1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the High Calling in Christ?

Discussion in 'Christian Spirituality Forum' started by Episkopos, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Marilyn C

Marilyn C Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Hi Episkopos,

Now where does it say in God`s word - (or words to that affect)

1. Zion is meant to walk right now?
    2. The Bride of Christ?
    3. The NJ is Zion?
    4. The NJ comes to earth?
    5. That God will be dwell (physically) on the earth?

Marilyn.

2. Lizbeth

Lizbeth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Enjoying this conversation. Here's what I see in scripture about some of these things. Jesus and the apostles were preaching not just a gospel of salvation but the gospel of "the kingdom". We are to enter the kingdom of God/heaven and walk in it. Remember Jesus telling the religious leaders that sinners were entering the kingdom ahead of them...and that they refused to enter the kingdom while hindering those who were seeking to enter it. The kingdom doesn't come with our careful observation but is within/among us. His kingdom comes to earth in the born again believers who walk in it and are submitted to His rule. The kingdom is heavenly Zion.....scripture speaks of those who are born again having been "born in Zion"...Zion is our mother, the heavenly city, New Jerusalem...spiritual Zion, heavenly Zion coming down to earth prepared as a Bride. We are to be preparing ourselves as a Bride, purification and adornment, consecration......holiness and wholly set apart for the king. "Earth" in scripture is sometimes symbolic of our earth, our physical body/temple where God in Christ dwells and rules by His Spirit. It was once geographical Zion/Jerusalem where He dwelt and ruled from but the new covenant ushered in the spiritual reality and ended the old type/shadow. Walking in Zion, the kingdom of God, while in the body. That is the true sabbath rest that remains for the people of God. The church at large has been putting off for the future, things that are ours for the having and walking in in the present.

Song of Solomon speaks about the Bride being few in number....only one.....the only one of her "mother", only one wins the race, while there are numerous virgins and concubines who serve the king but are not in the state of being wife/bride of Him. Like Esther too, many are called but few are chosen.

Episkopos, Venksta and David H. like this.
  3. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    These are good questions worthy of answers.

Much love!

4. Lizbeth

Lizbeth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Couple of scriptures about Zion:

Psa 87:5

And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Isa 66:8

Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

5. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Psalms 87:1-7 KJV
    1) A Psalm or Song for the sons of Korah. His foundation is in the holy mountains.
    2) The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
    3) Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.
    4) I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.
    5) And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.
    6) The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah.
    7) As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee.

Shall establish Zion . . .

Heavenly Zion or Earthly Zion?

Isaiah 66:5-13 KJV
    5) Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
    6) A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
    7) Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
    8) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
    9) Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
    10) Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
    11) That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
    12) For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
    13) As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Much love!

Marilyn C likes this.
  6. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I am certain we can all find places and passages were a few words here, a few words there, can reflect in their wordings some doctrine or idea we hold. But that is not the same as the Bible teaching such things.

Much love!

mailmandan likes this.
  7. Lizbeth

Lizbeth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    These are prophecies foretelling the coming gospel of Christ/Messiah. God establishing Christ's kingdom. Earthly Jerusalem "gave birth" to her children before she travailed, ie, before she was judged in 70 AD. Ie, she gave birth to Jesus and the gospel was preached and the first souls were saved in Israel before Jerusalem and Temple were destroyed and Israel was taken captive and dispersed. Jerusalem/Israel died in childbirth, as it were. (Also foreshadowed by Rachel dying in childbirth.)

Episkopos likes this.
  8. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hadn't you been speaking being born again in celestial Zion? Perhaps I misunderstood.

Much love!

9. Lizbeth

Lizbeth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

Venksta and Episkopos like this.
  10. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Your post doesn't appear in the quote because of how you wrote it . . .

It seems then that your saying that we are reborn in Zion, it's like your way of saying "born from above". Is that the right idea?

Much love!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022 at 2:52 PM
  11. Lizbeth

Lizbeth Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I'm sorry I messed up the post somehow, hope you can see what I wrote in blue letters once you "click to expand". Yes, absolutely...we are born from above....the city that is above is our mother. New Jerusalem/heavenly Zion.

Venksta, marks and Episkopos like this.