What is the purpose for the judgment of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the purpose is for the judgments of God are suppose to do?

Just a curious question for anyone who would like to share anything from scripture pertaining to this “judgement” “reason” “purpose”?

Reactions: dev553344 and Ziggy

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything that God does ~ His judgment included ~ is to glorify Himself... for His own glory. That is His chief end. From Him, and for Him, and to Him are all things.

And ~ free information! :) ~ man's chief end is to glorify Him and enjoy Him forever.

Grace and peace to you.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the purpose is for the judgments of God are suppose to do?

Just a curious question for anyone who would like to share anything from scripture pertaining to this “judgement” “reason” “purpose”?
Deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Psa 103:6 The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

Ecc 5:8 If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.

Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Jde 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

What the judgments of God are supposed to do?
In my own words.. to show people the wrongs they do and to have them turn to God and repent and be saved.
That we aught to love our neighbors and when we don't God is the defender for the weak and the prosecuter of the guilty.
Right judgment, fairness, truth, mercy...

Hugs

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's judgments are usually the same as the criminal system. To separate good from evil so that good can flourish. This is why Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed and why the flood killed all the evil people and left Noah alive.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All injustices that happened over the ages will find closure. All the times people were victimized and never received justice. God will turn mountains into plains. Ever felt that frustration when we are wronged and the wrongdoer is gonna get away with it.? Then we say in our head, " they are gonna face God.? Well I hope it's od

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Consider the angels, and the fall of Satan. If God is going to or has judged them, righteousnes would demand he not let anything slide. Or the cloud of witnesses would see and question his fairness. It's the only way to have his will done in heaven.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Consider this....We judge God if he is worthy of our worship or not.
Consider Calvary.....who did the judging?
Consider Judas.....who killed him?
Consider this....love holds no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:5

Reactions: Lambano

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider the angels, and the fall of Satan. If God is going to or has judged them, righteousnes would demand he not let anything slide. Or the cloud of witnesses would see and question his fairness. It's the only way to have his will done in heaven.
Thought inspiring. Angels created in an eternal state weren't able to respond to the revelation of God in the manner we can. We live in a state of change. We are this becoming that is natural to us. Not so with angels.
Because they are not in a state of becoming their acceptance or rejection of the revelation of God isn't temporal like ours but eternal. Rejecting God for an angel is an eternal sin. Permanent unforgivable.
That doesn't mean they are judged or God kicked them out of heaven. It means there was no place found for them in heaven. The archangel Michael's presence in heaven made heaven a place Satan couldn't be.
He is thrown down to earth. Woe to it's inhabitants. Adam and Eve.
Jesus came and dethroned satan. Satan is still on earth he is no longer in power.
My conclusion? satan hasn't been judged yet.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thought inspiring. Angels created in an eternal state weren't able to respond to the revelation of God in the manner we can. We live in a state of change. We are this becoming that is natural to us. Not so with angels.
Because they are not in a state of becoming their acceptance or rejection of the revelation of God isn't temporal like ours but eternal. Rejecting God for an angel is an eternal sin. Permanent unforgivable.
That doesn't mean they are judged or God kicked them out of heaven. It means there was no place found for them in heaven. The archangel Michael's presence in heaven made heaven a place Satan couldn't be.
He is thrown down to earth. Woe to it's inhabitants. Adam and Eve.
Jesus came and dethroned satan. Satan is still on earth he is no longer in power.
My conclusion? satan hasn't been judged yet.
What do we do with this?
John 12:31 'Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.'

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of that statement is required to understand the theology I posted. S crowd surrounding Jesus and a voice from heaven was heard. The people in the crowd were.discussing what it was.
Jesus tells them the voice was for their sakes.
Notice that the world is receiving judgement and the prince of the world is cast out. To be cast out is different than judgement. Before the cross there was no judgement. Revelation 12:13-17 describes what Satan does after the judgement Jesus is teaching.

John 12

Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The context of that statement is required to understand the theology I posted. S crowd surrounding Jesus and a voice from heaven was heard. The people in the crowd were.discussing what it was.
Jesus tells them the voice was for their sakes.
Notice that the world is receiving judgement and the prince of the world is cast out. To be cast out is different than judgement. Before the cross there was no judgement. Revelation 12:13-17 describes what Satan does after the judgement Jesus is teaching.

John 12

Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29 The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Judgement of this world and Satan cast out is synonymous. Here we have a good example of Hebrew idiom ie, saying the same thing in two different ways.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judgement of this world and Satan cast out is synonymous. Here we have a good example of Hebrew idiom ie, saying the same thing in two different ways.
Satan was thrown down to earth. He landed in Paradise. Prince of this world because Adam fell.
Then Jesus cast him out. And .... Rev 12:13-17 addressed in a previous post

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan was thrown down to earth. He landed in Paradise. Prince of this world because Adam fell.
Then Jesus cast him out. And .... addressed in a previous post
Jesus gained the moral victory at Calvary. Satans accusations against God.....accusations heralded to the intelligent Universe where nullified. Access to heaven and heavenly beings was by the sheer weight of Jesus' moral victory no longer tenable.
'The World' is a synonym for Satans kingdom and those who partake of it ie, his method of gaining the ascendency namely, deception, force violence of every kind and self interest.

Reactions: lforrest

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gained the moral victory at Calvary. Satans accusations against God.....accusations heralded to the intelligent Universe where nullified. Access to heaven and heavenly beings was by the sheer weight of Jesus' moral victory no longer tenable.
'The World' is a synonym for Satans kingdom and those who partake of it ie, his method of gaining the ascendency namely, deception, force violence of every kind and self interest.
If Satan was judged he would be in the lake of fire. The punishment for the FINAL judgement.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Satan was judged he would be in the lake of fire. The punishment for the FINAL judgement.
ohhhh, our understandings diverge here EC. I do not hold to the view that such a lake is currently in existence or created by God.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ohhhh, our understandings diverge here EC. I do not hold to the view that such a lake is currently in existence or created by God.
Interesting, I don't know if it exists at this 'time' either.
How do you believe it comes to be?

'

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting, I don't know if it exists at this 'time' either.
How do you believe it comes to be?

'
Peter tells us the earth will be enveloped in fire at Jesus return. I suppose that's a pretty big lake.

2 Peter 3:10-12, The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night. The heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat, the Earth also, the works shall be burned up. The heavens being on fire and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.

Reactions: EloyCraft

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter tells us the earth will be enveloped in fire at Jesus return. I suppose that's a pretty big lake.

2 Peter 3:10-12, The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night. The heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat, the Earth also, the works shall be burned up. The heavens being on fire and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.
That's thought provoking. i haven't thought much about the lake of fire. You've given me something to think about. Thanks.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a belief I hold to that includes the consuming fire that works are burnt up in
This fire surrounds God. It burns anything corrupt and sinful. Wood, hay etc.
If one dies in friendship with God they must enter the fire. The only way to draw near to God is through the fire.
As it burns away sin one draws nearer. Once through God is seen as He is. Seeing God is transformative and so seeing Him we will be like Him.

Then at the end of time maybe it's a lake of fire that consumes all evil.