What is the purpose of being born in bodies of earthly flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree, but why do it that way?

Gods design, for men to have FREEWILL to choose Him or Not.

WHO would want Forced Love?

God loves all of His creations.
He Desires his to Love Him.

We are Not naturally born loving Him.
We have the FREEWILL to love Him, Trust Him, Believe Him...and IF and WHEN we Do...
He prepared us for an eternal Life WITH Him.

Otherwise a Body shall simply live its life, die, and Forever Be separated From God.

Men cannot MAKE another love them, trust them, believe them...neither does God.

Glory To God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
was reading last night and something come up tucked away in 1 Corinthians I’ve never noticed before regarding “except those days be shortened,” . don’t know if it will help you but consider 1 Corinthians 7:27–31 (YLT): Hast thou been bound to a wife? seek not to be loosed; hast thou been loosed from a wife? seek not a wife. 28But and if thou mayest marry, thou didst not sin; and if the virgin may marry, she did not sin; and such shall have tribulation in the flesh: and I spare you. 29And this I say, brethren, the time henceforth is having been shortened—that both those having wives may be as not having; 30and those weeping, as not weeping; and those rejoicing, as not rejoicing; and those buying, as not possessing; 31and those using this world, as not using it up; for passing away is the fashion of this world.

Compared to Matthew 24:21-22 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. [22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Also vital there may be: 1 Corinthians 7:34 (YLT): The wife and the virgin have been distinguished: the unmarried is anxious for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit, and the married is anxious for the things of the world, how she shall please the husband.
“the married is anxious for the things of the world” compare to ”and those using this world, as not using it up; for passing away is the fashion of this world.

concerning what the world is going through right now also consider “take no thought” and “be not anxious” (which are the same)is necessary and a good refreshing study...

Matt 24- 6-21 gives a preview of the world leading up to the Great Tribulation. During the Great Tribulation More chaos ensues...and at the same time, 144,000 - 12,000 from each of the 12 Tribes are sent out to Minister the Gospel to the Tribes on Earth not yet having accepted Christ Jesus.
The Destruction upon the earth is still occurring ...the 144,000 are the ELECT sealed, but still subject to be killed in the chaos...thus to protect them...those days are NOT prolonged, they are Shortened.

Matt 24:
[22] And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Glory to God,
Taken

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
OP like so many others, lacks wisdom and understanding.
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That may seem easy to understand at first; but then why did Jesus talk about saving flesh?

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I don't think there's a real contradiction after I really thought about it, but it posed a problem for me when I first thought about the two verses put together. I'd curious about how other people here reconcile these two passages..

1 Cor 15 clearly means the kingdom of GOD on Earth is for spirit filled people. Either those already dead in their graves awaiting resurrection. Or those raptured and who will never see death.
Matt 24:22 the elect's flesh are the rapturees - the remnant of the two tribes of Jews and the spiritual 10 lost tribes who are the real Israel Christians of UK and USA.
Zephaniah 1 and Acts 7 says the Jews of Jerusalem are mostly False Jew Canaanites Baal-worshippers doomed to destruction during Armageddon, although obviously some may realise that Jesus was the Messiah and become Christian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dcopymope

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As for why GOD made humans as flesh and blood it was because His plan was and is to have Earth filled with happy healthy humans and all manner of living creatures.
Maybe you should begin to understand that since The Flood and the post-flood Ice Age we have only had about 10% of Earth's surface to live on instead of the perhaps 95% land and 5% sea that Adam and Eve knew.
By the end of the millennium Earth will have been renewed back to a paradise with a population of humans of perhaps 50billion.
Read and think about Genesis 10:25
Genesis 10:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; Divided meaning the crust rose to make mountains and fell to make the seas to ensure the Babelites would be isolated and never again gather together to create a centre of occultism. The plan worked for some centuries but Satan ensured his Whore of Babylon eventually gained control of most religion around the western world while thinly disguised WoB's are worshipped elsewhere.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP like so many others, lacks wisdom and understanding.
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That may seem easy to understand at first; but then why did Jesus talk about saving flesh?

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I don't think there's a real contradiction after I really thought about it, but it posed a problem for me when I first thought about the two verses put together. I'd curious about how other people here reconcile these two passages..

1 Cor 15 clearly means the kingdom of GOD on Earth is for spirit filled people. Either those already dead in their graves awaiting resurrection. Or those raptured and who will never see death.
Matt 24:22 the elect's flesh are the rapturees - the remnant of the two tribes of Jews and the spiritual 10 lost tribes who are the real Israel Christians of UK and USA.
Zephaniah 1 and Acts 7 says the Jews of Jerusalem are mostly False Jew Canaanites Baal-worshippers doomed to destruction during Armageddon, although obviously some may realise that Jesus was the Messiah and become Christian.

Its widely assumed that the verse is referring to our skin, our physical bodies not inheriting the kingdom of God, and from this assumption, it is then claimed that the redemption does not include the "flesh". As you point out, this cannot be the case, otherwise there is a clear contradiction. It also makes zero sense when considering that the very ground we stand on also gets redeemed in its own way with the new heaven and earth to come. We are told to believe that heaven and earth is made new, which are material, yet our own fleshly bodies, that is made from the earth won't......make that make sense.....
default_wall.gif

There is nothing inherently wrong with our flesh, otherwise God would not have declared it "good" when he made it. If flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom, then why bother giving us fleshly bodies? Why bother resurrecting Jesus in a fleshly body, showing the disciples that he is in fact not a ghost, just to give them false hope? You see how dumb this premise really is that people base their entire belief on? And like I said before, even assuming the verse actually is referring to the flesh, when keeping the verse in context, it still doesn't mean what many claim it means. You would think the term "neither does corruption inherit incorruption" would be a hint.

What is the sting of death?:
(1 Corinthians 15:51-56) "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. {53} For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. {54} So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. {55} O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? {56} The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law."

Notice he never says anything about a change from flesh to spirit. You would think he would have actually stated this is what occurs at the resurrection, but the only thing he says is that our flesh being corrupted by the wages of our sin, the law revealing the sin within us, is resurrected incorruptible, meaning without decay, just like the body of Jesus. For some reason, this is hard for many to accept, as they put a limit on what they believe God is capable of. If God wanted to create Adam and Eve without decay, he would have done it to start with, no tree of life necessary.

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If God wanted to create Adam and Eve without decay, he would have done it to start with, no tree of life necessary.

I'm not sure that is isn't a slur on GOD and Jesus!
Adam and Eve clearly weren't designed to need the tree of life as even after being cursed Noah lived 950 years.
Humans were told and designed to eat fruit and nuts and just the analysis of almonds shows they contain practically every vitamin and mineral as well as fibre and protein needed to keep a body in superb shape.
Every day we grow and lose a layer of skin as a long soak in a warm bath will reveal.
I'm allergic to most acid fruits and all members of the nightshade family: tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, potatoes as they al bring on various athritic and muscle problems.
GOD had cursed Earth and all its plants and I'm inclined to think that just as I have had to give up the tasty fruits and nightshades many other people may have health problems from unsuspected allergies to other fruits and vegetables. It's always baffled me how just a bit of a peanut can kill a person.
However let's not forget that no matter what befalls every person in this life there is to be a Judgment Day to reveal if our real natures qualify us for life on Paradise Earth with Jesus.
Satan has ensured all his slaves preach a life in heaven for everyone no matter how evil.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We read:

I don't think there's a real contradiction after I really thought about it, but it posed a problem for me when I first thought about the two verses put together. I'd curious about how other people here reconcile these two passages.
The bodies of Adam and Eve were created perfectly. God's evaluation of His creation of man was "good, very good". The human body was created to be immortal, free of imperfection, sickness, disease and death. But because of Adam's rebellion against God, everything changed because it was all cursed of God through sin entering the world. The bodies of Adam and Eve lost their "very good" state and became corrupted with sin. It is this sinful body that we are saddled with that Paul defines as "the flesh".

Before sin entered the world, Adam and Eve did works that reflected their total obedience and reliance upon God. Afterward, their sinful flesh led them into the works of the flesh as defined in Galatians 5.

When God says that the wages of sin is death, this primarily means physical death for all mankind. Being converted to Christ means a total transformation of heart and spirit, but the sinful flesh remains unchanged because it is already under the sentence of death. This is what Paul means when he says in 2 Corinthians 1: "We have the sentence of death in ourselves that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead".

But Jesus has shown us the way. He became sin for us, although He was sinlessly perfect. He died after spending three hours taking upon Himself the eternal and infinite wrath of God for sinners. After three days He rose from the dead to show that He has power over death and hell. He said that in the same way that He rose from the dead, so shall we in the same way. This is what the Scripture means when it says that Jesus is the first born of many brethren. This talks of His resurrection which is to be the pattern for our resurrection when "the dead in Christ shall rise first".

Once we have risen to meet the Lord, we will no longer be in a mortal flesh and blodd body corrupted by sin. It will be even a better body than the ones Adam and Eve had. It will be a glorified body the same as the risen and glorified Christ's body, except that as the Son of God his glory and majesty will outshine ours.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bodies of Adam and Eve were created perfectly. God's evaluation of His creation of man was "good, very good". The human body was created to be immortal, free of imperfection, sickness, disease and death. But because of Adam's rebellion against God, everything changed because it was all cursed of God through sin entering the world. The bodies of Adam and Eve lost their "very good" state and became corrupted with sin. It is this sinful body that we are saddled with that Paul defines as "the flesh".
If you said everything God had made when viewed together was very good, I could agree; but there are two times when things were made and God did not say of them that they were good. The first is when the waters were divided and the firmament put into place. The second is after the man was made. Thus I cannot agree with you.

I repeat however that when viewed as a whole, the entirety of all God had made was "very good." How could this be so? Well, the firmament was not pronounced good because it was not. The division of the waters was also not good by itself. These were necessary steps before the lights could be placed in the firmament. Likewise I think, man was not made either good or evil but poised in between. Had he chosen correctly, great good would have come of it at once.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing inherently wrong with our flesh, otherwise God would not have declared it "good" when he made it.
He didn't declare it good as I just pointed out to Paul Christensen.

It is said that God saw everything He had made and it was very good. I take that to include the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil as well as the serpent.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pose another question now. Do unborn babies go automatically to Heaven if aborted? I ask that because if you say they do, then why would be abortion be wrong? You would be sending them to Heaven. If they were born and lived, they might become dreadful sinners and wind up damned. It seems to me something is amiss with that line of reasoning. It's impossible for me to think abortion would be doing a favor for the unborn. God has a purpose for children being born, I think, and abortion interferes with that.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that is isn't a slur on GOD and Jesus!
Adam and Eve clearly weren't designed to need the tree of life as even after being cursed Noah lived 950 years.

They needed to tree to sustain their lives, so yes, they did need the tree. That's why God kicked them out to begin with, so they won't have access to it.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you said everything God had made when viewed together was very good, I could agree; but there are two times when things were made and God did not say of them that they were good. The first is when the waters were divided and the firmament put into place. The second is after the man was made. Thus I cannot agree with you.

I repeat however that when viewed as a whole, the entirety of all God had made was "very good." How could this be so? Well, the firmament was not pronounced good because it was not. The division of the waters was also not good by itself. These were necessary steps before the lights could be placed in the firmament. Likewise I think, man was not made either good or evil but poised in between. Had he chosen correctly, great good would have come of it at once.
You didn't get that from Genesis 1. I just believe what is written in that chapter, no more, no less. Man was created on day 6 and God saw that His creation was perfect. The choice that has to be made here is whether we accept the true Word of God, or the ideas of atheists who are leaving God out of the picture.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MATTHEW 24:22 Explanation part 1

In 70 C.E., God no longer viewed the natural Jews as his chosen people. Jesus showed that God had rejected that nation and would let its capital city, temple, and system of worship come to an end. (Matthew 23:37–24:2) God chose a new nation, spiritual Israel. (Acts 15:14; Romans 2:28, 29; Galatians 6:16) It was composed of men and women chosen out of all nations and anointed with holy spirit. (Matthew 22:14; John 15:19; Acts 10:1, 2, 34, 35, 44, 45) Some years before the attack by Cestius Gallus, Peter wrote to “the ones chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, with sanctification by the spirit.” Such spirit-anointed ones were “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.” (1 Peter 1:1, 2; 2:9) God would take such chosen ones to heaven to reign with Jesus.—Colossians 1:1, 2; 3:12; Titus 1:1; Revelation 17:14.

This identifying of the chosen ones is helpful, since Jesus foretold that the days of tribulation would be cut short “on account of the chosen ones.” The Greek word translated “on account of” can also be rendered “for the sake of.(Mark.2:27; John12:30; 1 Corinthians 8:11;9:10, 23; 11:9; 2 Timothy 2:10; Revelation 2:3) So Jesus could have been saying, ‘Unless those days are cut short, no flesh will be saved; but for the sake of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.’ (Matthew 24:22) Did something occur that benefited or was ‘for the sake of’ the Christian chosen ones trapped in Jerusalem?
In 66 C.E., the Romans moved through the land, occupied upper Jerusalem, and began undermining the wall. Josephus comments: “If only he had persevered with the siege a little longer he would have captured the City at once.” Ask yourself, ‘Why would the powerful Roman army suddenly abandon the campaign and “flying in the face of all reason” retreat?’ Rupert Furneaux, a specialist in interpreting military history, comments: “No historian has succeeded in supplying any adequate reason for Gallus’s strange and disastrous decision.” Be that as it may, the effect was that the tribulation was cut short. The Romans retreated, with the Jews savaging them as they went. What of the anointed Christian “chosen ones” who had been trapped? The lifting of the siege meant that they were saved from any slaughter that threatened during the tribulation. Hence, those Christians who benefited from the cutting short of the tribulation in 66 C.E. were the saved “flesh” mentioned at Matthew 24:22.
Someone might ask, ‘Why should I be especially interested in this clarified understanding of Jesus’ words?’ Well, there is ample reason to conclude that Jesus’ prophecy was to have a larger fulfillment, beyond what happened up to and including 70 C.E. (Compare Matthew 24:7; Luke 21:10, 11; Revelation 6:2-8.) For decades, Jehovah’s Witnesses have preached that the major fulfillment occurring in our time proves that we can expect a large-scale “great tribulation” just ahead. During it, how will the prophetic words at Matthew 24:22 be fulfilled?

XRose

Mar 21, 2020
East Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the firmament was not pronounced good because it was not. The division of the waters was also not good by itself. These were necessary steps before the lights could be placed in the firmament. Likewise I think, man was not made either good or evil but poised in between. Had he chosen correctly, great good would have come of it at once.

I have no idea where you get this claptrap!
GOD intended a firmament of moisture around Earth to soften the sun's heat and block its harmful radiations. It was the need to drown all Nephilim and humans that made GOD cause the flood during which great geysers blasted from under the Earth's crust and simulatenously the canopy collapsed.
Adam and Eve were good and if Satan hadn't become jealous and resentful of GOD's delight in them the pair woudl still be around for us to talk to.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MATTHEW 24:22 EXPLANATION PART 2

Some two decades after the tribulation on Jerusalem, the apostle John wrote the book of Revelation. It confirmed that great tribulation lay ahead. And, being interested in what affects us personally, we may be relieved to know that Revelation prophetically assures us that human flesh will live through this coming great tribulation. John foretold “a great crowd . . . out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” Who are they? A voice from heaven answers: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation.” (Revelation 7:9, 14) Yes, they will be survivors! Revelation also offers us insight into how things will develop in the coming great tribulation and how Matthew 24:22will be fulfilled.
The opening phase of this tribulation will be an attack on a symbolic prostitute called “Babylon the Great.” (Revelation 14:8; 17:1, 2) She represents the worldwide empire of false religion, with Christendom being most reprehensible. According to the words of Revelation 17:16-18, God will put it into the heart of the political element to attack this symbolic harlot. Think how it could appear to God’s anointed “chosen ones” and their associates, the “great crowd.” As this devastating attack on religion advances, it might seem that it will wipe out all religious organizations, including Jehovah’s people.
This is where Jesus’ words found at Matthew 24:22 will be fulfilled on a large scale. As the chosen ones in Jerusalem appeared to be at risk, Jehovah’s servants might seem in danger of being eliminated during the attack on religion, as if that attack would wipe out all “flesh” of God’s people. Yet, let us bear in mind what happened back in 66 C.E. The tribulation caused by the Romans was cut short, allowing God’s anointed chosen ones ample opportunity to escape and remain alive. Thus, we can rest assured that the destructive attack on religion will not be allowed to kill off the global congregation of true worshipers. It will proceed quickly, as if “in one day.” Somehow, though, it will be cut short, will not be allowed to complete its objective, so that God’s people can be “saved.”—Revelation 18:8.
Other elements of Satan the Devil’s earthly organization will thereafter continue for a time, mourning the loss of dealings with their old religious paramour. (Revelation 18:9-19) At some point, they will notice that God’s true servants remain, “dwelling in security, all of them dwelling without wall” and appearing to be easy prey. What a surprise is in store! Responding to a real or threatened aggression against his servants, God will rise up in judgment of his enemies in the final part of the great tribulation.—Ezekiel 38:10-12, 14, 18-23.
This second phase of the great tribulation will parallel what happened to Jerusalem and its inhabitants in the second attack by the Romans in 70 C.E. It will prove to be “great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until [then], no, nor will occur again.” (Matthew 24:21) We can rest assured, though, that God’s chosen ones and their associates will not be in the danger zone, at risk of being killed. Oh, they will not have fled to one geographic location. First-century Christians in Jerusalem could flee from that city to the mountainous region, such as Pella across the Jordan. In the future, however, God’s faithful Witnesses will be located all over the globe, so safety and protection will not be based on geographic location.
The destruction will not be by the forces of Rome or any other human agency. Instead, the book of Revelation describes the executional forces as being from heaven. Yes, that final part of the great tribulation will be carried out, not by any human army, but by “The Word of God,” the King Jesus Christ, assisted by ‘the armies that are in heaven,’ including resurrected anointed Christians. The “King of kings and Lord of lords” will carry out an execution far more thorough than the Romans did in 70 C.E. It will eliminate all human opposers of God—kings, military commanders, freemen and slaves, small ones and great. Even human organizations of Satan’s world will meet their end.—Revelation 2:26, 27;17:14; 19:11-21; 1 John 5:19.
Recall that “flesh,” both of the anointed remnant and of the “great crowd,” already will have been saved when Babylon the Great goes down swiftly and completely in the first part of the tribulation. Likewise in the final part of the tribulation, “flesh” that has fled to Jehovah’s side will be saved. How this will contrast with the outcome for the rebellious Jews in 70 C.E.!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't get that from Genesis 1. I just believe what is written in that chapter, no more, no less. Man was created on day 6 and God saw that His creation was perfect. The choice that has to be made here is whether we accept the true Word of God, or the ideas of atheists who are leaving God out of the picture.
Are we reading the same Bible? You are not believing what is written. You're adding to it.

Day 1
Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Day 2
Nothing is said to be good

Day 3
Genesis 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Day 4
Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Day 5
Genesis 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Day 6
Genesis 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Man being created and made? It is not said that God saw "it was good". Why do you adopt the teaching of men and then claim Genesis says something it doesn't? Please take the Bible more seriously. I used to believe as you do until someone pointed out to me that what I thought was in there was not.

Then consider the serpent and the forbidden fruit. These too were part of the creation that God saw was "very good." Were they not?

Consider salt. It is made of sodium and chlorine. Either one of them would kill you if you ate it. Not good. But when you combine the two, you get salt which is indeed good and necessary for life. It is a sacred symbol.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Are we reading the same Bible? You are not believing what is written. You're adding to it.

Day 1
Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Day 2
Nothing is said to be good

Day 3
Genesis 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Day 4
Genesis 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Day 5
Genesis 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Day 6
Genesis 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Man being created and made? It is not said that God saw "it was good". Why do you adopt the teaching of men and then claim Genesis says something it doesn't? Please take the Bible more seriously. I used to believe as you do until someone pointed out to me that what I thought was in there was not.

Then consider the serpent and the forbidden fruit. These too were part of the creation that God saw was "very good." Were they not?

Consider salt. It is made of sodium and chlorine. Either one of them would kill you if you ate it. Not good. But when you combine the two, you get salt which is indeed good and necessary for life. It is a sacred symbol.
"1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

I see you have carefully missed out parts of the verse that don't suit your dogmatic view. Mmmm...

So in taking away from the written Scripture to try and prove your point, you have gone into heresy, and therefore your post is false in every other part.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oddly enough Genesis (in the Hebrew) does not read "skins" but "skin." That makes me ask if Adam and Eve were originally spiritual beings with spiritual bodies.
Exactly.

I believe Adam and Eve were Soul and Spirit only. No Covering as of yet. The word 'Naked' meant they weren't 'clothed' with a complete Tabernacle yet...

2 Corinthians 5:2
"For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven"

Did they in fact die that very day?
I would say yes.

In fact, I believe what Adam and Eve experienced was the Second Death as mentioned in the Book of Revelation.

That is why God had to clothe them with 'Skins' and give them a body. It was a form of Resurrection in order to be able to live on the 'Physical Earth' that was created during the Fall.

In other words, the Spiritual Earth 'fell' into a lower state of Physical Matter.

The Flaming Sword and Cherubim are a foreshadow of the Lake of Fire. Adam and Eve had to 'pass through the fire' to the other side.

They were given a choice: Tree of Life or the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It was their choice between life and death. I think they died that very day. I think they already possesses some of the Glory of God and lost it. The Light went out. They were spiritually dead. To give them another chance, God put them into human bodies. They were trapped in them because the carnal nature of the bodies overwhelmed them.
You pretty much have it.

The only thing I would change is that their Soul died and not the Spirit. More specifically, their Soul was destroyed as per this verse...

Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

Again, the Flaming Sword was a picture of the Lake of Fire. Adam and Eve were 'driven out'. In other words, they went unwillingly, with gnashing of teeth probably.

Oh and since you Giuliano are an open minded person, you can replace the word Resurrected in my post to Reincarnation in order to understand it better.

Thus...

Adam and Eve were passed through the Lake of Fire (Flaming Sword and Cherubim) and were Reincarnated onto a Physical Earth.

Since there was no Mother to be Reincarnated from, God had to give Adam and Eve their 'Skins' or Physical Bodies himself.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Exactly.

I believe Adam and Eve were Soul and Spirit only. No Covering as of yet. The word 'Naked' meant they weren't 'clothed' with a complete Tabernacle yet...

2 Corinthians 5:2
"For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven"

I would say yes.

In fact, I believe what Adam and Eve experienced was the Second Death as mentioned in the Book of Revelation.

That is why God had to clothe them with 'Skins' and give them a body. It was a form of Resurrection in order to be able to live on the 'Physical Earth' that was created during the Fall.

In other words, the Spiritual Earth 'fell' into a lower state of Physical Matter.

The Flaming Sword and Cherubim are a foreshadow of the Lake of Fire. Adam and Eve had to 'pass through the fire' to the other side.

You pretty much have it.

The only thing I would change is that their Soul died and not the Spirit. More specifically, their Soul was destroyed as per this verse...

Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

Again, the Flaming Sword was a picture of the Lake of Fire. Adam and Eve were 'driven out'. In other words, they went unwillingly, with gnashing of teeth probably.

Oh and since you Giuliano are an open minded person, you can replace the word Resurrected in my post to Reincarnation in order to understand it better.

Thus...

Adam and Eve were passed through the Lake of Fire (Flaming Sword and Cherubim) and were Reincarnated onto a Physical Earth.

Since there was no Mother to be Reincarnated from, God had to give Adam and Eve their 'Skins' or Physical Bodies himself.
This is effectively adding to the text of the narrative and reading stuff into it to suit your own views. This amounts to heresy.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some read "dust" to mean physical dust. Others (me included) read it to mean spiritual dust.
You are correct again.

Dust is not 'rocks and minerals' or whatever. Dust is DNA and DNA begins as Spiritual Seed.

This next verse tells us what the 'Clay' is that we are made from...

Daniel 2:43
"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay"

Clay is the Seed of Men. It is DNA.

It is the Word of God...

Luke 8:11
"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God"

The Word of God (Spiritual) became Flesh (Physical).