What is the Kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’ve already posted Gods word that our old man was crucified with Christ?

Why aren’t you answering my question?

What’s left to die in us, when Gods word says our old man is crucified?
The problem is in the soul...the outer man ego. When we are uplifted in our soul, we grow in pride and arrogance...or we do unless we have been broken before by an experience of the cross.

The Spirit is uplifted...but the soul must remain humble. God gives grace to the humble.

So we need to go to the cross to have the outer man ego crucified....so that our inner man can be uplifted into God's presence.

The idea of the Old Man...is who we were BEFORE regeneration. Now we have options. But the New Man is not automatically put on. Again, we can only put on the New Man once we are crucified in the outer man ego part of us.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve already posted Gods word that our old man was crucified with Christ?

Why aren’t you answering my question?

What’s left to die in us, when Gods word says our old man is crucified?
You say that you have been crucified with Christ, but are we like Jesus "no longer in this world?
Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
I believe that Jesus was no longer in the world of his own temptations. He had overcome them all and the cross lay before him. He opened the way for each of us to do what he had done... to overcome. By the power of the Holy Spirit within us we are able to do so... but when we quench the Holy Spirit, we limit God.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is in the soul...the outer man ego. When we are uplifted in our soul, we grow in pride and arrogance...or we do unless we have been broken before by an experience of the cross.

The Spirit is uplifted...but the soul must remain humble. God gives grace to the humble.

So we need to go to the cross to have the outer man ego crucified....so that our inner man can be uplifted into God's presence.

The idea of the Old Man...is who were BEFORE regeneration. Now we have options. But the New Man is not automatically put on. Again, we can only put on the New Man once we are crucified in the outer man ego part of us.

Please show scripture .Epi...on your opinion?

The outer man ego?

The Spirit is uplifted?

What do I need to go to the cross for?...my sins are all on Jesus?

The renewing of the mind is what needs to be changed, our old mindset?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You say that you have been crucified with Christ, but are like Jesus "no longer in this world?
Joh 17:11And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
I believe that Jesus was no longer in the world of his own temptations. He had overcome them all and the cross lay before him. He opened the way for each of us to do what he had done... to overcome. By the power of the Holy Spirit within us we are able to do so... but when we quench the Holy Spirit, we limit God.
You are still evading my questions?

Gods word says my old man was crucified with Christ?

Are you denying Gods word?

I am in the world ,I am no longer of the world...I’m in Gods spiritual realm are you?

I’m Born Of The Spirit?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please show scripture .Epi...on your opinion?

The outer man ego?
The flesh wars against the Spirit and the Spirit wars against the flesh. walk in the Spirit and you will not do the lusts of the flesh...etc

Though our outer man perish...our inner man is renewed day by day. (and that's not our bodies)

A lot of verses in that regard.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The flesh wars against the Spirit and the Spirit wars against the flesh. walk in the Spirit and you will not do the lusts of the flesh...etc

Though our outer man perish...our inner man is renewed day by day. (and that's not our bodies)

A lot of verses in that regard.
We’re not in the flesh were in the Spirit?

Romans 8:9-11

King James Version

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How is it possible that born again believers...the Laodiceans ....could be SO deceived as to their true spiritual condition? They were in Christ but only superficially so. Still in the mouth...but not swallowed. Not yet abiding in Christ fully. Having the sample but without having gone to God for the grace ON grace.

How could they think they were rich, in need of nothing, and understood the ways of God...when they were obviously WAY out there in fantasy land?

Those who have a religious certainty run the grave risk of being like them.

Many will say....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are still evading my questions?

Gods word says my old man was crucified with Christ?

Are you denying Gods word?

I am in the world ,I am no longer of the world...I’m in Gods spiritual realm are you?

I’m Born Of The Spirit?
I believe that anyone still subject to temptations has not yet been crucified. He may be on the cross, but he is not dead yet to all... How much dying is required?

1co 15:31I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We’re not in the flesh were in the Spirit?

Romans 8:9-11​

King James Version​

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Even so...

Jas 4:1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

Reactions: Episkopos

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even so...

Jas 4:1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Even so what?

I just posted Gods word, now you challenge it, I believe the word of God...you obviously don’t, because you keep fighting against the scripture I post...I believe Gods word .

I guess we are all at different levels of understanding....

Once again...I’m not in the “ flesh” I’m in the “ Spirit “ ...Gods Living word...I received it and believe it in my heart..sorry if you don’t.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so what?

I just posted Gods word, now you challenge it, I believe the word of God...you obviously don’t, because you keep fighting against the scripture I post...I believe Gods word .

I guess we are all at different levels of understanding....

Once again...I’m not in the “ flesh” I’m in the “ Spirit “ ...Gods Living word...I received it and believe it in my heart..sorry if you don’t.
My mistake on my reply which was to one of @Episkopos posts. The "Even so" applied to what he posted

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 8
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
Heirs with Christ
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Future Glory
(2 Corinthians 5:1–10)
18I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently.
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
God Works in All Things
(Ephesians 1:3–14)
28And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. 29For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified.
31What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, freely give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is there to condemn us? For Christ Jesus, who died, and more than that was raised to life, is at the right hand of God—and He is interceding for us.
More than Conquerors
(Psalm 44:1–26)
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
“For Your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”g
37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My mistake on my reply which was to one of @Episkopos posts. The "Even so" applied to what he posted
I will leave it there @amadeus ....we’re obviously at different levels of understanding Gods word..

All of us and none of us are superior ....we’re all seeking and understanding Gods truth, by the leading of the Holy Spirit ...we all Love Jesus...everyone has a different relationship with the Lord, imo...he talks to us all so very differently as we see on this thread.

Reactions: amadeus

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How is it possible that born again believers...the Laodiceans ....could be SO deceived as to their true spiritual condition? They were in Christ but only superficially so. Still in the mouth...but not swallowed. Not yet abiding in Christ fully. Having the sample but without having gone to God for the grace ON grace.

How could they think they were rich, in need of nothing, and understood the ways of God...when they were obviously WAY out there in fantasy land?

Those who have a religious certainty run the grave risk of being like them.

Many will say....
A prideful heart keeps the door closed to Christ, who stands there knocking?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe as a Born Again, if God wants his message to penetrate your heart, it will be done, Gods word is Alive and Active, he speaks to his children via his Spirit.

We have spiritual eyes and ears when we become Born Again...they need maturing and only the Holy Spirit imo can mature our eyes and ears in Gods word.

Gods word never returns void to him and it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.

As Gods word is a Living word and very much Alive in Spirit and Truth...my thoughts .

Online commentary.

Born again Spirit filled believers who confess that Jesus is the Son of God and who continually are filled with the Spirit of the Lord, have the God given ability to accurately hear and see into the spirit realm. The Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit has come and is always leading and guiding us, but we have to be willing to hear and to see with spiritual discernment. It is written in John 16:13 “but when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.” (NASB) And it is written in Romans 8:14 “for all who are being led by the spirit of God, these are the Sons of God.” (NASB)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe as a Born Again, if God wants his message to penetrate your heart, it will be done, Gods word is Alive and Active, he speaks to his children via his Spirit.
But He also uses people in the Body. Nobody is an island unto themselves. If we are not teachable, then we will be stunted in our growth.

We have spiritual eyes and ears when we become Born Again...they need maturing and only the Holy Spirit imo can mature our eyes and ears in Gods word.

If we remain humble we can learn from anyone...especially those who are more advanced in the Christian life.
Gods word never returns void to him and it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him.

Not for every individual. But in the Body, yes. We are in a race...and very few will finish with a winning record.
As Gods word is a Living word and very much Alive in Spirit and Truth...my thoughts .

Online commentary.

Born again Spirit filled believers who confess that Jesus is the Son of God and who continually are filled with the Spirit of the Lord, have the God given ability to accurately hear and see into the spirit realm. The Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit has come and is always leading and guiding us, but we have to be willing to hear and to see with spiritual discernment. It is written in John 16:13 “but when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.” (NASB) And it is written in Romans 8:14 “for all who are being led by the spirit of God, these are the Sons of God.” (NASB)
There are conditions...being filled with the Spirit, having a renewed mind...being humble and broken.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But He also uses people in the Body. Nobody is an island unto themselves. If we are not teachable, then we will be stunted in our growth.
I don’t agree that a Born Again can be stunted in their growth, yes, we need to be listening, but, we serve a mighty God Epi, when he wants us to hear we will hear....I can only be taught by the Holy Spirit..
If we remain humble we can learn from anyone...especially those who are more advanced in the Christian life.

Learn from anyone? I can only learn from the Holy Spirit I humble myself to him.and ask him to humble me....who on here is more advanced as a Born Again..?..I don’t see anyone more advanced in the Spirit.

I see every single person at different levels of faith and understanding
Not for every individual. But in the Body, yes. We are in a race...and very few will finish with a winning record.
A Born Again will finish no matter what, imo...they are the ones who were chosen/ predestined ,God grafted us in to the true vine..the Holy Spirit keeps us in his power.
There are conditions...being filled with the Spirit, having a renewed mind...being humble and broken.
I’ve had my spirit broken, that was agony, my mind is continually being renewed daily and I pray to be humbled more and more as is pleasing to God...once again my opinion and thoughts.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the obstacles between us and God are overcome [if they are overcome] is not the old man decreased and hopefully finally killed? When he is truly finally and completely dead, then with or like Jesus, we are no longer tempted to sin and our Head is always Jesus.
Was john the baptist Killed? so that Christ could increase?
The Baptist was great according to Jesus, but also needed to increase. He needed to lose his own head [which he did in a literal way, but it was still a shadow] and take on Jesus as his Head.

Mt 11:11Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Eph 5:23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Are shadows to be found not only in what we name as the Old Testament?
Sorry, I disagree.

John did not say I needed to die so that Jesus could be raised up.

He said he must decrease.. His power and his fame needed to decrease, he needed to point people to Christ and away from Him.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The idea of the Old Man...is who we were BEFORE regeneration. Now we have options. But the New Man is not automatically put on. Again, we can only put on the New Man once we are crucified in the outer man ego part of us.
Here is the problem,

Our soul or old man must die (actually the term Christ used was bankrupt) If we are to enter the kingdom of God.

Sadly. to many refuse to come to this total death in order to receive the gift.. so while we have a few true believers, we have many make believers.

Jesus said blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of God

The word poor here is not the word we think of when we say one is poor. A poor person can still take care of themselves. They can still drive themselves to work. They can still purchase their food. they just do not have the resources as the rich people do.

But this word means Bankrupt. A bankrupt person can not take care of themselves. they need to beg for food. Beg for money, Beg for living expenses..

This is where Jesus said we need to be if we want to enter the kingdom.

Sadly. Many do not reach this state, They think they are ok, when in reality they are bankrupt

Reactions: Lizbeth