What is the purpose of being born in bodies of earthly flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I don't understand. I'm not saying God or the Bible is fiction, are you?

Much love!
SO what do you do about the UFOS in the Bible?

The Cloud by day, and the Pillar of Fire by night.

IN THE SKY OVERHEAD.
These are UFO's,
But you call them God, Correct?

There are actually a few other places with UFO's in the Bible.

You brought up some BOOK you READ.
I Read the BIBLE.

GOD IS NOT FROM THE EARTH.

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I don't understand. I'm not saying God or the Bible is fiction, are you?

Much love!

Your PROBLEM.

The bible is not Fiction.

You have not made even this small distinction.

The Bible might be Metaphorical, or any of the ical, but it is not Fiction.

It makes me think very small of those with Christian Names, that do not even contest that the Bible is Fictional.

Sorry about your bad luck, But Hell,
See Ya,
Would not to be Ya.

It is actually My Job FROM GOD, to
Divide the Sheep from from the Goats.

If you would like to refute My determination Please produce it in Triplicate And send it to My Boss.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The physical world is like a painted picture or a clay action movie, however ultimately more complex. And we now have an even better analogy: pixels and computer imagery. Which is uncanningly similar to this world, being made up of mere light and energy--the actual scientific make up of matter--as if "Lights, camera, action!" were its own "Let there be light!"

But the question, I believe, is why--why this created imagery that comes across like a media of matter?

Well, what's the purpose of any media? It's to convey a narrative, in this case visible. What then is the message? Well, don't we know the answer? Sure we do. Initially, it would seem that God simply wanted to create, that He wanted to create a world like we might want to plant a garden, and He did. But it would be wrong to think that He did and then things went all wrong. I think it is fair to say that God being "perfect" doesn't leave room for such a failed attempt at creation. No, but that is just the beginning, the narrative goes on. It goes on to paint that picture of a people and world fallen and in need of saving, and He explains.

But lets not misunderstand, what was written, was not written here, not within the creation, but from beyond the created world about the created world. Which means not amidst time, but within the fabric of eternity that we are challenged to even imagine. Thus, there is the timeless reality of God, and a story line within a narrative of fantastically created media, wherein we all live out the story being revealed. History is His story. But again, the setting and reality is His, and timeless. Just as there is no actual timeline in a book that is written. But some will claim that the story "says" things about time that agree with the unfolding of the story in timeline form, so obviously the truth of time is that it is the truth of God and law. But you sitting in your favorite chair reading a story proves nothing of a real timeline according to what is written in the pages. No, the law and the truth, are not found in the pages of the book, but in Him who wrote it. In this case, the Author is "the same yesterday, today, and forever"--timeless.

So, as knowledge has been increased where even science tells us that time is an illusion, we have a choice of understanding the why of our Creator from His perspective...or we can retreat into the pixels, check our watches, and remain within the illusion as those who sleep.

But we know the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The physical world is like a painted picture or a clay action movie, however ultimately more complex. And we now have an even better analogy: pixels and computer imagery. Which is uncanningly similar to this world, being made up of mere light and energy--the actual scientific make up of matter--as if "Lights, camera, action!" were its own "Let there be light!"

But the question, I believe, is why--why this created imagery that comes across like a media of matter?

Well, what's the purpose of any media? Its to convey a narrative, in this case visible. What then is the message? Well, don't we know the answer? Sure we do. Initially, it would seem that God simply wanted to, that He wanted to create a world like we might want to plant a garden, and He did. But it would be wrong to think that He did and then things went all wrong. I think it is fair to say that God being "perfect" doesn't leave room for such a failed attempt at creation. No, but that is just the beginning, the narrative goes on. It goes on to paint that picture of a people and world fallen and in need of saving, and He explains.

But lets not misunderstand, what was written, was not written here, not within the creation, but from beyond the created world about the created world. Which means not amidst time, but within the fabric of eternity that we are challenged to even imagine. Thus, there is the timeless reality of God, and a story line within a narrative of fantastically created media, wherein we all live out the story being revealed. History is His story. But again, the setting and reality is His, and timeless. Just as there is no actual timeline in a book that is written. But some will claim that the story "says" things about time that agree with the unfolding of the story in timeline form, so obviously the truth of time is that it is the truth of God and law. But you sitting in your favorite chair reading a story proves nothing of a real timeline according to what is written in the pages. No, the law and the truth, are not found in the pages of the book, but in Him who wrote it. In this case, the Author is "the same yesterday, today, and forever"--timeless.

So, as knowledge has been increased where even science tells us that time is an illusion, we have a choice of understanding the why of our Creator from His perspective...or we can retreat into the pixels, check our watches, and remain within the illusion as those who sleep.

But we know the end.

Actually God, You forget GOD.

You did not put God into your Calculation.

Put God Into your Calculations, You can can call him Unknown X.

So you you have to figure this in to your calculations.

Unknown X must be figured in that calculations.

As MANY say have I HAVE PROOF of unknown X.

You must figure unknown X into your Calculations.

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, what's the purpose of any media? Its to convey a narrative, in this case visible. What then is the message? Well, don't we know the answer? Sure we do. Initially, it would seem that God simply wanted to, that He wanted to create a world like we might want to plant a garden, and He did. But it would be wrong to think that He did and then things went all wrong. I think it is fair to say that God being "perfect" doesn't leave room for such a failed attempt at creation. No, but that is just the beginning, the narrative goes on. It goes on to paint that picture of a people and world fallen and in need of saving, and He explains.

But we know the end.
You sound like a Guru I sent spinning earlier in my life.

You think after I have sent you once it would come again?
Are you the Christ Child?

I try to make a treaty with you, but YOU HAVE NOTHING, that is Good for me.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
This simply tells us that human beings -- flesh and blood -- in their natural state (without being supernaturally transformed) cannot enter into Heaven. The human body is subject to disease, death, decay, and corruption. Therefore the resurrection bodies of the saints will be glorified flesh and bones -- NOT flesh and blood (ordinary bodies). The bodies of the living saints will also be transformed into *spiritual bodies".
Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
This simply means all living creatures. Substitute living creatures (specifically humans) for "flesh". Flesh is used in Scripture metaphorically. It does not simply means muscles and sinews.

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This simply tells us that human beings -- flesh and blood -- in their natural state (without being supernaturally transformed) cannot enter into Heaven. The human body is subject to disease, death, decay, and corruption. Therefore the resurrection bodies of the saints will be glorified flesh and bones -- NOT flesh and blood (ordinary bodies). The bodies of the living saints will also be transformed into *spiritual bodies".

This simply means all living creatures. Substitute living creatures (specifically humans) for "flesh". Flesh is used in Scripture metaphorically. It does not simply means muscles and sinews.

Yea, well I Know there are UFO's also.

You a missing what makes a person a Christian.
It is not the imaginary Blood Covering.

I know to you it it is all About the IMAGINARY BLOOD COVERING.

That is not what makes you a Christian.

It is about Actually DOING the Things that Christ Taught.

I know you can not understand that.

Christians actually DO the things Christ Taught.

I know you are of Paul, HIS BLOOD IS ENOUGH FOR ME.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We read:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That may seem easy to understand at first; but then why did Jesus talk about saving flesh?

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I don't think there's a real contradiction after I really thought about it, but it posed a problem for me when I first thought about the two verses put together. I'd curious about how other people here reconcile these two passages.

Giuliano,

It is necessary for people to be born in flesh to receive salvation because: 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved' (Acts 2:21 NIV).

There is the added problem for which we need a human body to comprehend: 'Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ' (Rom 10:17). Can you imagine 'hearing the message' without being in a human body?

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is the point of having bodies of flesh? Why did God form Adam from the dust outside of Eden and then place him in Eden?

God had a magnificent plan for the whole human race, but it had to unfold through corruption of the inner being, disease in the universe, but leading to ultimate redemption at Christ's second coming.

Reactions: r1xlx

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is much BIGGER then the Earth.

The Earth is not the center of the Universe.

It turns out of ALL THE PLANETS IN THE UNIVERSE,
Satan was bound upon Earth.

There are more things to Heaven and Earth, then you can Imagine.

ME: The Bible clearly states that Earth is the centre of the Universe - which is why astronomers confirm the universe stretches out in every direction from us.
There was no point sending Satan to another planet as Earth is the only inhabited one.
GOD's origional intention was to see Earth with one land mass around a small sea with 90% of the land moist, warm and fertile under a protective dome of water vapour to filter out harmful rays from the sun so that the 50 billion humans and countless tame friendly craetures would live a lovely long endless life.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We read:

That may seem easy to understand at first; but then why did Jesus talk about saving flesh?

I don't think there's a real contradiction after I really thought about it, but it posed a problem for me when I first thought about the two verses put together. I'd curious about how other people here reconcile these two passages.

you ask a good question, one I really have no answer for. For me also that same passage has been there in the back of my mind: “except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved...” not that I have an answer but a few passages to consider. Maybe one will help. Genesis 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
^ of course the above was concerning the flood yet the ark speaks of another Ark to enter into. one thing which stands out there is God saying to Noah “the end of all flesh is come before me.” In Moses also who put a vail over his face, that the children could not steadfast look to the end of that which is abolished 2 Corinthians 3:13

another verse that has come up for me when considering “except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved...”is Amos 9:8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.

and many other of God’s words “yet will I not make a full end of thee” Jeremiah 30:11-13 For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished. [12] For thus saith the Lord, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grievous. [13] There is none to plead thy cause, that thou mayest be bound up: thou hast no healing medicines. (Isaiah 61:1)(Isaiah 30:26 )

Again, good question. Only giving you some references to where I’ve gone concerning the same question.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. He thought it good, that's all I can say.

I think that God designed a place, a world, a universe, a people, that would give delight to those people. Except that we chose our own way, and ever since He's been bringing us back.

But to really answer your question, I don't know. But I know that what we are now isn't the original design. I suspect that there may not have been the vail dividing seen from unseen, and all existed in a single realm, but again, I don't know for sure.

Much love!
I think you're onto something. It seems to me that when abused things, God took action to prevent worse abuses.

I was just talking to someone about how people in China before the Flood used to be able to see and talk to their dead ancestors. Their ancestors wouldn't move on spiritually but wanted to control their offspring. The practice is dying out, but they kept offering incense and bits of food to their ancestors for centuries. The abuses of there not being that vail led to God putting it up after the Flood. Someone with spiritual sight can see through that veil, but thankfully most people with sinful natures cannot. If they could, they'd be practicing black magic -- which I think they were before the Flood. We still see though people trying practice black magic and sometimes succeeding in piercing that veil; and I think we also see the demonic trying to break through and succeeding at times.

To be sure though, there was already a veil between the lower waters and upper waters when they were separated -- established in Genesis 1 as a form of protection. Notice that this "firmament" was not pronounced good by God. It was good He put it there, but by itself it was not good.

As I read it, there was already Light in the Third Heaven. Light was given to the lower levels by putting the greater and lesser lights and the stars in the firmament. Comparing that to Revelation, we see the Lamb is the Light in the Holy City. And we also see that the "sea" is "no more." That suggests to me that the Upper and Lower Waters no longer need that firmament.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He covered them in skins because the sewn figs didn’t seem to get the job done?
Oddly enough Genesis (in the Hebrew) does not read "skins" but "skin." That makes me ask if Adam and Eve were originally spiritual beings with spiritual bodies. Did the Light go out in them when they ate the forbidden fruit? After all, they were not obeying to the Voice of God. They were hearkening to other voices. Did they in fact die that very day? They were given a choice: Tree of Life or the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was their choice between life and death. I think they died that very day. I think they already possesses some of the Glory of God and lost it. The Light went out. They were spiritually dead. To give them another chance, God put them into human bodies. They were trapped in them because the carnal nature of the bodies overwhelmed them.

Notice that the commandment was that they were supposed to exercise dominion over all the animals. They fell and couldn't exercise dominion over even the bodies they were in themselves. Bodies get sick and old -- and our spirits cannot stop it. We are still stuck in bodies like that. I see Jesus as being able to exercise dominion over us in a way that restores us back to the way Adam and Eve were before the Fall. But of course, we have to be willing to obey the Voice of God.

I am uncertain about Adam, Seth, Cain, and Abel. However when we get to Enos, he was definitely the "earthly kind of man" with a physical body since his name means the earthly sort of man. Adam? That means a more heavenly spiritual man. When I see "Son of Man" as a title for Jesus, I read it as a high title indeed saying he was in the correct image and likeness -- the same given to Adam but which got lost in the Fall.

Was Jesus trapped in his physical body as most of us have been? I don't think so since when talking about himself as "Son of Man," he says the Son of Man "is" in Heaven and also says "came down." He seems to have been in two places at the same time -- not enslaved or trapped by the mortal flesh.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

I do not read that to mean it's impossible for anyone else to go to Heaven although it might be easy to read it that way and some do. Rather I read it to mean that only those with the correct image and likeness of God can ascend to Heaven. If we want to get there, we've got to become like Jesus and regain the original nature given to Adam and Eve.

Reactions: Waiting on him

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All the idiotic comments clearly show that few people can read and understand the Bible let alone figure out the Bible message!
FYI GOD decided He'd like to make a universe and have many planets filled with happy contented people who had a lovely lazy life spent eating delicious fruit and nuts along with all sorts of lovely friendly creatures and doing not much more than wandering each planet to spend happy hours socialising with billions of other happy people. The men would tend the fields and forests while the women had babies, raised them nicely and kept themselves lovely for their men.
So GOD made the first human pair as flesh from the basic elements in the soil such as calcium and told them to get busy mating and fill the Earth.
Satan decided to rebel and ruin everything so GOD said 'OK you rule Earth 6,000 years and let's see how you do but one day Eve's descendant will destroy you!'
Satan made a sinful mess of Earth but GOD ensured Eve's SEED survived down through the millennia until the final form of Jesus.
GOD had sent Jesus to preach the Gospel to find those acceptable to survive Armageddon and live on a renewed Earth under Jesus's rule.
For 2,000 years Christ's message has been preached, perverted, prohibited but all civilised countries have heard it and communist and Muslim countries have heard it.
We are now well into the Last Days Tribulation and the final disasters and battles that will see billions of Catholics, Muslims, evolutionist and evil people killed.
Jesus was the last human or physical descendant of Eve's line and was half human-half spirit similar to the Nephilim.
All people who choose to follow Jesus become GOD's spiritual children despite having flesh and blood bodies that suffer and die so that nothing of the person remains except for their name in GOD's Book of Life.
The few flesh and blood Tribulation survivors will once again, like Noah's family, repopulate Earth. Earth is made for flesh and blood.
And maybe Jesus's many mansions include the planets being brought closer to Earth to be home for anyone wanting to travel.
GOD's kingdom is heaven and no human can go there, dead or alive.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an interesting question? I don't know but I'm guessing it has to do with restoration as we still have these bodies today.

I also think it has to do with sin. Perhaps not on earth because it was not apparent when Adam was created but perhaps sin/rebellion in the heavenlies.
Some read "dust" to mean physical dust. Others (me included) read it to mean spiritual dust. Dust smaller than a grain of mustard seed. I also read that dust to mean something related to the treasure hidden in the field. And I relate it to salt -- when Jesus talked about salt losing its savor, he wasn't crazy -- he couldn't mean physical salt which doesn't lose its savor -- I think he had to mean spiritual salt.

However we read "dust," however, the word for "earth" is "adamah" in Hebrew. The letter "A" represents Spirit and "dam" means "blood." "H" means "the." So we can put the three together to form the word "H'adam" which is how it appears at first when "the man" is described as both male and female, before being divided. So the same three letters are used in Hebrew for "earth" and "the man."

Why from outside Eden? "The Man" or H'adam needed to be of "one blood" with all humanity -- compatible. Thus I believe he was formed from dust from the "four corners of the earth."

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Even the worst sinners have human physical blood. Is there life in that kind of blood? Perhaps one sort of the physical sort, but is there spiritual life in the physical blood? I'd think no. I don't know how many will agree with everything I write; but I do agree with what you wrote about it having something to with sin. Thus if we turn away from sin, the Blood of Christ can correct the problems.