What Is "Predestination"? How Does It Shape Your Daily Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who goes to Hell?
Whoever does not believe.

John 3:
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is every single person on earth going to Heaven?
To answer that question I believe one must understand what heaven is. Matthew 4:17 gives us a clue, I believe:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17 RSV

Heaven would be the peace that descends on us when we repent of our sin (the New Jerusalem).

Now we return to your question. What do YOU think?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To answer that question I believe one must understand what heaven is. Matthew 4:17 gives us a clue, I believe:

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17 RSV

Heaven would be the peace that descends on us when we repent of our sin (the New Jerusalem).

Now we return to your question. What do YOU think?
It was actually,given the precepts of the prior salvific points,a yes or no answer.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it ever completed?
Yes,

The bible says I have been saved, I have eternal life. I have been redeemed, I have been bought with a price, I have been justified, I have been washed. I have been given every spiritual blessing.

What kind of Hope could i have if it was not completed?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,

The bible says I have been saved, I have eternal life. I have been redeemed, I have been bought with a price, I have been justified, I have been washed. I have been given every spiritual blessing.

What kind of Hope could i have if it was not completed?
So is being born again the same as being saved?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding "predestination": Since John's Gospel says, "In the beginning was the Word..." and "... you have been with Me from the beginning", did John intend to allude to the idea that we were "with Him", in some sense, "before the world was founded"?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s put it this way. If you are not saved from your sin, your not born again, your still dead in your sin.

Does this make sense
Jesus is the one who saves us from our sin, so it would appear, according to what you said, that Jesus decides when, and if, we are born again.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s put it this way. If you are not saved from your sin, your not born again, your still dead in your sin.

Since the criticism of total depravity has also arisen in this discussion let's consider a question.

Why do we need to be born again after God's plan made us born damned to die as sinners first?

And how are we sinners? By God's rules and creation of his laws, and sin.

Genesis 6:5
The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?