What Is "Predestination"? How Does It Shape Your Daily Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You've countered, but you've not responded to what I wrote.

What others have said is correct, that where John wrote,

1 John 3:9 KJV
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is in the present tense, not aorist, or another tense that would mean single acts of sin, but in the present tense, this is ongoing, now, and now, and now, and now, and now, like that.

And of course in this letter John wrote, Little children, I write these things to you that you may not sin, and if any do sin, we have an advocate, Jesus. He acknowledges that sin remains possible in our lives.

Much love!
Haven’t a clue what you are trying to say here..I think you and I have a very different spiritual understanding of what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed....

We are most definitely on different levels of understanding that’s for sure.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 John 3:9 KJV
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Which means what?

What is Born Again of imperishable seed?

What/ who is the seed?

And where does the seed manifest itself?

I’m asking you these questions because, I think we don’t understand what Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed means?....the same way.

What does the “ Living “ word of God mean to you?

According to, Hebrew 4:12, “the word of God is alive and active. The description of the Bible as “living” means that it has a vital power inherent to itself. Jesus likened the Word of God to seed in Mathew 13. Seed, like the Bible, is not dead, but living, and it has the ability to bring forth more life abundantly

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Peter 1:22-23 KJV
22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1707328738811.png

Are you referring to what it says here? Because this actually says, "incorruptible seed", then affirming that it lives and remains forever.

This may be more than you are looking for, but if you really want to know what I think "born again" means, I've attached a PDF file.

Much love!

Attachments

• Mind of the Spirit - Mind of the Flesh.pdf
    233.6 KB · Views: 0

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Peter 1:22-23 KJV
22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

View attachment 41306

Are you referring to what it says here? Because this actually says, "incorruptible seed", then affirming that it lives and remains forever.

This may be more than you are looking for, but if you really want to know what I think "born again" means, I've attached a PDF file.

Much love!
As I suspected we understand very differently..no worries..I will leave it there, thanks for posting.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means what?

Which means the verse is referring to the continuous practice of sin.
If you mean incorruptible seed, it's to receive a new spiritual life from God having been united with Him being baptized into Christ, to join Him in His death and resurrection. Born again is to become a new person who did not exist before, and who shares the nature of the Father Creator, righteous and holy.

Born again is to be no longer a man born from Adam living in flesh, but now we are a new man born from God, living in Spirit, though still using this flesh body. It's to have died to satisfy God's justice, but having done so in Christ, so that we survive this death, and emerge justified, declared righteous, rendered righteous, a pure and sinless being, the holy and righteous spirit child of God.

Born again is being freed by death from the control of our corrupted by sin flesh bodies, and freed from all the condemnation that goes along with them.

How do you describe born again?
What/ who is the seed?
The seed is the word of God. You can say it's Christ coming in, you can say it's the Gospel message. You could say it's the Holy Spirit. There are some different ways the Bible speaks.

And where does the seed manifest itself?
I'm not sure how you mean this question. Do you have a passage of Scripture in mind?

I’m asking you these questions because, I think we don’t understand what Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed means?....the same way.

What does the “ Living “ word of God mean to you?

According to, Hebrew 4:12, “the word of God is alive and active. The description of the Bible as “living” means that it has a vital power inherent to itself. Jesus likened the Word of God to seed in Mathew 13. Seed, like the Bible, is not dead, but living, and it has the ability to bring forth more life abundantly
"Seed" is to me a metaphor, the reality is that Jesus Christ comes into us, joining Himself to us, and now we live with Him.

"Unless a seed die . . .", there are, again, different ways the Bible speaks.

The living word of God? Again, you can say this is Jesus Himself, you can say this is the Bible message, "logos" can mean either, as I understand this.

What does it mean to me that the word is alive? I like your description, The description of the Bible as “living” means that it has a vital power inherent to itself.

I'd add, that it's power works in us.

How do these answers compare to what you think?

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which means the verse is referring to the continuous practice of sin.

If you mean incorruptible seed, it's to receive a new spiritual life from God having been united with Him being baptized into Christ, to join Him in His death and resurrection. Born again is to become a new person who did not exist before, and who shares the nature of the Father Creator, righteous and holy.

Born again is to be no longer a man born from Adam living in flesh, but now we are a new man born from God, living in Spirit, though still using this flesh body. It's to have died to satisfy God's justice, but having done so in Christ, so that we survive this death, and emerge justified, declared righteous, rendered righteous, a pure and sinless being, the holy and righteous spirit child of God.

Born again is being freed by death from the control of our corrupted by sin flesh bodies, and freed from all the condemnation that goes along with them.

How do you describe born again?

The seed is the word of God. You can say it's Christ coming in, you can say it's the Gospel message. You could say it's the Holy Spirit. There are some different ways the Bible speaks.

I'm not sure how you mean this question. Do you have a passage of Scripture in mind?

"Seed" is to me a metaphor, the reality is that Jesus Christ comes into us, joining Himself to us, and now we live with Him.

"Unless a seed die . . .", there are, again, different ways the Bible speaks.

The living word of God? Again, you can say this is Jesus Himself, you can say this is the Bible message, "logos" can mean either, as I understand this.

What does it mean to me that the word is alive? I like your description, The description of the Bible as “living” means that it has a vital power inherent to itself.

I'd add, that it's power works in us.

How do these answers compare to what you think?

Much love!
We’re Along the same level of spiritual understanding...I understand Born Of The Spirit/ Born Again.....that my spirit is Born Again, The Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children.

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted in response to what you wrote.

Did Jesus say,we choose him?
Did he say we come to him by choice?
Lets see

But as many as Have RECIEVED HIM, to THEM he gave power to become sons of God

He said ASK, and he would give us living water flowing to eternal life

He said we must be Brorn again, How? By looking the cross in faith

He said whoever sees and believes will not come to judgment but has passed from death to life

He said he is the living bread, If we feed on him, we will never hunger or thirst. never die, live forever, and be raised.

So the question is, Did I CHOSE to recieve him.

or did I CHOSE to deny him,

Our eternity is based on how we respond to God in either of these two ways, there is no third option.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets see

But as many as Have RECIEVED HIM, to THEM he gave power to become sons of God

He said ASK, and he would give us living water flowing to eternal life

He said we must be Brorn again, How? By looking the cross in faith

He said whoever sees and believes will not come to judgment but has passed from death to life

He said he is the living bread, If we feed on him, we will never hunger or thirst. never die, live forever, and be raised.

So the question is, Did I CHOSE to recieve him.

or did I CHOSE to deny him,

Our eternity is based on how we respond to God in either of these two ways, there is no third option.
He said,no one comes to me unless the Father calls them.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

"the Spirit . . . by which . . . we cry, Abba, Father"

We cry out, Father! But it's by the Spirit that we cry. Yet we are who cries out. Where is the line dividing between His Spirit and my spirit? I can't see it. We are one. Just to write that, knowing what I'm saying, Wow!!

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And?

Did Jesus lie about all he said in John 1 - 6?

One verse does not negate 6 or 7 chapters of a gospel of John

I find it odd your arguing calvinism when you attacked another member for following calvinist views..

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus also said...

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Then, thru His Apostles He said this...

Titus 2:11,12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Looks like limited anointment is definitely not biblical, and those that claim it is must ignore portions of God's Word. clueless-doh.gif

cherry_pickers_bible.gif

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes

Scripture says their will be two judgment

One is called in the greek a Bema seat judgment. This is where believers works are tried. and they are rewarded for those works. then the rewards are tried by fire

The other is the great white throne (sarx in the greek) And this is a trial of law. No believer will be at this judgment, Death and Hades are delivered here.

They are also tried for their works. But in the end their works can not help them. They are judged by how they reacted to Gods gift of salvation. They are here because they rejected the free gift of eternal life. And they are found guilty..
There are lots of judgments. How many trials take place in courtrooms every day?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That tells me a great deal about you. Thank you.

I find it odd your arguing calvinism when you attacked another member for following calvinist views..
I find it fascinating you think Jesus was a Calvinist.

You imagine the verse I cited is overcome by a doctrine you prefer instead? Jesus said it.

And nothing he said is abrogated by those who prefer a works based,free choice of man-woman to choose Christ instead of what God-Christ himself said doctrine changes that.

Context. Everything Jesus said coincides. He told his Disciples,they did not choose him. He chose them.

The Calvinism bigotry here is astounding. I've noticed it is preferred by those who know nothing about Calvinism.
Just a party line afforded as accusation against Christians so to imply we are not so.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And?

On my way to work ,my phone in my back pocket, I noticed I "butt dialed" a site that was not opened. I think God knows why.

Jhn 3:11 - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That tells me a great deal about you. Thank you.
Tells me a great deal about you
I find it fascinating you think Jesus was a Calvinist.
I do not think jesus is a calvinist. But you seem to want to make him one

You imagine the verse I cited is overcome by a doctrine you prefer instead? Jesus said it.
Overcome?

Take in context.. You’re right, the father will draw. B ut we are forced to make a decision.. Calvinism and fatalism is a lie.. why are you supporting it?
And nothing he said is abrogated by those who prefer a works based,free choice of man-woman to choose Christ instead of what God-Christ himself said doctrine changes that.

Context. Everything Jesus said coincides. He told his Disciples,they did not choose him. He chose them.
yes, He chose them AS DISCIPLES

We are not talking about THeM, We are talking about those who recieve christ and are born again

The Calvinism bigotry here is astounding. I've noticed it is preferred by those who know nothing about Calvinism.
Just a party line afforded as accusation against Christians so to imply we are not so.
lol.. You are double minded. You attacked 4 point calvinism, then when someone calls You out of appearing to hold calvinistic beliefs, you call it bigotry.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On my way to work ,my phone in my back pocket, I noticed I "butt dialed" a site that was not opened. I think God knows why.

Jhn 3:11 - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Have no idea what this means concerning free will people who chose to Recieve Jesus and be born again based on their faith.

In fact. It does not.. Do you even know we at we are discussing?