WHAT Is the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then does the one who begets precede the one who is begotten? Who existed first? If one did, then one had a beginning and apparently the other one did not.
Great point. this is just what i was point out earlier concering John 1:1. the beginning in John 1:1 was God in flesh, and not in existence, for he always existed, jut only when he came in flesh this was a beginning in flesh only, or the manifestation of himself in flesh. not a beginning in existence. good point. just like the Hebrews question, Hebrews 1:3a "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person". many try to use the copy angel, "Express" image. for a copy is not the original.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lutheran satire gives the best explanation of the trinity I've ever heard
Maybe you failed to listen to the final explanation by Patrick
I did, that's why I ask you for your assessment here,

1. first person, "which is, and which was, and which is to come". the one called Father?.
2. second person, "the seven Spirits". the one called the Holy Spirit?.
3. third person, "Jesus Christ". a no brainier, the Son?
is this a fair assessment?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great point. this is just what i was point out earlier concering John 1:1. the beginning in John 1:1 was God in flesh, and not in existence, for he always existed, jut only when he came in flesh this was a beginning in flesh only, or the manifestation of himself in flesh. not a beginning in existence. good point. just like the Hebrews question, Hebrews 1:3a "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person". many try to use the copy angel, "Express" image. for a copy is not the original.
You misunderstand what you quote
Jesus was in the beginning and then became flesh, not the other way around

Reactions: GodsGrace

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did, that's why I ask you for your assessment here,

1. first person, "which is, and which was, and which is to come". the one called Father?.
If that were true, there would be no mystery

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now GG, may this might help you out before you answer, 1 Corinthians 4:15 "For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel". so did Paul sleep with many woman?, OR..... (smile)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
nice satire, got a good laugh out of it, but people souls are at stake. they need the truth.
may I make a suggestion. the person is where I go. if there are three person, scripture, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. question, "is this letter, (Revelation), the book, is it from three person or one". scripture, Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

is this a true assessment?

peace in Christ
You mentioned that souls are at stake.
Does this mean that if one does not have the correct Trinity doctrine he is lost?
I asked this on the PO.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what was begotten? flesh or spirit?. and remember God is a Spirit.
There is only one God
Jesus called himself God
Paul called Jesus God
John 8:58;
"before Abraham was, I Am"...
Titus 2:13b;
"the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ..."

All this talk about "flesh" is sidetracking the fact that Jesus is God.

Reactions: GodsGrace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mentioned that souls are at stake.
Does this mean that if one does not have the correct Trinity doctrine he is lost?
I asked this on the PO.
if you refuse the TRUTH. now, under law ignorance, is not excuse.... (smile), thank God we're under grace.

now to,
There is only one God
Jesus called himself God
Paul called Jesus God
John 8:58;
I know this, there is only one GOD. I'm talking about your Persons, PERSON that suppose to be in your Godhead.

now once more,
is this a fair assessment? YES or NO.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.
Mystery could be something that is understood only partially.
I can't buy that, when scriptures are plain. Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". so no excuse. just find the knowledge in the scripture, it there.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice satire, got a good laugh out of it, but people souls are at stake. they need the truth.
may I make a suggestion. the person is where I go. if there are three person, scripture, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. question, "is this letter, (Revelation), the book, is it from three person or one". scripture, Revelation 1:4 & 5 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood".

is this a true assessment?

peace in Christ

Anyone with a basic reading comprehension can see its describing three different entities. There is the Father who sits on the throne, the seven spirits which comprise the Holy Ghost, and the son Jesus Christ AKA "the word of God" who will be right beside him.

The Seven spirits of God:
(Isaiah 11:1-3) "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 1. And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, 2. the spirit of wisdom and 3. understanding, 4. the spirit of counsel and 5. might, 6. the spirit of knowledge and of the 7. fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:"

While it doesn't particularly describe these characteristics as of the holy ghost, its really one of the few scriptures we have to go on as a possibility as it can be inferred from the general body of evidence.

(Matthew 3:16-17) "And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: {17} And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

(Zechariah 4:1-3) "And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep, {2} And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof: {3} And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof."

(Zechariah 4:10) "For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth."

(Revelation 4:5) "And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're told we're to believe a doctrine that could not be understood.
Tomorrow...
Who told us to believe what? I Believe what I do and strive to live for God accordingly by submitting or surrendering to Him daily. Some things that I believe may be wrong, but if they are and God considers a change essential, will He not direct me correctly? I do trust Him even if I do not understand or if I misunderstand. I believe that I am growing toward Him. I pick up the debris in my way as I see it and if I do not, will He not clear the Way if I continue to hand Him the reins?

I really always try to include the "not my will but Thine" in my prayers.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now don't all of you speak at once. if you don't agree with Dcopymope, speak now or forever hold your peace.... (smile).

GodDrace?, Rollo Tamasi?..

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now don't all of you speak at once. if you don't agree with Dcopymope, speak now or forever hold your peace.... (smile).

GodDrace?, Rollo Tamasi?..

They would also have to explain why not even "he who sat on the throne" could open the book of the seven seals. Nothing in existence could open it, and it had John crying like a little girl until the "Lamb that had been slain" walked in and opened it. Yet again, its two different entities being described.

(Revelation 5:1-7) "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. {2} And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? {3} And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. {4} And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. {5} And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. {6} And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. {7} And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne."