What is the purpose for the judgment of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Dan 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
Dan 3:17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
Dan 3:18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
Dan 3:19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
Dan 3:20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.

Dan 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
Dan 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Dan 3:28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

So... mixing apples and oranges here, because I like mixed fruit, just sayin :D
These 3 men were "sinners" in Nebuchadnezzars eyes because they didn't obey him.
So he cast them into the fiery fire, But God was in the fire protecting them, because they didn't sin against God.
And after they came out of the fire, unscorched, unburned, and smelling fresh as daisies,
King Nebuchadnezzar gave God the glory.
Amen

Moses saw a bush and it was burning but it was not consumed, because God was in the fire.

Isa 1:24 Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
Isa 1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:
Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.
Isa 1:28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
Isa 1:31 And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.

1Th 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.

I believe we all must go through the fire. It's a spiritual fire. And God is that Spirit.
And those that are wicked and evil will be in that fire a lot longer than those who are just passing through.
And if they still fail to repent, then they will be turned to ashes.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

iu

HUGS
:D

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you think of Judgement of the world, think wrath.
But when God judges us Christians, it is so that we do not perish along with the world.
The wrath is real, God is angry with the wicked everyday,

Psalm 7
11 God is a just judge,
And God is angry with the wicked every day.
12 If he does not turn back,
He will sharpen His sword;
He bends His bow and makes it ready.
13 He also prepares for Himself instruments of death;
He makes His arrows into fiery shafts.

14 Behold, the wicked brings forth iniquity;
Yes, he conceives trouble and brings forth falsehood.
15 He made a pit and dug it out,
And has fallen into the ditch which he made.
16 His trouble shall return upon his own head,
And his violent dealing shall come down on his own crown.

17 I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

Dan 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
Dan 3:17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
Dan 3:18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
Dan 3:19 Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: therefore he spake, and commanded that they should heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
Dan 3:20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace.

Dan 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
Dan 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Dan 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Dan 3:28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

So... mixing apples and oranges here, because I like mixed fruit, just sayin :D
These 3 men were "sinners" in Nebuchadnezzars eyes because they didn't obey him.
So he cast them into the fiery fire, But God was in the fire protecting them, because they didn't sin against God.
And after they came out of the fire, unscorched, unburned, and smelling fresh as daisies,
King Nebuchadnezzar gave God the glory.
Amen

Moses saw a bush and it was burning but it was not consumed, because God was in the fire.

Isa 1:24 Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
Isa 1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:
Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.
Isa 1:28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.
Isa 1:31 And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.

1Th 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.

I believe we all must go through the fire. It's a spiritual fire. And God is that Spirit.
And those that are wicked and evil will be in that fire a lot longer than those who are just passing through.
And if they still fail to repent, then they will be turned to ashes.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

iu

HUGS
@Ziggy : Good verse there, 1 Peter 4.12.

Similarly, John 16.33 speaks of tribulation in the world, but also that the Lord Jesus has already overcome the world. :)

Blessings.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy : Good verse there, 1 Peter 4.12.

Similarly, John 16.33 speaks of tribulation in the world, but also that the Lord Jesus has already overcome the world. :)

Blessings.

Jhn 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
Jhn 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Jhn 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

I lost my Panic Button.
Hugs

Reactions: MatthewG and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jhn 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
Jhn 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Jhn 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

I lost my Panic Button.
Hugs
@Ziggy Wonderful chapter there. ch. 17 of John's Gospel... :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what the purpose is for the judgments of God are suppose to do?
Where there are laws there a judgments. And violations of laws bring severe punishment. This is true in both the earthly and heavenly realms. Sin is the transgression or violation of God's laws. So God's judgments are for the following groups which include all the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Rev 21:8)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If one dies in friendship with God they must enter the fire. The only way to draw near to God is through the fire.
This sounds like the Catholic concept of Purgatory (which is fictitious).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where there are laws there a judgments. And violations of laws bring severe punishment. This is true in both the earthly and heavenly realms. Sin is the transgression or violation of God's laws. So God's judgments are for the following groups which include all the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked: But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Rev 21:8)

Only a part; maybe it leads to righteousness leading to Christ, that brimstone has been noted as a rubbing stone. That scrubs away probably the evil in the person. It may be what happens to this who have there “part” in it. It most certainly doesn’t say they have no “part”. It doesn’t say they are there forever. Good post thank you,.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the purpose is for the judgments of God are suppose to do?

Just a curious question for anyone who would like to share anything from scripture pertaining to this “judgement” “reason” “purpose”?
How much has God given anyone in the way of understanding?
Where did we start?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

But then...

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to fully understanding God I don’t believe no one really can, we only see in part, and what evidence we have from the Bible, @amadeus. Thank you all for commented.

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When it comes to fully understanding God I don’t believe no one really can, we only see in part, and what evidence we have from the Bible, @amadeus. Thank you all for commented.
The part presented by God is overwhelmingly more gobsmacking than what we see.
Ego is constantly on our heels for self sabotage. If it is not awe inspiring wonder which captivates us about God's revelation; if the anatomy of a hand is mistaken for a caress; if the best we can come up with is doctrinal defences and closed ears to being pushed out of our comfort zone, we need to wake up!

Last edited: