear? Not that we should kill, no, we are in a new order of things under the new covenant obviously - and that was to show the result of sin is judgment and spiritual death if not dealt with and repented of - but our take-away from that story is that our zeal for the Father's house and taking sin seriously should be the same! If sin in the camp isn't dealt with it puts the whole camp in danger of judgment!
It's funny how you are able to twist things. For you, being religious is about sexual sins. The opposite is true (of course) The Pharisees looked down on any kind of physical sins. So again, you are completely off in right field.

A religious spirit prides itself that it is NOT like regular sinners...it prides itself that is DOES NOT DO as other people do. It prides itself that it is special among "sinners"

Whereas the pride of such a self-justified one is actually worse than a baser sinner. That's what Jesus was showing us.

And yet, the churches ARE filled with such sins. Sins on the level of the exalted soul or tainted spirit. To always relegate sin to the physical level is actually the prime example of having a religious spirit...as anyone with an ounce of discernment can clearly see in yourself.

A religious spirit is a pretender....a decoy, one that names and claims great things for itself....without any evidence in truth. If we allow assumptions and presumptions a free reign...a religious spirit is the result...as we see.

It is no wonder that so many will say...Lord, Lord...and be rejected. There will be weeping and anger.

The truth does not need your participation to exist. But iniquity does.

Last edited: