What Is "Predestination"? How Does It Shape Your Daily Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Ritajanice

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tells me a great deal about you

I do not think jesus is a calvinist. But you seem to want to make him one

Overcome?

Take in context.. You’re right, the father will draw. B ut we are forced to make a decision.. Calvinism and fatalism is a lie.. why are you supporting it?

yes, He chose them AS DISCIPLES

We are not talking about THeM, We are talking about those who recieve christ and are born again

lol.. You are double minded. You attacked 4 point calvinism, then when someone calls You out of appearing to hold calvinistic beliefs, you call it bigotry.
Yes. Because calling such a one an unintelligent simple minded lying curr would be against the rules. Which is why I would not do that.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the shoe fits.
You proved it does.
So you can not answer my questions and concerns?
I did not see any.
I read your repeated attempts at insult,flaming,and evidence yet again that you are not able to comprehend and discuss topics as related to Apologetics.

I'll make it easy for you both. You and that one you are,defended. I am whatever you think I am.

While Jesus knows my name. And that dear sir/madam , is all that matters.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You proved it does.

I did not see any.
I read your repeated attempts at insult,flaming,and evidence yet again that you are not able to comprehend and discuss topics as related to Apologetics.

I'll make it easy for you both. You and that one you are,defended. I am whatever you think I am.

While Jesus knows my name. And that dear sir/madam , is all that matters.
whatever dude

Get over yourself

And who am I defending? I just called out a wrong that I witnessed.. I a not defending anyone

You attacked a calvinist. Then tried to show me how you are a calvinist. Then said I called jesus a calvinist

You’re all over the place. And when I called you out for it. You pulled the old pharisee trip and blamed the person for your own errors.. instead of taking them on face to face

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refusing to feed an ignorant bully is not running. It is Biblical.

I realize you missed that too.

Stop your graceless example. Attack someone else.
Thank

Just like so many others.you can give it, but when someone calls you out. You can’t take it

Since you refuse to own up to your own sins and misrepresentations.

I will move on..

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is predestination?

How is predestination brought to bear upon your life? What evidence is there that you believe it? How has it affected your life, or how does it affect yourself life?

If it doesn't affect your life, would you say it's good that your life remains unaffected by Biblical doctrine?

I would like to hear from both sides (Monergists and Synergists).

Please make an effort to keep all discussion on topic and try to refrain from "flaming" other users who will disagree with you.
When I realized God does not know the future was when I realized He is not in control. This was when I realized such a concept of having God in control put me in a state of not being in control. Such thinking caused me to ask for what I should have had based on what He had already designed for me. So what if He designed nothing for me because He is not in control of my life like if I were a puppet? Then it would have been nothing all those years that I was praying to receive. Realizing such a concept was never true has put me in control of my own spiritual life.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would it not be senseless for God to tell us of how people will fall away and what the penalty is if it were impossible to do? If we use scripture for understanding, I'll help by providing some here:

Matthew 7:21 ESV

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 10:22 ESV

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Matthew 13:3-8 ESV

And he told them many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Matthew 24:4-6 ESV

And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

Matthew 24:13 ESV

But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:24 ESV

For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:13 ESV

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Luke 8:13 ESV

And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.

John 3:36 ESV

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 15:6 ESV

If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

Romans 8:12-13 ESV

So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Romans 11:19-22 ESV

Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 10:12 ESV

Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 15:2 ESV

And by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

Galatians 4:9 ESV

But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?

Galatians 6:8-9 ESV

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Colossians 1:21-23 ESV

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

1 Timothy 4:1 ESV

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Hebrews 3:12-14 ESV

Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.

Hebrews 5:9 ESV

And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,

Hebrews 6:4-6 ESV

For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

Hebrews 10:26 ESV

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

James 5:19-20 ESV

My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

2 Peter 1:10 ESV

Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

2 Peter 2:20-22 ESV

For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

Revelation 2:4-5 ESV

“But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. ...

Revelation 3:2-5 ESV

Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.
Actually no, because people are fallible, weak minded, confusable, and in everything they have to be taught. So verses like that are spoken to be understood from our limited perspective. Really there is no conflict with being elected and predestined. The elect, God works with them to bring them to salvation by directing their path and teaching them.

Like Paul says here, he is only laboring for the elect that they will be saved as Paul knows the non-elect (reprobated) will never believe. Only the elect will have faith.
2 Timothy 2:10
Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have the responsibility of setting an example for those in the world. "For God so loved the world ..."
If God so loved the whole world, universal salvation would be true Gospel.

In context to all God said,the world as pertains to his Elect is true. God tells us he chose whom he would save before the creation of the world who's people would need saving.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Refusing to feed an ignorant bully is not running. It is Biblical.

I realize you missed that too.

Stop your graceless example. Attack someone else.
Sis, don’t feed them, I woke up to that a few days back, I wish I had woken up sooner, use that ignore button, it works wonders...leave the trolls/ bullies to God....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"the Spirit . . . by which . . . we cry, Abba, Father"

We cry out, Father! But it's by the Spirit that we cry. Yet we are who cries out. Where is the line dividing between His Spirit and my spirit? I can't see it. We are one. Just to write that, knowing what I'm saying, Wow!!

Much love!
Pretty Amazing! Huh!! To be a child of God....I still can’t comprehend that, God/ Holy Spirit indwells my spirit, he made us Born Of The Spirit !! that is the Biggest Honour and Privilege anyone on the planet could receive!!....Praise God for His Spirit in us....” Mind Blowing “ and I became Born Again nearly 32 yrs ago...my testimony and belief...

A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible “ seed” ...that “ Liveth “ and “ Abideth “ forever......Gods Living word can NEVER be taken from the heart / spirit of his child....Praise God all day every day!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I realized God does not know the future was when I realized He is not in control. This was when I realized such a concept of having God in control put me in a state of not being in control. Such thinking caused me to ask for what I should have had based on what He had already designed for me. So what if He designed nothing for me because He is not in control of my life like if I were a puppet? Then it would have been nothing all those years that I was praying to receive. Realizing such a concept was never true has put me in control of my own spiritual life.
You have much to learn.

:pray:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In context to all God said,the world as pertains to his Elect is true. God tells us he chose whom he would save before the creation of the world who's people would need saving.
This is far from true. Because God is not only a God of perfect love. He is a God of perfect justice

As a perfect judge. He must judge all equally. And all have sinned and fall short

But with perfect love not only can he redeem all the world. He also is forced by that perfect love to not force anyone to take his guft
But to offer it to all mankind. And in effect let them chose yes or no

In doing so His perfect justice and love are revealed.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have much to learn.

:pray:
I have already learned much. I'm now considered an expert in biblical data concerning the New Testament. I therefore stand in the spirit very close right in the face of both God and Jesus Christ.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So God doesn't love the world?