What is "Parousia"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you could show me a passage that suggest “and forward”, please do.

The Bible in my opinion is one of the hugest gifts God gave us and is beneficial to spiritual living. But those letters where not written to “me in Alabama” or “you in Australia”. This is not saying there is nothing not to learn.
Did you miss this - Revelation ch22

“Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.”

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let the one who hears say, “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely.

Did you miss this - Matthew ch24 = And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Has the Antichrist and His Mark been revealed yet? No

Therefore we are living before Chapter 12 in Revelation.

We are very very close for soon the Antichrist will be revealed along with his Mark.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you miss this - Revelation ch22

“Behold, I am coming soon, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.”

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let the one who hears say, “Come!” And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely.

Did you miss this - Matthew ch24 = And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Has the Antichrist and His Mark been revealed yet? No

Therefore we are living before Chapter 12 in Revelation.

We are very very close for soon the Antichrist will be revealed along with his Mark.
The whole thing is a letter my friend.

It was most likely on a scroll which was read when it was received to the surrounding congregation. To be encouraged at the soon return of the messiah to be ready.

People in those churches preached and told others what was stated in this letter.

The ending is a reminder of the beginning.

Those churches no longer exist, as well. With lessons to learn by reading what John was told to write to them.

In my opinion I believe the Gospel reached the whole known world they had lived in. And now it’s literally everywhere, the Gospel of Christ. What a blessing has the Son of God made for all.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole thing is a letter my friend.

It was most likely on a scroll which was read when it was received to the surrounding congregation. To be encouraged at the soon return of the messiah to be ready.

People in those churches preached and told others what was stated in this letter.

The ending is a reminder of the beginning.

Those churches no longer exist, as well. With lessons to learn by reading what John was told to write to them.

In my opinion I believe the Gospel reached the whole known world they had lived in. And now it’s literally everywhere, the Gospel of Christ. What a blessing has the Son of God made for all.

Hello,

Just desire to share some thoughts,

When it comes down to it. Human beings will decide for themselves what they will believe. All of whom are of the human race; all make decisions in our life; with also the family unity (when our parents had children). We learn from each other through growing up, and also having spent time with others.

There are those who unfortunately do not have or should I say make the decision to live good and they may try to do evil, and harm others, physically or mentally, even steal from you, and leave you with nothing at all. The fact is all of us are evil, and we start off by being so as a child.

Just take a toy away from a child, and see what the child decides to do. Especially when it involves another child of the same age.

Children can be jealous, envious, suffer from depression and sadness, greedy, they can plot evil to harm others, and that is I suppose why Jesus said that as Christian’s we should be as Children of God by believing in the Father and the Lord Yeshua, whom was the Word sent from Yahweh to reconcile the world back unto himself having paid for the price of sin having allowed his body to take on sin, which was buried and then rose again by the Father with the Holy Spirit of God.

The Holy Spirit of God resides in us today and that is because Jesus had promised to have sent it to his apostles. The same is for us today, where God will put his love on your heart to be lead by the spirit of you so choose to put him in your life, of course, first before anyone or anything else. Because of Jesus and believing in him, and the promises he had made; such as being able to feast with Abraham’s, Isaac and Jacob, and so many from west to east are proclaimed to also be joining them in the Heavenly Jerusalem.

There seems to me; many partakers of faith that relying in the return of Christ. The reason for that is I suppose through all humans have been reconciled to God and can become spiritually made alive being reborn spiritually, human beings are ultimately dead inside until that Light starts to come in. Who is the Light of all mankind? The Lord Yeshua, the one whom when God had spoke his Word, created light in the very beginning.

There are some that simply also hope to see something that would be interesting like on the movie screen of earth being trampled and over taken by fire or perhaps the moon is crashing into the planet, or even nuclear bombs.

So many things to consider that is all based on the worldly and earthly; conspiracies which I’m not saying it’s not fun to entertain for me personally; I just like to try to be heavenly focused and not so much earthly focus even though there are times of failure. It’s part of the experience of trusting in God to help you, and you make effort to talk to him daily and have him in your life.

These are the more important things to focus on; while trusting and relying on Jesus has to say about the destruction of Jerusalem and also those who would be taken from it, and you also have the Revelation as a whole if you own a Bible.

My suggestion when it comes to reviewing and relooking into the book of revelation it’s best to really set your own preconceptions and notions, and what you have been taught aside and reading it out loud to yourself and listen to what is being said: this is an admonishment or encouragement to anyone reading.

Also while your going through note things down as you go along that you notice and find interesting, and consider what you are reading as it is very Jewish in nature and sometimes there is exaggerated saying in there. Like some considering “Earth” means the whole earth, in reality if you look it up yourself you’ll see it refers to land, and that land would be the surrounding areas of the specific people of the churches which are being written to by John the beloved, in which was a vision and revelation of who Christ Jesus was, with a warning of a swift return and to be ready.

It’s up to you what you place your hope and faith in or on; or what you would like to see in your own future life perhaps of things that could possibly be done in our lifetime.

My choice is the victory, of Christ Jesus, and Revelation 21-22 are still part of the letter but most agree on it being a different scene of what the Heavenly Realm is like and who is there, when you read those chapters. It completely differs from everything else and is new compared to chapter 20.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Return to Me and I will return to you

no they dont, otherwise "return" would have been used, hupo strepho
or at least someone will argue :)

yes, "comes, appears, is revealed," sure
Sadly you are nit picking where there are no nits.

Paruosia means presence as in arrival! Jesus promised to come back and he wll. Call it come back, arrive, return- it is all the same here.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sadly you are nit picking where there are no nits.

Paruosia means presence as in arrival! Jesus promised to come back and he wll. Call it come back, arrive, return- it is all the same here.
so, you dont find it the least bit strange that you cannot Quote “Jesus, Returning” one single time?
then good luck to you, and i wish you well

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, you dont find it the least bit strange that you cannot Quote “Jesus, Returning” one single time?
then good luck to you, and i wish you well
YOu want to have a snit over the word "return" when Jesus will come back. Just because God inspired Words not to your satisfaction- means little.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
YOu want to have a snit over the word "return" when Jesus will come back. Just because God inspired Words not to your satisfaction- means little.
true, but Jesus is not ever coming back literally, sorry to tell you
and just bc you want Him to means nothing
after all, we are the body of Christ, right

now dont get me wrong, i know you cannot hear me, and i dont expect your beliefs to change based upon a little incontrovertible Scripture evidence; so this is more to say that you have been told, more than once

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true, but Jesus is not ever coming back literally, sorry to tell you
and just bc you want Him to means nothing
after all, we are the body of Christ, right

now dont get me wrong, i know you cannot hear me, and i dont expect your beliefs to change based upon a little incontrovertible Scripture evidence; so this is more to say that you have been told, more than once
Yes He is, Just as He promised! It is si abundantly clear in the Scriptures as to make one stand in amazement when one denies.

Also there is a terrible statement about those who deny Jesus is coming back in the flesh:

1Jo 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The word "come" here? Is 2nd perfect active participle and is correctly read "every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus is coming in the flesh is not of god and this is that spireit of antichrist.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes He is, Just as He promised! It is si abundantly clear in the Scriptures as to make one stand in amazement when one denies.

Also there is a terrible statement about those who deny Jesus is coming back in the flesh:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The word "come" here? Is 2nd perfect active participle and is correctly read "every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus is coming in the flesh is not of god and this is that spireit of antichrist.
well rn unfort for you it does not say “coming,” but “come”

Reactions: David in NJ

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Literal translations don't translate it that way:

LSV:
(3) and every spirit that does not confess Jesus Christ having come in the flesh, it is not of God; and this is that of the antichrist, which you heard that it comes, and now it is already in the world.​
YLT:
(3) and every spirit that doth not confess Jesus Christ in the flesh having come, of God it is not; and this is that of the antichrist, which ye heard that it doth come, and now in the world it is already.​

The NLT (paraphrase) translates verse 2 as:
This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God.​

The word translated as confess means to agree with or to acknowledge.

Verses 2 and 3 are normally understood to be saying that to be of God (a Christian) you need to believe that Jesus, the Messiah and Son of God, came to earth as a man, and wholly as a man. Those that claim that Jesus did not come as a man but merely appeared to be a man, and that he only appeared to suffer and die, those were not of God (and some people were claiming that, which is why John started with "do not believe every spirit"). Jesus really did take on human nature; he did not merely descend into an already existing man, he "beame flesh" or was "made flesh" (John 1:14). Philippians 2:7-8 (WEB):

(7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Simlarly, 2 John 1:7 (WEB):
(7) For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who don’t confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the Antichrist.​

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The original text = both in Hebrew OT and then confirmed in NT Book of Hebrews is that Enoch did not experience death.

Enoch did not die = God took Him because he had this testimony: 'Enoch walked with God and Enoch PLEASED God'

Only the LORD Jesus has that Perfect Testimony with the FATHER = Enoch is a Prophecy of the coming Messiah/Jesus the Christ

Enoch was removed off the earth because God has a future plan for Enoch = same plan HE has for Elijah, who also was taken up.

The Book of Hebrews clearly and specifically differentiates Enoch from everyone else in chapter 11.

If you decide to go back and look a little more you will see it.

Peace and Thank You for your reply

Enoch and Elijah....agree.
They the most likely candidates to Serve God, by Serving in Jerusalem for 42 months, with the Word of God in their speech, and Protection of the Power of God, during the Tribulation, Witnessing to all ears, but primarily the Jews; (ISRAEL), in their holy city.

Thereafter they shall experience mortal Death, at the time (42 months) and place (Jerusalem), according to Gods WILL, and with great Celebration of unbelievers, and mourning of believers....a parallel of pomp and circumstances and a world renown event, a similitude as Jesus experienced.

As Jesus was revealed in the Likeness AS a man.
Men will be revealed in the Likeness AS Christ Jesus.

Glory to God, His WILL shall come into fruition for all to SEE, HEAR, KNOW.
Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They the most likely candidates to Serve God, by Serving in Jerusalem for 42 months, with the Word of God in their speech, and Protection of the Power of God, during the Tribulation, Witnessing to all ears, but primarily the Jews; (ISRAEL), in their holy city.

Thereafter they shall experience mortal Death, at the time (42 months) and place (Jerusalem), according to Gods WILL, and with great Celebration of unbelievers, and mourning of believers....a parallel of pomp and circumstances and a world renown event, a similitude as Jesus experienced.

Taken
Very few SEE what God has said in His Children's Coloring Book.

the master puppeteer redirects the children's minds with magic tricks = don't we all love amusement parks where we easily get lost

Reactions: Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LSV:
(3) and every spirit that does not confess Jesus Christ having come in the flesh, it is not of God; and this is that of the antichrist, which you heard that it comes, and now it is already in the world.​
YLT:
(3) and every spirit that doth not confess Jesus Christ in the flesh having come, of God it is not; and this is that of the antichrist, which ye heard that it doth come, and now in the world it is already.​

This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God.​

Verses 2 and 3 are normally understood to be saying that to be of God (a Christian) you need to believe that Jesus, the Messiah and Son of God, came to earth as a man, and wholly as a man. Those that claim that Jesus did not come as a man but merely appeared to be a man, and that he only appeared to suffer and die, those were not of God (and some people were claiming that, which is why John started with "do not believe every spirit"). Jesus really did take on human nature; he did not merely descend into an already existing man, he "beame flesh" or was "made flesh" (John 1:14). Philippians 2:7-8 (WEB):

(7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:​
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

(7) For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who don’t confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the Antichrist.​

Here is the Agreement Contract that God the FATHER has for the world that they may Claim the Gift of Salvation = Isaiah 45:22-23

Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.

This Contract is also an Edict that will either be a BLESSING or a Curse upon you.
Embrace the Offer Today = Blessing
Wait until you die and are judged = Curse

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, EXISTING in the form of God,
did not consider it robbery to be Equal with God,
but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Blessing or Curse = choose wisely

Reactions: Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Taken
BLASPHEMY i tell you = all must die = i don't care that God said Enoch did not die............

i am covering my ears and shouting over you: Enoch died Enoch died Enoch died..............

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very few SEE what God has said in His Children's Coloring Book.

the master puppeteer redirects the children's minds with magic tricks = don't we all love amusement parks where we easily get lost
Ya KNOW, the foretelling, men will accomplish DOING many things God accomplishes with His Supreme Word and Supreme Power. God allows it, watches men (and angels) using their granted power from God....
FOR...good, wickedness and evil....and has set forth his consequences.

Men are already, trying to mesh all beliefs into ONE, and are establishing a CYBER god as they rally in their UN pow wows to Decide WHO will be their elected World Governor. Mean time, instigating their fear mongering of crisis after crisis to keep the people divided and in delusional duress while picking, choosing, establishing their order and way of population elimination.
Not original, been going on for centuries, however with updated technological ploys to their advantage, things are progressing AS IF, everything is fast tracked on steroids.

The People at Large have been taught the LIE, with ear soothing tickles...
And the people behind the scenes are depending on the immoral and ignorant majorities stupidity.

It’s GOOD to be accounted among the FEW! Cuz Jesus SAID! :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BLASPHEMY i tell you = all must die = i don't care that God said Enoch did not die............

i am covering my ears and shouting over you: Enoch died Enoch died Enoch died..............

God took Enoch.
Is there a Scripture that Enoch was buried?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God took Enoch.
Is there a Scripture that Enoch was buried?
You know i was using others statements, who are crying the blues against "Enoch did not experience death".

Moses died and God had to hide his body because of the rebellious idolatrous people who were under him.

It is clear as Day in Scripture that Enoch did not die for "Enoch did not experience death for God took him".

Whereas, in comparison the Scripture says: Deut 34:5-7

So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. And He buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day.

The Jews today, every year, flock together to cry over the 'dead Rebbi' Schneerson and praying that he rises from the grave.........

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well rn unfort for you it does not say “coming,” but “come”
I see you are using your strainer again. But in English it says come, but in the greek construction as I showed you it means coming! So take it up wioth god and how He inspired the writers to form the sentences.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LSV:
YLT:

Translations are translations! they are not the originals. If you want to see what was actually written, go back to the original language. and the YLT and LSV you cite as literal translations are not literal byt dynamic. for "having" does not appear at all.